RYU is back with poor mobility option, bad projectile utility and predictable gameplay.

Comments

• KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 924
    Why does he "need" that though? You don't even know how long the charge takes.......dude, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I only want to stress that we don't know enough to say for sure that Ryu is bad. Give it time and stay optimistic. The fact that he has a beam at all shows that Capcom is aware of the effect the reflection mechanic may have on his projectile game. Trust that they will at least give him a fighting chance, then make your judgment once you're able to see for yourself.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,806 mod
    KiyaaKing wrote: »
    Why does he "need" that though? You don't even know how long the charge takes.......dude, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I only want to stress that we don't know enough to say for sure that Ryu is bad. Give it time and stay optimistic. The fact that he has a beam at all shows that Capcom is aware of the effect the reflection mechanic may have on his projectile game. Trust that they will at least give him a fighting chance, then make your judgment once you're able to see for yourself.

It's likely not even a charge. The input was listed as "hold", which to me makes it seem more like Akuma's fireball hyper in 3 where holding the buttons got you a beam instead of a fireball barrage.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,473
    Stop worrying about Ryu and pick a better collection of his functions.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 574
    edited June 24
    You're joking but you're right.

Just drop Ryu.

Put Demitri in his place
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    edited June 24
    Yeah drop Ryu... Then pick a better character like Ironman or X...

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    edited June 25
    Another simply quick fix without complication is just make Ryu's Hadouken cannot be deflected

and the hadoken's disintegration should requires to absorb 2-3 multiple bullets or normal based projectile, then for the laser/beams make them not pass through the hadoken. So the hadoken will act as a cover to Ryu then it will disintegrate after the 3rd hit and then the remaining hits of the laser/beam will passthrough it.

But the case is not causing 3 hit and against special based projectile will remain the same properties.

This keeps Ryu's signature playstyle and strategy without the fanciness but still keeps him in his predictability and vulnerabilty ike he does in SF games. It's just like an ex hadouken in SF games in how it does really works.

UMVC3 had something like this but not as interesting.
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,806 mod
    Ryu already has a beam. The hell you want to give him a "special needs" fireball when he already has a beam?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    It's a mater of responsiveness and usability for Ryu that has poor mobility option.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • shinquickmanshinquickman Joined: Posts: 1,806
    Short-hops change the properties of certain aerial moves. Maybe short-hop tatsu winds up being a stupid good air option for Ryu.
    TimeAttack: Grand Coward of SRK since November 18th, 2015
    Those updates were universal advantage yet another universal update debuff Ryu accidentally, while he is already stripped a way from his UMVC3 given updates. The thing is the Hadoken they should have done something for Ryu to compensate directly like they did to Thanos, Arthur and Ironman.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 409

Don't waste your breath, ume-scrubs always know everything before it happens.
    edited June 25
    Not an ume-scrubs didn't even know daigo nor valle existed before I'm into following this brand of fighter and that character.

The projectile deflect already prove the point and even the comments and reaction on this thread by different people to drop or replace Ryu for a better character already solidify my point even further better than any kind of suggestion here.

That how you gather reliable and truthful information/data to emerge from misleading and bias opinions.

The projectile deflect is just another quickfix that is a lazy and bad design of counterplay that is intended to deal with a situation that affect everyone universally that isn't even a threat. They should have deal with the situation directly rather than lazy fix of an assumed possible threat.

And we all know that it is a fact that RYU is updated from MVC3 to UMVC3 that makes him better the his MVC3 counterpart that is lacking, boring and uninteresting.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited June 30

Morigan got something unique and exclusive to compensate the new projectile direction. While Ryu has been debuff from some usful buff from his UMVC3 counterpart and his new beam hadou isn't a comeptitive strategy other another like Baku hadken level of fancy what if condition of why never msde it to use.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    actually looking at ryus air shinkuu hadoken recovery god damn, does that mean they took out those shinkuu hadoken links i did in all my combo videos back in the day as well?

Morigan got something unique and exclusive to compensate the new projectile direction. While Ryu has been debuff from some usful buff from his UMVC3 counterpart and his new beam hadou isn't a comeptitive strategy other another like Baku hadken level of fancy what if condition of why never msde it to use.

Idk man, that dp looks pretty damn good.....
    My Characters/Teams:

edited June 30
    Air shinkuu is more on using it into air combo stuff. The DP in versus will never be good becauseof the risk.if LP DP is comboable that would be good not theHP DP that is uused very occsdionslly.

Morigan projectile buff is in fact so useful. That we willsee to often in play.Ryuneed a decent tool thatmakes him not easily predictable or underestimated because of easily anticipated attacks

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Any risk of punishing dp is nullified by tagging. It also reaches pretty high and covers horizontal ground as well. Like I said before, pretty damn good. If he has a comboable light version then even better.
    My Characters/Teams:

edited July 1
    So the laser/beam that is senationalize is really another just fancy move like Baku hadoken unlike Morrigan buff that is seen better and usable. The current video proves my point earlier. The beam is not the help that Ryu's gameplay needed to be essential to his characte. What Ryu need is a projectile advantage utility that will be seen often in matches like the current Morrigan diagonal projectile update or an additional mobility option like Arthur, Thanos and etc buff in the game that this mentioned characters would utilize more.
    Any risk of punishing dp is nullified by tagging. It also reaches pretty high and covers horizontal ground as well. Like I said before, pretty damn good. If he has a comboable light version then even better.

This is not something special and everyone can do the same better than HP or LP DP without no risk of predictabilty and has more combo potential advantage. It is in fact that the tag advantage is a recommended universal strategy to everyone else to utilize and not even an exclusive or innovative to Ryu in this game because it is everyone's universal tech in fact other characters can do better to utilize tag advantage with their special moves even further than what many is said to the DP with Tag can only do and offer in this game, So it is not worth it as a "promoted stuff to compensate with projectile deflect" and a trade to the lost of many UMVC3 Ryu buff updates or TVCU Ryu mobility updates that he should have kept like the Hado Kakusei, Ren hadouken or an Air dash.

Spamming HP or LP DP then with predictive tagging is non-sense to Ryu because Ryu is build as a character to utilize projectile in a safe and better advantage than the others while while the current Morrigan build in MVCi that is diagonal projectile seems to do justice and compensate to the environment and the new gameplay mechanics in MVCi that will likely see a lot in play, So that mean Capcom can do also better to Ryu than many people here in the thread said earlier.

Morrigan had got the new diagonal projectile will see much in game.Capcom did something not just universal but useful and exclusive at the same time to many characters but Ryu, I believe this kind of people would still say he is better and enough even making Ryu loose more potential in future versus games that is to come than what he had less by now . Because this people that speaks about Ryu is enough are those that never concerns his character, has no real faith to his specials or never trust the character build. That they see him as a replaceble and disposable character for better means.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 1
    ^^^

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 1
    Not everyone has an invincible dp......and so far no one else has one that covers the space that Ryu's does.

It's not about the Dp especially the HP DP which might be the possible invincible one like I said its the most risky because of the recovery and predictability. If were talking about space using HP DP that is assumed invincible all the way up but not after that's not a Ryu thing in this game there are more sensible choices of special move from other characters that can control space even better without even utilizing the tag mechanic advantage that can lead to consequences of predictability and lose of recovery life.
    Just face it, man. You're complaining for the sake of complaining. Classic dedicated main syndrome...

Nah I'm not, We could always pull a whatever calling or justification but yet I am not bias to a certain playstyle or asking for dominance, I'm not asking for thing that weren't done in the past or will break even him to other character what I am asking is to return something in the previous that never lead him to became a dominant used character. Nah dude I'm not biased to a specific play style because the Morrigan update and the projectile deflect in MVCi and even previous Ryu design in TVC and UMVC3 proves that Ryu need something to compensate in this game more than Morrigan.

I never complained about Ryu since Sf4 development and in fact I'm just asking for something he was in the previous 2 games in order to compensate with the unnecessary and bad counter play design projectile deflect that is a quick fix for Morrigan. If something like projectile deflect would be in future SF i would really complain because it isn't near the brilliance of parry or even focus attack. The new gameplay mechanic is a radical change that serves no strategy and that also obviously directly affects RYU core play style. This is also why people here are keep on mentioning Tatsu and HP Dp or even the beam or just dropped him because they have no faith with Ryu in this game especially his projectile that is an obvious meh now.
    just wait to play the game first.

It's already obvious and undeniable because of the radical change directly affects Ryu playstyle and the videos never reveal something to compensate. The new projectile deflect is pointed out to deal with a possible future threat by likes of Morrigan but instead of focusing on her to kept those minimal they rather choose a quick fix that affect everyone instead. And Capcom already had given her a direct attention to compensate with her for the radical change in the gameplay environment that directly affects Ryu more than Morrigan. If Capcom can do something for Morrigan to compensate with and even "they consider her as threat" why can't they do something for Ryu that isn't any threat at all and all that Capcom did to Ryu was to strip all his UMVC3 and TVC updates along with the destruction of his core play style because of the bad counter play design.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 96
    Just give him and air dash like TVC and he will be fine.

It's absurd that Chun-Li always has Air Dash and Ryu doesn't.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chun Li is traditionally known for aerial movement even in SF so it makes more sense for her.

They can find a way for Ryu to be a strong, ordinary man

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

edited July 3
    Yeah in this game that everyone is exaggerated and power levels isn't a concern.

SF can easily be exaggerated it just need a creative mind like Capcom used to have unless they just unless intendtionally taken for granted because UMVC3 done it.

Chun li was ordinary yet the strongest woman in the world... Chun li is a martial artist Ryu is better than Chunli

Akuma Ripping Ships and Islands with a single or two strikes with bare hands.

Hado kakusei is better than SNH Ryu that is Akuma not in Oni form.

Yeah they did it for Ryu in UMVC3 and Ryu with Mu Hado/Hado kakusei.

Ryu can even dodge point blank bullets or block them with his bare hands.

Projectile Durability, Air Dash, Wall Jump, Hadou Kakusei, Denjin Hadouken, Ren Hadoken, Shakunetsu and Fist of the wind. The thing that Ryu can't do is fly and triple jump.

Fist of the wind and Denjin Hadouken is interesting because it stuns or crumple your opponent.

Actually logic doesn't really matter in this game, everyone is blocking adamantium with bare hand?

Ryu has been blocking sharp objects and doing it for years even before other marvel characters being ported in a capcom crossover game.

The thing is the character is taken for granted even with all UMVC3 influences already and the after the projectile deflect that is unnecessary projectile deflect that change the fundamentals and playstyle.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 1,929
    I always wished for evil ryu to be in mvc. then they would have to give him more stuff. probably even a tri dash. if that even exists
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,045
    Make ryu great again. Srk fadc for no meter isn't enough. He needs a no recovery shinkuhadoken to stand a chance.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    That implies Ryu was ever great in Marvel to begin with.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

GhostTear wrote: »
    I always wished for evil ryu to be in mvc. then they would have to give him more stuff. probably even a tri dash. if that even exists

Hado Kakusei/MU Ryu is all he need to be from UMVC3 and have Air dash like in TVC.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,045
    That implies Ryu was ever great in Marvel to begin with.

Chris g knows the way of ryu.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    I remember I almost wanted to think Ryu was good for a minute. Him and Rayray used to love the bandana man in MAHVEL

Ryu was decent in XvS, MvS and TVC.

He was average in UMVC3 and MVC1.

His worst was in MVC2.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Ryu doesn't fit in terms of what he can bring compared to the rest of the cast. Yes he can do Kamehameha but that pales in comparison to everybody else who can fly, shoot stuff, and throw beams as well. Just my opinion. He always feels to me he is lacking something that makes him stand out and not somebody you scroll over to pick the character besides him.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,072
    He don't need a air dashes, he need a move that functions like a air dash, like give him a tatsu like Ken's from sfv where it goes straight down in the air, or stuff like akuma where it nullified projectiles
    quicks wrote: »
    He don't need a air dashes, he need a move that functions like a air dash, like give him a tatsu like Ken's from sfv where it goes straight down in the air, or stuff like akuma where it nullified projectiles

That would be cool to be honest. But...would he be Ryu or "function" Ryu? He'll lose his identity then.

Wow that sounds kinda deep. Why the hell they had to go and say function. Ugh.
    GhostTear wrote: »

That would be cool to be honest. But...would he be Ryu or "function" Ryu? He'll lose his identity then.

Wow that sounds kinda deep. Why the hell they had to go and say function. Ugh.

No really his tatsu goes over fireballs in every game anyways

One that works like a dive kick isnta stretch he's still gonna end ryu
    edited July 8
    Air dash doesn't wreck Ryu it improves him.

Ryu just gotta be Mu Ryu or Hado kakusei Ryu like in UMVC3.

Increasing his projectile durability by 3 hits would help him. His more hadouken than any move like shoryuken and tatsu.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Air dash doesn't wreck Ryu it improves him.

Ryu just gotta be Mu Ryu or Hado kakusei Ryu like in UMVC3.

Increasing his projectile durability by 3 hits would help him. His more hadouken than any move like shoryuken and tatsu.

If ryu gets a air dash then the argument is there for everybody else to get one and I don't want that to happen
    Yes. Ryu getting an air dash will start the oversaturation of anime in Marvel. Only anime should go full anime

edited July 8
    lol people that skip and never even mained Ryu or show confident with his character and choose a better function than him, shows feared, concern or threatned for Ryu having an air dash because of what?the fate of the universe? the fate of marvel? poor analogy and fail logic there, haha... What's next? Swords, bullets and claws should have been unblockable in this game unless your Captain America?

Cyclops, and Chun li got multiple air jumps not twice and thats triple.. Chun li is a human police woman then Cyclops mutant power ain't air jumping or like Toad and Haggar can pull pipes from his pocket instead of picking them.. all of those that no body loses there minds.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    lol people that skip and never even mained Ryu or show confident with his character and choose a better function than him, shows feared, concern or threatned for Ryu having an air dash because of what?the fate of the universe? the fate of marvel? poor analogy and fail logic there, haha... What's next? Swords, bullets and claws should have been unblockable in this game unless your Captain America?

Cyclops, and Chun li got multiple air jumps not twice and thats triple.. Chun li is a human police woman then Cyclops mutant power ain't air jumping or like Toad and Haggar can pull pipes from his pocket instead of picking them.. all of those that no body loses there minds.

So with this logic let's give capitan America. Air dash, a sword, multiple fireballs and flight mode , teleports

Just because........

Infact let's just give every character the excat same set of tools so every character is the same minus looks?

Why not?

If everybody has the same tools diversity goes the fuck down so do playstyles
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 662
    So with this logic let's give capitan America. Air dash, a sword, multiple fireballs and flight mode , teleports

Just because........

Infact let's just give every character the excat same set of tools so every character is the same minus looks?

Why not?

If everybody has the same tools diversity goes the fuck down so do playstyles

But the purpose of gems is to do exactly that.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    edited July 10
    Like any fighting game, the gems won't 100 percent attain their design goal in competitive play. There are going to be gems that clearly better to use than the others just like how C/A and K grooves pretty much made the other grooves not worth using at the highest level of CVS2. N groove was good, but there was no strategic reason to use it over those 3 among the best characters.

There will be some characters where the time teleport surge won't be enough to improve their poor mobility and there will be characters where the power stone doesn't do enough for the damage issues. Either way the attempt should yield some very interesting results and create a very diverse field of what is viable.

edited July 10
    Yeah like everyone had the gems and that excluded the recent buffs and upgrade.

I think the biggest mistake of capcom in Ryu for Marvel versus series is adding super jump, launcher and dash to Ryu? I think it's time to remove those too, since he have all the tools he need the hadouken, shoryuken and Tatsu from the very beginning that can be also maximize the potential because of the freestyle tag.

I petition to remove those mobility option and in SFV Ryu can take crush counter upon SRK recovery this should have also in the game too since Ryu can utilize tagging out.

Ryu doesn't even need Hyper Combos since this game already has Infinity storm.

Morrigan had nice new special moves that is seen more often in game, Glad Arthur and Thanos gain new mobiity option.

Chunli the police woman is more supernatural than Ryu the hobo that dedicated his life to self improvement to harness and contain the two of the most dangerous and powerful Ki in SF universe?

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 628
    They should have just used E. Ryu instead. There is still a Ryu in the game, just more savage.
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
    Yup since Capcom had been doing that with Megaman having Megaman, Volnutt and X..

The best Ryu iteration was UMVC3's Hado Kakusei/Mu Ryu

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    They should have just used E. Ryu instead. There is still a Ryu in the game, just more savage.

He's already breaking through

urrinxx.gif

• NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 874
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »

The edgelord versions of a character are only better than the original if you are six years old.

At any rate, it ultimately comes down to brand recognition. Ryu is easily one of the most recognizable characters in all of fighting games. Using the evil version as his replacement would create confusion with a casual audience. Keeping his moves recognizable is a part of that recognition. Casuals are familiar with those moves and will need to rely on them as they learn this strange and new beast of a system.

Don't like karate man's basic-ass moveset? Don't play karate man. He's staying just the way he is.
    Steam ID: NoChart
    The mature Ryu was UMVC3 were Hadou Kakusei/Mu is that stronger and better than SNH Ryu in many ways

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 11
    rayray will still hold him down. even though it was holding him back...
    edited July 11
    Depends if Rayray still has an attachment to Ryu when the game launches. I know he liked Chun Li also even though she isn't that great outside of running away with harmonizer assist.