The Street Fighter V General: Orbs, Orbs Everywhere

1360361363365366544

Comments

  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,642
    Remember playing Idom on his come up. Dude battered me but having discovered who he is, I'm proud.
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,641
    edited July 31
    Can Mika and Karin do their air target combos on a standing Abigail? I saw Juri doing it, but I don't know if it's character specific.
    EDIT: Juri could have been in VT
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,758
    willseless wrote: »
    Can Mika and Karin do their air target combos on a standing Abigail? I saw Juri doing it, but I don't know if it's character specific.
    EDIT: Juri could have been in VT

    I think Abigail's hurt box is just normal size, way off the model.
  • CathraoCathrao Police brutality Joined: Posts: 645
    edited July 31
    willseless wrote: »
    Can Mika and Karin do their air target combos on a standing Abigail? I saw Juri doing it, but I don't know if it's character specific.
    EDIT: Juri could have been in VT

    I think Abigail's hurt box is just normal size, way off the model.

    I bet Desk is salty he can't make crazy anti-Abigail combo videos.
    Steam ID: Cathrao | T7: Lili/Feng
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 791
    willseless wrote: »
    Can Mika and Karin do their air target combos on a standing Abigail? I saw Juri doing it, but I don't know if it's character specific.
    EDIT: Juri could have been in VT

    I think Abigail's hurt box is just normal size, way off the model.

    There are some differences. A couple of resets I normally use don't work against him. Gotta lab it up
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,082
    He's got some weaknesses that get exposed despite being still awesome. Karin players are going to have to realise that spending meter on AA instead of saving it for high damage juggles might be a necessary switch in some matches. They hold onto that meter and try and ride out the mix ups, I'm not sure that's the correct play all of the time.

    Everyone gets figured out when you are the top dog, Daigo demolished infiltration after EVO in the run back remember. Bonchan with Luffy etc

    It's just the natural power struggle of something competitive.

    Karin EX dp isn't really reliable like a regular shoryuken,the forward momentum of the move and the hitbox force the player to be precise with the timing. Too early the invincibility runs out,too late it could whiff completely. I understand what you're saying,this Karin players weakness comes when they're too focused on the ground game,when that happens Karin big weak point (AA) comes out punctual. Funny how the characters who exposed this weakness are those with a gdlk st.mk button,even Tokido takes Punk busy with that then proceeded with his aerial offense. Like @ZioSerpe said Punk now needs to focus a bit more on improving this aspect of his game,while he's spending his time with other characters bouncing here and there from arcade sticks to pad people are catching up. Get a 2nd place means being the first of the losers and he didn't win a tournament since CEO.
  • 武俠派武俠派 燈火闌珊處 Joined: Posts: 616
    Abigail's hurt box definitely feels different than most of the cast. Kolin's hailstorm seem to hit him way earlier than it normally does on other characters.
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,813
    willseless wrote: »
    Can Mika and Karin do their air target combos on a standing Abigail? I saw Juri doing it, but I don't know if it's character specific.
    EDIT: Juri could have been in VT

    Well Cammy has throwloops against him and can cross him uo with j.hk a lot easier than other chars.
    There definitly is a difference.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

    My SFV Cammyguide!
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,704
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Dime wrote: »
    Punk getting figured out. Niggas been in the lab studying. Didn't see anything new from punk versus idom, saw lots of new stuff from idom though. Good stuff to him.

    Idom guessing right on almost all of the stagger and frame trap mixups didn't hurt either, but punk has been doing that for over a year so.. makes sense that the best are starting to adapt... after a year.

    What Punk does isn't rocket science, he's just too good in doing that. I think he wasn't prepared to fight the best Laura around,because the matchup isn't that hard.

    He's beaten idom plenty of times already in the past. Idom played different (and great) in this set, he deserved to win. But yeah, punks stagger pressure is getting figured out. I don't know what game people were watching but idom teched plenty of punks throws in that set. He wasn't taking the throw, he was just guessing correctly on when the throw was coming or not, more often than not.

    When people get crazy with the stagger pressure I default to a super late tech that won't tech throws, but will keep me from eating big counterhits, while also protecting from really big stagger timings.

