Dragon Ball Fighter Z announced! 2.5D, 3v3 and made by ArcSys

Comments

• VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,489
    the only which you addressed was negative penalty which I shot down with that ET footage. What other mechanic do you want to be wrong about?
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,236
    ASW's netcode has actually been quite good lately. I doubt it'll be an issue.
    Only if you think 4 frames of constantly varying input lag is "good" I don't.

4 frames of delay is the best I've gotten in rev2. But it's varies between that and 7-8 frames usually.

It's pretty unplayable. Anything over 2 frames of lag can't be considered serious, and if you throw high end variation in there, it's even worse.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,395
    i will assume the button layouts will be light mid heavy, which is the norm for 2D anime fighters like arcana heart, GG, melty blood, etc...with two buttons for both assists and perhaps a launcher button.
    i seriously doubt it'll be lp hp lk hk like MvC2. seriously doubt that. there'll prob be a high speed dodge/evade/teleport button if there is no block button.
    3f delay Rev2 has the same amount of input delay as SFV, pc you can get the native input delay down to 1f which makes a 3f connect the same as console offline.

people i play in socal i get 1-2f of delay to, and i get 3f to norcal/pnw generally.

I'm really hoping for better netcode, but xrd's is mostly fine.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,665
    2 button dash/air dash is fine, Skullgirls does a great job at this. Having access to buttons for dash still allows the depth in gameplay but mostly removes the physical execution required for IAD - great for newcomers in my opinion.

Negative penalty is also fine in my opinion, since it doesn't disallow zoning like what was explained earlier. Typically in this system, moving forward increases your meter. Meter is usually a big deal in Dbz games (charging up ki for example).
    Naeras wrote: »
    I have no idea if this is actually real, but I laughed when I saw it.

that tweet is from when they spoiled the same mvci trailer again, so now people are using it for memes.
    edited June 12
    Buu special move turns Goku into chocolate?
    or graham cracker? candy regardless.

bg9LmG9.jpg
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,073 mod
    Veserius wrote: »
    the only which you addressed was negative penalty which I shot down with that ET footage. What other mechanic do you want to be wrong about?
    Show me how you can do true loops (ground sequence, into air sequence, into same ground sequence, and same air sequence) in Skullgirls, despite IPS existing (and not counting double snap infinites). For those who don't know, IPS has been redundant since Encore onwards added an undizzy meter. The mechanic exists simply because Mike wants to encourage creative combos. Which is my thing, I'd rather not have mechanics solely meant to encourage or discourage certain things. Yes, you can play around it, and the style may not totally be un-viable, but you still get the sense that the devs would rather you not play that way, and that you may likely see it patched down the line.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,773
    StockyJam wrote: »
    i will assume the button layouts will be light mid heavy, which is the norm for 2D anime fighters like arcana heart, GG, melty blood, etc...with two buttons for both assists and perhaps a launcher button.
    i seriously doubt it'll be lp hp lk hk like MvC2. seriously doubt that. there'll prob be a high speed dodge/evade/teleport button if there is no block button.

GG uses 5 buttons, all for normals
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited June 12
    The Skullgirls have IBS? They have medication for that, but what do you expect with a diet like Filia's?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,133
    I hope this game paves the way for an all stars 2D jump fighter. This is how marvel vs capcom started right? With the xmen?
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
    edited June 12
    Hecatom wrote: »

and arcana uses 4 attack buttons
    Post edited by Veserius on
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Xr0s-up wrote: »
    I hope this game paves the way for an all stars 2D jump fighter. This is how marvel vs capcom started right? With the xmen?

Anything to let Capcom know they can be replaced.

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 107
    Dragon Ball Forever, everyone :D
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 459
    Hail Dragon Ball Fighter Z. Finally a Dragon Ball game I would actually hype for.
    Scrub artist : http://diasfox.tumblr.com/
    CFN: DiasFox Character: ChunLi (Bronze Level A.K.A NOOBSHIT)

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,021
    So what are you guys' character wishlists?

This is an ArcSys fighter, and a first iteration of one after all, so I assume this won't have a big roster until DLC or an update the year after
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 7,269
    Wasted wrote: »
    No, I am not giving Max the acknowledgement of a view.

I did only so I could downvote the video, then immediately turned it off.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 7,269
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

This is an ArcSys fighter, and a first iteration of one after all, so I assume this won't have a big roster until DLC or an update the year after

Tien

everything else can rot
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 459
    My wishlist, Yamcha. So I can see him KO all the time.
    Scrub artist : http://diasfox.tumblr.com/
    CFN: DiasFox Character: ChunLi (Bronze Level A.K.A NOOBSHIT)

• CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,109
    As long as A.18 and Piccolo are in things will be fine. Those are almost guaranteed to be in. Tien would complete my team, but his chances of appearing, at least on release, are smaller.

edited June 12
    Veserius wrote: »

and arcana uses 4 attack buttons

True.
    If we go by the games released, while 3 normal buttons and a mechanic button seems common, it is not the norm.
    There are plenty of games that use more than 3 normals + 1 sp buttons on their layout.

Post edited by Hecatom on
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I think in addition to the 6 chars we've seen, they'll probably play it safe and add mostly the Z cast

So... Yamcha, Tien, Krillin, Piccolo, A16, A17, A18, Future Trunks, Kid Buu, Nappa, Raditz, Captain Ginyu
    Would love to see Broly, Bardock, Cooler and Bojack or A13 as the movie content
    Mr Satan for comedic purposes. Videl to add at least one waifu to accompany A18

That would equate to 24 characters at launch. I don't expect any more (actually will probably have less)

If they could deliver Goku Black (or Zamasu), Beerus, Omega Shenron, Hit as DLC that'd be cool

Also I'm not exactly in favor of multiple versions of the same character that DBZ games tend to suffer from, so I personally wouldn't want to see stuff like SSJ4 Goku or Super 17 or Imperfect Cell, or Super Vegeta, and all of that bullshit

That's basically the only why the Budokai and Tenkaichi games delved way past 100 characters in the roster - same models, different colors. Making Base, SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3 Goku was fucking stupid, for example
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited June 12

ASW is developing it, but at the end of the day is a Bandai Namco game.
    I assume that they will try to have a roster size around 30, with more comming with updates. Seeing how is the model they usually use with their games. (Naruto, Xenoverse, etc)

I think that is safe to assume that they will have chars up to Resurrection of F.
    Maybe even up to Beerus and Champa tournament.

My guess is that they will add the usual suspects

Already revealed
    SSJ Goku
    SSJ Vegeta
    SSJ2 teen Gohan
    Freezer
    Cell
    Majin Buu (Fat)

Those who i think have a shoe in
    Krillin
    Picollo
    Tien
    Majin Buu (Kid)
    Super Buu (with this one i don't know if they will use the thin version or the one who absorbed Gohan)
    Vegetto (Maybe will have a SSJ Blue transformation in game)
    Gogeta (Maybe will have a SSJ4 transformation in game)
    Broly
    Janemba
    Adult Gohan
    Mystic Gohan (this maybe could be a transformation for Adult Gohan)
    Gotenks
    Future Trunks

Those who i think are quite possible, but not all of them would made it into the base roster, those who are left would probably be sold as dlc
    SSJ Blue Goku (Is a given if not every char has in game transformations, plus it can have a different type of specials with his kaikoen x10 as a install super)
    SSJ Blue Vegeta (Same as above)
    Cooler
    Beerus
    Daabura
    Ginyu
    Burter
    Jeice
    Yamcha
    Nappa
    Videl
    Great Saiyaman
    Mr. Satan (Every game needs its joke character)
    Vegeta Baby
    SSJ4 Goku
    SSJ4 Vegeta
    SSJ4 Gogeta (If is not a )
    Super 17
    1 star Shenlong
    4 star Shenlong
    Pikkon
    Majin Vegeta
    Super Trunks
    SSJG Goku (The red one)

Depends if they go up to the Zamazu Arc from Super (Perhaps as dlc pack?)
    Hit
    Cabba
    Zamasu
    SSJ Rose Goku Black
    Merged Zamasu (Maybe a cinematic super or the unplayable boss actually)
    Frost (Maybe alternate "costume" for freezer)

Could be possible but not so much (Maybe as DLC later on the line but not likely)
    Goten
    Trunks (Kid)
    Whiss
    Champa
    Vados
    Bojack
    Zangya
    Bardock
    Jacko
    Slug
    Turles
    Fasha
    Radditz

Shoe in as 1st DLC
    Califula
    Kale
    Jiren
    Toppo

Kid Goku
    Tao Pai Pai

I also see a good chance they could add chars from ovas and alternate reality games like xenoverse and dragon ball heroes
    My guess is that they will try to sell the packs thematically.
    With a dlc pack for the tournament of survival and a dlc pack for classic DB, packs for villains from movies

I think that ASW will try to prioritize chars based on how they can use them to offer unique gameplay. And knowing Bamco they will try to add the most popular ones from movies and series first, and leave some others as DLC to sell in packs along with the lesser popular ones.

So maybe we will se Broly in, but Janemba being sold as part of the Movie villains pack for example.
    Maybe both Goku and Vegeta SSJ4 will be in but the rest will be sold on a GT pack.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    @Hecatom holy shit
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

edited June 12
    @Hecatom holy shit

I don't think that all of them will make it.
    But knowing Bamco, some of those have high chances on dlc packs later on the run.
    I think that they will aim for a number between 24 and 30 for the initial release.
    Also I'm not exactly in favor of multiple versions of the same character that DBZ games tend to suffer from, so I personally wouldn't want to see stuff like SSJ4 Goku or Super 17 or Imperfect Cell, or Super Vegeta, and all of that bullshit

That's basically the only why the Budokai and Tenkaichi games delved way past 100 characters in the roster - same models, different colors. Making Base, SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3 Goku was fucking stupid, for example

I actually think that some chars will be innevitable their own slot.
    Majin Vegeta, Super 17, the SSJ4's, the SSJ Blues etc, since they are clearly different chars, and have the chance to add diferent movesets and archetypes.

