What's going on at Capcom?

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,806 mod
    gaagaa wrote: »
    DiasFox wrote: »
    I'm just gonna think that either they will improve the visuals for the characters etc in these few month before release or pull a KoF14 style of improving them after release. (Am I giving too much hope on Capcom?)

Sorry what? ...Watch KOF fans get triggered by this post.

It agitates me to know KOF fans are willing to accept anything that SNKp throws their way even if it's only crumbs. And It makes me feel apathetic when I see people, for the sake of their games, going ballistic calling out companies for the stupid crap they produce while KOF fans just sit there submissively waiting for anything.
    I haven't seen anyone call out SNKp for the 2 decades worth of horror gaming it made us go through. But since it's not Capcom nobody cares right?

Everything said here on this thread applies 100% for KOFXIV. I initially though of doing a review of XIV but decided I'd give it a chance. Now I'm definitely doing it.

Despite Sony pouring money into SNKp, XIV is at the level of a low budget game. It's a rushed game, like 4 devs only for graphics. Everything they do reveals their inability of decision making.
    Plastic hair, emotionless dull faces (how come when they're anime-like?), wack character models with no apparent cloth simulation (in fact only a few characters have this but not to every part of their attire?!), RAGDOLL PHYSICS for character animations
    PkweuAz.gif
    Just bad graphics in general. What's the point of going 3D if you con't reap the benefits of 3D modeling and animation???

How lazy can you be to not do a horizontal flip?
    Demo build:
    XwTQoaH.jpg
    Build 2.01 and it's past June 2017:
    WeNkGXt.png

Announcer speaks English, characters talk Japanese, and messages/text could be in a third language (e.g. Chinese). Wow! GG.

Same mistakes as SF5 in terms of simplified gameplay and favoring one aspect over the other.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSgA_nK_w3A&lc=z13gyvgwipfdhtpuf231eheogortxtym0.1496210032132353
    1ZhdasB.png

Weakest UI I've ever seen on any game, not intriguing at all. Wack plot; just another Orochi saga recycle (Iori's DM not in line with plot and if you don't know what I'm talking about don't call yourself a fan). Wack mechanics with tons of bugs an hiccups (even more bugs than KOF97). Wack balance. Wack events & tournaments
    This is just tip of the iceberg.

They went from leading player making state of the art, best in the business games to "Made in China" games targeting casual players.

Just because actual KOF players have proved you wrong, especially when it comes to the gameplay, doesn't mean you get to bring your stuff to other threads.
    Being 100% serious, it doesnt even look fun to play. Yeah sure, advancing guard deflects projectiles to stop cheese.
    No assists, what kind of VS game doesnt have that?
    Roster, aside from no X-men and Disney movie promotions still wtf! Infinity gems but no Power Stone rep and Spencer the game. (Thanks ComboFiend) Shit man, I see so many tards going "lol X in daa game. xDDDddDD Buying et." Even old characters like Strider; How can you be hype about him without the classic shell Strider/ Doom?
    Movesets, Removing moves from UMvC3 and Idk what retard thought it was a good idea to remove Dante's devil trigger but its a retarded decision.
    No wonder Capcom gets away with selling garbage cause there always is going to be a retard that will pay for it and love it too.

Whens Dragonball?
    What if I told you, that the new system allows you to use every move of your character as an assist.

Also, "removing moves" isn't a valid argument, not when impressions from E3 and CEO show that characters have actually gained moves.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    Korbidon wrote: »
    90s were 20 years ago dude. They ain't coming back.

It depends on what you were asking.. and we usually did in many stuff especially artstyle that's why we keep on seeing nostalgic costumes and rehash of WW-ST usually.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 364
    Tebbo wrote: »
    a mobile game?
    hyperbole is fun but cmon

the characters, isolated, look janky as fuck.
    the fx are awesome though.

to me it looks way better than mvc3 at least.
    but i don't play mvc because it's stupid as hell.

Aye man whats your address please?
    hitman-agent-47-gif-.gif

PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • gaagaagaagaa Joined: Posts: 50
    In denial?! At least Capcom fans are man enough to admit their company failed multiple times. I got to give it up for Xiaohai for stepping up. Like Fchamp, he said in an interview (you can look it up) XIV sucks.
    Unless someone comes with hard facts, everything said for MvCI applies to KOFXIV. My previous points still valid and no one here has debunked or proved me wrong on anything. Just looking for excuses.
    Xhominid wrote: »
    Except KOFXIV was made by SNK after they have come from the brink of bankruptcy and had no choice but to leave the gaming industry for all of those years because surprise, surprise those sprites they made for KOFXII and XIII was so ridiculously costly it messed them up something fierce.
    Don’t get it twisted, SNK is a half century old company ruined by their own marketing mishandling… twice. They’re just like any other company so why the special treatment? They sold out to a major Chinese company now so I suppose they’re good.
    …in comparison with Capcom who still allowed all of this to happen despite having the money to make them better.
    Wrong! Capcom is going through serious issues too. They are as desperate for money as SNK was. In 2013 Capcom had only $152M left https://www.google.com/search?q=capcom+152+million+usd. They have 41,122 million yen in debt (March 2017) http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/result/2016/full/result_2016_full_01.pdf and It has been growing since 2015 (27,982 million yen http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/result/2014/2nd/result_2014_2nd_01.pdf) while their net income keeps falling.
    For every title that does well, they have two failing titles. They are clearly struggling and it explains why they desperately force DLC content on their consumers. They’re pretty much in the same hole and there is no way you could say they’re okay. If they weren’t, then why would they be dependent on Sony or Microsoft just to fund the development of new titles?
    I don’t play their games and I genuinely don’t care about where they end up being in the market. I’m not here to defend corporate greed but I had to address this cause people like to make comparisons while the post I made only expresses my distress at the KOF scene and lists some similar issues I found annoying about KOFXIV.

Companies like Sony, Microsoft, Activision, EA, and Capcom all have learned some way or another to listen to their fans because everyone, except SNK fans, stand up against anti-consumer acts and scams.
    You might as well see them as an indie company at this rate and thus there's no point in attacking them at all in this way
    OMD looks like you don’t know anything about SNK’s current state.

I refuse to accept bankruptcy as an excuse. Fans have pounced on fragile SNK during the days of KOF2003, SVC, KOF94rebout, and KOFXII, so why not for KOFXIV when the company now is in a much better position than it was 7 or 9 years ago? Don’t act like you forgot when you complained day and night about Kyo until they gave you classic Kyo.
    If they're going to change their corporate name back to SNK and have the slogan “The future is now" to signify their return, then I expect no excuses. And like said before:
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Don't get mad because people want true value from something they have to buy.
    It's more than a decade past their bankruptcy and it's not like they had disappeared from the market or something. They were still coming up with "so so" titles.

Around the year 2003 SNK Playmore, founded by Kawasaki himself, had all of SNK's intellectual rights before acquiring BrezzaSoft, Noise Factory, Sun Amusement, and ADK. The new company went gathering many of its former SNK developers and by the end of 2003 the company pretty much resembled the original SNK. In 2004 SNK Playmore sued a company for copyright infringement and received 5.64 billion yen, that’s a lot of money if you ask me. In the following few years SNK Playmore placed its attention on new markets (pachinko and mobile) all the while maintaining good presence in arcades with Atomiswave and Taito's Type X platforms. It also released a number of consumer games worldwide such as a surprising adult game for Nintendo DS (the 1st for any handheld console btw). And by the year 2010 KOFXIII came along wowing everyone with its pixel art and either winning Game of the Year or getting nominated for it.

Now check this out “Multi-billion dollar Chinese company primarily specialized in chicken farming buys majority stake in Japanese game developer SNK Playmore”:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNK#Acquisition
    Acquisition:
    In March 2015, Leyou Technologies Holdings submitted a disclosure of interest document to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, highlighting a "possible investment in a renowned Japanese video game developer." Later in August, it was announced that Chinese web and mobile games giant 37Games, along with an asset management firm, Orient Securities, had formed a joint venture to invest in Ledo Millennium, a subsidiary of Leyou Technologies. Through Ledo, the venture acquired Kawasaki's 81.25% stake in SNK Playmore for $63.5 million. The reason given for the acquisition was to gain rights to SNK Playmore's IP, and further develop them by following Marvel's approach to mass media, with games, comics, film and television.

XH4Aoul.png
    Normally after each arc it’s a Dream Match but seeing how Chinese fans kept complaining about Psycho Soldiers not being Chinese enough, SNK had no choice but to comply with its new owner.
    XH4Aoul.png
    If SNK not having money was the case, then why would they invest on writing a plot? Wouldn’t it be more suitable to follow tradition and just make a Dream Match? with which they’d be able to put any characters they want without limiting themselves to design/time constraints or being canon, all the while maximizing their profits via popular character DLC?

SNK is clearly not lacking money, it's lacking thought and vision. In brief, they don’t know what direction they’re going
    DB8rmNkXkAA9I8R.jpg

Their marketing plan was PREDICTABO too. Most fighting games won’t make sales in Japan without an arcade version (every KOF game before XIV was released on arcade first). It was inevitable for SNK to come up with a KOFXIV port for Type X3, which is a system based on PC hardware architecture. People not aware of this ended up being “victims”
    C_54RvaXUAEWGL8.jpg
    The thing is there is a huge difference between the issue of KOFXIV models in the development period it's not about the "facial aesthetics" right? while in MVCi it's like they are really aiming to alter the face to look like that.
    People here are considerate enough for this kind of usual results and so as I am also. (Not talking about polygons and hair but facial features)
    The problem is why some facial aesthetics ends up like this (Not talking about polygons and hair but facial features) It's like they are trying to alter or radical change the facial features?
    If this is intentional. it's like they just want people to gravitate to DLC costume or be the talked in social media by spreading it like memes for advertising.
    What do you call the case of Kyo then? From an asshole delinquent to slightly mature asshole to J-POP idol?!!!
    50oWgGd.png
    hSWvqO2.jpg
    Not talking about polygons and hair but facial features? Gravitate to DLC costume? What do you call this then?
    3115509-0698708437-digit.jpg
    Kyo, Daimon, Andy, Athena, Chang, Kim, Maxima, King, Kensou, Robert all of them were ruined
    http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-art-style-and-graphics-discussion.5842/page-51
    kof-goro.png?fit=750%2C400&resize=750%2C400
    the-king-of-fighters-xiv-ver-1-10-random-graphical-upgrade-showcase.png
    maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    KOF-xiv-yamazaki-dlc-character-agamerlife-01.jpg
    And before you would say it, I brought pictures from recent builds
    7yvq4v091j3z.jpg
    And the cased of SNK is can be tolerated , acceptable and understandable after just reforming there company from another bankruptcy then recently develop a game 100% from scratch.
    What makes you think they made the game from scratch? Most of the battle system and mechanics can be ported to suit 2.5D environment. All their focus went to graphics and they've been talking about it like it's their sole selling point.
    If this trend of loosely designing keeps on being like that. This mistake seems to have no direct problems for now but it will does gradually alter the future design to be more butchered visually because of continuous contradicting and inconsistent design to each other because of different influences and preference. People would change how they see the character.
    You speak about design yet you only made excuses for the non up to standards graphics.
    What about animation issues? What about character design? What about UI? What about plot? What about mechanics? What about bugs? What about hiccups? What about input lag?

Graphics is not the only department where XIV is failing, I could care less if the game was balanced but everything is implemented badly. There’s no attention to details what so ever.

Here’s a nice dev story:
    During the Orochi saga they reflected the purple flames’ superiority through move sets. Iori’s dp had good invincibility and can hit up to 3 hits. Ironically even Chris' fireball is superior when used with unblockable setups. On the other hand EX Kyo’s dp lacked in invincibility and could only deal 2 hits. To compensate, the plot suggested Kyo learned Kenpo and used it in all of his techniques. Result: Kyo has autoguard in his dp along with most of his flame/punching tech. Nothing in XIV indicates purple flames having more power than crimson flames. They all deal the same damage and work the same way.

Take this ridiculous example; to this day it’s still not fixed (and I thought I was lazy).

d3v wrote: »
    Just because actual KOF players have proved you wrong, especially when it comes to the gameplay, doesn't mean you get to bring your stuff to other threads.
    I’m sorry where did they prove me wrong??? And what actual players? I don't know where you're going with that, I’m an actual player myself.

Furthermore, I think I have the right to post here because I’m still being relevant to MvCI and Capcom. If mod thinks otherwise, I kindly ask for my two posts to be moved into a suitable category like “general discussion” but not “King of fighters”; it’s dead there.
  • NiitrisNiitris Joined: Posts: 217
    edited June 18
    Unless someone comes with hard facts, everything said for MvCI applies to KOFXIV.

Please link where SNK announced DLC chars for XIV before launch. I must've missed that part, but I'm sure you remember.

All that screeching your doing is nice and all, but everyone knows made in China SNK isn't as good as the 90s version of them. None of that is a legit argument for why Capcom doesn't have their shit together.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    edited June 18
    The thing is there is a huge difference between the issue of KOFXIV models in the development period it's not about the "facial aesthetics" right? while in MVCi it's like they are really aiming to alter the face to look like that.

What do you call the case of Kyo then? From an asshole delinquent to slightly mature asshole to J-POP idol?!!!
    50oWgGd.png

Those were different topics and not about Snk why are your mixing it? Okay by the way I'll just answer in right way.

Taken from other argument your combining different comments
    If this is intentional. it's like they just want people to gravitate to DLC costume or be the talked in social media by spreading it like memes for advertising.
    People here are considerate enough for this kind of usual results and so as I am also. (Not talking about polygons and hair but facial features)
    The problem is why some facial aesthetics ends up like this (Not talking about polygons and hair but facial features) It's like they are trying to alter or radical change the facial features?

Doesn't prove anything and discredit my opinion. Do you the lore behind that KOF99 Kyo is that about DLC or facial features? It had a decent lore not a made up story as an excuse because you got the other Kyos in game not as a DLC with very similar facial features. Another thing what facial aesthetics is different from KOF99 Kyo from the rest of the previous games and also the other two in game Kyos? KOF 99 has no DLC you got also the original variant not just one but two based on the previous games Kyo1 and Kyo2 as a secret character not as DLC

SF2-SF4-SF5-SF3 thats the game timeline so the characters should look younger than there SF3 counterparts. So the design should compromised with SF3 counterparts.

Another thing SF characters had different personality than Kyo especially Ryu from the way they dress and age. Kyo wearing different jacket or having a sense of fashion seems tolerable as like Hot Ryu is.
    hSWvqO2.jpg

While this Kyo still have the same facial aesthetics and feature like his pixelated counterpart but with a slightly change of hairstyle seems okay and normal for a human being and also simply appropriate to his age. The new jacket that is probably his fashion sense and lifestyle.

Changing facial feature radically is weird in SFV that it will destroy the brand gradually

Nah dude you taken a lot out of the context that isn't about SNK argument it was about Capcom's product someday elses failure doesn't give another company another entitlement to fail or permit to have low productivity. We know SNK failed a lot of times numerous and we don't want Capcom to be the same. Capcom standards isn't about that the thing is this is just about FACIAL FEATURES. This is a simple thing that capcom usually does all this need is to organize stuff.

Taken out of the context it has nothing to do with KOF 99 Kyo since it was the same facial structure of Kyo and it compromised with the story also it was to differentiate him from KYO-1 and KYO2 which is the same Kyo so nothing had change there different issue.
    Not talking about polygons and hair but facial features? Gravitate to DLC costume? What do you call this then?
    3115509-0698708437-digit.jpg

It's still the same facial features of Kyo same as the default and by his pixelated verion. By the way the Nightmare Geese is cool other than his aura it was also an innovation for being an alternate DLC costume because it had it's own unique sound files than the usual with Capcom.
    Kyo, Daimon, Andy, Athena, Chang, Kim, Maxima, King, Kensou, Robert all of them were ruined
    http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-art-style-and-graphics-discussion.5842/page-51
    kof-goro.png?fit=750%2C400&resize=750%2C400
    the-king-of-fighters-xiv-ver-1-10-random-graphical-upgrade-showcase.png
    maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    KOF-xiv-yamazaki-dlc-character-agamerlife-01.jpg
    And before you would say it, I brought pictures from recent builds
    7yvq4v091j3z.jpg

Kensou and Athena same case with Kyo. Andy, Chang, Kim Maxima and etc still look like there pixel counter part in terms of Facial Features.
    And the cased of SNK is can be tolerated , acceptable and understandable after just reforming there company from another bankruptcy then recently develop a game 100% from scratch.
    What makes you think they made the game from scratch? Most of the battle system and mechanics can be ported to suit 2.5D environment. All their focus went to graphics and they've been talking about it like it's their sole selling point.

To be fair with SNK brand they had been innovated and creative in the 90's for having a FG titles to experiment a lot of different game mechanics that capcom never did dare compete with like pseudo 3d, dodge, tag and they even pioneered 3v3. The thing is many of those mechanics isn't appealing and among the KOF titles the best was KOF98 and KOF02 so no wonder the comeback of SNK didn't weant two bizarre game team mechanics and go back to what people wanted it more. It's like Capcom 2-round system that is still used in the current SF builds.
    If this trend of loosely designing keeps on being like that. This mistake seems to have no direct problems for now but it will does gradually alter the future design to be more butchered visually because of continuous contradicting and inconsistent design to each other because of different influences and preference. People would change how they see the character.
    You speak about design yet you only made excuses for the non up to standards graphics.
    What about animation issues? What about character design? What about UI? What about plot? What about mechanics? What about bugs? What about hiccups? What about input lag?

Graphics is not the only department where XIV is failing, I could care less if the game was balanced but everything is implemented badly. There’s no attention to details what so ever.

So because SNK had those issues Capcom should had also?

Capcom shouldn't go down and level his capabilities because this ain't 90's that it's about MK and Sf or SF and KOF competition and technology is different nowadays. What ever makes SNK less doesn't give Capcom an entitlement and privileged to lower it's standards because of the direct competition and quality I'm talking about facial features here specifically. This isn't Capcom vs SNK thing like it was before.
    Here’s a nice dev story:
    During the Orochi saga they reflected the purple flames’ superiority through move sets. Iori’s dp had good invincibility and can hit up to 3 hits. Ironically even Chris' fireball is superior when used with unblockable setups. On the other hand EX Kyo’s dp lacked in invincibility and could only deal 2 hits. To compensate, the plot suggested Kyo learned Kenpo and used it in all of his techniques. Result: Kyo has autoguard in his dp along with most of his flame/punching tech. Nothing in XIV indicates purple flames having more power than crimson flames. They all deal the same damage and work the same way.

Take this ridiculous example; to this day it’s still not fixed (and I thought I was lazy).

Wait what the? lore as a strength advantage? this ain't RPG and actually it doesn't matter.. Ryu's Focus attack supposed something special. Lore as a strength thing is never bothered in SF to be an in game advantage especially in MVC games. Ryu's own version of SRK had poor priorities had been since SSF4 .

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    The thing is everyone keeps on comparing other FGs failure and miss for Capcom to be accepted and tolerated in their recent works and to downplay people expectation of productivity while some keep on comparing Capcom's FG to other non-FG based games success.

