What's going on at Capcom?

Comments

• flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 609
    flicky wrote: »
    cherry picking

You ignored 80% of my posts to focus on one thing that is rather irrelevant, the accused someone else of cherry picking.

Stop.

Which posts? I replied to you, then you posted a picture of Fry, what would I have to say about that? Hecatom doesn't want to admit the truth, he knows particle effects are a more likely cause of lag and poor framerates in games, and if that was an actual development problem Capcom were having that's how the devs would fix it. The demo has anti aliasing disabled for this very reason. A few shady mug shots doesn't prove the game has bad graphics, they are literally just cherry picked in unfortunate poses and lighting, Chris looking remarkably like Rocky Balboa. All mouth and no action, you'd think if you could definitively bring a discussion to a close and actually prove your point you would do it, rather just be a smart arse. But like he said, Stupid Retarded Kids, he's in the right place.
  • amrraedamrraed put WW in SF5 Joined: Posts: 4,432
    I think they didn't have enough budget to make the GFx any good because all of their money went into making Arcade mode. LMAO

Now that we have Arcade and story mode on deck, what can ever go wrong ?
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven.

PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,933
    jblair wrote: »
    Capcom went from
    DMC3 - DmC
    God Hand - Asura's wrath
    CVS2 - SF4
    MVC2 - MVC3
    Look at the new versions of RE, bionic commando, and all of their new IPs in between.

Did you skip DMC4?

Asura's Wrath isn't even comparable to God's Hand. They are not the same type of game. Asura's Wrath is interactive anime. You'll need to be specific when it comes to RE and Bionic Commando.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,789
    cherry picking

You ignored 80% of my posts to focus on one thing that is rather irrelevant, the accused someone else of cherry picking.

Stop.

Which posts? I replied to you, then you posted a picture of Fry, what would I have to say about that? Hecatom doesn't want to admit the truth, he knows particle effects are a more likely cause of lag and poor framerates in games, and if that was an actual development problem Capcom were having that's how the devs would fix it. The demo has anti aliasing disabled for this very reason. A few shady mug shots doesn't prove the game has bad graphics, they are literally just cherry picked in unfortunate poses and lighting, Chris looking remarkably like Rocky Balboa. All mouth and no action, you'd think if you could definitively bring a discussion to a close and actually prove your point you would do it, rather just be a smart arse. But like he said, Stupid Retarded Kids, he's in the right place.

You misrepresented that post. I meant that you ignored 80% of the content in my posts to focus on the only thing you felt you could attack.

You cherry picked.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • KingSlenderKingSlender Joined: Posts: 55
    Hecatom wrote: »
    YmF0AeV.jpg

They really are going to make people buy the cool Spencer costume again.
    Nation: U.S.A.
    Date of Birth: 2.9.1961
    Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 280lb.
    Specialty: Back Breaker
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/6h2vt3/former_capcom_intern_here_i_can_explain_why/
    I was with Capcom San Fran’s graphic design and social media team since October 2016 and was let go on happy terms about 3 weeks ago, I have no ill will against the company and wish everyone there nothing but the best. The main game I was attached to was Marvel vs Capcom Infinite for most of my time there. I wasn’t given an NDA to sign or anything like that cause I was an intern and really not given anything important that can’t get out. Ala I can’t tell you anything about which characters will be in the game until maybe about 4 days to a week before they’re officially unveiled. But what I can do is shed some light on the development of the game and tell you why some of you guys are saying the game is ugly, I just want to clear misconceptions about the game and give some clarity. I’m only wishing for the best for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
    First off I need to clear up some comments about our situation, a lot of rumors going around that they were horrendously understaffed and had pretty bad working conditions. We were pretty understaffed in our department is all I can comment on, I would not say we were a skeleton crew but we really could have used maybe 10 or so more guys around. It caused a lot of communication and organization issues but not enough that I’d call it hellish, definitely annoying though. Morale was low with some people cause they took some comments on the art design a little personally when it really wasn’t their fault. I mean how would you feel if you were told to make a painting, then told by the same person to make it look stupid and you have 30 minutes to make it, then once you’re done everyone says it looks bad and you should feel bad when you had no control over your own art.
    So why does this game look so bad? Or more specifically why some characters look bad? Its a combination of multiple things but there are two main points: We were told to make the Capcom side look unappealing and the release schedule had us really strapped for time. Yeah thats right, someone at Disney specifically told the art department and the advertising department to make the Capcom side look “ugly” so the Marvel side would look better. Even in terms of story they wanted the Capcom characters to be very irrelevant so the Marvel team gets most of the spotlight. I can tell you this right now that you will see a lot of Capcom characters losing in battle or just taking a back seat so a Marvel character can do their job for them. I can somewhat confirm one thing with you guys right now is that Ryu does not do anything in the story mode. A few designs from the Capcom side of the characters were outsourced but even then every mock up was sent back and told to make them look either “less pretty and more realistic.” or “more like a cartoon character.” All I really did was stuff for advertisement but some stuff I did was edited by someone else so the Capcom characters were less prominent.
    Some of you probably already noticed it, just compare Chun Li to Captain Marvel or Dante to Iron Man or Dr. Strange. The game is acting like a form of advertisement for Disney’s MCU, so those characters are being made to look more appealing than the rest. There is one exception, it was specifically stated to give Mega Man characters spotlight and special treatment. This confused me for a while but a co-worker pointed out later that Disney is producing a Mega Man game and TV show coming out this year so it all made sense to me.
    So the short of it is that a lot of characters look bad because Disney had specific orders to make Marvel and Mega Man characters look way more appealing and get way more screen time than Capcom characters. I do want to add though a lot of this for me is hearsay, some stuff is not what I’ve been told but what I’ve heard others talking about. It may not be 100% accurate but I wanted to give a general idea, I’ve avoided talking about anything too specific because it might be wrong.
    Thanks for listening for a minute, I just really wanted to clear up some of the negativity surrounding this game, or more accurately give you guys some clarity on why things are how they are. Please don’t be too harsh on the art team, they doing what they can with what they’re working with, they’re just victims in the crossfire here. But by all means be unhappy with how some of the characters look, I agree that Dante, Ryu, and Chun Li look pretty bad, but direct your distaste at the right people.
    I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can, but do not ask me about gameplay, design decisions, or which characters will be in the game. I will tell you right now I was given nothing about any of those aspects and I'm pretty bad at fighting games so I can't tell you anything deep about the game.

