The Street Fighter V General: Orbs, Orbs Everywhere

Comments

• Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 7,937
    Canada's run has ended in Marvel.

Already got 1 canadian in the top 8 don't wanna be too greedy with 2.

Plus dude had choke in the name come on set himself up to fail.

Toronto (and the GTA by extension) has some really good Marvel players (as this weekend has shown). Join the GTA, friend. We're nice people :)

toronto is like 5 hours away thats too far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel about the city, but spending your time in it will change your mind about it. Hell, you might even want to move here ;)

Maybe don't duck me when its Canada cup time this year like yall did last year!!!!!!!!

Also I looked at whats top 8 for marvel 3 tomorrow, there is exactly 1 person not running Vergil or Doom, such variety!!!!!

I tried to find you, I did! It was a minimal effort, but I tried. I ran into DevilJin and JoeyTones I believe.

Did you register for Canada Cup 2017 yet?

not yet but i will in time its still a whiles away!!!!!!

I always play 2 games if I can help it when I go to tournaments so I gotta decide which 2 I wanna play since theres a mix of inj/tekken/sf5 is abigail is good/maybe marvel if i can mash with hulk
  • MarLonLonMilkMarLonLonMilk Kid Canada. Joined: Posts: 2,348
    Did they ever say who'd be playing in the MvCI exhibition thing after UMvC3 top 8?
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    YorKeY wrote: »

Honestly he might be right (im unbiased unlike you old men) I don't think alot of developers supported EVO as hard this year. (from what I gathered) Even some panels were canceled not just Capcom I heard)

SNK and Atlus did add 14K to the pot for KoF14 though, and it was an amazing top 8.

Nigga Nintendo is never gonna support these shit in pool stank ass niggas.

This has nothing to do with any other dev. Fuck smash fuck Leffen fuck the whole damn community. I hope Regie never release any new Smash shit for these neet cucks just so they stank ass can play a real fighting game.

I love Leffen as a player, and sometimes his Gary Oak antics are fun, but he and other Melee player demanding support are delusional. Smash 4 barely gets support (especially when compared to Splatoon or ARMS), so why the fuck would a 16 year old game that they can't profit off of like Smash 4 get any kind of dev support? Especially when everything me and any other Melee player love about competitive Melee was a mistake in the creator's eye?

Again, entitlement is scary.
    PSN & CFN: marlonlonmilk_
    NNID: MarLonLonMilk

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaKeJSqQXVDwZCmU7av5CA
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,218 mod
    Melee is like what would happen if 3rd Strike or CVS2 was still pulling huge numbers today. I would hope we would be more sane if that were to happen.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,506
    Melee is like what would happen if 3rd Strike or CVS2 was still pulling huge numbers today. I would hope we would be more sane if that were to happen.

Nah. A bunch of dirty OGs warped by the radiation from their busted CRTs looks the same in every game. Weirdos. Sad, really.

Unless the 3s ports that are out are good.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • Trife88Trife88 Imperius Tri Joined: Posts: 7,481
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim drunk as fck, did toekeydo when evo yet
    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument GG EZ Joined: Posts: 1,694
    Okay.
    Stay golden, my friend!
    Drunk Trife strikes again

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

At this point it's mostly just about being amused when Leffen complains about something new. He makes the FGC pro whiners look good.

• GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,992
    Abigail's birth will happen
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

• Trife88Trife88 Imperius Tri Joined: Posts: 7,481
    niggggaaaaaaaaaaa yung ballrogs is right, we ain't gettin a caharacter reveal

Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • NelkNelk Joined: Posts: 447
    I miss those EVO videos we used to get some years back, like the combo videos, fireball battle, damage montage and whatever else there was.
    Trife88 wrote: »
    niggggaaaaaaaaaaa yung ballrogs is right, we ain't gettin a caharacter reveal

The alcohol brings the truth

• glitterfartglitterfart Joined: Posts: 4
    The commentators on melee are the mascots of the game. Socially inept die hard fans clinging to memes and shit that happened 10 years ago.
    Pertho wrote: »
    But pertho, who pissed in your cereal:

Really curious what the deal is gonna be with this.

Every year the smash community has an issue with how Evo is ran.
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

I want to see the complaints for smash on reddit soon.
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

• ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,850
    Smash community has a full feature length film of grass root tournaments that are awesome but still cling on to EVO :disappointed:
    edited July 16
    Genistar wrote: »
    I want to see the complaints for smash on reddit soon.

Basically, there wasn't supposed to be coaching in Top 16 but Hungrybox called his coach over after losing a game. Hbox didn't get DQ'd because

But SFAT's "rule violation" was this:

Dude came up and pretended to coach him to mock HBox (which isn't the first time someone poked fun at Smash coaching), but they're counting it as actual coaching so they canceled each other out? Now people are "upset." Quotation marks around upset because I'm more than convinced there will always be some Smash players looking for any reason to get at EVO.

• YorKeYYorKeY Tilt Mode [ON] Make male characters great again. Joined: Posts: 7,086
    edited July 16
    This EVO has had little hype to be honest, viewership was down, Melee grand finals was on the second day so it was less prestigious, announcements might suck (well see though) and the forum wasn't moving nearly as fast as last year, even Chatshire + tons of other lurkers were posting like crazy last year voicing their hate for Mika. Sigh, probably just me though.

KoF14's top 8 was very enjoyable though! The one thing about SFV that's gonna be hype is the 3 American in top 8, and 2 in winners, oh god, this is it America.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: TBD
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• YorKeYYorKeY Tilt Mode [ON] Make male characters great again. Joined: Posts: 7,086
    ooooo, this smash drama is juicy, better watch reddit.
    Dota 2 player.

edited July 16
    This EVO has had little hype to be honest, viewership was down, Melee grand finals was on the second day so it was less prestigious, announcements might suck (well see though) and the forum wasn't moving nearly as fast as last year, even Chatshire + tons of other lurkers were posting like crazy last year voicing their hate for Mika. Sigh, probably just me though.

KoF14's top 8 was very enjoyable though! The one thing about SFV that's gonna be hype is the 3 American in top 8, and 2 in winners, oh god, this is it America.

People not going HAM about Mika automatically makes this year better. Chatshire was literally throwing up on the keyboard and @killthevibe was killin it too. At least killthevibe has somewhat normalized over time.

I'll admit, I do prefer slightly more honest Mika, just didn't warrant all of that crying that ran up a whole page worth of posts in 5 minutes.

edited July 16
    Oh, forgot to say, rest in peace Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, the big budget marvel game. Today was it's last day at EVO.
    Dota 2 player.

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,290
    Oh, forgot to say, rest in peace Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, the big budget marvel game. Today was it's last day at EVO.

Enjoy Infinite DLC of Disney Infinity, but with 1/8th of the love, passion, and budget!
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

That's okay. Make way for MvCI, fuckers. Since the game is clearly dead on arrival because DBFZ is the future, it'll be easy to place in the game. So far EVO 2018 top 8 is comprised of myself, @DevilJin 01 and @unofficialdocument. The other 5 players will be the 5 people that can pull themselves away from the greatness of DBFZ and purchase MvCI.

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,999
    Don't forget the Monkey Man. His Canadian Hulk is going to smash fools.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,977

I don't know about anything else but the GG top 8 was pretty legit this year, even the top 32. For viewers it was definitly a bit low (I don't remember how much they usually get tho).
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    I'm getting MvCI for sure, the steam key 34 bucks on CDKey.com, too bad it only comes with the basic pre order stuff, I won't get the Megaman X Command Mission DLC costume for X that's included in the deluxe version. (hopefully they sell it individually on the market)

DBFZ releases sometime next year, everyone will have plenty of time to save up to buy both anyways, not sure what the big deal is.
    Dota 2 player.

That's okay. Make way for MvCI, fuckers. Since the game is clearly dead on arrival because DBFZ is the future, it'll be easy to place in the game. So far EVO 2018 top 8 is comprised of myself, The other 5 players will be the 5 people that can pull themselves away from the greatness of DBFZ and purchase MvCI.

Yup. It's time to put on the lab coat again for the bad game. I like my SF simple and my Marvel cheap and labby. I already know I gotta play Zero and Dante, but Jedah has gotta get in there. If they don't reveal Jedah @ Evo Ono is going to hear some choice words from me.

Don't forget the Monkey Man. His Canadian Hulk is going to smash fools.

Abigail + Hulk = lots of respect and Smashing. Get those gamma arms ready for armored, unblockable punches.

wjJxgr.gif

• TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 8,905
    We had 60k for like top 64/16 and Smash was at like 117k

How the fuck was viewership down.

@YorKeY supply facts are get fucked!!!!!
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
    edited July 16
    Honestly nobody actually practices Marvel anymore except for 2 people, every grand finals is a pot split and nobody watches it anymore.
    But hey let's give it a Sunday spot, because Capcom.
    Fuck that.

Late response, but as a Marvel fan and former player of the game, I do like that they got an extra swan song essentially. 2016 was supposed to be the swan song year for Marvel with Chris G win and Ghost of Evo Final Boss. Then of course like Marvel the badness occurs and it gets an extra swan song people because Teens Choice Award goes HAM for crack.

It's nice that UMVC3 got voted in, but that shit should have been Saturday finals for sure. Definitely not enough practiced top players to make that some shit that needs to be on Sunday. Injustice 2 clearly has more of the truly best players going in and has a real, sanctioned Pro Tour, but Saturday Finals because, yeah. It seems like the only reason UMVC3 is on Sunday is so Capcom can propaganda their way into advertising MvCI during it on twitch/ESPN/Disney XD. Which they're showing off an MvCI exhibition during it and of course you want to do that on TV and not just on the internet.

Oh well I like Marvel so works for me LOL. MKX getting less votes than games that look like NES games is LOL worthy. Noob can't have more than one game at Evo RIP.

@TWINBLADES I'm not sure if those guys playing Fighting EX Layer are not sidestepping because it's gone or because they just don't know how to. The original Fighting Layer game had sidestepping in it and had similar boxy stages. I wouldn't be surprised if they did do that just to make projectile games easier to manage.

• Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,474
    So bar fights is going on and the only way to watch is in Stupendous stream because Cross counter thought it would be a good idea to have it on their side instead of twitch.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
    Can't be bothered to watch that any way. I'm already set on waking up early for crack news.

edited July 16
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    We had 60k for like top 64/16 and Smash was at like 117k

How the fuck was viewership down.

@YorKeY supply facts are get fucked!!!!!

It's a fact.

Super Smash Bros. Melee (Sunday)
    6:50 - 9:20
    219,125 main channel / 232,900 total twitch viewers

This is Melee's numbers last year, they crushed this years numbers if you say 117K is the number.

And before you go " Hur dur! That's Smash! Game is dying! We alive and well unlike them! FGC master race! "

Nope, last year SFV day 1 averaged 65K viewers, this year it averaged 33K.

SFV Day 2 is 65K this year, last year was 80K.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (Sunday)
    4:25 - 6:25
    136,914 main channel / 148,811 total twitch viewers

This year was much less.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/4tdr30/evo_2016_finals_twitchtv_peak_viewer_counts_stats/

For last years numbers, just compare them to this year all you want. Even entries in games were down, this isn't me just talking out my ass.
    Dota 2 player.

This discussion has been closed.