I used to remember when people are talking that it's just about marketing thing that can cover SFV. The recent comments and reaction justified my point from what I have said earlier before DBFZ spoiler. The DBFZ spoiler did a major change in the hype and surface of the community.
    That's why SFV is more likely to be compared to the likes of Injustice, Tekken, KOF, GGx, previous SF and etc FGs, because those title had the same genre that had most common consumers and it is inevitable to compare even with more persuasive videos, reviews and opinions.

You think marketing tricks/tactics can make people accept a sudden dramatic change to a traditional content that can also avoid people from comparing an FG from another FG or to a previous FG? That was already been done clearly by SFxT from promotion, trailer, blogs and videos stuff.

Capcom ain't the trend setter nowadays by modes and content so it won't worked because others won't follow. They just learn from Capcom's mistake on and on to out perform it or avoid it.

It is undeniable even how we belittle the issue, if you observe everything from comments, reviews, forums(nonFGC) and feed backs they ain't buying those persuasive stuff anymore after SFxTekken. SFV just made people to be more vigilant and sensitive more and more, that is another factor why Capcom had to emphasize it in the development of MVCi.
    People will compare FGs to FGs and SFs to SF because that is the most relevant. That's why loss aversion take place in there and that affects marketing stuff too in a specific matter.

The thing is it's always about FGs to FGs that is the inevitable comparison. Marketing can beat smaller companies with also smaller IP but their a huge difference when it's big players that offers quality. Marketing techniques and tricks is just a secondary strategy in this situation.
    The thing is the people that are not active in FGC had an "ideal content" in their mind set, Social proof only works within those that are influence by the community or in a monopoly market, Capcom nowadays isn't the standard we got Tekken that is mainstream in SF absence and it's another popular household name of this generation to compare with along with the nostalgic returning titles KOF and Guity Gear.
    The loss of the arcade mode create a an effect of "Loss Aversion" towards numerous nostalgic and casual gamers, because they still see it available to other previous SF iteration and other current returning and modern titles of today. SFV isn't a worst game of it's history, SFV's gameplay was an okay, the gameplay mechanics and initial distribution of returning characters was better than SF4 and SF3. SFV was just poorly prioritize in some aspect. IMHO

The DLC scheme of SFxTekken gives a bad impression to Capcom and add up the loss aversion that SFV cause then now they had to deal with a direct competition with bigger and more influential IP. I wonder how they would bring back the same impression and regain the trust they have during SF4, TVC and MVC3 dev period.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,030
    Animated cartoons in the 90s especially those long running shows were more memorable in those era than their comic book counterpart

Good for them, but we're not in that era so I don't see the relevance. This just sounds like nostalgia talking.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,627
    edited June 18
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Don't get mad because people want true value from something they have to buy.
    wall of shit

And what does all that shit that you posted have to do with my post?
    I wasn't talking to you, and my reply had nothing to do with kof.
    Leave me out of your nonsense please. :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    What you said was true so I though of quoting you. Maybe I wasn't clear about that
  • C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    Why did the cacpcom shills felt the need to bring other games to this thread? LMAOOOOOOO
    @Sonicabid but you're at page 5
    Why did the cacpcom shills felt the need to bring other games to this thread? LMAOOOOOOO

Yeah this shillers instead compare to the missed of other games with the same games to justify Capcom's downsize productivity. If Capcom wants success they should surpass other games with the same genre rather than comparing to every other companies failure and using it as a privelge and entitlement to downsize their productivity.

Capcom won't be better FG by comparing and leveling to other FG dev missed instead they are just making a FG with subpar quality rather than besting and surpassing the rest. Capcom should wake up and need they should strive for success in quality not by marketing gimmick or by game politics and shillers.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • EmerganceEmergance Joined: Posts: 37
    edited June 19
    I got to give it up for Xiaohai for stepping up. Like Fchamp, he said in an interview (you can look it up) XIV sucks

Looked it up but I can only find one which was over a year ago. Before the console version even came out.
    Post edited by Emergance on
    @The_Shakunetsu …Shill? Troll harder.
    It is so easy to accuse people. In fact it’s more effective than actually refuting.
    My other linked accounts have nothing but KOF (ST just a little). I always praise KOF98 whenever I get the chance. I even called Capcom “corporate greed“. So why the quick judge? It’s okay though, the vast majority is like this. I’m just the ugly black duckling here.

Again, overlooking a lot of points. I explicitly said if XIV had good overall design then I wouldn’t mind some mistakes here and there. Just how many times are you going to repeat "facial feature"?
    While I'm trying to show you the big picture you insist on looking at it on a microscopic level. What you like/dislike is not universal and is very very subjective. Therefore I'm not going to waste any more time talking about totally off subject comparisons and whatnot.

