The Street Fighter V General: Orbs, Orbs Everywhere

Comments

• Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,362
    Also grodd got a bunch of damage buffs he didn't really need, and none of his actual issues were addressed yay

I thought Ed Noob was incapable of Capcom patching mishaps. Buff generic things that only help the character when they're in a position that they barely have the tools to get in for.

Lord Boon isn't in charge of the patching

Paulo is

ask any NRS fan what they think of Paulo you might have to run when the shotgun is brought out.

Is there an Infiltration of Aquaman to declare that Aquaman is dead?

Don't need someone to tell you aquaman is dead just looking at the patch notes its plenty apparent.

his uppercut is now worse(although its still gonna be the best in the game to be fair)
    his plus on block combo starting string is now negative on block
    trident does less chip
    his entire bnb combo structure has been thrown out because from the deep ex no longer is a combo initiator. gotta use back scoop now or some shit which means you are always switching sides so cornering someone gonna be super hard.
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument GG EZ Joined: Posts: 1,804
    Just let asw do the models for sf6. After seeing dbfz in motion, you can see how accurate they are to the source material. I want to see this picture moving on a 2d plane with 3rd strike animation.

Ryu3sport.gif

No... I don't really like ASW animations. I'd rather not have 3D models try to look like sprites.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 31
    shinbojan wrote: »
    The guy that made the video said that if you know the basics, you can skip the first 14 minutes.

I did that without even hearing him say that, but still.

Video just reminded me I wish more games took after Skullgirls/Injustice and just gave rollback that doesn't rollback much with actual ping numbers and if you go by Skullgirls' route, input lag that you can manually choose if you're playing people far away.

Injustice online sucks. Too much input lag even in low pings. They should give the option to set input lag like skullgirls and ggpo xbla games.

sounds like scrub talk to me, input delay is perfectly fine. Injustice 2 online is still the best in the market for real fighting games that are played by more than 7 people.

So it's scrub talk to prefer rollback to input delay? Do you think giving players the ability to reduce or increase input lag to their preference is a bad idea?
    CFN ScootMagee
    The guy that made the video said that if you know the basics, you can skip the first 14 minutes.

Video just reminded me I wish more games took after Skullgirls/Injustice and just gave rollback that doesn't rollback much with actual ping numbers and if you go by Skullgirls' route, input lag that you can manually choose if you're playing people far away.

Injustice online sucks. Too much input lag even in low pings. They should give the option to set input lag like skullgirls and ggpo xbla games.

sounds like scrub talk to me, input delay is perfectly fine. Injustice 2 online is still the best in the market for real fighting games that are played by more than 7 people.

So it's scrub talk to prefer rollback to input delay? Do you think giving players the ability to reduce or increase input lag to their preference is a bad idea?

I think its scrub talk to make up imaginary stuff yeah. The game is eminently playable online and is one of the flagship standards of what fighting game online should be like.
  • VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipping Hedonist Joined: Posts: 3,324
    Also grodd got a bunch of damage buffs he didn't really need, and none of his actual issues were addressed yay

I thought Ed Noob was incapable of Capcom patching mishaps. Buff generic things that only help the character when they're in a position that they barely have the tools to get in for.

PREACH! Capcom gets on my nerves with that shit.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,794 mod
    There's things about ASW's style that I don't like as well. Not a big fan of the cutting frames to make it look like 2d animation. Just looks weird to me when it's not actually sprites.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

I think its scrub talk to make up imaginary stuff yeah. The game is eminently playable online and is one of the flagship standards of what fighting game online should be like.

What are you talking about? The game plays drastically different online.
    CFN ScootMagee
    edited July 31

lol no it doesn't, unless you are on on dime store internet or garbage wifi or something.
    edited July 31

lol no it doesn't, unless you are on on dime store internet or garbage wifi or something.

So added input delay doesn't change the game? Do you only play online?
    CFN ScootMagee

So added input delay doesn't change the game?

If its there its like a frame and completely unnoticable yeah. I have a hojillion games under my belt offline and on and I can't tell any difference.

If its there its like a frame and completely unnoticable yeah. I have a hojillion games under my belt offline and on and I can't tell any difference.

A frame? ok lol.
    CFN ScootMagee

A frame? ok lol.

sorry you dumb and bad scrub, can't be helped I guess.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero LOL @ SRK Functions trying to withstand spellcasting Joined: Posts: 3,127
    NRS games?

I favor the Batman, Sub-zero, Bane, and Super Girl (Power Girl) for Injustice 2.
    Patiently waiting for Starfire.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Whip, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Jin [Xiaoyu, Eliza, M. Raven, Lee, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??? (Cammy, Menat, Ryu, Bison, Ibuki)
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Man the more I look at it I can't believe how disappointed I am in this injustice 2 patch. Just slap on "more damage lol" for swamp thing and grodd ignoring all the issues, wonder woman is technically "better" but to zero sum game and it won't effect any of her matchups even the slightest bit and she will still lose bad to basically anyone with a projectile.

Maybe its time I put injustice on break for a bit...

giphy.gif

hehehehhe you fool. Putting your trust in Ed Coons westaboo fighting game knockoff is now showing you why NRS will never sit at the table with the big boys.

hahahahahahaha you should have listened to me and now you'll suffer. CC is the only way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted grodd to be not the worst thing ever

or failing that, for swamp thing not to be the second worst thing ever

giphy.gif
    edited July 31
    Man the more I look at it I can't believe how disappointed I am in this injustice 2 patch. Just slap on "more damage lol" for swamp thing and grodd ignoring all the issues, wonder woman is technically "better" but to zero sum game and it won't effect any of her matchups even the slightest bit and she will still lose bad to basically anyone with a projectile.

Oh come on man. You went from dropping a game that didn't have enough "reactive defense" to a game that I'm sure has miles of it, Then a big monster truck hokuto no ken bad guy looking dude is enough to bring you right back into it?

Then on the same token a big huge monkey character (which you should basically never complain about because it's a monkey) gets some extra buffs (even if they're not the right ones) and you're ready to take a hiatus from Noob's game?

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited July 31

A frame? ok lol.

sorry you dumb and bad scrub, can't be helped I guess.

But I never even said anything about wins and losses. I just don't think the online is as great as you say it is. If you can't feel the difference online then more power to you lol. Probably just a lack of experience but that's ok.
    CFN ScootMagee

Oh come on man. You went from dropping a game that didn't have enough "reactive defense" to a game that I'm sure has miles of it, Then a big monster truck hokuto no ken bad guy looking dude is enough to bring you right back into it?

Then on the same token a big huge monkey character (which you should basically never complain about because it's a monkey) gets some extra buffs (even if they're not the right ones) and you're ready to take a hiatus from Noob's game?

Its within my right to be hella disappointed when the promised time of patch is at hand to save your bad characters and instead they get the most tone deaf changes ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,173

It's time for you to finally accept your fate and leave the trash behind!

The engine is the force that,
    Drives the Vroom on.
    From morning to night,
    From dusk to dawn.
    As long as it has gas and air,
    The power and the force are there.
    All the cylinders going up and down.
    The camshaft and crankshaft keep turning around.
    The engine is a perfect friend.
    Because it goes on until the end.

Vroom! Vroom! Vroom! Rrrrt! Ha ha ha!
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Juri, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine

>>> My Top 10 Waifu list <<<

Its within my right to be hella disappointed when the promised time of patch is at hand to save your bad characters and instead they get the most tone deaf changes ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a monkey so you should be grateful by default.

Let's pretend that you shouldn't be grateful by default, then can't just you just pray to Lord Noob to ask Pablo or whatever his name is to do actual fixes that are worthy of the NRS lineage?

Best thing about the Injustice 2 patch is the alternate controls fix. The game no longer stores held directional inputs for dashes. You can now move properly in alt controls.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 9,388
    Abby is more tournament viable than Grodd :coffee:
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
    Best thing about the Injustice 2 patch is the alternate controls fix. The game no longer stores held directional inputs for dashes. You can now move properly in alt controls.

Speaking of the netcode thing, I remember @MochaLatte sharing similar sentiments about the game feeling naturally laggy and that he generally didn't like the netcode for the game. I said that since the Cannon brothers helped with the netcode it was probably legitimately pretty gdlk (they also helped with KI's netcode), but I guess there could be underlying things or it's not quite as good as advertise etc.

edited July 31

Speaking of the netcode thing, I remember @MochaLatte sharing similar sentiments about the game feeling naturally laggy and that he generally didn't like the netcode for the game. I said that since the Cannon brothers helped with the netcode it was probably legitimately pretty gdlk (they also helped with KI's netcode), but I guess there could be underlying things or it's not quite as good as advertise etc.

The netcode is significantly improved over the older NRS games. They do use some sort of rollback with the netcode but the game auto sets the delay based on ping numbers. IMO the delay is set a bit too high to offset the rollback. That's why I always advocated a setting for the delay so that everyone is happy.

It's like playing ggpo and setting the input lag to like 5 or 6 frames to avoid any rollback at all.
    CFN ScootMagee
    edited July 31

Speaking of the netcode thing, I remember sharing similar sentiments about the game feeling naturally laggy and that he generally didn't like the netcode for the game. I said that since the Cannon brothers helped with the netcode it was probably legitimately pretty gdlk (they also helped with KI's netcode), but I guess there could be underlying things or it's not quite as good as advertise etc.

The netcode is significantly improved over the older NRS games. They do use some sort of rollback with the netcode but the game auto sets the delay based on ping numbers. IMO the delay is set a bit too high to offset the rollback. That's why I always advocated a setting for the delay so that everyone is happy.

It's like playing ggpo and setting the input lag to like 5 or 6 frames to avoid any rollback at all.

Funny enough I was figuring that's what they did. Scrubs don't like visual rollbacks so if you just rack the delay all the way up the game has no lag great netcode yaya

TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Abby is more tournament viable than Grodd :coffee:

I think Abigail beats bison, so at least he has at least one good match. Grodd doesn't have even that :(

Grodd needs to rally Gorilla city and capture Paulo and the rest of the people responsible for balance

I'm so sad that I bought Injustice 2 as a virtual copy.

Now I have to sit on that piece of shit for as long as the Sony servers are up, instead of being able to sell it.

I thought you liked Injustice? You shouldn't have to sell it then.

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,526
    edited July 31

Now I have to sit on that piece of shit for as long as the Sony servers are up, instead of being able to sell it.

I was just thirsty for anything that is not SFV.

Couple of weeks in a game with garbage sound design, garbage controls and garbage visual design and I'm done with it forever.
    Was the worst investment I have made in recent times.

Actually that's kind of blown outta proportion.
    I had fun with the story mode and arcade mode and hanging a bit in training mode.

Kind of just not getting the hours out of it, that I expect from a fighting game.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    edited July 31

I was just thirsty for anything that is not SFV.

Couple of weeks in a game with garbage sound design, garbage controls and garbage visual design and I'm done with it forever.
    Was the worst investment I have made in recent times.

It sounded like you liked the game legitimately for at least those first weeks. Didn't know it changed that fast.

Oh well at least Noob is getting ousted as not the savior. Anime is the way

EDIT: Just read the edit. Yeah I would say that was blown out a bit. Either way, Noob is not the savior

• MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,207
    Vhozite wrote: »

PREACH! Capcom gets on my nerves with that shit.

Sounds like most of Juri's Season 2 buffs
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
    edited July 31
    Boon is the only saviour

its simply the folly of mans touch that lessen and pervert his great works
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,639
    ZioSerpe wrote: »
    I am watching Abuget cup right now, and I feel the need to ask this question again:
    When did Daigo eat an obese person? I see no other way he could have possibly become that fat

hmmm let's see....

- Approaching 40's
    - Professional gamer
    - Does nothing but play fighting games all day long
    - Has no day job
    - Has no girlfriend, wife, or kids
    - Constantly consumes energy drinks provided by the sponsors
    - Probably has very little physical activity outside of travelling to foreign tournaments

Nah, there's no way Daigo could become fat
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Boon is the only saviour

its simply the folly of man touch that lessen and pervert his great works

Is that like those Church ministers that use the bible to collect money and create fake miracles to people's physical health?

• flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,443
    I dunno, I think street fighters look was lost when they went to 3D. Sfiv looked awful and the big hands/feet look weird in sfv. I don't want ryu to look like a hobbit anymore.

I just miss the sprite days :disappointed:
This discussion has been closed.