The Street fighter V General: Tokido Still Murdering :`-(

Comments

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,333
    Nope, I'm still playing like a retard from yesterday's Bison taunting.
    Rehab time.
  • YorKeYYorKeY By the end of his career Lebron James > Jordan. LA Misses Kobe Byrant. Joined: Posts: 6,806
    edited August 13
    Anime metal!

Damn, Decapre in Resident Evil, that doesn't make sense, but why does it feel like it does, I picture her being a red blur moving super fast like Jill and Wesker.

That is what I will draw this week! Decapre X RE
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: Mika, Kolin (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: TBD
    BlazBlue CTB: TBD
    DBFZ: TBD
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy 7 and Max Payne 2
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,823
    Volt wrote: »
    Got bored, checked where exactly I placed at EVO.

769th. Kinda what I expected. Higher than LTG apparently which is...something I guess? Probably not. :razz:

Sorta want to change my tag though. "LordWilliam" doesn't really roll off the tongue and sounds pretentious when my name is being called...just got no ideas for a good alternative at the moment.

EDIT: WildLink will do I suppose. Think I'll keep my username the same on here though.

WillLab4Booty.

I was thinking WillTrick4Thiccness but yours is better.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Another shade of empty, another shade of blue, another shade of yellow, Sunset yellow ..." Joined: Posts: 2,962
    edited August 13
    Do you guys have any tips on correcting bad habits?

I reviewed some of my latest losses this morning and noted like 26 areas where I need to improve. I posted them in this spoiler if anyone would be patient enough to read through them. The notes are very detailed, so I understand not doing it, but I would appreciate it greatly...

However, just general tips on fixing bad habits (like sweeping at point blank range, mashing buttons when pressured in the corner, doing too many jump-in attacks, etc), would also be appreciated.

1. Still throwing out bad DP's:
    - Did a DP at the very start of round before opponent could even jump
    - Did a DP after blocking an opponent's special, and since my DP will have slow startup, the opponent will most likely block it, which they did

2. I am free to neutral jumps and cross-ups on wake up, and even cross-ups in neutral (especially when I'm pressing buttons - if the opponent is out of the range for my buttons, I don't need to be pressing every button under the sun. Press buttons when I'm in the range, or maybe if they try to walk forward, but don't just mash buttons).

3. After I knock someone down, I may try to neutral jump them on their wake up, but it seems like I'll do it based on a normal rise timing and not may attention to what the opponent is actually doing. In one instance, they did a quick-rise and had come up before I even jumped. I tried to jump after they already stood up, but they were able to jab me and follow it up with a combo.

4. During a match, I'm not learning when an opponent has spotted a weakness of mine and exploits it:
    - One opponent AA'd one of my jump in attacks during neutral, and yet, I did it again, where he AA'd that one as well, and then jumped in at this opponent two more times, and was punished (over the course of two matches). It seems that I have a tendency to jump in when we're just standing around in neutral and I'm within jumping distance, perhaps I'm bored, or impatient, but it's not a good strategy, particularly against someone who constantly AA's my jump-in attempts. Walking/dashing forward would be a better thing to do, as it will startup the action again, and would have less risk.

5. I'm still not learning my opponent's tendencies:
    - One opponent would only either neutral jump my wake-up or throw, and with that in mind, I should have been able to do at least block or reverse every wake-up, but I didn't.

6. I need to follow-up with my frame traps. If I do Cr. HP and it's blocked, but then follow up with St. MP and it hits, I need to combo off of that MP.

7. Stop sweeping at point black range!

8. Don't start a round with any move automatically, wait to see what the opponent does, or doesn't do.

9. When I'm in the corner, I seem to just buttons without really paying attention to what my opponent is doing. For examples, if they're near me and pressuring me, I may just mash throw, despite them attacking me.

10. I still will try a jumping attack on an opponent is too close to land a jumping HP on, yet a cross-up attack will do, but I'll still throw out the HP which will whiff

11. Need to know the range of my opponent's normals. I walked up to a crouching Vega, who has a very long reach claw attack, and he just swiped at me for free once I was within his range.

12. Need to know when it's safe to punish opponents, Cammy's V-skill is safe on block, yet, I will throw out jabs after it to try and punish her and she'll get a Counter.

13. Do not do you HP ~ HP target combo on a blocking opponent, the recovery of the second hit is very long.

14. STOP MASHING BUTTONS!

15. If I don't have time for an AA DP, do B+ HP. Or, sometimes I do have the time, but have to be very quick with the execution, particularly if I'm still recovering from a whiffed button, or they're jumping in at close range. These are also great times for B + HP.

16. Only do Raging Demon if it will kill the opponent. If an opponent is jumping in and I have both bars, I could activate V-Trigger, do my normal CA, and still have the V-Trigger for a portion of this fight. Using a Raging Demon that won't finish off an opponent, just strips away my most powerful resources.

17. When walking forward, I need to make a conscious effort to stop pressing forward before doing an attack, unless it's like F+HP, and that's my goal:
    - I often walk forward but then try to throw a fireball and a DP will come out that is usually punished.
    - Sometimes, I walk forward and to try throw a standing MP, but still hold forward so an overhead comes out, which has a long startup, and is very punishable if blocked.

18. Work on my Crush Counter combos. I need to find out the spacing where a walk forward and LK Tatsu is too far. If I need to do MK Tatsu, don't bother following it up with a DP, as I often whiff and usually get punished for it.

19. If going for Air-to-Air attacks don't use HP. Use MP to get the first hit.

20. Don't try to throw when too far for it to reach. I once did a Cr. HP which was blocked and then tried to throw without walking forward.

21. Get better at hit-confirming. Don't throw a Tatsu after a two-hit hit confirm if the opponent blocked both normals.

22. Don't do LK Tatsu at crouching opponents.

23. When I have a chance to Crush Counter a whiffed DP, do it and take full advantage of it.

24. Continue blocking until I see an opening, which probably wouldn't be until after a special attack, and likely most hard normals, and overheads.

25. Remember to neutral jump on my wake up against characters with command grabs.

26. Don't throw out supers raw. A lot of times, I'll be trying to use my special as a counter and will get within range of it to hit and will just throw it out while we're both in neutral, and if they're not pressing a button, they'll just block it, which happens a lot. Also, there are times I try to use it as an AA, which is fine and often hits, but often I'm too late and the opponent can land and block by the time the active frames come out.

Some of these I can probably work on through Training and then doing Casual Matches while being okay to lose and just trying to work on these during actual matches (such as 2, 3, 6, 10, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21, and 22).

But the majority of the items are just bad habits that I can't seem to shake - most of which I've been doing since day 1.

Be curious about what each round yields.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,212
    edited August 13
    @KingCrimson

Born free has a pertinent video. Basically stop worrying about the result of the match and focus on working and learning. Replace the word tech or combo with anything on that list of shit you want to fix

• itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,535
    anyone want to get some matches in?
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 8,251
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    anyone want to get some matches in?

Here
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 267
    Froztey wrote: »
    The main reply for all of the points above could be simply: stop doing it. Like literally, try to do entire games forcing yourself to not do those things, even if the opponent gives you good occasions to do them. Don't DP even if you know they're gonna press buttons on wakeup, don't jump on them even if you're in a crossup situations, don't sweep even if you see them walking backward... etc. Do it a couple sets for every mistake you've listed until you start resisting the urge of doing it all the time. When you've done that you'll start understanding when and how to jump, at which points it's a good idea to DP...

Also neutral jumping against command grabs isn't always a good idea, because 1. most of those characters also have air grabs 2. they are sometimes negative on your wakeup and you don't always need to be scared about pressing buttons.

This is bad advice

You're white

What does being white have to do with anything?
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,513
    The main reply for all of the points above could be simply: stop doing it. Like literally, try to do entire games forcing yourself to not do those things, even if the opponent gives you good occasions to do them. Don't DP even if you know they're gonna press buttons on wakeup, don't jump on them even if you're in a crossup situations, don't sweep even if you see them walking backward... etc. Do it a couple sets for every mistake you've listed until you start resisting the urge of doing it all the time. When you've done that you'll start understanding when and how to jump, at which points it's a good idea to DP...

Also neutral jumping against command grabs isn't always a good idea, because 1. most of those characters also have air grabs 2. they are sometimes negative on your wakeup and you don't always need to be scared about pressing buttons.

This is bad advice

You're white

Many things. Shall I list them?
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    Dudley is black

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited August 13
    @itzpookiie you can keep chucking those balls but I'm just gonna be stubborn and do what I want. This is the new age of fundamentals.

This is my era!!!!!!!
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 730
    Do you guys have any tips on correcting bad habits?

I reviewed some of my latest losses this morning and noted like 26 areas where I need to improve. I posted them in this spoiler if anyone would be patient enough to read through them. The notes are very detailed, so I understand not doing it, but I would appreciate it greatly...

However, just general tips on fixing bad habits (like sweeping at point blank range, mashing buttons when pressured in the corner, doing too many jump-in attacks, etc), would also be appreciated.

1. Still throwing out bad DP's:
    - Did a DP at the very start of round before opponent could even jump
    - Did a DP after blocking an opponent's special, and since my DP will have slow startup, the opponent will most likely block it, which they did

2. I am free to neutral jumps and cross-ups on wake up, and even cross-ups in neutral (especially when I'm pressing buttons - if the opponent is out of the range for my buttons, I don't need to be pressing every button under the sun. Press buttons when I'm in the range, or maybe if they try to walk forward, but don't just mash buttons).

3. After I knock someone down, I may try to neutral jump them on their wake up, but it seems like I'll do it based on a normal rise timing and not may attention to what the opponent is actually doing. In one instance, they did a quick-rise and had come up before I even jumped. I tried to jump after they already stood up, but they were able to jab me and follow it up with a combo.

4. During a match, I'm not learning when an opponent has spotted a weakness of mine and exploits it:
    - One opponent AA'd one of my jump in attacks during neutral, and yet, I did it again, where he AA'd that one as well, and then jumped in at this opponent two more times, and was punished (over the course of two matches). It seems that I have a tendency to jump in when we're just standing around in neutral and I'm within jumping distance, perhaps I'm bored, or impatient, but it's not a good strategy, particularly against someone who constantly AA's my jump-in attempts. Walking/dashing forward would be a better thing to do, as it will startup the action again, and would have less risk.

5. I'm still not learning my opponent's tendencies:
    - One opponent would only either neutral jump my wake-up or throw, and with that in mind, I should have been able to do at least block or reverse every wake-up, but I didn't.

6. I need to follow-up with my frame traps. If I do Cr. HP and it's blocked, but then follow up with St. MP and it hits, I need to combo off of that MP.

7. Stop sweeping at point black range!

8. Don't start a round with any move automatically, wait to see what the opponent does, or doesn't do.

9. When I'm in the corner, I seem to just buttons without really paying attention to what my opponent is doing. For examples, if they're near me and pressuring me, I may just mash throw, despite them attacking me.

10. I still will try a jumping attack on an opponent is too close to land a jumping HP on, yet a cross-up attack will do, but I'll still throw out the HP which will whiff

11. Need to know the range of my opponent's normals. I walked up to a crouching Vega, who has a very long reach claw attack, and he just swiped at me for free once I was within his range.

12. Need to know when it's safe to punish opponents, Cammy's V-skill is safe on block, yet, I will throw out jabs after it to try and punish her and she'll get a Counter.

13. Do not do you HP ~ HP target combo on a blocking opponent, the recovery of the second hit is very long.

14. STOP MASHING BUTTONS!

15. If I don't have time for an AA DP, do B+ HP. Or, sometimes I do have the time, but have to be very quick with the execution, particularly if I'm still recovering from a whiffed button, or they're jumping in at close range. These are also great times for B + HP.

16. Only do Raging Demon if it will kill the opponent. If an opponent is jumping in and I have both bars, I could activate V-Trigger, do my normal CA, and still have the V-Trigger for a portion of this fight. Using a Raging Demon that won't finish off an opponent, just strips away my most powerful resources.

17. When walking forward, I need to make a conscious effort to stop pressing forward before doing an attack, unless it's like F+HP, and that's my goal:
    - I often walk forward but then try to throw a fireball and a DP will come out that is usually punished.
    - Sometimes, I walk forward and to try throw a standing MP, but still hold forward so an overhead comes out, which has a long startup, and is very punishable if blocked.

18. Work on my Crush Counter combos. I need to find out the spacing where a walk forward and LK Tatsu is too far. If I need to do MK Tatsu, don't bother following it up with a DP, as I often whiff and usually get punished for it.

19. If going for Air-to-Air attacks don't use HP. Use MP to get the first hit.

20. Don't try to throw when too far for it to reach. I once did a Cr. HP which was blocked and then tried to throw without walking forward.

21. Get better at hit-confirming. Don't throw a Tatsu after a two-hit hit confirm if the opponent blocked both normals.

22. Don't do LK Tatsu at crouching opponents.

23. When I have a chance to Crush Counter a whiffed DP, do it and take full advantage of it.

24. Continue blocking until I see an opening, which probably wouldn't be until after a special attack, and likely most hard normals, and overheads.

25. Remember to neutral jump on my wake up against characters with command grabs.

26. Don't throw out supers raw. A lot of times, I'll be trying to use my special as a counter and will get within range of it to hit and will just throw it out while we're both in neutral, and if they're not pressing a button, they'll just block it, which happens a lot. Also, there are times I try to use it as an AA, which is fine and often hits, but often I'm too late and the opponent can land and block by the time the active frames come out.

Some of these I can probably work on through Training and then doing Casual Matches while being okay to lose and just trying to work on these during actual matches (such as 2, 3, 6, 10, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21, and 22).

But the majority of the items are just bad habits that I can't seem to shake - most of which I've been doing since day 1.

Be curious about what each round yields.

That's interesting. I think a lot of my bad habits do show up when I'm scared/worried, or tense. I don't know how I'd apply the mindful learning anymore than I am though. I understand a whiffed/blocked DP is a bad thing to do and that I'll get hurt after it (or should) but as he said, once you're stressed, the bad habits come back. He says you have to be disenchanted by it in the first place, but I am, yet I still do it.

Anyways, maybe I didn't understand it properly, or I just need more time to see the results. Anyways, I appreciate it, I'll keep working on it, with the previous advice, and I'll watch the video again later as well. Thanks.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 7,252

This is bad advice

You're white

Many things. Shall I list them?

yes
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 7,252

This is bad advice

You're white

clip

is a good movie

ted danson a good guy anyone should be proud to have him as their dad
    Oh god this nigga about to use my nemesis
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,044

This is bad advice

You're white

clip

is a good movie

I don't know who else is old enough to remember Animaniacs but I'm like the personification of the Useless Facts gag. Seriously, people say something here and I immediately recall a reference. Thanks to gifs and YouTube I can usually post the reference that comes to mind.

Meme guy/refernces/gif on speed dial.
    lmao this fuckboy @twinblades cant even beat ryu fireballs
    DAAAAAAAAMN @TWINBLADES LOSING TO FLOWCHART RYU LOOOOOOL

You little bitch dipping out after winning!!!!! I was about to use my Cammy but maybe it was good you left early. My ultimate weapon should only be pulled out during a time of great crisis.....

GG's you cuck
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,333

This is bad advice

You're white

clip

is a good movie

I don't know who else is old enough to remember Animaniacs but I'm like the personification of the Useless Facts gag. Seriously, people say something here and I immediately recall a reference. Thanks to gifs and YouTube I can usually post the reference that comes to mind.

What I remember clearly from Animaniacs is how impossible the SNES game was.
    I only remember Pinky and the Brain.
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,354

This is bad advice

You're white

clip

is a good movie

I have a sickness in that I can pretty much quote every line of every episode verbatim from simpsons for the first 10 seasons. That and the entirety of kids in the hall. It takes great restraint not to simpsons post or kids in the hall post literally everything i read all the time because something will always fit.

So, in order to resist this, you post monkey gifs.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    TWINBLADES wrote: »

Yeah I had to take it easy on you and let you win a round. I'm a nice person like that.

wanna play again?
    Bring out your divekicks?
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,105
    Good people like me stay at Ultra Gold where I belong :razz:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,021
    edited August 13

Ditto, no expectations in the gold leagues
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,034
    edited August 13
    One of the legendary videos is back up (well not on Youtube)! @DevilJin 01

https://streamable.com/yz3ws
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
    A10metal wrote: »

Ditto, no expectations in the gold leagues

But you don't get to fight all the cool pro players and stuff.

@itzpookiie let's go you fool!!!!
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,488
    Neclord wrote: »
    I don't know how I feel about these V-Skill uses of Kolin.

Are you supposed to play her like that? Because Poongko got punished a lot for it.

It's not great vs. necalli imo. Better vs. characters with stubbier fast normals as it's easier/possible to space at max range.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    LOL @TWINBLADES CAMMY LOSING TO MY RYU
  • VoltVolt Joined: Posts: 1,354
    Twin just made me regain my hope of ever reaching Platinum.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    edited August 13
    In this alt account, I keep running into guys that have thousands and thousands of casual matches, but never played a single ranked match. I really don't get it... Don't you want to see what you rank would be? Don't you want to see if you can make Master Rank?

Just ran into that NaruHina dude with now 27,105 Casual Matches and only 611 Loses for a 97.75% win rate. Dude doesn't have a single Ranked Match and is stool a 'Rookie', lol, and I don't think this guy in particular is in it for the FM because everything in their profile is pure default stuff (Cammy main, default costume, and he London stage).
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,851

and the moral of the story, play tekken 7 :P
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,345
    In this alt account, I keep running into guys that have thousands and thousands of casual matches, but never played a single ranked match. I really don't get it... Don't you want to see what you rank would be? Don't you want to see if you can make Master Rank?

Just ran into that NaruHina dude with now 27,105 Casual Matches and only 611 Loses for a 97.75% win rate. Dude doesn't have a single Ranked Match and is stool a 'Rookie', lol, and I don't think this guy in particular is in it for the FM because everything in their profile is pure default stuff (Cammy main, default costume, and he London stage).

It's a Ultra Silver scrub that elevates his ego by stomping noobs.
    You got these pieces of shit in virtually every online multiplayer game.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,018

This is bad advice

You're white

Yes that is indeed a positive and strong trait.

As Abigail says: "WHITE POWER!!!"
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • QuixoticNeutralQuixoticNeutral Joined: Posts: 1,121
    edited August 13

That's a great title.
    In fairness to Twin Kolin is probably the only char in SFV that has to respect fireballs.
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 1,282
    Yoo anybody east coast wanna play?
    SFV - Gouki/Bison/Urien, Ed, Cammy, Ken. Gonna learn Laura and Chun someday....someday

SAGAT WHERE YOU AT BRUH?
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,958
    Summer Jam Top 8 is starting.

Cant post link because im typing This with my phone and i am already in my bed naked
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Another shade of empty, another shade of blue, another shade of yellow, Sunset yellow ..." Joined: Posts: 2,962
    I work at a major sponsor of many CPT events. I'm trying to get them to sponsor some regional East Coast tournies for USFII.

When I get a response I'll share more information.

That's a great title.
    In fairness to Twin Kolin is probably the only char in SFV that has to respect fireballs.

i got part 2 for you dawg