Anyway Capcom doesn’t need no “gimmicks”, they will sell regardless.
    nnKsBPa.png
    Every game has had its surge in popularity and hype, and the upcoming MvCI and DBFZ will be no different. Give the big players in fighting games (SF, TK, MvC, KI, GG or in this case DBFZ) a year or so and eventually everything will even out like it always did.
    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 12-m&q=/m/012dvc8l,/g/11b8_qs4pr,/m/0dlkf1v,Marvel vs Capcom Infinite,Dragon Ball FighterZ#TIMESERIES
    uPjVodw.png
    ZKtKwiK.png
    Someone’s left in the dust.
    Niitris wrote: »
    All that screeching your doing is nice and all, but everyone knows made in China SNK isn't as good as the 90s version of them.
    What's your point? Any Capcom fan boy would make the exact same fallacy: “Bla bla bla but everyone knows Capcom2017 isn't as good as the 90s version of them so give them a break.”
    None of that is a legit argument for why Capcom doesn't have their shit together.
    I’m not defending anyone, but rather making a correlation between Capcom’s methodology of conducting affairs and SNK's
    Please link where SNK announced DLC chars for XIV before launch. I must've missed that part, but I'm sure you remember.
    Classic Kyo & Geese DLC announced like 4 months before launch https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/25/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-to-debut-august-23-on-ps4/

For the last time my major issue is:
    - SNK makes mistakes big times = fans keep sucking to it.
    - Capcom makes mistakes even slightly = fans jump on their throat.
    If SNK had been receiving the same treatment from its fans, WE’d have been making progress long time ago.
    I’ve read here on SRK people complaining about Steam edition and claiming refunds.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11335868/#Comment_11335868

Bye.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,217
    Wtf is going on with these analysis papers in this thread?
    Also isn't there enough ugly in MvC:I already? Do we have to look at that butt-ugly dumpster fire called KOF14 as well here?
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • NiitrisNiitris Joined: Posts: 217
    When did 2 DLC costumes become the same as 6 characters lmfao? For all that knowledge on SNK shit, maybe you should put some effort on reading comprehension. And I'm still waiting on how their roster trimming is the same, I'm just baffled as to why you didn't address that.

Cool, and then you said that "everything said here on this thread applies 100% for KOFXIV," which is factually wrong. You talk about holding modern SNK to higher standards, cool, they should be. I'm gonna hold you to the higher standard of getting all your facts straight. Anyone who has basic logic knows why XIV isn't getting torn to shreds the way MvCI is. The one similarity they did share, both were ripped equally and deservingly.
    edited June 19
    @The_Shakunetsu …Shill? Troll harder.

"diversion and confusion"

Fact that's the first time I used the word shill in this forum and a lot already already has been using that in this thread. Another thing it wasn't about you and to begin with my issue here is facial aesthetics which was the issue of many across the net.

Your the only TROLL here dragging and diverting people to focus with your KOFXIV and SNK issues in MVC thread.

What are you trying to prove here Capcom's entitlement to level with SNK's fails? but not with SNK's advantage in production.

The case here is for Capcom to improved there standards and quality at least UMVC3 standard of retail package from mode. My comments here is focus mainly with facial aesthetics which I believe can be solve easier but Capcom didn't bother to organize and SNK had no same issue with the facial structure of main characters their graphical problem was in a different area.

After SNK issue now what graph of google analytic? So what does that mean now your using graph to belittle the DBFZ hype?

Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge The Age of Murder and Storm Joined: Posts: 16,184
    If SNK had been receiving the same treatment from its fans, WE’d have been making progress long time ago.
    I’ve read here on SRK people complaining about Steam edition and claiming refunds.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11335868/#Comment_11335868

Bye.
    What? People have been complaining since SFIV. Everything for 1f links, Ultras, oki, FADC. And SFV has been getting shit since DAY ONE. Lack of modes, characters losing cool shit from betas. Not knowing what DLC characters are coming. The lack of an arcade mode. Survival mode being ass. Even down to how many costumes people get. You think because SFV has a board and SFV is at Evo, people all over like it? People have been giving Capcom shit for a long time. What you're seeing is that people are still dedicated to their series i.e. MvC.

SNK is a different beast. Thing is SNK is only pumping out KOF and re-releasing everything else. And honestly despite flaws, you do get a better product than SFV. Everyone, including me, gawked at the graphics KoF XIV had. I still don't like how it looks. You only have KoF XIV. You don't have another Samurai Showdown, Real Bout etc to select from. You got ONE game. And even with balance issues, people will play it.

Anyway, the final point is: You will see people tolerating crap because of dedication to the series. It simply takes a while for everyone to reach a breaking point.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,801
    Probably reallocating most of their resources into their bigger games like Monster Hunter or Resident Evil

I played RE7 and was fucking astonished how good the game was
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,682
    indeed.
    capcom has many IPs for being not really a huge mega-dev.

considering monster hunter world looks like the current gen equivalent of tri (new back end, sort of a reboot, etc.), that's not an inexpensive endeavor.
    Play more.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,271
    edited June 19
    i learned that apparently pakistan is into tekken??

Apparently they're really good at it as well.
    Also, like 1/3 of my local Tekken-community is Pakistani and they beat my ass, so... yeah.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,758
    Naeras wrote: »

Also, like 1/3 of my local Tekken-community is Pakistani and they beat my ass, so... yeah.

