RYU is back with poor mobility option, bad projectile utility and predictable gameplay.

Comments

• GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 1,929
    Depends if Rayray still has an attachment to Ryu when the game launches. I know he liked Chun Li also even though she isn't that great outside of running away with harmonizer assist.

All character have otgs now so i hope he sticks with him. Was good knowing rayray was up to see some high level ryu.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,806 mod
    GhostTear wrote: »
    Depends if Rayray still has an attachment to Ryu when the game launches. I know he liked Chun Li also even though she isn't that great outside of running away with harmonizer assist.

All character have otgs now so i hope he sticks with him. Was good knowing rayray was up to see some high level ryu.

That was true of the older games, doesn't mean it'll help him here.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »

You watched rayray games? A lot of the time when he lost sent or mags ryu didn't really have anything to follow up because the otgs were dead. Ordinary man aint so ordinary any more.

You watched rayray games? A lot of the time when he lost sent or mags ryu didn't really have anything to follow up because the otgs were dead. Ordinary man aint so ordinary any more.

Yeah, but that's also in Marvel 3's engine. Doesn't meant that'll necessarily be his issues here. Stuff like getting an actual beam special now are probably a bigger help for him here than old school OTGs.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    Does Ryu even need hyper gauge? I beginning to be convince he didn't need it because he used manage to be playable in the original SF2 with the glitchy Guile handcuff. That Guile Handcuff is tougher than any inifinity storm and combo you can imagine in MVCi.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 12
    Yeah, but that's also in Marvel 3's engine. Doesn't meant that'll necessarily be his issues here. Stuff like getting an actual beam special now are probably a bigger help for him here than old school OTGs.

He was already getting beam specials from assists. If that is what you mean. I'm saying he doesn't have to rely on his teammates to maximize his damage output now that otgs are universal. It was sad to know when sent or mags died ryu's damage fell off hard. If he didn't have a hyper then rayray would just do a normal combo and pray for cross-up/overhead hit confirm. You get my point right?
    Post edited by GhostTear on
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Everyone has more capable basic combo routes due to the new engine. It remains to be seen how useful his beam is since you have to charge it first

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

Everyone has more capable basic combo routes due to the new engine. It remains to be seen how useful his beam is since you have to charge it first

Wtf. Charge his beam?
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759

Wtf. Charge his beam?

It's like another of those Baku Hadoken in UMVC3 that you wish to hit your unsuspecting opponent.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Wtf. Charge his beam?

It's like another of those Baku Hadoken in UMVC3 that you wish to hit your unsuspecting opponent.

I have to see this when I get off of work. Can you link friend?
    edited July 12
    I think it was in the recent video with SNH/evil ryu update in ShinSRK.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    JL--bW.gif

giphy.gif
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 924
    JL--bW.gif

giphy.gif

I imagine it's to give him all the basic tools to survive as a predictable shoto in a Marvel game. Seems like every character with zoning tools is being given a way to throw off the projectile reflection mechanic. From what I saw it takes a while to charge, but charging on a tag seems very feasible and we don't know all the ways it can be used. For all we know, there could be a way to aim it up. Ryu was never designed to be a pure zoner anyway, so it's really just a nice thing to have.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    Iron Man doesn't even have anything that can be reflected. Which is a good initial step for him being able to actually zone.

You can reflect soul fists, but I already see Chris G just learning timing and patterns to re reflect soul fists back at people and then throw another fireball on top of it. Plus if Mind stone is as nutty for astral vision as it could be, that trap zoning is going to be oppressive.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

Hopefully he can do it an angle. Captain Marvel could've just air dashed to him and got a hit confirm in the time it takes to charge...
    edited July 13
    I think ideally you'll only be using the beam to counter other projectile/beam zoning. Using that vs an 8 way air dash character just passively moving about or a grounded rushdown character is just asking for an ass whooping.

Yeah, seems like beams trump fireballs in this game. We don't know exactly how durability works though, so there may be more to it. Ryu will probably sit at mid tier where he belongs, like a "jack of all trades, but master of none" kind of deal.
    My Characters/Teams:

edited July 13
    I just dont see it being useful at all when we have characters that can teleport, super jump, jump (lol), and throw fireballs/projectiles at an angle too. in less time than it takes to charge in order for him to do kamehameha. hopefully that was the hard version...

oh shit wait does he have installllllllll
    Post edited by GhostTear on
    edited July 13
    Ryu was not the jack of all trade in MVC2 and MVC3 or even in UMVC3 which he was average, there was no jack of all trade consistent impression for Ryu in crossover series of Marvel.

No one from the PR guys said about anything with projectile durability that Ryu even need.
    JL--bW.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, like I said earlier, this prove everything again what I have said. The others reaction and comment here just want Ryu to be stuck as a meh character even with the recent unappropriate and unnecessary projectile deflect.

Even the reaction and comments this thread by different people is to drop or replace Ryu for a better character or assume him to have an imaginary representation and symbolism of a supposed tier that needs to stay lower than average this already solidify my point even further better than any kind of unreliable form suggestion and bias misleading opinions.

This guys just wanted Ryu to be low and worst than his UMVC3 and TVC counter part, Capcom knew Ryu need upgrade and TVC and UMVC3 before Combo Function had become a part of this. Ryu was in fact even updated from MVC3 to UMVC3 that makes him better the his MVC3 counterpart that is lacking, boring and uninteresting.

It's like they have taken for granted Ryu because nobody would care for him and there is another Shoto that has better function that him, known as Morrigan. This function thing threatment of Capcom makes an often used characters doesn't need attention...

this proves my point with the recent Morrigan personal update in MVCi the diagonal upward projectile that should have been for RYU instead because Sakura had those in versus series and Gouken also did in SFV.
    Hopefully he can do it an angle.

He doesn't it was not listed in the command list, If that was like Ice man in MVC2 even with the delay it probably worked
    oh shit wait does he have installllllllll

No he doesn't all his UMVC3 useful buff was stripped away

Everyone seem threatned by Ryu with Air dash...

The projectile deflect mechanic is just another lazy quick fix a bad design of counter play that affect everyone universally that isn't even a threat while the intended of focus isn't dealt with a situation directly but instead gave addition personal buff a new special move to improve zone capabilities.

Things Capcom could do is bring back the previous RYU installs and projectile durability or add Air dash to make him less predictable and anticipated because of having other mobility options.

They Ryu just need an install that makes the Super/Hyper Shinkuu Hadouken to Shin Hadouken like in the Hado Kakusei buff even without damage and speed buff so they could take a way the time limit.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    I get where everybody is coming from. Remains to be seen how good he actually is until release. So far not looking good.

They even got rid of his install...gosh..
    The beam isn't just about getting it to hit. It's about getting the opponent to react, since they can't just reflect it. If they block it, then they eat a tag mixups. If they jump, then they still have to deal with tag. Basically, team building with Ryu is likely going to revolve around who can get the most out of tagging off the beam (and his other specials) - which is basically what we've been all predicting regarding this game's meta.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    The tag system and infinity mechanic isn't a Ryu exclusive thing in fact there are more sensible choices of function/characters that receives individual updates that are viable in play with minimal predictability and better responsiveness to utilize the game mechanics than whatever Ryu can offer overall in this game.

Since everyone had decent individual update that are viable and usable like Morrigan which had a notable change while the overall MVCi Ryu version does not compensate with the lost of his UMVC3 updates and radical unnecessary change of projectile properties that destroy his overall reliable playstyle.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    You keep bringing up Morrigan as an example, but as far as I've seen her zoning has been nerfed moreso than Ryu's. In fact, her defensive options in general have been nerfed with unfly cancels gone and her shell kick doesn't seem to hit overhead anymore so her offense was nerfed too. I feel like you're exaggerating Ryu's "possible" shortcomings when you compare him to her and say HE's the one getting the raw end of the deal.
    My Characters/Teams:

Is there some kind of character function discrimination here, that this should remain this? I really like UMVC3 that breaks those norms and biases even with it's setbacks and imperfection.

Why Morrigan because she was the most often used argument to this projectile deflect radical change and why it is bring into this game in first place. Now someone is saying Ryu had better updates in MVCi or would be a better tier than Morrigan?

It's amazing how people were saying Ryu might be this so he is better or Ryu might be that but the every video proves the otherwise and every previous comments favors my raise issues. I hope the confidence and stand to his character is real indeed without the biases of how they want the character to remain bellow average.How many here are sensationalizing that Sen Hadouken before is in fact better than Baku Hadouken? Which is another move in UMVC3 that is rare seen in competitive play, And I hope also those that promotes the Sen hadoken would used them more than anyone would rationally think about.

Ryu had loss much than his previous UMVC3 counterpart that is a fact.

Projectile deflect affects more Ryu than Morrigan is or the other many character that can be exploited in the future. Why? because Ryu was build to play and depend on a Hadoken than any other characters.