LMAO, if this is true, is fucking glorious.

I don't want Bison anywhere NEAR this train wreck omg.

Although really, Thor and Thanos are both fugly. So it's not that big of a disparity.
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 897
    Look the moment crapcom released sf5 after usf4 in it's rushed state with less features than it's predecessor just so they could make their fiscal year rapport is when i lost all respect for them.

How dare you release a game in this state but charge 30 bucks per season pass that comes with maintenance up the ass that leads nowhere. Online matches that take forever to load or connect. No region lock at all.

Just a major step back from the sf4 infrastructure.

Now you present a game at e3 no less that makes the flagship characters of your franchise look like meth addicts but the marvel ones looked super polished.

I'm just going to vote with my wallet next year crapcom. Hope they go bankrupt.
  • C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    edited June 14
    NickRocks wrote: »
    when has a vs series game not been rushed? they just had better style about it before is all

Everything cacpcom this and past decade has been a rushed mess, but the fact that infinite with SO MANY reused assets + first DLC batch is going to have less characters than vanilla MVC3 without DLC and with everything made from scrath is embarrassing.

Doesn't help that the game looks like a mobile game and is busted crap.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,473
    I kinda feel bad for Capcom. MvCI looks amazingly shit and then the DBZ game comes and blows it out the water.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,098 mod
    edited June 14
    Basically. You just have to read a quick glance of the Xrd thread on SRK to see that there is similar complaining and whining about the mechanics and the tiers as there is for SFV.

If Guilty Gear was theoretically on top, it wouldn't be everyone kissing and hugging and loving how beautiful it is for anime to be on top. There are people where something as simple as Danger Time or the removal of FRC's can take them away from something as glorious as Guilty Gear.

If you have people leaving for less dumbfuckery in a smaller game and have people still sticking around for the full dumbfuckery in the BIG game, the world will only change so much.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,220
    Only thing BIG about Capcpom games is the massive fuckups they manage to pull off.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 318
    Chun Li turn White.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,890
    edited June 14
    NoChart wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't see this game doing well, despite the fact that it looks like a blast to play.
    I think because of the repetition of characters and not-quite-improved graphics, a lot of casual gamers are going to see it as too similar to MvC3 and they will probably decide to skip it. Specially if the new exciting characters are reserved for DLC; that'll scare away some people, who aren't quite into spending twice just to be able to play a character they're interested in.
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Pecking order Joined: Posts: 880
    To the guy that said nintendo seems to understand what customer want, I rebate you by using to words
    NES mini
    People were lining up to buy the damn thing and they stopped making it. Nintendo hates money.

Also Zoe Seldana is the hottest black woman on the planet.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,865
    Man, that @flicky dude or chick going hard. Must've came from the Smash crowd...
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 473
    Better improve those character models and HUD/UI in these few months cause it is totally hurting my heart and soul(For Chun Li that is).
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,057
    edited June 14
    Imagine if the characters were just 24 (less than 30)? with story mode, versus mode a (new)gimik mode and the upcoming characters would probably be just returning UMVC3 characters.

No xmen and F4...

The rest would be 3 DLC along with Venom, Panther and Sigma...

They just need to raise their standard and always think to be better than other possible FG not just by IP and social influence.

SNK from bankruptcy did everything from scratch while delivering bigger content and fix all there criticism in development period.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,057
    edited June 14
    Magegg wrote: »
    The worst of this game is that... it doesn't feel like an 'improvement' over MvC3.

Yeah it feels like just another variety not a more bigger and better game.
    Graphics are not great at all.

Honestly I'm not surprised with the visual aesthetic of individual models its like an intentional thing since SF4. It's either to make a memorable impression, to associate something or just became a trendy meme to spread into social media. Other thing around is for the gamers to gravitate to the DLC costumes that is ca$h.

I just missed the times when the art direction and design characters were treated as a branding and icon not just a character with the same name but different looking and also acting differently or the worst trying to be someone else to be associated and relate with. Iconic character visual should be always improving or stay the same not trying to be trendy, different or associate with other characters.

I know simplicity and minimalist design are trendy and also user friendly. I prefer those also but those are only suitable for unfamiliar, additional, exclusive and new UI elements because they need to be easily recognizable and memorize. Those UI that people are already accustomed into should be stylized UI like the previous MVC3, SF4 and the rest of FGs.

Capcom is known to have a sort of "Standard" and" Quality" in FG than other FG developers, So others should not market and justify this as a game of "brokenness" because that also contradict the known "quality gameplay" like gameplay is important and gameplay mechanics is better that many brags to be only exclusive to Capcom's brand of Marvel. I remember Jojo bizarre had been criticize for it's infinite and brokenness as if this people used it to justify the game to be poorly design while now they are praising every other Marvel brokenness as if it is the edge to every fighting game that seems bias and I don't believe that is solely what it makes Capcom's Marvel better among the rest. We all know being broken is not a Marvel exclusivity but also now gameplay mechanics is not their exclusivity either. What left with them is branding and characters that's why they should be not solely dependent on publicity, legacy and marketing alone while providing a low budget and poor time table of development period. They need to standout with the quality to be better from characters and content since brokenness is here to stay, graphics is not important like some brags and mechanics is now not exclusive. They should rethink their strategy standout by quality as a whole not by legacy and name alone because they are risking there brand name.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 609
    edited June 14
    From my experience, at an event like E3, companies usually show things that look much better than the final game. See: Dark Souls 2, anything Ubisoft etc. This is the first time I hear companies downgrade graphics because of performance issues. The game comes out in 3 months anyway. What we see now is what we will get.

OT: I think Capcom just doesn't give a crap about certain franchises anymore. MvC being one of them. Feels like a super rushed product, made with an insanely low budget and reusing a ton of assets. Game doesn't even have character artwork. Have you guys seen the character select screen? Just terrible. It's a low budget product, made to earn a quick buck via the Marvel name and DLC. That audience reaction to the E3 trailer was painful to watch.

The example in question is FFXV. I don't know if you remember the demo Episode Duscae from 2015, but basically that demo was intended to run at 30fps but dipped to as low as 14fps in chaotic moments, and that was with anti aliasing switched off at ranges farther than a certain draw distance. Basically the graphics were too good, there were lucious particle effects and hundreds of strands of grass that went on forever, but they wanted to put out a demo anyway and made these compromises to release a somewhat stable demo that was a good enough gameplay experience, even though the graphics beyond close up looked horrible.

One year later comes around FFXV and 50% of that detail is gone and is represented in textures instead, character models got downgraded, hair was gimped, they had to downgrade a lot of stuff to make the game run steady at 30fps because what they were building was too much for the PS4 to handle. In the trailers Nomura used to use PC based hardware to render the game at higher detail and fidelity to make the game look better than what the PS4 was actually capable of, and in the end what we got was a inferior product, even though it's still one of the best looking games on the market. You have to say at least Capcom are being honest.

In this case MvCi demo doesn't have any anti aliasing and you would have to assume that it's for similar reasons, that what they've currently got now doesn't perform well and they had to cut the filters in order to make it a smooth experience. But MvCi isn't a giant open world game, it's a fighting game, it doesn't need 12-18 months in order to fix it, the particle and beam effects need downgraded (look at Rocket Raccoon his fur looks like shit as well). If the game had anti aliasing on and ran at 30fps I'm sure most people wouldn't be as disappointed with the graphics as they are now, because honestly the game looks nice apart from the HUD, it's super vibrant with lots of rich colours and particle effects that radiate and look gorgeous, and the only thing people can focus on is Chun-Li's nose, or Chris' lip, or Dante's eye, when you've got all of this stunning eye candy glowing everywhere.

If they're gonna have the game running with anti aliasing then it's probably going to be a similar scenario becaue if they could have had it switched on, they would have it switched on. To see for your self, go into options, select HUD adjust and hold triangle, you can see a still of the game and get a good look at the graphics your self.

Honestly the shape of Chun-Li's nose, Dante's glazed eyes, that's not representing the whole package and to say that the graphics suck when 95% of the graphics actually look nice, is a massive overstatement. Don't get me wrong I'm not a SFV apologist, I've never even touched the game it's such a train wreck, but I kind of have sympathy on this one. I don't think the entire game looks bad, I don't think it isn't fixable, and by the sound of things it was Disney doing all the dirty work not Capcom.

Personally I think SFV looks shite, I like colours so the aesthetics of MvCi appeal to me. I do see flaws, but it's not one of these "graphics suck game sucks" moments that everyone seems to be having these days. Fighting games depend on performance, they need to be steady for competitive play so it's Capcom's utmost priority. They had two choices, put a game on the floor that looks good but plays like shit, or put a game on the floor that looks like shit but plays good. As a duty to their fans they did the right things, provided a gameplay experience.

If this game looks like it does now on release, honestly, on stream I'll eat my own shit.
    edited June 14
    If the case is not about to sell off or to make the design trendy in a way either from social media or being like something else. It's like the guys that made those 3D facial aesthetics didn't love or satisfied with the visual of the characters in previous games that made them messed-up. Unlike those that are making DBZF game it's like they enjoy doing it that it even looks better and that it standout from it's anime scenes. They have been better not by making it look different o change rather than staying faithful to the branding and design while improving in animation and detail without adjusting, altering and adding stuff in the individual character design by their preference or the preference of others.

Art direction and style guide is an important part that should be always preserve and shouldn't be risk for the sake of prioritizing other means or personal style.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 512
    Basically Capcom stopped giving a shit about their fighting games in general, simply put.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,789
    If @flicky's latest post was his original post, I'd have given him more benefit of the doubt early on, despite my beliefs of Capcom phoning it in and that this game could be a disaster.

I HOPE I'm wrong. But right now, ArcSys is leading the pack, so Capcom needs to have something up their sleeve to make this game stand up.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,098 mod
    If @flicky's latest post was his original post, I'd have given him more benefit of the doubt early on, despite my beliefs of Capcom phoning it in and that this game could be a disaster.

I HOPE I'm wrong. But right now, ArcSys is leading the pack, so Capcom needs to have something up their sleeve to make this game stand up.

Marvel is always a disaster. If it's a disaster then everything falls into place. The surprise will be in things going right, not wrong.

The same thing will happen that happened before with MVC3. A bunch of better games come out that people should play, but they won't play them and Capcom still stays the big focus in tournaments. DBZ will most likely be the first ArcSys game that competes on MKX/Injustice likes levels with Capcom in the FGC, but that's about where it will go. It's just Dark Ages Part 2 where there's more stuff competing with Capcom but they can't shake them.

3rd Strike was a bad, random game that Evo staff hated, but you couldn't beat it for tourney entrants.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

At this point what do you think has the more chances of happening:
    Marvel vs DC?
    or Capcom vs SNK 3?
    I'd say none XDD
    edited June 14
    Marvel vs DC?
    or Capcom vs SNK 3?
    I'd say none XDD
    SFxTekken 2 Nah...
    Shonen Jump X Arcys

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,607
    edited June 14

While it's a fun theory I really doubt it's true. Making half the roster ugly to make the Marvel characters stand out is a fucking horrible idea because you just end up with your prestige IP's associated with an overall bumfuck looking game. Disney is not that stupid, they've built their empire on understanding the importance of presentation.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • SuicidalGrandpaSuicidalGrandpa Undeniably Free in 3S Joined: Posts: 3,453

Goddamn. Nothing we've seen so far even contradicts this, really.
    PSN: SGsrk
    SFV ID: BOOTYSWEAT69
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,012
    mowr wrote: »

While it's a fun theory I really doubt it's true. Making half the roster ugly to make the Marvel characters stand out is a fucking horrible idea because you just end up with your prestige IP's associated with an overall bumfuck looking game. Disney is not that stupid, they've built their empire on understanding the importance of presentation.

I know that is 99% likely to be false, but it will be so funny if it were true tbh.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Marvel vs DC?
    or Capcom vs SNK 3?
    I'd say none XDD
    SFxTekken 2 Nah...
    Shonen Jump X Arcys

In fact... I remember Harada said once he wanted to do a mega fighting game crossover with characters from SNK, Capcom, as well as the guys from Mortal Kombat, Tecmo, ASW, among others.

Nowadays, he's my only chance of seeing a "Capcom vs SNK 3" of sorts, I mean, I hope the game could arrange something like this: