The Street fighter V General: Tokido Still Murdering :`-(

Comments

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,823
    twocoins wrote: »
    Ofoarse Capcom wont show a trailer for a character thats suppose to be due this month. Which ends in like a week and a half. lmao.

Okay. Real talk. Why do people keep expecting Capcom to show trailers at tournaments? They almost never do. When they do show a trailer, they make an announcement beforehand. There are plenty of things to get salty at Capcom about. No need to invent reasons to be salty.

They revealed the remaining 3 characters last CEO which was hype as fuck...and CEO is kind of a wrestling theme. Which would of been perfect to show Abigail there if the rumors are true... Meanwhile Injustice shows subzero trailer a month in advance and here we are holding our dicks waiting for a trailer for a char that is suppose to be release in 10+ days. They are clueless as marketing.... edit, they showed all 6 chars allready, but the trailer was for gameplay which makes Capcom even more of a joke.

Capcom always announces beforehand when they are going to have a news at a tournament. There as no such announcement this year.
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 379
    ZioSerpe wrote: »

I've got to pick up Kolin and Ryu so I can finish bad characters bingo apparently.
    Poor Alex.....
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 267
    edited June 19
    I should catch up with the CEO Top 8. Snake did deserve that win.
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
    What happened to the old thread?

New thread at 500 pages.
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,476
    What happens when a new thread doesn't get made? Does the entire thing go down at some point?
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Pecking order Joined: Posts: 826
    edited June 19
    I don't think Capcom is gonna care much about the negativity around MvCi and SFV, fighting games are still pretty much niche, they announced Monster Hunter World on actual real platforms that people own like for realzies, they are going to be swimming in cash.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 267
    I don't think Capcom is gonna care much about the negativity around MvCi and SFV, fighting games are still pretty much niche, they announced Monster Hunter World on actual real platforms that people own like for realzies, they are going to be swimming in cash.

People seem to ignore Monster Hunter for some reason. It always does well in Japan and overseas.
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • FrozteyFroztey The Ascended One Joined: Posts: 8,475 mod
    @Pertho capitalize the Fighter in the thread name you scumbag
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 7,252
    edited June 19
    here we are holding our dicks waiting for a trailer for a char that is suppose to be release in 10+ days.

spoiler he aint gonna get released in 10 days if not evo they gonna wait for san diego comicon

which is near the end of july either way

time to wait a month+ yet boys!!!!!!!
    edited June 19

People seem to ignore Monster Hunter for some reason. It always does well in Japan and overseas.

people ignore monster hunter because so far has been coming out on weird systems, PSvita? 3DS? but there's a huge playerbase that has been yearning for a major console/PC version, and now is there. Unless they royally fuck up it's gonna be a major hit.

And here for the longest time I've been thinking this was the SFV killer
    YoshinoriOno-2.jpg
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • Lion_JakLion_Jak Joined: Posts: 991
    edited June 19
    @TWINBLADES

Focus more on the ground and what I'm doing. You seem to be trying an offense too much.

I played kolin because you know her better. So you should be able to tell when your turn starts and mine finishes.

Get a knockdown and make me guess what you're going to do. Cammy is really straight forward for a character. Try to shimmy more with her instead of just buttons and buttons.

My kolin game is mostly seeing how much you want to get in on me and punish you for trying.

Analysis. Prediction. Reaction
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,804
    whats going on with EVO out of curiosity ? heard some shit was going down
  • YorKeYYorKeY By the end of his career Lebron James > Jordan. LA Misses Kobe Byrant. Joined: Posts: 6,806
    edited June 19
    A rumble between the greasers and the Socs at evo I believe.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: Mika, Kolin (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: TBD
    BlazBlue CTB: TBD
    DBFZ: TBD
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy 7 and Max Payne 2
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin

• MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,804
    YorKeY wrote: »
    A rumble between the greasers and the Socs at evo I believe.

has it gotta do with both SFV and Smash losing their numbers from previous year ?
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 459
    Howdy, Undertale going to PS4 and Japanese are hype for it.

Meanwhile, I see everyone is hype for the new waifu announcement to come.
    Scrub artist : http://diasfox.tumblr.com/
    CFN: DiasFox Character: ChunLi (Bronze Level A.K.A NOOBSHIT)

DiasFox wrote: »

abigail isn't a girl
    I am not hyped for next character of SFV whether is Abigal or any other, I feel like I have the chars I need in the roster as of now, honestly I think the 3 remaining chars for season 2 are going to be stinkers, I like Menat design but I never liked Rose so I doubt I would like her.
    #NoHype4Abigal
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 459
    DiasFox wrote: »

abigail isn't a girl

Is it? Totally out of touch of what is coming even though I have character season pass...
    Scrub artist : http://diasfox.tumblr.com/
    CFN: DiasFox Character: ChunLi (Bronze Level A.K.A NOOBSHIT)

• YorKeYYorKeY By the end of his career Lebron James > Jordan. LA Misses Kobe Byrant. Joined: Posts: 6,806
    edited June 19
    If he truly is a few inches bigger than Hugo and has 140 pounds on him, then I fear for that man's health and longevity, can he even fight?
    Dota 2 player.

• MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    I don't like characters who're bigger than Gief appearing alongside him in a game. Maybe I'm too old-school but for me Gief always should be the huge guy. 3S was okay since he wasn't in that game but it was always odd seeing him fight Hugo in USFIV and SFxTekken for me.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,801

i was pretty hyped for it, but as usual when capcom think to sell to west, aesthetic got killed and look a bit boring/lifeless
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,391

is that actual sprites im seeing?
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    I don't like characters who're bigger than Gief appearing alongside him in a game. Maybe I'm too old-school but for me Gief always should be the huge guy. 3S was okay since he wasn't in that game but it was always odd seeing him fight Hugo in USFIV and SFxTekken for me.

He's alright

til he stands up against a real canadian!!!!!!!

And T.hawk has always been bigger than gief anyways!!!!!!
    Woah, so Vanilla announcer is back on that game? lol
    Dota 2 player.

• VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,488
    3rd mobile sf4 version. Capcom desperate.
    StockyJam wrote: »

is that actual sprites im seeing?

you really don't know what sf4 looks like huh.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942

He's alright

T.Hawk just has better posture.

He's alright

T.Hawk just has better posture.

That and 7 inches on him.

Taunt with T.hawk in sf4 and he stands up straight and his head goes past the life bars, on par with hugo.
  • QuixoticNeutralQuixoticNeutral Joined: Posts: 1,121
    Snake Eyez beat Punk before he had a chance to remove all his weighted training hats.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,801
    edited June 19

Gief = muscle gorilla circus like strongman

Hugo/Abigail= giant with height/weight mass advantage over everybody

If anything is cool Gief being just as strong despite size disadvantage =)

He's alright

Never trusted SF bs profiles when it comes to weight/height, ever tought Gief was shorter but heavier... and now it is, they fixed him to be 180kg =)
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts
    edited June 19
    edit:

ignore the story. Kappa
    Dota 2 player.

• SkortSkort Joined: Posts: 711
    mowr wrote: »
    I don't care about this game until Season 3. It is just not fun in it's current state.

Season 1 >>>> Season 2.

As a Juri player I am looking towards s3 with both hope and fear....let us remember they actually nerfed her hk fuha and her jab in s2,all this while she was considered one of the worst in the game. But maybe...just maybe she gets the good stuff for once.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 19
    mowr wrote: »
    I don't care about this game until Season 3. It is just not fun in it's current state.

Season 1 >>>> Season 2.

As a Bison player, fuck you. :heart:

people ignore monster hunter because so far has been coming out on weird systems, PSvita? 3DS? but there's a huge playerbase that has been yearning for a major console/PC version, and now is there. Unless they royally fuck up it's gonna be a major hit.

YoshinoriOno-2.jpg

You don't seem to have a concept of the Monster Hunter market. it started out as a PS2 game. It tanked. They ported it to PSP and it took off. Monster Hunter has only done well on portables. The best selling entries in the franchise are on PSP and 3DS. Not only that, 80% of its sales come from Japan. The only console MH to sell decently was the Wii version. It only sold a third of its portable iterations. Capcom is taking a huge risk putting the next mainline release on PS4/XB1/PC. Development costs will jump significantly and they'll be lucky if it can garner the same sales as the 3DS titles. Based on the series history, they should be putting it on the Switch.
  • D0MNapalmD0MNapalm Joined: Posts: 393

YoshinoriOno-2.jpg

You don't seem to have a concept of the Monster Hunter market. it started out as a PS2 game. It tanked. They ported it to PSP and it took off. Monster Hunter has only done well on portables. The best selling entries in the franchise are on PSP and 3DS. Not only that, 80% of its sales come from Japan. The only console MH to sell decently was the Wii version. It only sold a third of its portable iterations. Capcom is taking a huge risk putting the next mainline release on PS4/XB1/PC. Development costs will jump significantly and they'll be lucky if it can garner the same sales as the 3DS titles. Based on the series history, they should be putting it on the Switch.

Toukiden changed the game..
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,652
    Interesting watch here. Gives me a bit of an idea of what could be (or could've been) going on between the publishers and developers with the handling of SFV:

My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938