The Street fighter V General: Tokido Still Murdering :`-(

Comments

• appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,732
    Maybe Punk just really felt alone on that big stage without any family or friend to help him in that hard moment.
    time for the worlds smallest violin....player....

• mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,551
    edited July 17
    Pertho wrote: »
    The problem with defensive options is that people rarely tell you what those options should e.

We had a lot of good matches, give me.what the option you think the game should have and then a situation whete it wouldve mattered.

All I want is for V-Reversals to do their fucking job. Half the major problems with this game would be diminished if this mechanic did what it was designed to do.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 7,927
    mowr wrote: »
    The problem with defensive options is that people rarely tell you what those options should e.

We had a lot of good matches, give me.what the option you think the game should have and then a situation whete it wouldve mattered.

All I want is for V-Reversals to do their fucking job. Half the major problems with this game would be diminished if this mechanic did what it was designed to do.

But it's fun baiting out VR's ;(
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,338
    amrraed wrote: »
    YorKeY wrote: »
    How is Mika even gonna give him a stunner, she can't even grab his neck.

How will she hit him with her flying peach ?Poor Abigail will be the first character to not get hit in the face with booty. She will hit around his abdomen or maybe lower.

Can you even imagine Gief's Super. These two faces together filling the screen LMAO I love that dude now

funny how people always forget Birdie. Birdie gets no love
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,616
    There are forms of gigantism that are associated with learning disabilities. Which isn't to say that people with gigantism deserve to be portrayed as idiots.
  • amrraedamrraed On That WW kick Joined: Posts: 4,126
    StockyJam wrote: »
    How is Mika even gonna give him a stunner, she can't even grab his neck.

How will she hit him with her flying peach ?Poor Abigail will be the first character to not get hit in the face with booty. She will hit around his abdomen or maybe lower.

Can you even imagine Gief's Super. These two faces together filling the screen LMAO I love that dude now

funny how people always forget Birdie. Birdie gets no love

Birdie is not THAT tall. He is about as tall as Gief.
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven.

PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Rip & Tear, Until it is Done Joined: Posts: 1,494
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Hey what's the best way to upload my replays to YT on PC?

If you have an AMD card, you can use their ReLive software. If you have Nvidia, they have Shadowplay. If you have Windows 10 you can also use the Game DVR feature.
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,585
    appomo wrote: »
    Maybe Punk just really felt alone on that big stage without any family or friend to help him in that hard moment.
    time for the worlds smallest violin....player....

A+ reference
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,732
    edited July 17
    StockyJam wrote: »
    echelonNYK wrote: »
    xTmRKnH.png

Take a guess.

Abigail trailer. wheres my prize?

there you go...original canadian cuisine
    original-29847-1459872144-3.png?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto
    you have to eat it to become as big as abigail

edit:

and a glass
    Sourtoe cocktail....google it....
    @Evil Canadian
    really? thats what you guys come up with?
    :sick:
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,788
    Neclord wrote: »
    Compact87 wrote: »
    Some people, yes. Apparently better player lost.

Sorry but whoever is thinking "better player lost" is just a salty American at this point.

The better player won, people should just deal with it. :coffee:

Tokido's win saved SFV for Neclord.

Did you say you would uninstall it if it was another US GF ? Thank you Lord Tokido.

I did say that but it was a joke of course. I couldn't leave the game behind with hype matches like that even before GF.
    I am just a shill from the free continent of Europe who wants to trigger people. :bee:

Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,131
    edited July 17
    The thing about tournaments and any small set is the more talented or more skilled player doesnt always win. Its about being better in that moment. Tokido was better at Evo.

What do you want them to do? Hit jabs? All mediums? All heavies?

You have to use them properly. I think they work fine. Know whether the button youre vreversaling against is vreversal punishable or not. It isnt an oh shit get the hell off me kind of thing where you just panic and start mashing it.
    edited July 17
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    The thing about tournaments and any small set is the more talented or more skilled player doesnt always win. Its about being better in that moment. Tokido was better at Evo.

You have to use them properly. I think they work fine. Know whether the button youre vreversaling against is vreversal punishable or not. It isnt an oh shit get the hell off me kind of thing where you just panic and start mashing it.

Here's a list of moves you can V-Reversal Cammy for:

1. F.Hk.

• JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,187
    We don't really know if Abigail is dumb like Hugo or Birdie. He just seemed like more of a typical meathead douchebag jock. The "Entourage is my favourite show Dane Cook is the best comedian ever" type.
    We'll see though
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 1,851

1. F.Hk.

Isnt that a cammy thing and not a vreversal thing tho? And you can vreversal her ex dive kicks, her hooligan dive kicks, crouch hp and her vskill
  • septicseptic Joined: Posts: 205
    edited July 17
    appomo wrote: »
    1f604c248939eb44fb2a1f68ffb701ef.jpg?v=202200

the tires around his ankles is too funny
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,163
    Godlike alts. Im turned
    Within the dream, he stayed.

