What's going on at Capcom?

12346»

Comments

• XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 469
    Its always "if not for this, my community would be BOOMING"

GG is doing great and so is BB. What do you want, 1 million dollar tournaments?

Swing and a complete miss against my point.

No one is saying what little thing can make a community boom or whatever, but that there are opportunities in which gaming communities CAN become bigger but never happen simply due to not being given that chance.

Even simple things as adding in games that aren't as popular and letting popular streamers run it is far more beneficial than say letting them run Marvel only all day
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 306
    This is clearly more Marvel's fault than Capcom's, they're the ones calling all the shots. They're the ones saying to make Marvel characters look better, they're the ones telling them to bench characters so their own can be in the spotlight, they're the ones saying no X-Men. After reading that last leak I kind of feel sorry for the dev team, it seems less like neglect on their behalf but more lack of care and motivation because of Marvel's demands. I honestly don't blame them for ngaf if the last leak is true.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,594
    flicky wrote: »
    This is clearly more Marvel's fault than Capcom's, they're the ones calling all the shots. They're the ones saying to make Marvel characters look better, they're the ones telling them to bench characters so their own can be in the spotlight, they're the ones saying no X-Men. After reading that last leak I kind of feel sorry for the dev team, it seems less like neglect on their behalf but more lack of care and motivation because of Marvel's demands. I honestly don't blame them for ngaf if the last leak is true.

You actually believe that leak? What sense does it make to make half the characters in a game look like dogshit, first of all? Secondly, that guy was let go a few weeks ago before E3, yet only brought this revelation to reddit AFTER we saw something was up with the Capcom roster at E3? Why not say something before?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    axeman61 wrote: »

You actually believe that leak? What sense does it make to make half the characters in a game look like dogshit, first of all? Secondly, that guy was let go a few weeks ago before E3, yet only brought this revelation to reddit AFTER we saw something was up with the Capcom roster at E3? Why not say something before?

Fchamp confirmed it in an interview with Born Free, the Marvel cast look amazing, and the Capcom cast look ugly. Disney wanted the Marvel side of the cast to be worked on first so that they looked at their best to potential customers in demos and on the floor at events. It benefits Marvel because that's their demographic, they want the MCU fans to see their favourite characters and potentially buy the game, as opposed to seeing the Capcom characters looking better and not appealing to Marvel fans at all. Fchamp also confirms that the real build looks better, and judgements are being made solely on the demo. (Stfu with the shill crap).

The very first leaks were true, no X-Men and no Fanstastic 4, the design choice leaks were true, other leaks have proven to be correct also, the only inconsistencies are in roster leaks.

• TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,682
    Xhominid wrote: »
    Tebbo wrote: »
    sure i understand why and what people mean.
    the idea is a common one.

it's not 'genuine'.

as far as esports etc. that's what people wanted. we had this discussion years ago.

if you want a game to get the attention it deserves, play it and watch it. there's nothing more to it. there are no real obstacles anymore. you don't need to find an arcade with it.
    most old games can be played for free via emulator and the others are accessible on multiple platforms without leaving your home. streaming is easy, it's 2017.

there is no excuse. put your money and time where your mouth is.

Except people do take the time and watch other tournaments and games that they love, that's a pretty ridiculous conclusion to jump to.

Where the problem truly lies is with the TO at times. Look at how EVO is always handled, Capcom is given way too much love as well as Nintendo at times and every other game can go fuck itself. DOA is the best example as even though the community is small, that was never the main reason itself on why it never made it back to the main stage when it came to the fifth installment. It was mainly a lot of complete nonsense made worse that Team Ninja was actively supporting the scene itself and knows what incentives they would have done if it was added back and how many people would attend to show off the game to the world.

There is a lot more problems as well including lack of exposure which can mean more than simple advertising(look at eventhubs and tell me how many Capcom articles are made in a single day compared to any other fighting game?). Honestly E-Sports simply CANNOT work with the FGC this way as only one or two games getting all the limelight will lead to major trouble when they cannot deliver

No what you're describing is just how esports destroys diversity.

It has nothing to do with 'the FGC', which is not a thing. At least, it isn't a community. It's a preference at best. Like saying you like heavy metal. It means almost nothing.
    It has everything to do with money. It is more and more about viewers, not players and about making money.

Kids aren't interested in jai alai.
    Just like they don't give a fuck about Vampire.