    But it's all a guess at the end of the day. If you just block then you just get staggered all day. If you just button then you just get frame trapped. If you just tech and late tech you just get shimmied. Gotta mix it up.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,082
    Dime wrote: »
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Dime wrote: »
    Punk getting figured out. Niggas been in the lab studying. Didn't see anything new from punk versus idom, saw lots of new stuff from idom though. Good stuff to him.

    Idom guessing right on almost all of the stagger and frame trap mixups didn't hurt either, but punk has been doing that for over a year so.. makes sense that the best are starting to adapt... after a year.

    What Punk does isn't rocket science, he's just too good in doing that. I think he wasn't prepared to fight the best Laura around,because the matchup isn't that hard.

    He's beaten idom plenty of times already in the past. Idom played different (and great) in this set, he deserved to win. But yeah, punks stagger pressure is getting figured out. I don't know what game people were watching but idom teched plenty of punks throws in that set. He wasn't taking the throw, he was just guessing correctly on when the throw was coming or not, more often than not.

    When people get crazy with the stagger pressure I default to a super late tech that won't tech throws, but will keep me from eating big counterhits, while also protecting from really big stagger timings.

    But it's all a guess at the end of the day. If you just block then you just get staggered all day. If you just button then you just get frame trapped. If you just tech and late tech you just get shimmied. Gotta mix it up.

    Just finished to see the GF and after that I agree with you. Punk is still 'special',but simply people realized that taking a throw from Karin is better than getting shimmied 'til death,especially since her throw put her at disadvantage resetting the neutral freeing the opponent from Karin pressure. There's nothing more to find with Karin,the only thing I could suggest in that situation is just keep throwing 'til the corner. There Karin can throw loop everyone and with that in mind his typical staggering/shimmy game will be effective again.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,762
    edited July 31
    Quark wrote: »
    Topanga is WAY more competitive than your average ranking tournament, though. I get that proving yourself against international competition is a big part of being a successful player, but Topanga still brings in some of the best players in the world and it doesn't make sense to me to dismiss somebody's performance there just because it doesn't give magical esports points

    But it's basically a group of friends competing together for years, no matter how strong they are. It is a totally different setting compared to an open tournament where points for Capcom Cup are on the line.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,721
    edited July 31
    Quark wrote: »
    Topanga is WAY more competitive than your average ranking tournament, though. I get that proving yourself against international competition is a big part of being a successful player, but Topanga still brings in some of the best players in the world and it doesn't make sense to me to dismiss somebody's performance there just because it doesn't give magical esports points

    But it's basically a group of friends competing together for years, no matter how strong they are. It is a totally different setting compared to an open tournament where points for Capcom Cup are on the line.

    I think that knowing that invitationals trigger this " BB's Azrael Mentality" on people since they know they're not fighting bronze players. Everyone is good, so if you don't break out the main and go ham ASAP, you're getting bodied. That also means that everyone gets hype because they know every match will be good, so they go full blood knight.

    Of course, it's less tense than things like EVO's Top 8 because they have that and the pressure of a high stakes tournament with points and money on the line. But they take things much more seriously than pools and weaker tournaments.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 987
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    He's got some weaknesses that get exposed despite being still awesome. Karin players are going to have to realise that spending meter on AA instead of saving it for high damage juggles might be a necessary switch in some matches. They hold onto that meter and try and ride out the mix ups, I'm not sure that's the correct play all of the time.

    Everyone gets figured out when you are the top dog, Daigo demolished infiltration after EVO in the run back remember. Bonchan with Luffy etc

    It's just the natural power struggle of something competitive.

    Karin EX dp isn't really reliable like a regular shoryuken,the forward momentum of the move and the hitbox force the player to be precise with the timing. Too early the invincibility runs out,too late it could whiff completely. I understand what you're saying,this Karin players weakness comes when they're too focused on the ground game,when that happens Karin big weak point (AA) comes out punctual. Funny how the characters who exposed this weakness are those with a gdlk st.mk button,even Tokido takes Punk busy with that then proceeded with his aerial offense. Like @ZioSerpe said Punk now needs to focus a bit more on improving this aspect of his game,while he's spending his time with other characters bouncing here and there from arcade sticks to pad people are catching up. Get a 2nd place means being the first of the losers and he didn't win a tournament since CEO.

    I gotta say though that up 'till EVO grand final Punk had shown to be an anti-air monster, I relly think he crumbled under the EVO pressure and he still has to shake it off.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,777 mod
    edited July 31
    Quark wrote: »
    Topanga is WAY more competitive than your average ranking tournament, though. I get that proving yourself against international competition is a big part of being a successful player, but Topanga still brings in some of the best players in the world and it doesn't make sense to me to dismiss somebody's performance there just because it doesn't give magical esports points

    But it's basically a group of friends competing together for years, no matter how strong they are. It is a totally different setting compared to an open tournament where points for Capcom Cup are on the line.

    You could still argue that it's a ringer to go through in its own way since they're playing long sets just eLeague where you have to really prove yourself to beat someone. A 2 outta 3 in a momentum based game doesn't decide alone whether you move on from that person. On a different day I very well believe Nemo could have taken Evo. He's nuts and the only person that can play Urien on his level. RB is the only person that comes close.



    As far as Punk, this is the most populated competitive fighting game out there. There are players that I'm sure could have made top 8 that went 1 and 2 or 0 and 2. We're not going to see any Legend of Sonicfox runs in this game. Too many great players with too much prior SF history, too many great players with too much anime/other game history and too many young, great players with very little SF history but with just retarded reactions and decision making. Just too many things

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipping Hedonist Joined: Posts: 3,322
    edited July 31
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Does SRK have a fashion thread? I feel like I need to learn how to dress.

    Bro....you ok?

    Lol yeah. I've just been taking an active interest in how I look. Even though I'm often wearing basketball shorts and a beater I really feel better about my self when I try to look nice. But other than super basic color coordination I have no idea how to really put an outfit together. Like Edmund said I also have to start working out, but that's a different side of the same coin.

    Basically I'm tired of looking like I don't care, since now I actually do to a degree.
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,758
    ZioSerpe wrote: »
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    He's got some weaknesses that get exposed despite being still awesome. Karin players are going to have to realise that spending meter on AA instead of saving it for high damage juggles might be a necessary switch in some matches. They hold onto that meter and try and ride out the mix ups, I'm not sure that's the correct play all of the time.

    Everyone gets figured out when you are the top dog, Daigo demolished infiltration after EVO in the run back remember. Bonchan with Luffy etc

    It's just the natural power struggle of something competitive.

    Karin EX dp isn't really reliable like a regular shoryuken,the forward momentum of the move and the hitbox force the player to be precise with the timing. Too early the invincibility runs out,too late it could whiff completely. I understand what you're saying,this Karin players weakness comes when they're too focused on the ground game,when that happens Karin big weak point (AA) comes out punctual. Funny how the characters who exposed this weakness are those with a gdlk st.mk button,even Tokido takes Punk busy with that then proceeded with his aerial offense. Like @ZioSerpe said Punk now needs to focus a bit more on improving this aspect of his game,while he's spending his time with other characters bouncing here and there from arcade sticks to pad people are catching up. Get a 2nd place means being the first of the losers and he didn't win a tournament since CEO.

    I gotta say though that up 'till EVO grand final Punk had shown to be an anti-air monster, I relly think he crumbled under the EVO pressure and he still has to shake it off.

    There's key moments in the match and ironically just like the game Punk just picked wrong. If Punk wins the last match when it's 2-1 Tokido, it's final round, low health both characters and Punk has full Critical art but loses to a bad choice - If he takes that round he goes into the last match at EVO point - Now Tokido is shitting himself.

    As it is, Tokido wins then Punk thumbs him up straight off the bat, no pause, no thoughts nothing and it goes downhill rapid.

    Punk at 18 will probably be up there with the best FG players of all time. Think of how good he's going to be in 3-4 years and still well in his prime, who's going to challenge him? The Gods will be well past it. It'll be up to guy's like Bonchan and maybe even Smug or Nuckledu who is still awesome. Basically Punk should be the next Daigo, he should actually be better than him although we don't know what the future of FGs holds.

    I did that video of the final last week if anyone wants to watch it, its's on my channel in my sig.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,777 mod
    Glad Idom won. Now people can see how truly busted Laura is, and no I don't mean her big tits.

    Nobody Asian watched that tournament so she'll survive the nerfs.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • shinbojanshinbojan Joined: Posts: 466
    I think nobody posted this yet:
  • Compact87Compact87 Wrong Turn Joined: Posts: 113
    It was 4:30 AM when top 8 started so i just watched first match when Punk rolled over Smug. I was like no point watching, this will be one man show so i went to bed. I did the same fkin thing with EVO...
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,777 mod
    That Tekken Input video takes 23 minutes to explain something that's been known about Namco netcode since SCIV. Good video for those that don't know though.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • shinbojanshinbojan Joined: Posts: 466
    The guy that made the video said that if you know the basics, you can skip the first 14 minutes.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,777 mod
    shinbojan wrote: »
    The guy that made the video said that if you know the basics, you can skip the first 14 minutes.

    I did that without even hearing him say that, but still.

    Video just reminded me I wish more games took after Skullgirls/Injustice and just gave rollback that doesn't rollback much with actual ping numbers and if you go by Skullgirls' route, input lag that you can manually choose if you're playing people far away.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • shinbojanshinbojan Joined: Posts: 466
    His old video is also still valid:

  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,762
    I wish the guy did the same to SFV to determine what ping is associated with 4-5 bars 'cause I'm pretty sure it's higher than what you see in Tekken.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 987
    I am watching Abuget cup right now, and I feel the need to ask this question again:
    When did Daigo eat an obese person? I see no other way he could have possibly become that fat
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,704
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Dime wrote: »
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Dime wrote: »
    Punk getting figured out. Niggas been in the lab studying. Didn't see anything new from punk versus idom, saw lots of new stuff from idom though. Good stuff to him.

    Idom guessing right on almost all of the stagger and frame trap mixups didn't hurt either, but punk has been doing that for over a year so.. makes sense that the best are starting to adapt... after a year.

    What Punk does isn't rocket science, he's just too good in doing that. I think he wasn't prepared to fight the best Laura around,because the matchup isn't that hard.

    He's beaten idom plenty of times already in the past. Idom played different (and great) in this set, he deserved to win. But yeah, punks stagger pressure is getting figured out. I don't know what game people were watching but idom teched plenty of punks throws in that set. He wasn't taking the throw, he was just guessing correctly on when the throw was coming or not, more often than not.

    When people get crazy with the stagger pressure I default to a super late tech that won't tech throws, but will keep me from eating big counterhits, while also protecting from really big stagger timings.

    But it's all a guess at the end of the day. If you just block then you just get staggered all day. If you just button then you just get frame trapped. If you just tech and late tech you just get shimmied. Gotta mix it up.

    Just finished to see the GF and after that I agree with you. Punk is still 'special',but simply people realized that taking a throw from Karin is better than getting shimmied 'til death,especially since her throw put her at disadvantage resetting the neutral freeing the opponent from Karin pressure. There's nothing more to find with Karin,the only thing I could suggest in that situation is just keep throwing 'til the corner. There Karin can throw loop everyone and with that in mind his typical staggering/shimmy game will be effective again.

    Yeah if you look at the match, idom just wasn't panicking like people usually do against punk. I figured out punks game a while ago. Doesnt mean I'd be able to beat it, but punks gameplay is pretty simple and he's been running it for a long time now.

    What he generally does is mix up staggers and frame traps. People get scared cause of the stagger pressure and try to back up, but that's when karins cr.mk hits them and punk confirms the low and cracks em. Eventually punk will either stagger to much and get hit by his opponents jab, or he will predict wring and do a frame trap, which basically ends his offense. Players have been givin him more than he deserves a lot of time because they try to back out of his stagger pressure and get hit low.

    If you've ever watched his other games on CFN he tends to use this play style even when he uses other characters.

    He does definitely need to adjust, but I don't know if that adjustment is just that he needs to read better or what. Idom was definitely going for throw techs though. He backthrew punk 2-3 times cause he was trying to defensively tech.

    The thing that idom WASNT doing was panicking to punks stagger pressure especially when punk was staggering outside throw range. You'll notice idom only really went for techs after karins st.lk

    Sometimes punk likes to throw after a blocked cr.mp, but I think he got a bit scared to do it against idom because idom was showing buttons during some stagger pressure.

    All in all punk just got outplayed. It happens. He's still the most consistent player out there. If you don't count wins in GF and only count grand finals appearances he's unquestionably the strongest player around. But he's been dropping the ball in GF a bit lately. Snake eyes, tokido, idom etc etc

    He may well go the infiltration route, maybe. Infil still can't win with a non dash happy style. Punk can't let go of the staggers... (with Karin)

    But this isn't to say that punk is any kind of weak LOL. Watching those matches, besides a couple of bad drops, punk was totally on his game. I don't feel like he beat himself, he just got beat. The game before idom, he was feeling confident enough to troll danslip with like 6 he's in a row. Punk wasn't in any kind of down mood. He got beat by a player playing out of his mind and with some new tricks.

    You look at idoms play and so much of it was "bullshit" run strings that are negative oki that was negative, the st.mk spam at the end... he changed up his game so much and so drastically tha punk didn't have time to adjust. And idom made fucking sure tha punk couldn't adjust by rushing him down and not giving him time to think up a plan. If there's anything punk really needs to do, he NEEDS to start taking a breather after losses to gather himself and relieve some of the momentum. Dude makes me wince everytime he readies up damn near instantly after a loss. Take yo time homie, think that shit through.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 273
    I did that video of the final last week if anyone wants to watch it, its's on my channel in my sig.

    Watched your breakdown vid of the EVO GF. Great job with that. The lead-in in particular was a very useful explanation of general SFV play and a good set up for the overall fight analysis.
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • YorKeYYorKeY Suffer like G did... Joined: Posts: 7,248
    edited July 31
    SFV has become much better as far as spectating goes, now that everyone's reached a competent level, as well as the discovery of the meta, and finding out what exactly works in this game, and what doesn't. This allows for faster gameplay, thus adding to the excitement. (remember vanilla MvC3 footage? Everyone was so bad, EVO 2011 level of play was so low on that game that it looked much slower)

    And finally, just the community itself adds to the enjoyment of spectating. Even though League, Dota, and CSGO have the most viewers, their chat is so shit compared to the FGC's, and even Max's chat.

    Edit:
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm


  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,326
    I wish the guy did the same to SFV to determine what ping is associated with 4-5 bars 'cause I'm pretty sure it's higher than what you see in Tekken.

    he did a new test for tekken where he did it


    and he ask at the end if he should make a updated version of the test with sfV included so go to the comment section and tell him you want to see it.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,762
    edited July 31
    appomo wrote: »
    I wish the guy did the same to SFV to determine what ping is associated with 4-5 bars 'cause I'm pretty sure it's higher than what you see in Tekken.

    he did a new test for tekken where he did it

    I was reacting to that very video and I already posted that in the comment section.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 9,368
    edited July 31
    I know that st.MK was gonna be the death of that nigga. IDom basically was using it as a way to avoid the shimmy situation all together. Any time Punk had Laura in the corner he spent too much fucking time trying to get IDom open up. If IDom throws out st.MK at range he's only -2 so it's like why the fuck not?

    I kept thinking to myself stop nigga just stop he's either gonna take the throw or use st.MK. That normal though.... that normal is fucking retarded. It comes out fast as fuck and feels like it's plus 30 on block.
    Post edited by TWINBLADES on
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,777 mod
    It might actually be plus 30 on block with a VTC.


    I still can't get over that Injustice pause. Ed Noob the savior.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,762
    Idom wasn't just throwing out st. MK randomly in the corner though, he was waiting for Punk to dash in again to tag him on reaction. Indeed, Punk caught up on that during the last set, as he faked the dash and whiff punished st. MK.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 273
    Idom's can-can dancing was pretty great. He had some very funny moments with it - when he threw like 8 in a row near the end of GF I actually laughed.

    It looked to me like he knew very well how to space the st.MK so that his opponent's would have trouble stealing back their turn. Fast moves like jabs and shorts are really stubby in SFV for the most part, and if they hesitate st.MK is fast enough that it can feasibly beat out counter mediums. Or he'd just dip out and reset.

    Good stuff, especially for someone still getting a handle on the character. I really like the way Idom plays her in general from what I've seen of his matches.
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • AlkipotAlkipot Speeches are for campaigning... now is the time for action! Joined: Posts: 1,882
    Laura finally wins something and people lose their shit, love it! Karin has a better ground game imo but that sexy blender can still catch you.

    Just saw the no handshake at the end of Punk and idom. Mountain of salt, Beautiful!
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,777 mod
    edited July 31
    Wolfkrone tends to play a bit more controlled in tournament (not so much 99 second jump Wolfkrone), but in general there's 2 different styles where you feel Wolfkrone wants to go in and press to win (especially vs other offensive/mobile characters) whereas Idom has this strange patience with a character like Laura. Interesting to see a Laura player make Punk hang himself of all characters.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


This discussion has been closed.