Wait are you said Ryu had better projectile durability than others any credible sources about that? or it was pure assumption and exageration.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 662
    Erm when were hadouken's so pivotal to Ryu's game in Mvc(3), that projectile deflections having severely reduced his viability?
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    edited July 13
    JL--bW.gif

np040s.gif

I see your point @d3v. Getting them to react is the purpose. But I don't see how this new change is beneficial at all for the character compared to everybody else and their kit. It is so slow compared to a game that is really fast paced.

Granted the game is not even out yet so who knows whether it is good or not. I just would rather see something that helps him keep up with the other characters in the game. Stuff I'm complaining addressing maybe already fixed and put into the game.

For example we saw wwwaaayyy more Akuma's than Ryu's in UMVC3 (if Rayray wasn't the only person). This is because Akuma had more "functions" (lol never gonna get old) to work with over Ryu that made him always the better pick.

I'm just like everybody else thats want change and is upset at what I'm seeing because I care so much. The cool things he had going like his install could be explored more like giving him a damage boost and more meter gain.

When I see Ryu I see a fighter. Not an ordinary man. I just want him to be portrayed as such.

giphy.gif

(Yes I know this is animated but its to help my point.)

I lost my train of thought.
    edited July 13
    YawDan wrote: »
    Erm when were hadouken's so pivotal to Ryu's game in Mvc(3), that projectile deflections having severely reduced his viability?

I just feel in general this topic is very trivial over a problem that he's never even really had. None of the shotos in Marvel were even really decent because of their fireball until I guess MVC3 Akuma. VDO barely ever throws fireballs with his Ken in MVC2 and that's a character that's maybe lower mid at best in a game where there's really supposed to only be like 6 characters and 3 assists at the highest level.

• YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 662
    Guess people just want to talk about the game.

Hopefully this level of interest remains in during the games lifecycle.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    YawDan wrote: »
    Hopefully this level of interest remains in during the games lifecycle.

Ah yes, continuous talk of crack

edited July 13
    Ryu in TVC and UMVC3 was never a mistake they were average unlike the other version, He being better than his MVC2 counter part was wrong?

Ryu is more supernatural and has more depth in training than Cyclops and Chun li that can do multiple jumps that defy gravity, So why can't he get to return the Air Dash from TVC because he was to be supposed to be bad like the previous games. I think even removing his Hyper Shinkuu Hadoken in future MVC would be plausible to people here.

Shoryuken and Tatsu as Ryu's is tthe most used Ryu Special move than Hadouken? yeah seems believable.

He was stripped down in this version from the previous decent version, Projectile deflect shouldn't be here in the first place. Deflecting his own hadouken while following up with a mobility option(teleport, air dash or etc) or a more dominant form of projectile like bullets, laser and multi hitting project leave Ryu no choice other than to switch, block or use hyper. While the other character are more sensible for advantages and exploiting game mechanics in an overall form.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    I wasn't necessarily placing Ryu higher than Morrigan, just stating that he's not the most hurt by the projectile deflection or any other gameplay changes. If anything, he will fare much better in this game than he ever had a chance of doing in UMVC3. Free tag system, universal otgs/bounces, and lower chip damage will help him deal with more dedicated zoners while giving him the tools to capitalize off rushdown better than in 3 where he couldn't even convert off a magic series combo without an assist.
    My Characters/Teams:

edited July 13
    Many criticize and misinterpret DBFZ interview about character viability or possible character biases ironically.. MVCi is more DBZ than DBFZ because they want Ryu to be the Yamcha of MVC series?

Okay so he isn't the most hurt here? because his hadouken has projectile durability?... might be?

Morrigan tech was the issue that many point out if you back read, yet ironically she got a personal treatment of updates the new diagonal upward fireball that is viable in play, while Ryu got the Glorious/Animu/RPG attack special attack...

Whoever did in charge with individual balance and updates in UMVC3 did a better job despite having more characters while in MVCi kinda meh for taken for granted and stripped particular character that is know as a flagship fighter character because he was supposed to be a role that is?.... Yamcha? MVC character viability wants to be more DBZ than DBFZ..

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Ryu is not Yamcha. Ryu is Ryu. Not the best, not the worst. An upward fireball is not the deciding factor between good and trash. He can't fly/air dash, but he couldn't do that in 3 either. He is not being given any special treatment one way or the other. We'll have to wait until substantial gameplay is shown before we say how strong/weak he is. What if he can parry? What if he can aim his beam upwards? You have no idea so just wait and see.
    My Characters/Teams:

edited July 13
    Who said about the upward fireball saying the charcater is trash? were talking about usability and viability here. I be glad to trade and swap the Sen Hadouken and Baku Hadouken together with Morrigan new diagonal projectile update.

Wait what parry your talking about? were are you getting this another fanciful assumption? does that include any news about Ryu doing focus attack and Ken assist special move?

Ryu is Ryu like MVC2?but never Ryu is Ryu like UMVC3? Ryu is not Ryu in TVC? Ryu is not Ryu unless he is MVC2 Ryu? Ryu was the Yamcha of MVC2 the worst, I'm not saying Ryu is Yamacha, but Ryu is the representation of YAMCHA in the MVC series while Chunli is supposed to have better mobility option moment because she was the strongest woman of the world?

Cyclops and Chunli have better mobility option than Ryu because is a lesser martial artist? Ryu is more supernatural than Spiderman and Wolverine combined.
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    I realized long ago all this pointless banter is just filler while we wait for more solid info, but I will continue cause why not.

I was talking about upward fireballs because you mentioned several times (including this last time) that Morrigan is gaining so much with this move whereas Ryu is supposedly getting nothing. Fyi: Morrigan had an upward Soulfist in 3. It's not a new move at all. It covers a good angle, sure, but it's not all that.

The parry crap was me telling you that Ryu's full moveset and properties have yet to be disclosed. We don't know how good/bad he is, so why go on this rant about what he needs when he may very well have it?

Lastly, Chun-Li has more air mobility than Ryu because it's always been that way. From her toe tap in SF2 to her super high jump arc in SFIV to her vskill in SFV she has always been more mobile in the air than Ryu. Doesn't mean she's a superior martial artist, just that her style is more speed/mobility based while his is more power based. He's not the Yamcha of the game if he hits hard, and do you really think they'll give him low mobility and have him NOT hit hard?
    My Characters/Teams:

edited July 14
    Did you ever even saw the command list? or even watch some play videos or have you ever even backread why Morrigan was in here in the first place?

Wait where are you getting this parry, aiming sen hadoken and whatever ideas you can imagine or come out? it's pointless to use something that isn't even there. Is this like another snake oil salesman talk?

Your keep talking of a way? he should be this way.. but why can he be the other way or the previous way? the UMVC3 way or the TVC way? SF2? Sf4 way? SF5 way?Smash way had a different way too.

Ryu was the Yamcha of MVC2 is that the way?

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 14
    20046794_1237481686397405_5362283636074616551_n.jpg?oh=6a9a6ca57fa16ba19ed67ec6e6570b6e&oe=59FC9581

Some are assumed that DBFZ might have character discrimination because of story biases that may threatened character viability in unjust to favor the strongest in the story, The ironic part is some people wanted Ryu to a return back as a lower than average character or be just a noobie tutorial character because he was an ordinary human being than the rest of the cast (including Chun li, Chris, FrankW or the rest ordinary human that isn't into mystical martial arts) that he doesn't deserve everything he receive in UMVC3(bunch of upgrades) and TVC(air dash) as it was a mistake because they want to favor an idea of him being lower than average as if Ryu is supposed to remain as Yamcha's counterpart in the MVC series because they dislike the previous in UMVC3 because he should stay bellow. This biases would turn MVC into more DBZ than DBZF itself because of being DBZ interms of favorable character viability and usability.

#dbfz #mahvel #dbz #yamcha #mvci #mvc3 #umvc3 #mvc2 #ryu #magikarp #arcsyc #asw #capcom #hadoken #bamco #bandai #namco #marvel #infinite #hado #kakusei #denjin #airdash #projectiledeflect

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    If Ryu was actually Yamcha he'd be like DBZF where he's relegated to being an assist for Akuma because Ryu by lore can not kill Marvel characters or some BS like that.

edited July 14
    He can with few like, but It's not necessary about killing but rather knocking them out. Ryu is a mystical martial artist to begin not a man with that has incredible feats that beyond some mutant can do or a man that heavily depends on equipment. His not an ordinary human that heavily depends on gadgets or some sort of trickery or a gene modified being that fights only with an energy blast.

Satsu no Hadou is the Phoenix Force counterpart in Sf universe but without the immortal and cosmic thing gimmick other than speed, teleportation, invincibility and power.

"I can't control it" -Phoenix in UMVC

In fact If using lore his more better fighter/martial artist than previous like Chun li, Jill, Spencer and Chris or whoever army, police or a gadget man person.

Ryu had bested already Akuma in the future after the influenced of MU/ Hado kakusei.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 14
    at least it is truthful, real and factual unlike what the others said which are the what if, should if, might be and maybe that is based from wishful thinking and assumptions or even imaginations... even the recent information favors my arguments and probably the later will also.

Because the guys in-charge MVCi wasn't giving the same way of productivity that the guys in UMVC3 did, Every game has its flaws and mistake but at least it wasn't intentional part of taken for granted because they are just functions... that's probably why we get the lazy quick fix projectile deflect without thinking of it's draw back and affected characters since they are just treated as function.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    NoChart wrote: »
    The hyperbole in this thread is fucking unreal.

You know Ryu is going to suck and your evidence is a command list and 5 minutes of in-game footage from two builds ago?

You made it sound as though the game is coming out in 2018...
    edited July 14
    I just hope someday Ryu wouldn't be included anymore in any MVC series if this trend continues after UMVC3 and Capcom would just pick Akuma instead along with Chun li since they were just function.... Why Akuma? because at least he isn't locked to a specific impression of discrimination and biases to be a bellow average as a character.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 874
    edited July 14

And here I thought I was making it sound like you shouldn't make a claim without evidence to back it up.

Something like bitching about a character being trash in a game you haven't played with a quarter of its roster unaccounted for.

People have every right to be bitching about a great many things when it comes to MvCI. Comparative character viability sure as hell isn't one of them.
    Steam ID: NoChart
    Amazing how people contradict there opinions to favor there biases. What your ever changing stand to convince stuff doesn't make your opinion relevant because your opinions justify your cause not your stand.

People who does not give a fak makes other believe that the character is good without even playing and seeing without any concern to the character viability and effectiveness while criticizing interested people that gave opinions and feed backs on the obvious and visible.

Thats how software dev works you give feed backs and that is how a wise client/consumer does gives feed back on information given, not the kind that just buy things and return things. Capcom has no obligation to change stuff as soon as you bought them.

Ryu in MVC3 was upgraded in UMVC3? why? because he lack something. Ryu in MVCi was stripped from those updates and replace by this new chargeable special move that is obvious along with the radical game changer that breaks Ryu's core playstyle which shouldn't be there in the first place or should not affect Ryu because Ryu was not dominant in UMVC3 he doesn't deserve the current treatment.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 14

And here I thought I was making it sound like you shouldn't make a claim without evidence to back it up.

Something like bitching about a character being trash in a game you haven't played with a quarter of its roster unaccounted for.

People have every right to be bitching about a great many things when it comes to MvCI. Comparative character viability sure as hell isn't one of them.

My argument is his new charge whatever takes to long to get out compared to everybody else. Evidence is in the gifs.

Nothing to do until the game comes out anyways. lol
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 795

My argument is his new charge whatever takes to long to get out compared to everybody else. Evidence is in the gifs.

Nothing to do until the game comes out anyways. lol

So it's a complaint that Ryu has a new thing, but it's not as good as other people's and as such is worthless?
    What's next? "Zero has Sogenmu but Morrigan has Astral Vision, which is better, so Zero isn't as good"?
    The fact is they've given Ryu something that he can use in this game to take advantage of the tag system outside of Tatsumaki. This can only be a good thing.
    Also bear in mind that the two changes to Ryu (Chargable beam + level 3 animation) show that everything we've seen up until now has been older builds. Maybe in the newest build his air LK Tatsu gives him so crazy movement, maybe his install makes him become Akuma and actually mobile. At this point we can't know.

Oh, and anyone complaining about how long it takes to charge that beam.
    Have you seen the amount of time people are knocked down for in this game? Knockdown, charge beam, tag doesn't look outside the realm of possibility at all.
    Yup I understand that. So I won't be complaining about it anymore. No reason to until the game comes out and people test out how good it is. But onto a more important topic...

jpg

Why isn't this his dlc costume? Thor and him would be on GQ magazine.
    edited July 14
    If Ryu's Hadouken was spared from this radical change in the first place, it would had been tolerable and considerable even without the beam. Which is easier and solve everything without complicating.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 795
    edited July 14
    I might've sounded like a dick but I've seen so little conversation and so much whining and bitching on SRK the last few months and every last morsel of genuine debate ground into dust I read every thread in a whiny redditor voice.
    Here's hoping we get a shit load of footage from Evo and can make proper assessments on just how ass Ryu is going to be.
    xD

Thor only comes along with Arthur and his "Lance".

edit -
    If Ryu's hadouken was spared from this radical change in the first place, it would had been tolerable and considerable even without the beam.

Do you mean the system wide change of reflected projectiles?