"Some garbage is okay." - Safety Stegosaurus
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,927
    HA the one where you don't see his face is nice
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • septicseptic Joined: Posts: 205
    edited July 17
    wonder if you can knock off his welders mask similar to Claw's
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,585
    His story alt covers the hideous face for a decent looking mask and makes his proportions normal. Fuck yeah I'm using that alt. Too bad about the stupid tires.
    Can my anti air please not trade
    edited July 17

1. F.Hk.

Isnt that a cammy thing and not a vreversal thing tho? And you can vreversal her ex dive kicks, her hooligan dive kicks, crouch hp and her vskill

She (and Karin) are just a case study in what's wrong with V-Reversals. They would be better if they just caused decent pushback on block. Look at how much pushback Mika's causes on block and see how often Mika players use it, even though Nadeshiko is one of the dirtiest triggers in the game. It's because it actually alleviates pressure by forcing the opponent away even when blocked. Most V-Reversals do jack shit on block though, other than leave you at -2 and in your opponent's face.
    A10metal wrote: »

Yeah WTF? His Story and Battle costumes seriously reduce the roids in his arms + chest + shoulders and beef up his legs quite a bit.

• amrraedamrraed On That WW kick Joined: Posts: 4,126
    His moveset is looking very interesting
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven.

PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,811
    I can already feel the salt flowing through my veins about that command run.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,927
    Fat Ken. He has a retarded face too so it's fitting
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,338

Post evo shenanigans, i'm weak. >.<\

i watched this beginning to end. why? i love drunk talk. wish there was more of this in the www.

1. F.Hk.

She (and Karin) are just a case study in what's wrong with V-Reversals. They would be better if they just caused decent pushback. Look at how much pushback Mika's causes on block and see how often Mika players use it, even though Nadeshiko is one of the dirtiest triggers in the game. It's because it actually alleviates pressure by forcing the opponent away even when blocked. Most V-Reversals do jack shit on block though, other than leave you at -2 and in your opponent's face.

Yeah WTF? His Story and Battle costumes seriously reduce the roids in his arms + chest + shoulders and beef up his legs quite a bit.

So you want them to all have more push back on block? Ok i guess. Dont know that its necessary but sure.

The thing with cammy and karin is they get nothing from mid screen throws and they specialize in corner pressure. I know we wont give credit but theres balancing decisions being made there in terms of the speed of their mediums and where on the screen they get scary.

Just accept that he's Canadian FUERTE y'all, will make it better for you all.

I need to train for Evo and win with abagial. My costume will be him in a luchadore costume
  • Trife88Trife88 Lose On Purpose, Get Buff'd Joined: Posts: 6,951
    All this Akuma stMK talk is reminding me of the Laura LP Elbow argument and it's hurting my brain pls stop
    SF4 > SFV
  • JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 1,060
    Lol all these analysts and their essays. Funny coming from those who don't like the and even play the game.

Here's my analysis, tokido outplayed punk and then punk got flustered(you can see by the camera reactions).

The end.

Best top 8 GF ever including SF4. Char diversity and hype was just too good.
    It's the same people that said the game has no footsies and you "can't react" lol
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,811

Just accept that he's Canadian FUERTE y'all, will make it better for you all.

Canadian Fuerte but with an ARMORED run. My worst nightmare
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
    I legit want to see Abigails damage numbers
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,591
    Jocelot wrote: »
    We don't really know if Abigail is dumb like Hugo or Birdie. He just seemed like more of a typical meathead douchebag jock. The "Entourage is my favourite show Dane Cook is the best comedian ever" type.
    We'll see though

I never really got the impression that Birdie was that dumb. In the Alpha series, he learned of Bison's secret weapon (Psycho Drive) and was looking to steal it without anyone noticing. Bison eventually caught on and sent the Dolls and Balrog after him. He was able to escape from the Dolls, but eventually teamed up with Rog to obtain it. Now Birdie's ending made him look stupid because he got stuck in the Psycho Drive, but everything leading up to that seemed okay. SFV has turned Birdie into a disgusting fatty who only cares about food.

Abigail's Final Fight bio states he's dumb.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Too Many Waifus Joined: Posts: 20,902
    ...after reading the blog I admit Abigail has me more intrigued now. That trailer was just not a good first impression.

Who knows, maybe he'll become a secondary over Laura. :)
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Laura
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    Just realized his run has that goofy arms at 90 degree angles thing that the big guys had in final fight.

I like him even more after the blog post.