Also, on Tenkaishi non of the "repeated" chars had the same moves neither the same meele attack animations.
    They also have different combo routes to say it in a way, with what of the established combos could do
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    yea man. nigga get some sleep Hecatom. shit. lol. he may be the most hyped one out of all of us.

as for wishlist roster....i know i need 17 and his energy field. i'm gonna be bodying peeps with that all day every day.
    thats all i care about.

but as for waifus chi chi videl 18 most likely will make it in. tho a female saiyan might make it since they are already so damn popular.
    this is arc so...expect females in this game.

c-can you imagine if the roster for this game ends up huge by the end of its run course? and has 50+ characters like mvc2?

omg.
    broly.
    you know he is in.
    i cant wait to go online to use my bottom tier team of chiaotsu, oolong, and bulma to get bodied in ranked.

Majin Vegeta, Super 17, the SSJ4's, the SSJ Blues etc, since they are clearly different chars, and have the chance to add diferent movesets and archetypes.

Also, on Tenkaishi non of the "repeated" chars had the same moves neither the same meele attack animations.
    They also have different combo routes to say it in a way, with what of the established combos could do

SSG Blue could easily be just a recolor since it's near identical to regular SSJ, especially since Gok uand Vegeta retain all of their techniques in that form
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

SSG Blue could easily be just a recolor since it's near identical to regular SSJ, especially since Gok uand Vegeta retain all of their techniques in that form

Stop thinking of it from the show perspective and think of it gameplay wise and fanservice wise.
    Fans would love to have those transformations as characters, not just recolors.

Gameplay wise, you can make them work with different movesets, specially true for SSJB Goku.
    You can add the KaioKen x10 as an instal super for example that drains Goku's Health.
    Vegeta can have other attacks that he doesn't have on his SSJ form.
    Like BB attack, Galick Gun.
    You could make that one version works as a rushdown, while the other has a moveset more oriented as a keep away for example.

You maybe don't like it but is more than likely that it will happen.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 760
    I think Beerus is a safe bet since he was in Extreme Butoden and that game was by ArSys too.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
    edited June 12
    bchan009 wrote: »
    I am re-streaming the nico livestream showing gameplay here (for you plebs without nico accounts):

https://www.youtube.com/user/bchan009/live

Original nico stream broadcasting right now here:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv299638923

@bchan009 nigga you better be recording all this nico footage and not just rebroadcasting it. cut the fat out of it..and show us game footage without the jabbering of these fools,.

pretty pleeeeeeeeease?
    So according to the niconico stream and the gameplay snippet - the character select screen has enough space to fit in about 24 characters total, 12 from each side. I assume one spot in the middle will be for random select, and then team random at the left and right edges
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,066
    So this being called DB FighterZ that confirms no characters from Super?

That would be a real shame.
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 763
    edited June 12
    bchan009 wrote: »
    I am re-streaming the nico livestream showing gameplay here (for you plebs without nico accounts):

https://www.youtube.com/user/bchan009/live

Original nico stream broadcasting right now here:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv299638923

@bchan009 nigga you better be recording all this nico footage and not just rebroadcasting it. cut the fat out of it..and show us game footage without the jabbering of these fools,.

pretty pleeeeeeeeease?

I will do my best!

Gameplay footage already confirmed gold Freeza...so it has Super stuff.
    Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

Uhh... we already have Frieza going Golden, which is from Super.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 107
    I began to suspect a Form Select Option before the battle begins. Example: Replace Regular Super Saiyan Form(s) w/ Super Saiyan Blue
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
    d3v wrote: »
    Considering that Golden Frieza seems to be an install super, or a meter powered transformation, I wouldn't put it past them to make SSJ Blue Goku and Vegeta installs/transformations as well.

Yeah. But it also seems to confirm that not every transformation is accesible outside a cinematic super like SSJ3 for example.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited June 12
    d3v wrote: »
    Considering that Golden Frieza seems to be an install super, or a meter powered transformation, I wouldn't put it past them to make SSJ Blue Goku and Vegeta installs/transformations as well.

Yeah. But it also seems to confirm that not every transformation is accesible outside a cinematic super like SSJ3 for example.

Well, having them all accessible would make stuff somewhat confusing, and a bit redundant. If they're not separate characters (and I don't think they will be) might as well just have to one people will likely want to use (SSJBlue) as the main transformation after starting in SSJ. And with that, make Kaio-Ken x what have you as part of a new cinematic super that he gains when in SSJBlue.

EDIT: Better yet, they could make it a property of SSJBlue Goku where he can charge his moves with Kaio-Ken.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO