RYU is back with poor mobility option, bad projectile utility and predictable gameplay.

The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig)Joined: Posts: 2,119
After the projectile deflect and being stripped out from his TVC and UMVC3 updates, Ryu is back to be the most un-interesting character. Ryu had returned to the most usual boring character in this game than he was because his lesser now than his former TVC and UMVC3 counterpart, His back from having poor mobility option, bad projectile utility and predictable gameplay.

He just went back to basic plus with new things to deal with that isn't meant for his character design. This is new radical update that is the projectile deflect that easily make his sole command projectile move not viable tool anymore this messed up with his whole playstyle and Capcom didn't even gave anything to compensate and cope with those radical gameplay fundamental change.

mwJm23.gif

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
Solo Characters
1.) Picolo
2.) Killin
3.) Kid Buu
4.) Pikon
5.) Hit
6.) Broly - legendary
7.) Mercenary Tao
8.) Gotenks SSJ3
9.) Baby -Adult Form
10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
11.) Caulifa
12.) Kale
13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
15.) Rose with Zamasu
16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
17.) Yamcha with Puar
18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
20.) Future Trunks - Some specials summons Mai and Bulma
21.) Ginew - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
22.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
23.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
24.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Jill or Tronbone in MVC2)

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
2.) Spider-man
3.) Wolverine
4.) Thanos
5.) Venom

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
1.) Haggar
2.) Eagle
3.) Maki
4.) Sodom
5.) Blanka
6.) Lee - Drunken master
7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
8.) Necro
9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
10.) Sagat
11.) Q
12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
1.) Tom
2.) Effie
3.) Byron
4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
1.) Skullomania
2.) Garuda

Comments

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,119
    edited June 19
    otori wrote: »
    You can always play him in SFV

Wait nevermind

Well the viable solution to this is simply not use him and just replace with other more technical characters that had less predictability, better mobility options and had wide range of zoning utility variants that would be Morigan, X, Arthur and Ironman.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    21.) Ginew - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,107
    Well he's kinda expected to be generic. What tools were you exactly looking for?

Even if he looks kinda lame we don't know how good/bad he is yet. Maybe he hits like a truck with optimal combos, shinkuu is super fast and can punish everything, maybe DP tag cancel is an invulnerable reversal and somewhat safe, overhead tag cancel maybe combos, etc. There's some stuff to test so that even if his mobility is absolute ass he might have a niche among those characters you mentioned.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,119
    edited June 19
    Something like they have already done in past like in TVC air dash while in UMVC like the "Ren Hadouken" and the "Hado Kakusei" similar a like mode without the buff damage and drain life other than just updates his 2 hyper combo to that similar effect of powerful version.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,367
    It's not like you couldn't make Ryu good, it's a conscious decision.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes You dun fked it up Capcom. Again. Joined: Posts: 7,068
    Ryu is meant to be a simple character that does above-average damage but not quite as much as the likes of Hulk. He does that well enough in most games, and I think the system is flexible enough for someone to pick Ryu and not be at a disadvantage. The real question is, is Shoryuken invincible? That's the closest thing he has to a unique tool within the context of Marvel.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,553 mod
    Ryu's has never been good in Marvel simply because vertical space messes with what would be the perfect moveset in any other 2D fighting game. The shoto moveset is good because of how much space it controls in a normal 2D fighter, the threat of eating a shoryuken means that people are forced to have to stay grounded and try to work their way past the zoning. In Marvel however, super jump height means that shoryuken isn't that big a threat anymore, allowing people to bypass his space control. That said, I believe they're thinking that the tag system, combined with gems will help Ryu overcome some of his limitations, e.g. time game helps with mobility, etc.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    give him back his hop kick from xvsf. it was great for tick throws and lead to an infinite on hit.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,127
    When's hado shoryuken?
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
    edited June 19
    Those mentioned move and utilities doesn't makes him top tier but it does help him at least to cope up with the environment. It's not about making him top tier but rather making him have a potential from the usual he was in UMVC3 and TVC.

Since everyone had new updates and flash moves in MVCi that can enhance there mobility option HULK gets wall jump and Thanos gets air dash. So Ryu could also bring back his Air Dash in TVC since his a martial artist.

Ironman, Cap, Dante had nice movesets updates in MVCi beyond there UMVC3 counter parts. While Ryu just need the usual in UMVC3 like Ren Hadoken and Hado Shoryuken.

Characters made from scratch like Arthur and X had there "power-up" based from there games and lore. So Ryu could also bring back the Hado Kakusei like even without the buff damage and drain life other than updating his 2 hyper combo to a better powerful version in UMVC3.

Utility provided in UMVC3 helps him to cope up the situation like the others that can also used the gem advantaged along with there new mobility option and new special moves.

Even smash gave him new tools to make him effective to their gameplay system.
    1. Ren Hadoken
    2. Hado Shoryuken
    3. Hado Kakusei -without damage buff other than super enhancement like in UMVC3
    4. Air Dash

He doesn't need in fact "new moves" or "new" stuff what he needs was his usual tools isn't broken in MVC standard compare to the new update of others in MVCi. It doesn't even make him top tier or threatening to others than just being the usual in his UMVC3 and TVC counter parts.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Just pick time stone and use infinity surge as an air dash.

In any case, he still has access to the super jump directional influence short hop, which is looking to be more important than air dashing anyway.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

edited June 19
    That's the same option other had but they have new tools like I mentioned in the comments from.

The thing is that the best of what Capcom can come out with Ryu to deal with the new radical update that deflect projectile? it's not because... other were treated with new personal counter play updates to deal with the situation. It's not making him better from scratch but rather better by bringing back the usual or what it was.
    Since everyone had new updates and flash moves in MVCi that can enhance there mobility option HULK gets wall jump and Thanos gets air dash. So Ryu could also bring back his Air Dash in TVC since his a martial artist.
    Ironman, Cap, Dante had nice movesets updates in MVCi beyond there UMVC3 counter parts. While Ryu just need the usual in UMVC3 like Ren Hadoken and Hado Shoryuken.
    Characters made from scratch like Arthur and X had there "power-up" based from there games and lore. So Ryu could also bring back the Hado Kakusei like even without the buff damage and drain life other than updating his 2 hyper combo to a better powerful version in UMVC3.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes You dun fked it up Capcom. Again. Joined: Posts: 7,068
    The most I could imagine him getting are better normals and some changes to the knockdown on Tatsu so he can convert from that super jump space.
    Tatsu should be multi-hitting to knockdown so that it works as a great starter for tag shenanigans.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 343
    Those mentioned move and utilities doesn't makes him top tier but it does help him at least to cope up with the environment. It's not about making him top tier but rather making him have a potential from the usual he was in UMVC3 and TVC.

Utility provided in UMVC3 helps him to cope up the situation like the others that can also used the gem advantaged along with there new mobility option and new special moves.

Even smash gave him new tools to make him effective to their gameplay system.
    1. Ren Hadoken
    2. Hado Shoryuken
    3. Hado Kakusei -without damage buff other than super enhancement like in UMVC3
    4. Air Dash

He doesn't need in fact "new moves" or "new" stuff what he needs was his usual tools isn't broken in MVC standard compare to the new update of others in MVCi. It doesn't even make him top tier or threatening to others than just being the usual in his UMVC3 and TVC counter parts.

maxresdefault.jpg
    WHYY!!!!?!?!11
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
    ~snips~ WHYY!!!!?!?!11

Cause it's M-a-H-V-eL b-A-B-e

640?cb=20120613215552latest?cb=20130913034127

UMVC3-shin-shoryuken.jpg

640?cb=20120614095618

640?cb=20120613220049

maxresdefault.jpg

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    d3v wrote: »
    Ryu's has never been good in Marvel simply because vertical space messes with what would be the perfect moveset in any other 2D fighting game. The shoto moveset is good because of how much space it controls in a normal 2D fighter, the threat of eating a shoryuken means that people are forced to have to stay grounded and try to work their way past the zoning. In Marvel however, super jump height means that shoryuken isn't that big a threat anymore, allowing people to bypass his space control. That said, I believe they're thinking that the tag system, combined with gems will help Ryu overcome some of his limitations, e.g. time game helps with mobility, etc.

Pretty much. You'll get the small stint where the Rayray of Ryu does some work, but there will be no actual reason to use Ryu in tournament. His mix up in Marvel is too honest for Marvel. Just generally the spaces he covers aren't that great for Marvel

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,941
    edited June 19
    Not like other character don't get over the top moves.
    How about giving him a fireball that goes diagonally across the screen or downwards from the air or some shit?

I don't get the argument that Ryu was always bad in vs games, and that he should stay that way.
    It's like saying Thanos is godlike in the comic books or another game, so let's make him the same way here.
    I mean I haven't played any Marvel except Marvel Superheroes, but designing characters to be shit within in a game sounds dumb, unless it's a joke character by design.

Also that projectile deflection shit is retarded. Capcom revolutionized the genre by adding fireballs to a fighting game, something that hasn't been seen before, now they try everything they can to make them as trash as possible.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 2,805
    - Evil Ryu transformation that gives him Akuma moves and his rainbow kick from AE.
    - Parry from 3rdS/SFV
    - Denjin style fireball charge and dash-cancel.

That's what I'd do. Because unlike Capcom I like Ryu and want him to be cool.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jean he roundhouse kicks it Joined: Posts: 11,984
    Wasn't Ryu top tier in TvC?

He just needs an airdash. Maybe make it so he can Donkey Kick in the air for Big Daddy Kane damage and extended combos. If he's going to be the only Shoto they should make him decent if there's no Akuma to fall back on.

Hilarious they added a bunch of new moves and even an install super to Ryu in UMvC3, but none of the moves they added really had any use. His lack of mobility killed him in that game. All he had was big damage and that's it, and even then, he was outclassed there.
    edited June 19
    I'm not saying he needs everything mentioned here. I don't think he needs the evil and ken transformation.

It can be just Air Dash and hadokakusei without damage buff and drain life.

It can be airdash with ren hadoken and hado shoryuken.

It can be ren hadoken with hado shoryuken and hado kakusei without damage buff and drain life.

It can be air dash with ren hadoken and hado kakusei without damage buff and drain life.

Just a combination of 3 if had no airdash. If it had air dash a combination of 2.

It's not really something new and broken but rather a utility to make Ryu's opponent more caution against him since the projectile deflect makes his sole arsenal hadoken useless and many characters had other tools like lazers, bullets and multi hitting attacks that can nulify his hadoken easily with just an ease.

Ryu did in umvc3 did had potential and make him less preditable he is part of Chris G team. The thing that is useless is the Baku Hadoken that is a very honest and anticipated move that can only caught people that never aware of that move since put Ryu ina vulnerable situation plus its very prrditable.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Andyyyyyyy!! Joined: Posts: 6,084
    It's funny how I didn't realize Hado Kakusei drained Ryu's health until 2016.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Because of the time limit and usually paired with Xfactor that makes you feel having Kaioken. If xfactor would be around today along with hadokakusei it feels like a Goku like hadokakusei for SSJB then power up with Xfactor as kaioken. Haha

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 800
    How do we know what Ryu needs already? There has literally only been one demonstration of his properties, and that was more a demo of the core game mechanics. We don't have a clue how strong/weak he is. Hurricane kicks can be projectile invincible for all we know......we should get more gameplay before we decide "no airdash = bad" for him, or any character for that matter.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330

KiyaaKing wrote: »
    How do we know what Ryu needs already? There has literally only been one demonstration of his properties, and that was more a demo of the core game mechanics. We don't have a clue how strong/weak he is. Hurricane kicks can be projectile invincible for all we know......we should get more gameplay before we decide "no airdash = bad" for him, or any character for that matter.

Based on the many comments above his already uninteresting in this game. If he was interesting we would see some of gameplay videos using him. In fact nobody did cared or even bothered especially after the the projectile update because there are already better choices than him.

We all know that when the game hit retail it is a finished product updates is probably be just glitch fixes and nerfs. Another thing it's unlikely for uninteresting character like Ryu in versus series to have special treatment of special move update and mobility option addition unless it is a sequel which is imposible.

Don't worry dude Ryu won't be broken and be top tier he was average in UMVC3 and TVC but not in MVC3 because of the lacking. It's normal for people to give feedback during demo that how software development is and we all know the usual updates it's barely about adding specials and mobility options for an uninteresting character unless this is a sequel.

Last thing the RADICAL UPDATE know as the projectile deflect obviously kills his play style that mostly depends on hadoken in an environment filled with lasers, teleports and bullets that easily nullify his command specials.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Just make him hit hella hard so you use him for finishing combos via tag in.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Air dash is just the kneejerk anime way of fixing him. In Marvel traditionally shotos don't have air dash movement and although it has slow recovery and travels a very far set distance, the time gem is there to give characters that normally don't have great air movement an air option.

I prefer for Ryu to stay traditional to Marvel with not having an air dash, but just improving his other options to traverse the air and set up pressure.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

Give him a double jump so he can extend combos using it.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 615
    Why you play mahvel and pick Ryu is beyond me...:shrug:
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
    edited June 20
    What to feel with X factor with Hado kakusei
    FlawedNeatGiraffe.gif

What to feel doing Shin Hadouken with X factor with Hado kakusei
    tumblr_o5w2cf2HIW1ujwg5zo1_500.gif

A Hado Kakusei similar without damage boost and life drain. That permanently enhanced Hyper Combos and Air Dash seems fine for the new projectile deflect mechanic.

Actually Ryu should have been an agile character in terms of mobility since this is to exaggerate his capabilities as a martial artist like they did with Chun li. So air dash and wall jump should have been with him also but not the flight and multiple jump like Chun li has.

Baku Hadouken was the predictable fancy move in UMVC3. Ren Hadouken and Hado Shoryuken would be interesting at least for some situation.
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    Why you play mahvel and pick Ryu is beyond me...:shrug:

Congrats dude! Your very clever and a genius!
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Im ready to blow the game up again, i already have a lot of ideas, the main problem is I feel like its gonna be to easy to do to make it actually worth while morally. But I see the potential for a lot of high hitting combos, just not sure how much of a wow factor there will be when you consider how brain dead the game looks in terms of what juggles and what doesnt.
    edited June 22
    Ryu

5e834e100edd2cfb5181b6lqzi.jpg

UMVC3-shin-hadouken.jpg

image_by_manalmostwithoutfear-d9hwwv1.jpg

Ryu wont be tier one with this stuffs

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 1,760
    Invincible reversal>tag into combo or blocked reversal>tag made safe are real now.
  • SilverForteSilverForte Joined: Posts: 27
    Ryu actually was top 5 in TvC i think, air dash in heavy was so good.
  • CSword123CSword123 oh god OHGOD! why did I think this was a good idea? please... just- I'M SORRY!! Joined: Posts: 1,184
    Ryu is talked about 1 hour in:

I forgot he had a beam in this game lol.
    KI: Jago
    GG: Chipp/Ky
    UMVC3: Team "Rider May Die" - Ghost Rider/Vergil/Dante
    Best KI community on the webs: www.killerinstinctonline.net
    edited June 22
    CSword123 wrote: »
    Ryu is talked about 1 hour in:

I forgot he had a beam in this game lol.

I believe that is the new Sen hadoken... the Baku hadoken replacement?

It's like another of those fancy move that put you in a pause very vulnerable, immobile and predictable state that is a never for this kind of fast pace environment that everyone had variety responsive offensive option like bullets, teleports., multi-hitting projectile and also laser without the danger. It's like risking to hit someone with a level 3-4 Focus Attack or a "Denjin Hadoken" without the same reward in a game that is not a street fighter title by logic and play style. A laser beam in trade off for vulnerability, immobility and predictability is a bad trade off in this environment with better option.
    The thing that is useless is the Baku Hadoken that is a very honest and anticipated move that can only caught people that never aware of that move since put Ryu ina vulnerable situation plus its very prrditable.
    Baku Hadouken was the predictable fancy move in UMVC3. Ren Hadouken and Hado Shoryuken would be interesting at least for some situation.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Tatsu as a lockdown assist is basically what I wanted.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

Air Dash and Hado kakusei Shinkuu buff is all he need to be viable in play like anyone else even with the new projectile deflect.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited 9:21AM
    I agree with DevilJin in that I think air dash is a cop out "anime" way of trying to make Ryu work in this game.

In any case, as Kinderparty has stated, the tag system may actually help Ryu out in more ways. While it doesn't fully allow him to control space like he does in SF, it still gets him over some of his weaknesses (e.g. Shoryuken being useful now thanks to tag), Sen Hadoken being a beam - which cannot be reflected).
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

edited 2:57PM
    Every potential and advantage that has been brought out were universal because of the freestyle tag system which I believe to be a good direction of innovation for Marvel versus. So it still never make viable to compare with the other cast because that is said is for every other character. His a poor choice when it comes to projectile already than the other can offer than can also used the same freestyle tag tech.

Others like Thanos gets more mobility option like Teleport and Air Dash. Arthur gets Dash to compensate also. then other like X and Arthur had projectile mobility which never had Ryu. Arthur and X got a lot of projectile spam variety that is multi hitting and not predictive. Ironman had more useful option while all the mentioned character can play and utilize any said tech in the game better than RYU in many ways plus Ryu need to deal with the radical change like the projectile deflect because Ryu is a character made not from scratch that is to depend with the Hadouken that is the best responsive projectile on his special move but also leave him in a predictable and immobile state .The thing that is not Capcom trying to compensate with Ryu needs as character to deal with this new things. We can sensationalized every universal game mechanic for Ryu's benefit but this also makes him less viable choice than the rest that offers a better alternative in special moves and mobility options to maximize the universal tech.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited 3:19PM
    Holding projectile commands are only decent when it give you mobility options like.

dr-gun.gif

mega-punches.gif

Pausing move are only decent to counter attacks that provide an armor or a minor invulnerability then be rewarded a stagger attack or a multi hitting attack in succession.

takuma-highreverse.gif

xmcotaj1.gif

Pausing move like the new sen hadoken and the previous baku hadoken is just another of those fancy moves because of being immobile, vulnerable situation/state plus its very predictable and easy to anticipate take makes it easier to destroy you by other characters that had better option to deal with the situation. The thing that possible to help Ryu in projectile thing is UMVC3's Ren Hadouken and Hado Shoryu.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Mercenary Tao
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Baby -Adult Form
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) BULMA in Mecha suit

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    It doesn't matter if you have to hold the button for the beam (and you can do it in the air anyway). With the current system, there is no move that cannot be made safe thanks to the tag system. They jump over the beam, just hit tag.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara