The Street fighter V General: Tokido Still Murdering :`-(

Comments

• A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 1,814
    edited July 17
    A10metal wrote: »
    I can already feel the salt flowing through my veins about that command run.

Just accept that he's Canadian FUERTE y'all, will make it better for you all.

Canadian Fuerte but with an ARMORED run. My worst nightmare

With 4 different options w it

What I'm more interested in is his Vskill. How much meter gain is it, what is the combo potential like. I wanted FUERTE and they gave me something just as good.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,003
    I really want to see what his normals look like and what his specials are. After that I'll make a judgement call to use him or not. Very interesting character so far.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,114

What I'm more interested in is his Vskill. How much meter gain is it, what is the combo potential like. I wanted FUERTE and they gave me something just as good.

It looks too slow to be used like fuerte. Gotta see the frame data of the punch follow up on block. If its 100% safe then the whole option tree would be good.

I hope he counters all the small rushdown characters
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 1,814
    I literally had no interest in Abigail until I found out he was fuerte clone
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,735

His VT is 2 bars so meter won't really be an issue. V-Skill counter seems to send the opponent into a spinning CC state and if you can combo into his rolling sweep (which seems to have a big startup) you can probably do a lot of other things too.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,540
    I was watching the news while eating breakfast and they had a long ass segment explaining the meaning of each emoji. Slow news day I guess.
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • EzkimoSamuraiEzkimoSamurai Joined: Posts: 134
    Sooooo Abigails story= Dudleys in a sense Lol.
    giphy-facebook_s.jpg?t=1
  • SkiesOfAzelSkiesOfAzel Joined: Posts: 933
    edited July 17
    Dime wrote: »
    Sigh, fucking trolls, sigh. First set against tokido, punk wins pretty easily. Look at tokidos use of "everyone knows about it" st.mk. You'll notice that tokido almost never presses the button in neutral. I counted and over the course of 5-6 rounds he pressed st.mk a total of 4 or 5 times, Twice in blockstrings and a couple of times in neutral from VERY far away.... I'm talking 3/4 screen.

Now look at grand finals and you can clearly see tokido using the st.mk in a completely different fashion, from a different range with a different timing. Video shows, it's clear as day.

Tokido played brilliantly and deserved to win the set.
    Also, in that first video tokido didn't crossup with the fireballs so that's what setup the fireballs for the second time they played.

What i can clearly see is Tokido attempting the same thing, which is to bait and punish Karin's st mk or st hk with Gouki's st mk into an empty buffer. He attempted it in the first set at 3:00 where he misplaced it because he was in the corner and got punished and at 5:15 where Punk didn't bite. It's not like Punk wasn't aware either, he punished it plenty of times with sweeps and st hks.

I was watching the first set with a friend of mine and despite the fact Tokido lost, i turned and said to him that if Tokido reaches the final, he has it in the bag. While Tokido did lose 2-0 the first set, he lost mainly because he took too many unnecessary risks. During the 2nd set he tightened his block strings and took less risks, thus maintaining control for larger parts of the set. That frustrated Punk, making him press more ranged buttons in an attempt to get in, which in turn gave Tokido more opportunities to whiff punish.
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 739
    I talked so much shit about Abigail and how Mika can probably land Wingless Airplane on him grounded that they had to make the character's play style interesting.

Damn it, now I'm curious too.

The Maple Leaf mohawk was a nice touch. Wasn't expecting Capcom to do this kind of thing anymore.

You'd expect Capcom to actually make Abigail's default outfit have the same proportions of the alts.
    Turns out dissonant hurtboxes will be a thing.

Armor on so many things will definitely make him a 10-0 matchup for Ryu. Not looking forward to that...

Congrats on that taunt combo Tokido, winning Evo is cool and all, but a taunt combo in Grand Finals? Damn that was epic.

I'm almost trying to see how lame I can play Akuma at this point.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,003
    Punks loss is definitely going to make him a better player in the long run.

I think he'll come out swinging better as well.

One of the craziest things about punk is how much he tends to wreck most of the Japanese players he plays when they first meet. Dude has a habit of making killers look free, like his dismantling of kazunoko (though I'm sure theyve played before) and also how he kinda destroyed itazan and tends to dismantle haitani and fuudo as well.

It's pretty remarkable when you consider that he's still got lots of growing to do as far as fighting games are concerned.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 7,836
    Niggas will use Abby more than Chinese stick man and yoga flame guy.

I'm already annoyed at his running armor moves and hes not even out yet lol

I like him the more I find out about him.

@Evil Canadian will the 25th mark your triumphant return to SFV? How long will you be in the chamber before we go head to head?
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,704
    So what do you guys think about EVO 2017?

I'm really wondering about the 2018 lineup now

BlazBlue, KOF and Marvel 3 are going away
    SFV, Smash WiiU and Smash Melee are both staying
    Xrd, Tekken 7 and Injustice II will return
    Marvel Infinite will probably make a debut

So that leaves us with 2 more slots, unless EVO decides to expand to 10 games

DBZF and Cross Tag Battle hype?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,712
    no one knows when in 2018 some of the games get released.
    so beside of marvel4 i doubt we see something new.
    kinda like the evo japan lineup just without arms.

abigail seems to be a new experiment from capcom to see if theire
    function theory is right or not.
  • Trife88Trife88 F R A U D G O D Joined: Posts: 6,913
    I rock with Abigail

Still want my Skinny Birdie :(
    SF4 > SFV
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,670
    edited July 17
    What are the chances the new CPT stage is used for Evo? I know it's not out yet publicly, but they could use a new build maybe?
    Given Capcom's recent track record with stages I would fucking hope not. Maybe it lags. Maybe some super does something stupid to the camera on it. Who knows. What I do know is that top 8 at the biggest event of the year is not when you want to find out about such problems.

I see.
  • EdmundEdmund Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 631
    edited July 17
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

I think fighting layer Ex might make it in. But it'll have low number of entrants and die after a year like kof 14. Even though I do want it to succeed.

This is my dream line up.

Sfv
    MvCI
    Tekken 7
    Injustice 2
    GG
    Dbfz
    Fighter layer Ex
    Blazblue tag

I respect the smash games but If we gotta sacrifice fighting layer and blazblue tag because of the two smash games I'll be really disappointed.

At least it's better than

Arms
    Smash melee
    Smash 4
    Smash switch
    Pokken
    Mario kart
    Mario tennis
    Wii sports.

• GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,874
    Edmund wrote: »
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

I think fighting layer Ex might make it in. But it'll have low number of entrants and die after a year like kof 14. Even though I do want it to succeed.

This is my dream line up.

Sfv
    MvCI
    Tekken 7
    Injustice 2
    GG
    Dbfz
    Fighter layer Ex
    Blazblue tag

I respect the smash games but If we gotta sacrifice fighting layer and blazblue tag because of the two smash games I'll be really disappointed.

At least it's better than

Arms
    Smash melee
    Smash 4
    Smash switch
    Pokken
    Mario kart
    Mario tennis
    Wii sports.

Mario kart was an evo event before but anyway i think it is possible that 2 of the games won't get a chance to showcase their community because both smash games will stay. Imo it is time for at least melee to go. If fighting ex layer does get in i think its more of the players who should be pushing for the game to do well.

On a random note...Does anyone from tristate know of any local tournaments going on for sfv? I know NLBC is there but i can't find any place in NJ that has anything anymore but smash.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Mika/Kolin

• amrraedamrraed On That WW kick Joined: Posts: 4,092
    I have read on Discord that LPN said that Abigail have 1200 HP. Whether that is real or not, who knows ?!
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven.

PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,468
    Seeing how Tokido played Akuma makes me feel like I should focus less on DP AA. I can't count the number of jump ins Punk got on him but he really didn't focus on it that much. I saw Jab AA a plenty, but rarely any DP AA. His reactions were insane though in another aspect or prediction. He was stuffing the start up frames of St.Hk and VS (charged) numerous times.
    I feel from Punk I do. He's definitely going to level up further from this loss. And only being 18 and playing at the level he's at is just incredible. I still can't get over his one hit confirms, reactions and footsies.
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,123
    What was in the SSFV rumor anyways? Was there anything that actually changed the game, or was it just Sagat and some other cosmetic shit?
    Within the dream, he stayed.

"Some garbage is okay." - Safety Stegosaurus
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,615
    YorKeY wrote: »
    James Chen shouldn't of cried after that loss, what a fucking baby.

Fixed that for you there YorKeY.
  • Trife88Trife88 F R A U D G O D Joined: Posts: 6,913
    I'll say this....there's nothing Capcom will do...no new character...NOTHING that will make me forget about the OGs of Street Fighter like Sagat, E. Honda etc

IF they aren't in S3 that's FINE but you aren't about to create these new characters like they're replacing anybody because they ain't CAWT DAMN IT

I'm in my feelings now ...Sagat and everyone else better come back down the line...these new characters personalities aren't that good to replace my childhood memories

Laura had potential but her voice actor and story mode killed it for me
    SF4 > SFV
  • stronzolostronzolo Joined: Posts: 93

lots of FLEX videos on this channel
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 739
    What was in the SSFV rumor anyways? Was there anything that actually changed the game, or was it just Sagat and some other cosmetic shit?

Apparently, second CA's, can't remember the rest, but there were some stuff.

The real locks are Sagat and Sakura though. Not having to resort to Guile for zoning is a gift for me, especially since I used to main Sagat in 4.

I just hope they don't give him the Ryu treatment and amputate his hitboxes below his knees though.
    FLEX looks and feel so much like the EX games, i guess that is understandable but i am not sure that i like it very much.

• VhoziteVhozite Fabulous Slasher Villian Joined: Posts: 2,481
    My last 4 sets, which perfectly highlight my problems as of late. Links should work but I haven't uploaded vids in ages.

edited July 17

Matt Edwards says that Aby does indeed have more HP than Gief. So we are looking at 1100 or potentially 1200 as LPN claims.

• Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 1,926
    Trife88 wrote: »
    I'll say this....there's nothing Capcom will do...no new character...NOTHING that will make me forget Vanilla Sagat

SFV: Zangief
    Xrd: Potemkin
    pensacola fgc
    cfn same as username
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,540
    IglooBob wrote: »
    Can we please ban pre match handshakes and post match hugs? Might as well be making out jesus christ

what
    Can my anti air please not trade