Projectile deflection New Game Mechanic, What are your thoughts about it from Pros, Cons and etc.

The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig)Joined: Posts: 2,694
mwJm23.gif

Projectile deflection, What are your thoughts about it like from Pros and Cons?

Discuss

Or

Who should have it?

Who shouldn't have it?

What about this character?

Why this character?

What kind of projectile?

Should be solely for normal based projectile?

Shouldn't be for command based projectile?

What about Bullets?

What about Lasers?

Why it should be universal?

Why it shouldn't be universal?

Is it even necessary?

Why is it even necessary?

Whos gonna benefit from it?

Whos not gonna benefit from it?

How many characters would benefit from it?

How many characters would not benefit from it?

What specific possible problems does it fix?

Do they have other option to deal with this problem rather than this?

What are the risk this mechanic does possible make?

How troublesome this kind of projectile is?

Why should it be in the game?

What are the cons?

what are the pros?

Just give your thoughts in.

Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
Solo Characters
1.) Picolo
2.) Killin
3.) Kid Buu
4.) Pikon
5.) Hit
6.) Broly - legendary
7.) Super Janemba
8.) Gotenks SSJ3
9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
11.) Caulifa
12.) Kale
13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
15.) Rose with Zamasu
16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
17.) Yamcha with Puar
18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
2.) Spider-man
3.) Wolverine
4.) Thanos
5.) Venom
6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
1.) Haggar
2.) Eagle
3.) Maki
4.) Sodom
5.) Blanka
6.) Lee - Drunken master
7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
8.) Necro
9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
10.) Sagat
11.) Q
12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
1.) Tom
2.) Effie
3.) Byron
4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
1.) Skullomania
2.) Garuda

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,561 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 16
    I think it should be fine. Gives characters that can't projectile a little bit more of a chance to not get swarmed to death by fireballs. The character throwing the fireball can still deflect it back at you and then throw another fireball. Plus from what I've heard the timing to reflect is pretty sensitive and if you screw up you'll most likely hit buttons before you get put in block stun and get hit.

It really won't matter vs some of the zoning any ways since beams and gun shots like Chris' Magnum can't be reflected. Can't complain

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,826 mod
    Its a new mechanic. We're about to find out how good or bad it is.

Looks fun.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,694
    edited June 16
    I think it should be fine. Gives characters that can't projectile a little bit more of a chance to not get swarmed to death by fireballs.

Hulk?
    The character throwing the fireball can still deflect it back at you and then throw another fireball. Plus from what I've heard the timing to reflect is pretty sensitive and if you screw up you'll most likely hit buttons before you get put in block stun and get hit.

while they could easily follow up with beams, gun shot or teleport or simply use other means of mobility after deflecting the projectile using it as a cover to confused the other player rather than keep playing that Rose ball and wasting time.
    It really won't matter vs some of the zoning any ways since beams and gun shots like Chris' Magnum can't be reflected. Can't complain

Yup it doesn't really matter to the like of Chris Magnum and the rest of the majority beamers, teleporters and also those that had multiple projectile attacks from normals and specials.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,694
    hmm honestly i think the combination of advance guard to reflect fireballs + no chip on anything is pretty bad for zoners.

that's going to leave them as being blockstun initiators and little else. They should definitely bring chip back. Right now no chip is way overkill considering you can also reflect shit back at zoners
    Gameplay? This new mechanic is off to me, especially to a game that not everyone had great mobility option and pre dominant with lazers and fast bullets? I don't think it's innovation that every other future fighter should even adopt. If they want the no-chip damage thats okay but the deflect/reflect it's just meh to other characters that isn't playing like a marvel superheroes without weird utilities rather than helping them cope up with the environment.

That deflect and reflecting thing should have been a specific character advantage for those that cannot cope with it and not a universal thing. Imagine the deflect/reflect that if that idea was implemented to early 2k era. That meh.
    Nah the deflect or reflect shouldn't be there in the first place, because there are other means of dealing with the problem of chipping than implementing stuff that radically change the game to play for other major characters. If the problem is for a specific character advantage it should had deal with it specifically with not everyone. It just improve other characters trapping possibilities rather than helping those that never have the utility to deal with it, because they won't spend time doing rose ball but rather used it as a cover or distraction to confused then just go with the other advantage utilities like teleports, lazers or quick bullets.

