The Street fighter V General: Tokido Still Murdering :`-(

Comments

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,222
    Punk loses. :(

He seems to only lose to the derp mixup characters.

Shines ibuki
    Snakes gief
    Almost lost to gachikun rashid.

Can't be to mad though. Punk still the most consistent player out there right now. Just about everyone he loses to isn't a guaranteed top 8 whereas punk is basically near guaranteed top 4 ATM.

Evo will be pretty hype, everyone studying punk so he will have to win on skill alone now rather than being an unknown quantity.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,451
    edited June 19
    Can't Gief grab the MK scythes with the counter?

That shit is even hard to block when you walk forward, if you can do that on reaction, you're not made of flesh and blood.

He did it like 5 times in a row, at some point you might be able to expect it.

He was using it at a picky distance so the counter would probably end by the time he activated it. Also he would really abuse it if Gief was going for head butt, so Punk was waiting to see what Snake was going to react with before he went with it.

Finally the counter throws the opponent a bit far so you lose any follow up so the flex to SPD is a better option in that regard.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,823
    DevilJin's bae on stream
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,345

That shit is even hard to block when you walk forward, if you can do that on reaction, you're not made of flesh and blood.

Or go for the flex which gives you a nice sound and visual for the confirm and leads to ex spd into oki.

Saw Snake try to use the counter a couple of times but for whatever reason against Samurai (Akuma usually doesn't throw out kicks willy nilly in the neutral), and never again.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai

Or go for the flex which gives you a nice sound and visual for the confirm and leads to ex spd into oki.

Saw Snake try to use the counter a couple of times but for whatever reason against Samurai (Akuma usually doesn't throw out kicks willy nilly in the neutral), and never again.

Playing devils advocate but it could have been an input error of him walking forward trying to do c.lp as quickly as possible. The input has caused some Gief players that problem.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,018
    TIL that Gief is a derp mixup character.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,248
    Well they did say every other month for characters
    That girl requires a haircut.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,823
    RAW_Guts wrote: »
    No trailer. No June character.

TIme to melt Blanka toy

He's got five left
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,333
    Haha, Capcom, gotcha! I didn't watch the tournament, so you didn't screwed me this time with no trailer!

That salt talk.
  • yung_balrogyung_balrog Joined: Posts: 919
    counter is useless. v skill is easier, safer, faster, and you can get fierce/ex spd oki.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,222

Today? That should have been apparent months ago.

One can be derp and still be low tier... or high tier for that matter.

Most of sf5 is derp though so it goes without saying.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • twocoinstwocoins New account -- been around 10 years. Joined: Posts: 611
    Ofoarse Capcom wont show a trailer for a character thats suppose to be due this month. Which ends in like a week and a half. lmao.
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,416

Was a set up. The whole time I was like why doesn't Snake just jump?, but he was setting that last round jump up that basically sealed the win. Really smart, Snake probably one of the smartest players around. Can't think of many people better at adjusting to the long game, other than Punk himself.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,719
    edited June 19
    Nice to see a new face win, but it's the guy who was bitching about 8f and his char got overbuffed.

Need someone to start bitching about how you can't react to Gief cuz of 8f.
  • Trife88Trife88 Juri doesn't suck. The game sucks. Joined: Posts: 7,121
    Gief has been scaring me since ST. I have nightmares about that bursting blood vessel too :(
    Streets of Rage 2 > SFV
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,741
    hurr dur i'm akuma yay for safe on block, combo starting, jump trajectory changing moves.
    I know dash under shaddup im salty
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,741
    Well they did say every other month for characters

Ed was a month late. They could have gotten back on schedule by releasing a character this month.

I hope you realized how ridiculous that is while you were typing it.

they did it with Balrog and Ibuki
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 7,252
    edited June 19
    abigail will be released for evo, next character at cpt finals, last character gets bundled into season 3.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 8,251
    Congrat to Snake. Time go troll the Gief thread now!
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Another shade of empty, another shade of blue, another shade of yellow, Sunset yellow ..." Joined: Posts: 2,962
    I come back to see y'all actually watched that shit show they called a tournament?

... and expected a reveal?
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,018
    Dime_x wrote: »

Today? That should have been apparent months ago.

One can be derp and still be low tier... or high tier for that matter.

Most of sf5 is derp though so it goes without saying.

I assume you never touched Gief to associate the word "derp" with him.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • NiiobuNiiobu Arcana Blart 3: LOVE MALL!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,032
    If you expect anything from SFV at this point you deserve the L.
    Freeobu
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 8,251
    My moral is tanking. I feel like I'm just not cut out for this. Shit feels bad man.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
    edited June 19
    twocoins wrote: »
    Ofoarse Capcom wont show a trailer for a character thats suppose to be due this month. Which ends in like a week and a half. lmao.

Okay. Real talk. Why do people keep expecting Capcom to show trailers at tournaments? They almost never do. When they do show a trailer, they make an announcement beforehand. There are plenty of things to get salty at Capcom about. No need to invent reasons to be salty.

They revealed the remaining 3 characters last CEO which was hype as fuck...and CEO is kind of a wrestling theme. Which would of been perfect to show Abigail there if the rumors are true... Meanwhile Injustice shows subzero trailer a month in advance and here we are holding our dicks waiting for a trailer for a char that is suppose to be release in 10+ days. They are clueless as marketing.... edit, they showed all 6 chars allready, but the trailer was for gameplay which makes Capcom even more of a joke.
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,864
    edited June 19

Okay. Real talk. Why do people keep expecting Capcom to show trailers at tournaments? They almost never do. When they do show a trailer, they make an announcement beforehand. There are plenty of things to get salty at Capcom about. No need to invent reasons to be salty.

They revealed the remaining 3 characters last CEO which was hype as fuck...and CEO is kind of a wrestling theme. Which would of been perfect to show Abigail there if the rumors are true... Meanwhile Injustice shows subzero trailer a month in advance and here we are holding our dicks waiting for a trailer for a char that is suppose to be release in 10+ days. They are clueless as marketing.... edit, they showed all 6 chars allready, but the trailer was for gameplay which makes Capcom even more of a joke.

Spoiler: There's no character coming this month.
    CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
    edited June 19

Says who? If they held back the char bc Ed was pushed back to be apart of the CPN then it would show Capcom's incompetence. Fire ONO.
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,864

Says who?

Call it a hunch.

A hunch after looking at Capcom flail around since the 1st Beta came out.
    CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 4,013
    Trife88 wrote: »
    I quit Juri.

I don't believe you
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,416
    edited June 19
    I thought we were past the whole "maybe it's this time" stuff. Surely nobody's playing this game at this point for the exciting content.
  • Trife88Trife88 Juri doesn't suck. The game sucks. Joined: Posts: 7,121
    I just want you all to know that makes the 2nd or 3rd time I've talked about Juri in this thread and a Spider shows up.

I don't know how to take this. But yeah Grapplers are fucking scary in SFV.
    Streets of Rage 2 > SFV
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    Knowing Ono irate mother fuckers is probably what he expected

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 4,013
    if Ono's goal is to piss people off than the least he could do is put Blanka in
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,794
    https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/waryverifiablegreatwhiteshark

Despite the stream issues, there were some great moments at CEO.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo