Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• Saif_Al_OmairaSaif_Al_Omaira Joined: Posts: 13
    edited June 12
    Just thinking of what Hits assist might be, with his time manipulation got me all excited! when will they reveal Trunks already.

By the way I'm not sure if I missed it or something but I noticed that the SSJ2 and SSJ3 forms are missing their signature sparks
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,756
    Can't get a more hype trailer than that. Still waiting on gameplay details before I get too excited though lol.

yea we def need to see more gameplay. i want different characters to actually play different this time

goku deflecting ki blasts and them destroying namek huts in the background is mint
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,363
    Hecatom wrote: »

The anime just introduced 2 new waifus, but who knows if they will make it to the roster.

Just 2?

Does Vados not count as a Waifu?

I said that introduced 2 new waifus, like in recent episodes.
    Vados was introduced quite some time ago. :rofl:
    But yes, she is also a waifu, and the most powerful one at the moment as well.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando Goten More Years Joined: Posts: 3,148
    God that cel-shading is beautiful.

Will be very happy if they manage to make characters viable, regardless of their anime power level. Let me crack Broly's face open with Raditz.
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "AlphaCommando > RadicalFuzz" - Augustus
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,909
    Looks like Goku's SSJ3 might only be available during that one Super. Doesn't look like an Install.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    What chances that the assist work like on SBX where it cancels the action that the point character is doing? Like a getho Roman Cancel.
    Also it seems that you can call both assists at the "same time"
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,977
    There will be Instant Kills? ;)
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,702
    This is an absolute godlike year for fighting games.

Capcom is supposedly fixing SFV with SSFV (we'll see how that goes)

MvCi has an ass roster but a solid looking fighting engine

Tekken 7 is godlike from what I hear

Rev 2 released.

Now this game is announced

I just wish capcom hadn't fucked up SFV. A healthy SF means a healthy FGC as we have seen, and them fucking up hurts everyone.
    As a fighting game enthusiast/competitive player my hunger is satiated. Where one game is lacking, another has is spades.

Thank GOD its DB and not a weaboo ass fighter with fucking brothers and sisters fucking eachother and shit.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • Saif_Al_OmairaSaif_Al_Omaira Joined: Posts: 13
    CyberAkuma wrote: »
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Hopefully this game is treated better than Super Dragonball Z. I can already imagine the average DBZ fanboy complaining that you have to do actual directional inputs for specials and supers, just like they did with SDBZ.

Fuck that, they had their game. Let them play Xenoverse 2 for all I care. We haven't had a proper DBZ fighter in what 9 years? This will be the fighter of 2018. Might beat even smash entrants.

While I think the game will sell well enough in itself, it can't be stressed enough: one of the reasons that Super DBZ failed was because even though it didn't find any favor with the casual audience, it also didn't get much (if any) help from the very audience it was catering to the most.

Granted, you can chalk that up to it being released before Dragonball interest skyrocketed and it was "cool" to like the series again. But there can't be any excuses, this time. This is just as much Arc's chance to have a big and consistent player/moneymaker as it is for us to have a legit and sustainable Dragonball fighter, and I am ready to throw my hands up in the sky and give all parties involved MY ENERGY.

I thought it failed cause of the over saturated market, there was Budokai 3 that released a year before and tenkaichi around the same year. I agree with you though, Arc system really has to start strong and casuals are needed to do that.
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 646
    So let me get this straight - they have Frieza, Gold Frieza, and "I am going to make you suffer" Young Gohan. Take my money Arc Sys.
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 721
    Thank GOD its DB and not a weaboo ass fighter with fucking brothers and sisters fucking eachother and shit.
    Yeah, fuck Soul Calibur V with a hot iron! God damn it, why isn't there a good new Soul Calibur? Whatever, DBFZ will probably console me...
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409
    CyberAkuma wrote: »
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Hopefully this game is treated better than Super Dragonball Z. I can already imagine the average DBZ fanboy complaining that you have to do actual directional inputs for specials and supers, just like they did with SDBZ.

Fuck that, they had their game. Let them play Xenoverse 2 for all I care. We haven't had a proper DBZ fighter in what 9 years? This will be the fighter of 2018. Might beat even smash entrants.

While I think the game will sell well enough in itself, it can't be stressed enough: one of the reasons that Super DBZ failed was because even though it didn't find any favor with the casual audience, it also didn't get much (if any) help from the very audience it was catering to the most.

Granted, you can chalk that up to it being released before Dragonball interest skyrocketed and it was "cool" to like the series again. But there can't be any excuses, this time. This is just as much Arc's chance to have a big and consistent player/moneymaker as it is for us to have a legit and sustainable Dragonball fighter, and I am ready to throw my hands up in the sky and give all parties involved MY ENERGY.

I thought it failed cause of the over saturated market, there was Budokai 3 that released a year before and tenkaichi around the same year. I agree with you though, Arc system really has to start strong and casuals are needed to do that.

Like I said, what I listed was only one of the reasons. Over saturation didn't help either, but that just exacerbated the issues surrounding that poor game.
    Things i noticed rewatching the trailer.
    It seems that at least Golden Freezer is an ingame transformation.
    There seems to be damage in the stages both in game and at least as "stage" transitions, since Freezer death ball seems to trigger one.
    The cinematic attacks could be lvl3 supers or even destroyed like attacks.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,610
    Inputs should just be quarter circle(occasional half circle) and dp motions as these genuinely aren't difficult for casuals. Inputs such as double half/quarter circle inputs, pretzel like motions are way too much for a game like this as a huge part of their audience will be casuals, however i also don't want it over simplified for the more hardcore audience.

ABC>launcher>ABC>knockdown like in MvC was perfect for casools. Gatlings as in GG are also very easy to do and leaves a lot of freedom for everyone else.

Above all a good and fun tutorial such as in GG is key as well as a ton of offline content, i'm confident ASW knows what they are doing just by looking at what they did with GGrev2.
    What held ASW back from mainstream succes were their IP's honestly, Dragon Ball has MASSIVE appeal and this combined with their cel shading style, it's hard to fuck this up. If ASW can't breakthrough with this, then nothing they do can(perhaps a 1v1 Naruto game in same style(crosses fingers)).
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
    Just give it button dashes and 2 button supers. And cool it on the subsystems and negative penalties made to make people play a certain way.
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 12
    I dunno man, IAD in GG feels so satisfying
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,321
    Hype approaching critical mass. Please don't suck.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,737
    Neg pen is a mechanic that I hated before playing GG... but after playing it, it's an amazing mechanic. I hope a version of it comes to dbz along with all the other GG mechanics.

So hyped for this. My body is ready. I started playing skullgirls simply because I wanted an assist fighter that I could practice from home in good netcode so I could up my game for the upcoming marvel games...then capcom releases mvci with no assists... my world was shattered.

This dbz game will make dreams come true. The only problem is that it more than likely will have some super shit netcode tacked onto it. I don't know if I can get down with this game if it has shit netcode. Shit netcode is what stopped me from playing umvc3 and it's what has stopped me from playing GG. All fighters should have ggpo in this day and age. Not only that, but they should be doing everything they can to improve upon existing GGPO netcode and deliver an even better product than older ggpo programs.

Give me ping times and selectable input delay, give me replays and lobbies, give me a save state function. Give me hitbox viewer, give me frame data in game, give me a world tour mode. Give me a true optimized for 2018 fighting game experience!
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    edited June 12

I'd prefer lowered execution barriers so my friends will play it with me, at least not as high as GG
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,457
    I think the control scheme might be something like this:
    Punch
    Kick
    Ki
    Dust
    Assist
    Assist
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 12

Yeah, in Guilty Gear. From the limited info I may be overestimating how Marvel they actually intend this to be like, but I'm imagining high level Marvel players having to double tap for every dash in UMvC3 and that sounds horrible.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 721
    edited June 12
    Guilty Gear air dashing is the best. Sure as hell do not want any Persona 4: Arena auto-combo or BlazeBlur crap. I hope the control scheme is simply light/heavy punch and light/heavy kick. Assist 1 should be lp+hk, Assist 2 should be hp+lk, and switch should just be holding those down. Dust/Energy bursts should be hp+hk. The rest should involve qc and hc motions with maybe 2,2+something specials.

I am sure there will be illegal filming and I look forward to that.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
    Veserius wrote: »
    universal system mechanics are good @d3v they prevent characters from feeling helpless if they don't have a small subset of innate defensive options and allows a wider variety of characters to be strong.

True, but that often comes at the cost of limiting playstyles. Look at MvC2, for all the complaints about the game having a limited viable cast, it sure had a large variety of viable playstyles - including some that you rarely ever see anymore. For example, old school trapping teams such as Spiral/Sent, Strider/Doom, Blackheart/Doom, etc., or full screen runaway with Storm and assists like CapCom, Cyclops, or Cable. Heck, the latter is pretty much killed by neg pen.