It's like another of those quick fix without thinking of the consequence and risk how individual affects every character. They should realize this isn't Dragon Ball or about Mecha that every one had multiple projectiles and laser or had an alternate way to deal with it as an advantage because the characters in this games is from different franchise. That everyone is mostly isn't designed from scratch that is made exclusive to deal with other characters playstyle to make this kind of mechanic as a universal. It's just one of those another poorly and lazy implemented idea of counterplay. If the cause is just to be unique, different and to standout that's really a meh idea of doing implementing it.
    I don't think that this radical change is a solution that would be helpful for those characters that have problem dealing with those areas that this universal quick fix is meant to. This just rather burden them and make it complicate to deal with because other character had already the utility, tools and solution to cope up with chip damage.
    Chipping was something that is present in every 2D Fighter it's like breaking the traditional way that are not made with that idea on mind will gonna have problem. Because this characters mostly isn't designed from scratch and made to worked effectively with that radical change. The problem is Capcom didn't compensate and update the utility of those characters that isn't designed to deal with the radical universal changes.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Veserius wrote: »
    favors beam characters who already tended to be better in marvel games outside of mvc3 morrigan.

They just need to deflect once then follow up with either lazer, teleport or etc.

There are even other ways to deal with morrigan in MVC3 with the chrisG setup. It wasn't even a big problem to other to deal with.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,471
    Veserius wrote: »
    favors beam characters who already tended to be better in marvel games outside of mvc3 morrigan.

They just need to deflect once then follow up with either lazer, teleport or etc.

There are even other ways to deal with morrigan in MVC3 with the chrisG setup. It wasn't even a big problem to other to deal with.

i think you missed my point completely.

I'm saying that fireballs are already weaker than beams inherently and this makes them weaker.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    It's not just about fireballs but rather as a whole on how fireball dependent character change drastically in this radical gameplay mechanic.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • RorshockRorshock CFN: WhreAreMyDragons Joined: Posts: 383
    Seems cool. Reminds me a bit of instant blocking in BB/GG...glad that it seems fairly hard to do.

However it kind of feels like a huge FU to Morrigan.
    The not good player.
    CFN: WhreAreMyDragons
    Not really Morrigan If they want to deal with Morrigan they should have done it specifically against her. Cause Morrigan have other ways and tools to deal with that issue. The problem is with other characters that isn't designed in that radical update.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 570
    Morrigan got an stationary projectile so that might help her against something like that

I'm worried about someone like Arthur who is already pretty gimped compared to the rest of the cast.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 349
    JetKinen wrote: »
    Morrigan got an stationary projectile so that might help her against something like that

I'm worried about someone like Arthur who is already pretty gimped compared to the rest of the cast.

How is he gimped? St least he's got a dash.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,008
    JetKinen wrote: »

Same. I mained Authur in UMVC3. My keepaway game was pretty decent/good.

When i heard he was in MVCI, I WAS excited. Now....shit....if every character has built-in anti projectile counters.
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 628
    edited June 16
    Yah it looks retarded. Waiting to play b4 judgement.
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
    It just means everyone has a reflect, it must come with more risks than rewards.
    But not everyone has the same utilities and dependencies.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    But not everyone has the same utilities and dependencies.

At some point firing a projectile might be a mistake if a certain opposing character benefits from a reflect.
    And now using a certain character that has bad projectile capabilities and dependent on a projectile is now a mistake.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,062
    Combofiend said you can only reflect 1 hit projectiles that looks like they could be reflected
    otter wrote: »
    flicky wrote: »
    I don't know this game seems to be resolving a lot of problems that UMvC3 had. For starters projectile chip damage Morrigan nerf, but also now with the Time Stone everyone has access to a teleport. I think they're trying to encourage you to use the Stones to counter pick your situations instead of being forced to just sit there and eat chip till your death. Imagine how long the Space Stone lasts and you had access to a shit ton of projectiles, you could literally just put them in a box and they'd have no escape to avoid the chip

It seems pretty well thought out.

building the game reactively to the complaints of mid level players of the last is not a good sign. It didn't work for sfv at all.

The implications in theory could be bad enough that it could make the zoning in UMVC3 look strong. This is something I'll research at CEO and see why it is or if there's any chances where things do chip.

I've also heard that specials dont build meter on block? If true thats another thing that will hurt zoners. Meter building from afar has always been an important part of marvel too.

So just like sf5, mvc:i is trying to kill all zoners!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you need projectile chip on block?

yes

But surely people don't want a repeat of Morridoom? This game seems pretty open to some crazy stuff including projectile patterns, more emphasis on offence and mixups and less on lockdown and chipping.

Rather repeat then removing a totally valid playstyle from the game.

Capcom fears the fireball and has been slowly trying to kill it now for a while.

If a fireball doesn't chip, there is almost no reason to respect it.
    Do you need projectile chip on block?

yes
    The only good thing to know is the usual DP command motion with Ryu, I never imagine this before that even the command DP had been something threatening to be loss to such chracter. Then now deflect and no Chip thing that is a radical change break the character totally and make him an impractical choice because of morrigan? They should have deal with it directly rather than radically changing the game fundamentals and playability. If they hate chip that i would accept that but the deflect is overkill and it isn't necessary. This just end up as a bad counterplay design because of a quickfix that alter the game fundamentals radically they should focus the problem directly not settling to a quick fix.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,732
    Is this even needed in this game?

Ryu was pretty average in MVC3 (and probably same with MVCI) and his zoning wasn't that great, Morrigan's Soul Fist was nerfed, Phoenix isn't present, Akuma isn't here either, and it doesn't look like you can deflect lasers (specifically because they're multihitting attacks - such as Nova's, Magneto's, Doom's, Strange')

Feel like a rather useless mechanic
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Ryu was pretty average in MVC3 (and probably same with MVCI) and his zoning wasn't that great, Morrigan's Soul Fist was nerfed, Phoenix isn't present, Akuma isn't here either, and it doesn't look like you can deflect lasers (specifically because they're multihitting attacks - such as Nova's, Magneto's, Doom's, Strange')

Exactly how I feel. They did stuff to counter Morridoom when there's no Morridoom in the game. Morrigan can't even fly cancel her fireballs.
    willseless wrote: »

Exactly how I feel. They did stuff to counter Morridoom when there's no Morridoom in the game. Morrigan can't even fly cancel her fireballs.

All in the name of accessibility
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited June 17
    But the projectile threat comes from other characters now who's abilities are enhanced by the stones. Imagine this scenario, Dr. Strange activates Space Stone, you're trapped in the box, he used EoA on you, fills the screen with projectiles, tagging in and out with another projectile monster, creating ludicrous patterns of onslaught, and you can't do anything but barely move an inch in that box. How are you supposed to avoid that chip? It doesn't sound very fair and sounds OP.
    If Strange picked the Space Stone, he is unable to teledash with the Time Stone, wallbounce with the Power Stone or put up another tracking projectile with the Reality Stone, so I don't think it's that OP. But anyway, you can't reflect his projectiles anyway.
    This reflect stuff seems way too arbitrary to me, even if pingpong looks fun.
    But the projectile threat comes from other characters now who's abilities are enhanced by the stones. Imagine this scenario, Dr. Strange activates Space Stone, you're trapped in the box, he used EoA on you, fills the screen with projectiles, tagging in and out with another projectile monster, creating ludicrous patterns of onslaught, and you can't do anything but barely move an inch in that box. How are you supposed to avoid that chip? It doesn't sound very fair and sounds OP.

You probably wouldn't be able to deflect ALL of that anyway. Even in MVC3 with advancing guard against Supers you still eat some chip, so it doesn't save you from a potential KO completely
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

edited June 17
    I always knew that would happen to space gem. The first time I saw it, but I knew would have thought they would come out with this quick fix instead without thinking the consequences it got tradeoff rather than focusing on the assumed issue. It was a bad counterplay design whether it's for Morrigan or Space Gem possibilities of what if and should if because it break an essential core and fundamental gameplay. The deflect thing is an overkill for characters that ain't got other alternatives and never had the same utilities like Morrigan to cope up with the radical update. Fireballs isn't even better than Laser and Multi hitting bullets.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    I always knew that would happen to space gem. The first time I saw it, but I knew would have thought they would come out with this quick fix instead without thinking the consequences it got tradeoff rather than focusing on the assumed issue. It was a bad counterplay design whether it's for Morrigan or Space Gem possibilities of what if and should if because it break an essential core and fundamental gameplay. The deflect thing is an overkill for characters that ain't got other alternatives and never had the same utilities like Morrigan to cope up with the radical update. Fireballs isn't even better than Laser and Multi hitting bullets.

It doesn't have to be conventional though, this game is more like MvC than any other game in the series.
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 866
    edited June 19

A mechanic that requires split-second timing put in the game for accessibility?

whiguyblink.gif
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,772 mod
    NoChart wrote: »

This.

It's a carrot dangled on a stick for players to get better. When scrubs complain about spam, we can just point to the mechanic and say that they're just not good enough to do it consistently.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    edited June 19
    it's not like SF3 parry that punish you for risking and it's not just a defensive option but it gives you a free offensive tool instantly that you could also utilize with your variety of arsenal from laser, bullets or with other mobility option like teleport which the projectile character is put instead in a more difficult and cannot respond quickly situation instead of keep playing the mini game.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    NoChart wrote: »

whiguyblink.gif

Try and read the comment again
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

edited June 26
    how does it becomes more like MVC when it never been in any MVC title in the first place, it's more like a bad design of counter play that break the a fundamental playstyle instead of dealing with the cause directly.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    The only thing that concerns me is the air dash mechanics, ff or bb dash is actually superior to pp dash, as with ff or bb dash you can input an attack immediately where as with pp dash you can't. This is why players have been reporting they can't plink air dash with certain characters, because some have this lock on pp dash that doesn't allow other inputs.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,772 mod
    The only thing that concerns me is the air dash mechanics, ff or bb dash is actually superior to pp dash, as with ff or bb dash you can input an attack immediately where as with pp dash you can't. This is why players have been reporting they can't plink air dash with certain characters, because some have this lock on pp dash that doesn't allow other inputs.

Didn't they say that the plinking was back in the E3 build?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    edited June 27
    If this was done 10 years ago this would be questioned as if why it should be there it just make a niche playstyle ineffective rather than help raise effectiveness of those least use characters. Just bad counterplay design. Even Snk never revisit this to there new generation of KOF games.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 659
    ... if this game still holds true to anything Marvel, the fact you were blocking in the first place isn't a good thing. Being able to reflect fireballs isn't anything new considering select characters could do it already. Not a game changer.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    edited June 28
    Nah it's not about being new or old. this was an old neo geo mechanic that isn't revisited by SNK itself because it wasn't worth it. It is even how you belittle it does change?

The gif above is an old thing wait? Which marvel are you talking about? When was that in marvel? Mvc3? MVC2? It is a neo geo stuff that never imported to late 2k snk games.

The characters in this game wasn't build from scratch that are to utilize that game mechanic it only destroys a playstyle to bring comfort to favorable dominant characters that bad counter play.

The fact is it is not marvel this new in marvel and never been in a capcom game and even SNK themselves never bother to revist it along the many game mechanics they did in the 90s. Bad counter play design the purpose was obvious yet it does not rule over the purpose its just a bias design to demotivate a playstyle and to comfort another playstyle.

Air dash helped Ryu in manyin TVC in the past user comments without shill it doesn't burden him.

Yeah like Capcom treat there characters as disposable and replaceble skin for a certain functions. Instead of giving decent counterplay design. All is like demotivate, shilling and sensationalize. While UMVC3 and TVC did give attention to Ryu to compensate with the environment while this quickfix of a assumed treat is meh design.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 3
    This projectile deflect isn't even necessary in a game dominated by laser, beams and bullets which it doesn't even work on those, it's just to burden the least character playstyle that isn't a problem in the first place.

This radical change doesn't even work on lasers and bullets that dominate the game with faster and hard to predict attacks. Just a bad and lazy quick counter play design to counter a specific character tech rather than dealing with it directly.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 94
    I don't like it.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,561 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Might as well just keep it in now. Reflect until you lose.

mwDx9G.gif

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

Ryu should have exemption to begin with..

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 94
    edited July 19
    I don't like it. They are nerfing all characters for the sake of 2 spammers.

An easy solution to Zero and Morrigan's Soul Body or Astral Illusion projectile spam is having them do 0 chip damage from projectiles while in that hyper. Easy.

I mean look at Strider, his Ouroboros projectiles do 0 chip damage. They should have done same for Zero and Morrigan.

The problem is, Zero and Morrigan will be shooting so many that even if reflect one, tons more will be on the way and at one point you might get hit anyway.

Ryu on the other hand shoots only one and will get deflected... its a Hadouken... not a football with a Hadouken costume on. It's supposed to feel devastating. If someone like Rose with special ability would reflect it, i'd be fine with that.

Worst part is that some people from EVO have reported that its very easy to do and after some time, pros will likely deflect all projectiles with ease. Fchamp was able to deflect like 3 or 4 in that Jedah and Gamora match too which shows the timing isn't as 1 frame as they said.
    It should have been like parry or focus that if you fail you get punish or this should have been for the two characters only.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)