Middle East has a solid Tekken scene, so I'm guessing South Asian would have some spillover, which wouldn't surprise me.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Every new game release after SSF4 and UMVC3 had something wrong with it. Starting from SFxT. It was promising good initial presentation and I don't even worried about the DLC it had because it had a decent size of initial roster and mode for that time but the gems killed it because marketing scheme of freemium build that gave player wall to each other even it's mobile version had a lot of microtransactions.

The only thing that Capcom had screw up was vanila SF4's facials that look 10 years older than there SF3 counterparts. That 3d models was even why neca figures were meh looking from Ryu, but at least they are they fix this minor stuff on SSF4 then every other version of SF4 was updated even SSF4 CR edition pachinko games adopted the better facials. That is also seen from numerous SF4 figures that followed Neca.

I think there is something of a trend of SF characters really looking battered and fugly in Japan recent gashapons were in that state. The thing is with the game itself they should compromised with japanese looks and near SF2 and younger than SF3 illustration. This is not something hard to do if they had guidelines regarding visual aethetics of the main iconic cast. Were not talking about the like of birdie here that has very niche people would concern. People will definitely react because this characters were the face of street fighter. If a 3d model is outsourced or handed to other people they should have oriented the limitation of there creative freedom because without those it would end up a different person.

Okay even in publishing industry like magazines people are given limitation not to overly make a model so beautiful that it would make them barely unrecognizable.

Then there's SFv which is atleast okay but still looking older than SF3 but younger from body physique and facial aethetic than SF4. But the problem is the poor retail product. It had a decent and fair diverse cast than SF4. Yet it backfired them again they need to build trust in their products like the usual they were.

I have gameplay preferences but this isnt the issue here. I like SF4 combo system than SF5's target combos but I like SFv V-System than SF4's Ultra and focus. I like SF4 retain package of content by modes but to be fair with SF5 their recent DLC stages and alternate costumes were quality to be purchased than the first season. Why I have no issues with the number of characters in SFV? Because they are obviously new engine and totally new animation and model from body physique and facial aesthtics than SF4. New animation not just a slightly altered pose with updated detail in a different camera angle and this is the obvious cased of MVCi which I see to be okay.

The problem is I don't know if MVCi is trying to give people an impression that they are newly models from scratch which is ridiculous in this day and age when many are techno savy. Or they intentionally messed the faced for marvel? Social media talks like meme or etc weird reason... Chun li face isn't hard to define it doesn't had weird proportions like Oro and Hugo? Or the artist is trying to redefine Chun personality to look like somebody else? Okay she looks like kristen kruek and the woman is beautiful the problem is the mindset of the people that is about familiarity that why it would trigger people to judge in a different way since Chun li is oneof the faces of street fighter. Another thing is if an artist had no limitation of facial aethetics every artist that handed the model would makea different variant of their own that would lead from conflicted designs because of gradually alienating the impression of the character thats why we see numerous reboots in comic book in order to reclaim the successful and familiar formula that people were attached into. This is not just comic book but movies as well. Sf should have organize a strong branding already since they are more than an ordinary FG they pop culture legend of the video game industry along with mario and sonic.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Red Rock CandyRed Rock Candy Totally Outrageous Joined: Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Don't you dare even jokingly suggest that I would spend a single peso on anything Capcpom.

I'm thoroughly insulted and disgusted by that notion.

At least this way nobody will see you play this game like a shitbird retard.
    24/7 Ke$ha.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,473
    Don't you dare even jokingly suggest that I would spend a single peso on anything Capcpom.

I'm thoroughly insulted and disgusted by that notion.

At least this way nobody will see you play this game like a shitbird retard.

I'd probably still kick your ass at it while flailing away like a retard, because if your FG skills are as weak as your "comedy", you are already dead.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,801
    Naeras wrote: »

add India to that as well , lel
    Snk had Metal Slug.. NRS had Injustice and MK while both suffered bankruptcy.

Bandai is the biggest IP and player among FG dev next is Capcom. So if Capcom want to be the best he should level and compare not with small and average players.

NRS was doing least of their average, Snk is doing their average and Capcom had lower their standards.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't remember seeing "KOF Lore" in the thread title

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,758
    I'll argue that Injustice 2 is now getting the ELEAGUE treatment as well, so it's not just Capcom that gets it. But Injustice 2 actually is more interesting overall than SFV, although some people may argue it. CEO Top 8 for Injustice was more interesting overall than SFV's.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 88
    You don't have to be a narcissist to realize a game that constantly talks about being accesible, yet ships with no arcade mode, is inferior to... pretty much every other contemporary fighter.
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 275
    edited June 20
    Aion wrote: »
    Funny how Capcom can mess things up so bad that situations reverse in such an ironic way.

The casuals and mainstream that Capcom dumbs down their games and aim for, are the ones trashing this game the most. While the only ones talking really positively about the game (shilling) are known FGC community members. It's all so pointless lmao, Capcom are so damn clueless.

I've lost a lot of respect for certain community members recently; using their popularity and the fact that people actually like them, to deceive them on behalf of a greedy corporation. Guess being in the split is worth selling even your own identity huh?

What's also sad about this is that games that deserve recognition, don't get the recognition they deserve, while those that don't deserve it do; and all this shilling does is enforce that BS. Now both SFV and MVCI are gonna be sitting merrily in Prime Time slots while games made with much love and labor get humored.

This is definitely on point. Games such as KOF XIV, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev. 2, & Tekken 7 deserves a lot more attention than what SF V & MvC: Infinite is getting here in the U.S.

And the truth is, Capcom shouldn't have even came back to the fighting scene at all. Most of the talent that they used to have from the 90's are no longer there, with the exception of the old-school team from MvC 1 for MvC: Infinite, being Norio Hirose & his gang. Yoshinori Ono is certainly no pro.
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,110
    what game doesn't get the attention it 'deserves'?

some old game?
    a game with much less brand recognition?
    a doujin game?

don't be absurd. things get exactly the attention they deserve.
    the idea that you recognize superior quality and gosh i just wish everyone else would is narcissistic.

i immediately think of all the people who say how awesome GG is or how much they love vampire. but they never actually support it when it comes time to show up, even if that means just watching a stream.

I truly believe if it wasn't Capcom putting a lot of money on esports, SFV would be smaller than all other games, so I guess that's where the "deserves" part come from.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,682
    sure i understand why and what people mean.
    the idea is a common one.

it's not 'genuine'.

as far as esports etc. that's what people wanted. we had this discussion years ago.

if you want a game to get the attention it deserves, play it and watch it. there's nothing more to it. there are no real obstacles anymore. you don't need to find an arcade with it.
    most old games can be played for free via emulator and the others are accessible on multiple platforms without leaving your home. streaming is easy, it's 2017.

there is no excuse. put your money and time where your mouth is.
    Play more.
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 488
    sure i understand why and what people mean.
    the idea is a common one.

it's not 'genuine'.

as far as esports etc. that's what people wanted. we had this discussion years ago.

if you want a game to get the attention it deserves, play it and watch it. there's nothing more to it. there are no real obstacles anymore. you don't need to find an arcade with it.
    most old games can be played for free via emulator and the others are accessible on multiple platforms without leaving your home. streaming is easy, it's 2017.

there is no excuse. put your money and time where your mouth is.

Except people do take the time and watch other tournaments and games that they love, that's a pretty ridiculous conclusion to jump to.

Where the problem truly lies is with the TO at times. Look at how EVO is always handled, Capcom is given way too much love as well as Nintendo at times and every other game can go fuck itself. DOA is the best example as even though the community is small, that was never the main reason itself on why it never made it back to the main stage when it came to the fifth installment. It was mainly a lot of complete nonsense made worse that Team Ninja was actively supporting the scene itself and knows what incentives they would have done if it was added back and how many people would attend to show off the game to the world.

There is a lot more problems as well including lack of exposure which can mean more than simple advertising(look at eventhubs and tell me how many Capcom articles are made in a single day compared to any other fighting game?). Honestly E-Sports simply CANNOT work with the FGC this way as only one or two games getting all the limelight will lead to major trouble when they cannot deliver
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,645
    Its always "if not for this, my community would be BOOMING"

GG is doing great and so is BB. What do you want, 1 million dollar tournaments?
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,473
    All that sponsor and e-sports shit is wack as fuck.

Play the games you love, and stop worrying about shit that doesn't have anything to do with that love and enjoyment you have.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • atiradoratirador Fire and Ice Joined: Posts: 1,580
    axeman61 wrote: »
    This game is 20% complete:
    ynwENLL.jpg

qZLQw65.jpg

JHXlwxQ.jpg

Don't believe a goddamned thing Capcpom says to excuse their crap aesthetics and sound production.

Twenty fucking percent!

:rofl: I keep forgetting that. They might have started on DBFZ this year or late last, and it's STILL blowing MVC:I out of the water. This is just sad.

EDIT:
    Look for DragonBall Fighter Z, then look for MVC:I...

B1JwECx.png

Yeah, this graph is really representative of future game sales... surely DBZ will sell better than CoD, right? Right?

• C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    atirador wrote: »
    axeman61 wrote: »
    This game is 20% complete:
    ynwENLL.jpg

qZLQw65.jpg

JHXlwxQ.jpg

Don't believe a goddamned thing Capcpom says to excuse their crap aesthetics and sound production.

Twenty fucking percent!

:rofl: I keep forgetting that. They might have started on DBFZ this year or late last, and it's STILL blowing MVC:I out of the water. This is just sad.

EDIT:
    Look for DragonBall Fighter Z, then look for MVC:I...

B1JwECx.png

Yeah, this graph is really representative of future game sales... surely DBZ will sell better than CoD, right? Right?

No, but MVCI will bomb for sure with its embarrassing roster, hideous graphics, lazy development and horrible word of mouth.