So ultimately the only way around it is actually exactly what I said. That means not being a part of whatever mainstream 'FGC' (lol) is doing. It means just doing your thing.
    Something which is extremely common and represents ACTUAL communities across the world playing and enjoying games they like.
    Play more.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero You will become a slave to your pleasu- erm... Functions. Joined: Posts: 2,850
    Loghorn wrote: »
    If KOF XIV sucks, gaagaa, then why are so many people outside of the US still playing it alongside Original '98 & 2002 UM? Why are there still tournaments all around the world about it? Heck, China's excited about it coming over to Steam!

Quoted for emphasis.
    For more information there is an article on that subject:

As for MVC:I there is a part of me that does want this game to turn out good and the fact that my homeboy Megaman X is back. At the same time, Capcom could have done a better job with its presentation or delayed its introduction. Plus, for the last decade or so, Capcom has been acting a bit silly with their franchises to varying degrees (not the only company to do this, but Capcom's still show)
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,657
    edited June 22
    Things that Capcom usually done right but change lately.

Facial aesthetic:
    Thing like facial aesthetic is just a simple thing visual representation of faces should compromised with each other from age and time to protect their branding. I hope Capcom would get things right the usual way not a hard to do just a brief guideline would help. People here aren't here to expect Xrd graphics same as me but please the traditional way. Like even in old low poly games like EX, TVC, MVC3 and other 3D SF Pachinko did right at least than the game itself. Just simply have complementary and consistency with facial aesthetics by age, time and existence in the game because the characters looks beyind the age of there SF3 counterparts.

Content: Arcade mode which I already explain earlier. It's a quick grab mode that doesn't need too much requirement. Single player mode that other mode can emulate and replace the feel from the number of matches and range of difficulty. It had more longevity and replay value as than any single player mode had been made or even to compared to the best mode ever of what a other people request (eg. dramatic, world tour, storymode, 4 player and etc. Why? because it is straight forward and less gimmicks.

My gameplay and character preferences are more personal concerns.

But I would raise the issue of comboability and command execution stuff. Okay I had familiarity biases with the controls but yet I'm tolerant to the direction of the comboability but really they are not my preference yet I hope they won't go more than that easier execution and comboability. I never had thought the SRK could have been replace with a different execution I know it isn't rewarding like it was before but still they should keep the same. I understand the change of Chuns execution in SFV but not Ryu. I'm glad to know they are still the same.

In comboability I like the SF4 than SF5 target combo kinda my preference because it leads to area of discovery, surprise and creativity. I know its open to exploits and less control towards capcom's part but this is one of the element that makes combos in FG games interesting. FGs is not just all mind games but also execution and combo potential.

Gameplay mechanics I really like the recent direction. The infinity stone, Vskill, Vtrigger, Aerial tag(MVC3) and freestyle tag in MVCi are definitely interesting. Thing that grow on me but kinda less interesting is FADC if I would think about it today. Xfactor and Ultra move is average and generic not bad at all. The only thing I dislike is the radical change that is projectile deflect in the MVCI because it isn't like the focus and parry. the projectile deflect alters the some character playstyle especially people that are into projectile zoning strategy they should have done something to compensate.
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • AionAion Is a Pre-Madonna Joined: Posts: 1,029
    It's not a smaller communities fault for certain games not booming; they certainly aren't lacking in effort nor conviction, but Capcom Only players who've always had it easy in terms of community size and support wouldn't understand...

I mean, if the FGC at large ignores great games simply because they scornfully categorize them as 'anime', part of a 'lesser' franchise or, really, just 'not Capcom'...then who's at fault for a games lack of community growth, and games not getting due recognition?

Why is it that SFV, despite the backlash, and MVCI, despite it's lack of a damn soul, get so much forgiveness and support while other games get treated with derision? Look at how good Xrd looks, then look at MVCI; then watch as MVCI gets better tourney/stream slots, way more positivity, support and undeserved praise.

It's like the FGC are Mr and Mrs Dursley, ArcSys is Harry and Capcom is Dudley.
    As amazing as it looks I just feel DBZ is something we've seen and done before already. I mean it's concept comes from the early 2000's, it's like a mash up between GGX2 and MvC2, 3v3 mechanics with dust, roman cancels and assists. ASW said they wanted to show how fun a fighting game can actually be, but I question why they didn't just do that with Xrd if it was on the agenda. But they do have experience with making assist based games as they had SBX which while broken was a lot of fun.

I think DBZ is gonna do what Marvel won't and that's appeal to the casuals, if the competition is making sales my bets are 100% on DBZ. But if the goal is competitive longevity and a life in eSports, my money is gonna be on Marvel. Both look like amazing games but DBZ has picked up on what people complained so much about last generation and that's the abc button structure. As much as players have fun with DBZ, in the end I think they're gonna crave the complexity in Marvel instead and play that as their main.

DBZ seems to be more like a nostalgic party game, not on the level of Smash but I think DBZ fans are gonna come together and have a lot of fun playing the game.
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,951
    KOF 14 may be a hideous game visually but it was SNKs first time doing the character models in 3d, and imo they got some brownie points for actually listening to their fans and TRYING to fix it, capcom doesn't listen to us at all in fact sometimes I feel they have contempt for us tbh. But whatever when this game sells 5 copies and marvel doesn't ever want to work with them again they'll learn the hard way OR they'll just be whiny faggots and stop making fgs for 10 years again.
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,657
    GenUser! wrote: »
    KOF 14 may be a hideous game visually but it was SNKs first time doing the character models in 3d, and imo they got some brownie points for actually listening to their fans and TRYING to fix it, capcom doesn't listen to us at all in fact sometimes I feel they have contempt for us tbh. But whatever when this game sells 5 copies and marvel doesn't ever want to work with them again they'll learn the hard way OR they'll just be whiny robots and stop making fgs for 10 years again.

Agree the Nightmare Geese Alt was awesome it was something new to FG DLC. Lately Capcom is doing fine also with alt costume with their own gimmick too by accessing secret costume stuff.

The problem with Capcom in terms of visual stuff is minor but they didn't pay attention on it that why it happens over and over again. They should organize their individual character branding because they ain't just another franchised. People says they messed up with graphics or ugly but thing is the detail is superior the problem is the facial aesthetic to be specific were they always messed up.

Then now the content priority is were the major problem is. I know the ux design of the content in SFV is to encourage and oblige the people to interact and tempted to buy DLC stuff rather than to work to it. Even colors have requirement. The thing is they are not the monopoly market and the standard like they were before they can do that in 90's. It is a miss since some people outside the community would just see this as another form of entertainment or another FG. So they likely fall to the other competition in terms of retail sales but likely they also succeeded in terms of DLC purchases but they should provide better the quality of their DLC than their in-game retail default content. The problem is they can't do the similar strategy over and over again because it destroys their impression and because of other companies better productivity and quality. Every company had their own flaws but SFV and SFxT flaws is an obvious and confident DLC schemes.
    Aion wrote: »
    I mean, if the FGC at large ignores great games simply because they scornfully categorize them as 'anime', part of a 'lesser' franchise or, really, just 'not Capcom'...then who's at fault for a games lack of community growth, and games not getting due recognition?

Another thing is that people have a though that a Capcom game can be broken but not other company. I have seen a lot of anime game being insulted for being broken and unbalanced from other companies while they are the same people praising Capcom work for being broken and unbalanced. I'm fine with games to be broken but they need to keep the area of uncertainty and standard of brokenness in terms of character advantage.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,536 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There hasn't been an actually broken fighting game in a long time. People just use that word for shit that's a little too strong.

I hear enough people say that the scene needs Capcom to survive in order for the FGC to survive. As long as that mentality is in people's heads, the head games at events will be Capcom stuff

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,539
    Shit

Is like every time that i come here i am greeted with a great amount of retardedness from your part :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • SuicidalGrandpaSuicidalGrandpa Undeniably Free in 3S Joined: Posts: 3,453
    edited June 24
    There hasn't been an actually broken fighting game in a long time. People just use that word for shit that's a little too strong.

I hear enough people say that the scene needs Capcom to survive in order for the FGC to survive. As long as that mentality is in people's heads, the head games at events will be Capcom stuff
    Hard to imagine the FGC without SF/Marvel, but if it needs to happen hopefully it's sustainable without those staple games. I'd be concerned since fg's are already niche
    PSN: SGsrk
    SFV ID: BOOTYSWEAT69
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,468
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Shit

Is like every time that i come here i am greeted with a great amount of retardedness from your part :rofl:

I feel the same toward you. :)
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • CPS_3CPS_3 Nothing new today Joined: Posts: 178 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    KOF 14 may be a hideous game visually but it was SNKs first time doing the character models in 3d

What? No. They even had a dedicated 3D arcade platform with the hyper neo geo 64 which was as early as 1997 at least. Fun games on that system btw.
    .:They should call me hadouken cause im down right fierce:.
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 92
    CPS_3 wrote: »
    KOF 14 may be a hideous game visually but it was SNKs first time doing the character models in 3d

What? No. They even had a dedicated 3D arcade platform with the hyper neo geo 64 which was as early as 1997 at least. Fun games on that system btw.

To be quite honest. I play KOF in 4K on my PC and I noticed something about it.

Character clothes. Nice and very high res.
    Stages. Nice and very high res.
    Ability effects. Absolutely high res.
    Hair. High res.
    Faces and other visible skin... PS2 Level. WTF. Like why? They literally look worse than Dante's MVCI face graphics quality wise. (Not the face itself).

• johnnydojohnnydo Joined: Posts: 250
    edited July 13
    There's a reason people are on the pros for shilling. The game looks like ass and is clearly not a game worthy of full price, it's a cash grab.

Pro players are fake hyping because it's on their best interest to, they see dollar signs. This is FChamp's game, a franchise he did very well at. Of course he would want it to be successful and want people to play that's how he gets paid

people said this exact same thing about SF4/MvC3 so many years ago :coffee:
    I'm a stoopid 09'er who's never played a fighting game in his life. Judge me harshly.

"We have a shitload of fighters on the market, and the best way to show our discernment is to penetrate the hype with negativity. Dark Stalkers 4 will happen. Guilty Gear will get its sequel. Other franchises may be resurrected off of fg's current popularity. And we will hate them all, admiring MVC2 and Guilty Gear AC like museum pieces" - Robo-mitsu GGPO: Manchild2
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 438
    There's a reason people are on the pros for shilling. The game looks like ass and is clearly not a game worthy of full price, it's a cash grab.

Pro players are fake hyping because it's on their best interest to, they see dollar signs. This is FChamp's game, a franchise he did very well at. Of course he would want it to be successful and want people to play that's how he gets paid

Playing devil's advocate for a second.

Capcom is a company, so they're naturally out to make money, meaning everything they do is a cash grab, regardless of whether it is a bad product or not.
    Rip sig.
    edited July 14
    It will backfire to them in the later part if they continue their practices. If people would recall the past isn't not just trends that destroys the market but also the quality.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • samuel5220samuel5220 Joined: Posts: 33
    edited July 18
    Whats going on at Capcom is they need to fire these people they have working on their art team, either that or fire the idiot who told them to use a realistic artstyle.

Or maybe we should fire Capcom for having 0 respect for their legacy.

These people are not Namco, they have no clue how to design games using realistic art, leave that to fellas like Harada. He has been using realistic art all his life he knows what he is doing, Capcom should have known better to stick to what they are good at which is Anime art. There is no logical reason they could not re hire Eighting to make MVCI.

There is Noway in hell Capcom can be expecting $60 for this garbage with a half assed roster. This game doesn't even come with Akuma like wtf? how will we see Justin Wong and his Akuma Comebacks now if there is no FUCKING AKUMA???????????????

UMVC3 flopping had nothing to do with Eighting, it was idiotic capcom and their ultra, super, mega, definitive bla bla bla stupid editions they keep releasing that used to split the playerbase. People thought instead of buying UMVC3 they would wait for the definitive version and just play MVC3 in the mean while. That was stupid to split the playerbase
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,951

Capcom is a company, so they're naturally out to make money, meaning everything they do is a cash grab, regardless of whether it is a bad product or not.

So basically they just suck at it
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 863
    I just don't understand the internal decision-making process. PR somehow decided that no communication is acceptable in the age of social media. Nothing but canned statements all the way down.

These days just owning up to your fuck-ups can score huge points with your demo by itself.

-but, nah, just don't say anything.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • hokage111hokage111 Joined: Posts: 151
    I think Capcom is desperate for money and theyre trying to get shit out ASAP.

Contrasting with Nintendo, a company that has had ups and downs, they are a bigger japanese name that still pays attention to reality, even if they stumble here and there. The fact that they never went the way that Sega did means that its at least theoretically possible that large japanese developers dont need to be completely brain dead.

Ive heard several times that Capcom Japan doesnt really want to do anything with SF anymore, and that shows they dont pay attention to reality. sf4 was a huge thing. Capcom just doesnt make any sense and unfortunately harsh lessons usually work the best, I dont think people should buy anything from them unless they actually like what they see. Dont get into that fanboy/support capcom no matter what mindset.

Source?

I'm glad I never bought the piece of shit known as SFV
  • GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 1,872
    hokage111 wrote: »
    I think Capcom is desperate for money and theyre trying to get shit out ASAP.

Contrasting with Nintendo, a company that has had ups and downs, they are a bigger japanese name that still pays attention to reality, even if they stumble here and there. The fact that they never went the way that Sega did means that its at least theoretically possible that large japanese developers dont need to be completely brain dead.

Ive heard several times that Capcom Japan doesnt really want to do anything with SF anymore, and that shows they dont pay attention to reality. sf4 was a huge thing. Capcom just doesnt make any sense and unfortunately harsh lessons usually work the best, I dont think people should buy anything from them unless they actually like what they see. Dont get into that fanboy/support capcom no matter what mindset.

Source?

i second this
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,536 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The only sources of that I know were around before SFIV launched. Mainly that they didn't want to do fighting games in general and Ono had to plead to make SFIV. Past that I doubt there's any new sources considering they've already come out with 2 SF IP games after IV

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 438
    edited July 19

So basically they just suck at it

That's besides the point I was trying to make, but you're right regardless of that.
    Rip sig.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,046
    I'm here yet again to incite a riot against that slow ass floaty jump and crouching light otg
    edited July 20
    Because Capcom had enough money with Resident Evil and Dead Rising those times... that was the zombie hype trend that is recently becoming oversaturated

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • OilyKoryukenOilyKoryuken Joined: Posts: 549
    edited July 20
    axeman61 wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    This game is 20% complete:
    ynwENLL.jpg

qZLQw65.jpg

JHXlwxQ.jpg

Don't believe a goddamned thing Capcpom says to excuse their crap aesthetics and sound production.

Twenty fucking percent!

:rofl: I keep forgetting that. They might have started on DBFZ this year or late last, and it's STILL blowing MVC:I out of the water. This is just sad.

EDIT:
    Look for DragonBall Fighter Z, then look for MVC:I...

B1JwECx.png

good find

The title of this thread has plagued me as I've become disenchanted with SFV - and now Capcom in general.

Ono not in charge of SFV, dev communication going silent for months at a time, capcom taking an entire year to give us nostalgic costumes, Capcom PR enraging/insulting fans with idiotic statements. I don't know where it starts and where it ends.

Capcom did have an exodus of talent(say what you will about Inafune, at least he TRIED with Mighty No. 9 and he was pretty instrumental in getting a number of series made - http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/05/09/capcom-didnt-want-to-make-dead-rising-lost-planet ) and it seems like there's a number of internal battles at Capcom, between development/executives and Japan/USA.

I tried to like SFV until Overwatch came out - I tried its' free weekend before launch - it was beautiful. Responsive online. Had characters I actually wanted to play as. The results of "battles" and "duels" made sense, and replays showed me where I went wrong. So I bought it.

It was a WORLD of difference - developers who cared. Balance changes that made sense. Seamless online where I could INSTANTLY get into games.

I think Evo/E3 definitely has shown just how out of touch/less effort Capcom is putting in, and people aren't fooled.

I know for parts of SFV, they've contracted out work, but part of me wonders if ANY of MVCI is actually NOT contracted.

I know people will accuse me of hyperbole, but MVC3 looks better - I get more hype from MVC3 trailers than i have from anything so far in MVCI. Say what you will about MVC2 and 3, each entry increased the HYPE when we didn't think that was possible.

SFV has money in it, and that may be it's only redeeming quality at this point.

But as the saying goes, nature abhors a vacuum, and Capcom isn't our only choice. Tekken 7, Injustice 2 are excellent and it doesn't seem like the fighting games incoming are stopping any time soon :)
    Post edited by OilyKoryuken on
    Streaming Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Marvel: Avengers Academy, Marvel Puzzle Quest, Fire Emblem Heroes: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/GeminiAvery/live.

The critics are in:
    "Fucked my bitch while watching your stream. Keep up the good work!"
12346»