SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,357
    Volt wrote: »
    septic wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Why are there way more pros using Abigail than Ed and Kolin?

Is it even practical to land that starter though? Does it have armor?

You don't need to charge if they quick/back rise dp, since they'll have some stun built already. You can react to their dp, activate vtrigger, land a crush counter s.hp and do the rest of the combo. It will do less damage, I think, but if they quick/backrise wakeup dp your sweep, you can stun Necalli, Ibuki, Cammy, Ryu, and probably Ed and Urien. Ken is a motherfucker, and his ex dp is so long that his stun bar will get back to zero by the time you punish him. Cammy is tricky because she lands really far. You can charge the punch against Akuma, since he have a really long recovery. Didn't test against Rashid's mashed dp, Juri is irrelevant, and I don't own Guile.
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,661
    Daemos wrote: »
    JokeeBoi wrote: »
    The V system in SFV is fucking dumb. I'll fight anybody that disagrees. Crush Counter are also dumb.

I like SFV.

I like you, I don't want to fight. :sad:

At the very least it should have been executed better. V-skills are a fucking joke for half the cast, V-reversals are a shit defensive option that people rarely use because they'd rather save up for that big V-trigger comeback. Which is the worst, I would rather get hit by a fucking wake-up ultra than stray hit into canned sequence into stun. Every time someone activates V-trigger it's like they went back to the character select screen to grab a better character to fight with.

I miss SF1 where you had to punch the big buttons for moves, that was a good mechanic. I'm just venting, had a rough run through ranked earlier. Even when I was winning I felt frustrated. I do genuinely like SFV. :bluu:
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 8,317
    The V system in SFV is fucking dumb. I'll fight anybody that disagrees. Crush Counter are also dumb.

I like SFV.

No
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • amrraedamrraed put WW in SF5 Joined: Posts: 4,334
    Neclord wrote: »
    Ye I am really surprised by the lack of Ed players in tournaments.

If you look at the stats I posted I earlier, there wasn't a single Ed player in top 32 of the last 9 tournaments.

Nobody likes his huge bulge.

Ed is hard to win with. He is honest in the pressure department.
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven.

PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,972
    Summer Jam kinda boring so far.

Only K-Brad on commentary, wtf is that.

Think I am gonna go to sleep so I can watch top 8 of Japan Cup in 8 hours.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,864

I like SFV.

Can we disagree peacefully? I don't want to get bopped again.

Is Summer Jam still going on? Does anybody got the stream link?

• VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,405
    edited August 13
    willseless wrote: »
    septic wrote: »
    Why are there way more pros using Abigail than Ed and Kolin?

Is it even practical to land that starter though? Does it have armor?

You don't need to charge if they quick/back rise dp, since they'll have some stun built already. You can react to their dp, activate vtrigger, land a crush counter s.hp and do the rest of the combo. It will do less damage, I think, but if they quick/backrise wakeup dp your sweep, you can stun Necalli, Ibuki, Cammy, Ryu, and probably Ed and Urien. Ken is a motherfucker, and his ex dp is so long that his stun bar will get back to zero by the time you punish him. Cammy is tricky because she lands really far. You can charge the punch against Akuma, since he have a really long recovery. Didn't test against Rashid's mashed dp, Juri is irrelevant, and I don't own Guile.

Not in the World Lounges. I'm telling you man, this ain't no conspiracy theory, everybody here got a Juri.

The main problem with the V-System is that the V-Reversals are bad for the most part.
    If they weren't, people would actually need to choose what to do with that V-Meter, and characters like Balrog would be a lot more manageable, since you could pressure them into burning V-Meter with VR and robbing their Trigger shenanigans or simply overwhelm them if they don't use VRs.

Some V-Skills are definitely just really bad. It's no surprise that people with bad V-Skills are hanging in the low tier.
    (Except Juri, her problem is her Trigger, her V-Skill is good and probably the best lag strat.)

The mere fact that most characters can't really sacrifice some damage to combo into V-Skill and build V-Gauge gimps V-Skills by itself. Why are they not treated like Special Cancels!?

And I still don't know the purpose of Ken's Trigger now that Kick TC naturally combos into H Tatsu. Why is it 3-Bars. Why does the activation have a ridiculous dash that makes it punishable outside of combos unlike the rest of the cast? Why won't they fix his teeth?

I have so many questions!!!
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,137
    And I still don't know the purpose of Ken's Trigger now that Kick TC naturally combos into H Tatsu.

It makes his whiff punish game super dangerous once he gets it. Any cr.mp or st.mp turns into a full combo, most likely lands them in the corner where Ken does really well and can get a ton of damage while still in V-trigger. A V-trigger that doesn't drain when he uses special moves I might add.

...now I miss playing Ken. I wish his normals were better. :sad:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,776
    All they need to do is tone down the combo potential from crush counters.
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,600

but then that would be boring to play
    maybe minor reduction to dmg on CC?
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,274

I like SFV.

CC is one of the few things I really like about the game.
    But I think it has to do which characters a person uses.
    Stubby normal characters are usually inaccurately playing juicebox style pre emptive wiff buffering and counter poking footsies... not real, reactive footsies or spacing footsies... CC punishes that inaccurate style of play to a good extent... so I personally love em.

Having said that, when using a character with stubby normals CC is greatly annoying.

The solution is simple. Capcom design a better game without stubby normals and lack of canceling in the neutral game. But as long as that isn't happening, CC are awesome to beat people that just want to inaccurately press buttons all day.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 4,992
    edited August 13
    Since someone mentioned the whole motion blur thing, thank christ you can turn that off on PC... also, post-processing on max makes the game look so bad, I dunno how anyone can stand it :S
    You wrote: »
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    You wrote: »
    wow, i was watching some fantasy strike videos, and the game looks like it's plagued by so many terrible mechanics. Instead of teching throws or jumping/dashing away, you just have to let go of your controller to not get thrown, and if you succeed you get a punish. Wtf?

Oh, I guess doing nothing is too hard for you. You should totally e-mail David Sirlin about that.

It isn't hard but it's just a dumb idea

it was a joke, in the latest A-Core video he said these exact words in regards to the mechanic (in a trash talk way that is)
    itzpookiie wrote: »

but then that would be boring to play
    maybe minor reduction to dmg on CC?

They could start by making all crush counter normals be punishable, Urien and Balrog having a safe crush counter is dumb for how much they get off of it.
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
    @Jerom I'm hungry and salty you keep beating my baby. Gonna take a break.

I hate you though. Just remember that!!!!!!!!!
  • JeromJerom Joined: Posts: 907
    @Jerom I'm hungry and salty you keep beating my baby. Gonna take a break.

I hate you though. Just remember that!!!!!!!!!

<3 You did realize how to bait my parry though which was really good. Unfortunately for Cammy Abby has several other ways to smack her out of the air. Your Kolin is very good too but im still trying to learning how to not get hit by her vskill.

Also wtf even Abigail with his long massive arms he still suffers from a bit of the trex limbs with his followups not connecting
    CFN: Jeromy
    gief abby
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,021
    edited August 13
    Anyone wanna play?
    Wanna break in a new a new pad
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,746
    V system had potential to be cool. If V-skills weren't shitty and were the primary method of building gauge instead of getting hit or landing CCs it'd be miles better. Of course V-skills overall would need buffs, cuz a lot of them are risky and some characters would never get a full V gauge off V skill alone.
    Can my anti air please not trade
    edited August 13
    Froztey wrote: »
    Knew it was a Twinblades post within a millisecond

To be fair, nobody here but him even speaks about Kolin. It's like me and Karin, ain't nobody got time fo' that!

Juri on the other hand...
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • FrozteyFroztey The Ascended One Joined: Posts: 8,508 mod
    All you mf'ers who dropped Juri while she was bottom tier aren't allowed to reinstate into the club.
    @A10metal I'm down if you still want games. CFN is the same as here
    All you mf'ers who dropped Juri while she was bottom tier aren't allowed to reinstate into the club.

Does it count if I never picked her up?
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,137

Too bad, if she gets enough buffs Imma pick her back up anyway. :coffee:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,873
    Who's Juri?

the daughter of aghata
    LMAO that nigga @A10metal so mad he switched to his main. Stop grabbing me :bawling:

Wait, who's his main? Mika?
    Man this is exactly what I'm talking about, I'm beating this dude's ass but as soon as he gets VTrigger it's a wrap. Shit's so dumb :bluu:
    edited August 13
    YO WTF, I read that wakeup super but it moved away from my punish!!!!

GG's @A10metal I gotta go. Your Urien is gross :arazz:
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,600
    edited August 13
    LMAO that nigga @A10metal so mad he switched to his main. Stop grabbing me :bawling:

Wait, who's his main? Mika?

urien
    necalli stand jabs killing ex divekicks lol
    edited August 13
    Gg
    @JokeeBoi
    I should pick up Mika again
  • FrozteyFroztey The Ascended One Joined: Posts: 8,508 mod
    Which top level players have had zero success since SFV released? I've seen almost every big name I saw in SFIV top 8 and most of the bigger names have taken a tournament at this point.
    A10metal wrote: »
    Gg
    @JokeeBoi

I figured you went with Mika to give me a free set after that Urien struggle. That Abigail stuff was good but he's free as fuck on wakeup, makes it easy for Alex to maul him.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 7,287

Thank youse for link that was entertaining to watch.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,051

We call that bandwagoning.
    edited August 13
    A10metal wrote: »
    Gg
    @JokeeBoi

I figured you went with Mika to give me a free set after that Urien struggle. That Abigail stuff was good but he's free as fuck on wakeup, makes it easy for Alex to maul him.

I dunno I feel like I was playing like shit during those sets, I struggle with Alex already. I play like a idiot against him
  • GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 2,874
    Which top level players have had zero success since SFV released? I've seen almost every big name I saw in SFIV top 8 and most of the bigger names have taken a tournament at this point.

Among those who have continued playing, I'd say all the usual suspects have managed expected levels of success in SFV by now, though we have seen some shuffles in positions. Daigo being a good example (yet to is making a semi-comeback of late).

Things certainly started rocky for a few. If I was to name one high level player who perhaps hasn't performed to the levels expected, I'd say Mago.
    Guacamole is awesome.
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,569

Side not 2. Fang will never be god tier because of how he plays so I had to put him on the list.

They should stop beating around the bush and just turn him into an actual trap character.
    "Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,051
    the7k wrote: »

Side not 2. Fang will never be god tier because of how he plays so I had to put him on the list.

They should stop beating around the bush and just turn him into an actual trap character.

Ahem.......capcom....
    Guile too good nerf!!!!
    I always hated playing against Guile as Laura. I don't like it as Kolin but I don't think it's impossible.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,364

Hagejin and Pepeday maybe?
    I mean I wouldn't have put them in the top 10 players of SF4, but they weren't that far off.
    There's a lot of good players that haven't been seen in SFV, all of the SF4 EVO/Capcom Cup contenders all adapted well to SFV though.
    Even Poongko is hella good even though he lacks results.

Then again, maybe Hagejin didn't bother with SFV at all and Pepeday played fucking Fuerte so that doesn't really count as being a SF player.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    I can't speak to Hagejin but I almost certain that Pepeday doesn't really play SFV. You can't place if you don't enter tournaments.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,364
    Also there's too many fighting games going on this weekend. Barely caught anything. Why they do so much stuff on The International weekend?
    CFN: NaughtySenpai