RYU is back with poor mobility option, bad projectile utility and predictable gameplay.

Comments

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,566
    Ryu was decent in XvS, MvS and TVC.

He was average in UMVC3 and MVC1.

His worst was in MVC2.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,602
    Ryu doesn't fit in terms of what he can bring compared to the rest of the cast. Yes he can do Kamehameha but that pales in comparison to everybody else who can fly, shoot stuff, and throw beams as well. Just my opinion. He always feels to me he is lacking something that makes him stand out and not somebody you scroll over to pick the character besides him.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,281
    He don't need a air dashes, he need a move that functions like a air dash, like give him a tatsu like Ken's from sfv where it goes straight down in the air, or stuff like akuma where it nullified projectiles
    quicks wrote: »
    He don't need a air dashes, he need a move that functions like a air dash, like give him a tatsu like Ken's from sfv where it goes straight down in the air, or stuff like akuma where it nullified projectiles

That would be cool to be honest. But...would he be Ryu or "function" Ryu? He'll lose his identity then.

Wow that sounds kinda deep. Why the hell they had to go and say function. Ugh.
    GhostTear wrote: »

That would be cool to be honest. But...would he be Ryu or "function" Ryu? He'll lose his identity then.

Wow that sounds kinda deep. Why the hell they had to go and say function. Ugh.

No really his tatsu goes over fireballs in every game anyways

One that works like a dive kick isnta stretch he's still gonna end ryu
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,566
    edited July 8
    Air dash doesn't wreck Ryu it improves him.

Ryu just gotta be Mu Ryu or Hado kakusei Ryu like in UMVC3.

Increasing his projectile durability by 3 hits would help him. His more hadouken than any move like shoryuken and tatsu.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    Air dash doesn't wreck Ryu it improves him.

Ryu just gotta be Mu Ryu or Hado kakusei Ryu like in UMVC3.

Increasing his projectile durability by 3 hits would help him. His more hadouken than any move like shoryuken and tatsu.

If ryu gets a air dash then the argument is there for everybody else to get one and I don't want that to happen
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,246 mod
    Yes. Ryu getting an air dash will start the oversaturation of anime in Marvel. Only anime should go full anime

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited July 8
    lol people that skip and never even mained Ryu or show confident with his character and choose a better function than him, shows feared, concern or threatned for Ryu having an air dash because of what?the fate of the universe? the fate of marvel? poor analogy and fail logic there, haha... What's next? Swords, bullets and claws should have been unblockable in this game unless your Captain America?

Cyclops, and Chun li got multiple air jumps not twice and thats triple.. Chun li is a human police woman then Cyclops mutant power ain't air jumping or like Toad and Haggar can pull pipes from his pocket instead of picking them.. all of those that no body loses there minds.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

lol people that skip and never even mained Ryu or show confident with his character and choose a better function than him, shows feared, concern or threatned for Ryu having an air dash because of what?the fate of the universe? the fate of marvel? poor analogy and fail logic there, haha... What's next? Swords, bullets and claws should have been unblockable in this game unless your Captain America?

Cyclops, and Chun li got multiple air jumps not twice and thats triple.. Chun li is a human police woman then Cyclops mutant power ain't air jumping or like Toad and Haggar can pull pipes from his pocket instead of picking them.. all of those that no body loses there minds.

So with this logic let's give capitan America. Air dash, a sword, multiple fireballs and flight mode , teleports

Just because........

Infact let's just give every character the excat same set of tools so every character is the same minus looks?

Why not?

If everybody has the same tools diversity goes the fuck down so do playstyles
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    So with this logic let's give capitan America. Air dash, a sword, multiple fireballs and flight mode , teleports

Just because........

Infact let's just give every character the excat same set of tools so every character is the same minus looks?

Why not?

If everybody has the same tools diversity goes the fuck down so do playstyles

But the purpose of gems is to do exactly that.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    edited July 10
    Like any fighting game, the gems won't 100 percent attain their design goal in competitive play. There are going to be gems that clearly better to use than the others just like how C/A and K grooves pretty much made the other grooves not worth using at the highest level of CVS2. N groove was good, but there was no strategic reason to use it over those 3 among the best characters.

There will be some characters where the time teleport surge won't be enough to improve their poor mobility and there will be characters where the power stone doesn't do enough for the damage issues. Either way the attempt should yield some very interesting results and create a very diverse field of what is viable.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited July 10
    Yeah like everyone had the gems and that excluded the recent buffs and upgrade.

I think the biggest mistake of capcom in Ryu for Marvel versus series is adding super jump, launcher and dash to Ryu? I think it's time to remove those too, since he have all the tools he need the hadouken, shoryuken and Tatsu from the very beginning that can be also maximize the potential because of the freestyle tag.

I petition to remove those mobility option and in SFV Ryu can take crush counter upon SRK recovery this should have also in the game too since Ryu can utilize tagging out.

Ryu doesn't even need Hyper Combos since this game already has Infinity storm.

Morrigan had nice new special moves that is seen more often in game, Glad Arthur and Thanos gain new mobiity option.

Chunli the police woman is more supernatural than Ryu the hobo that dedicated his life to self improvement to harness and contain the two of the most dangerous and powerful Ki in SF universe?

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 646
    They should have just used E. Ryu instead. There is still a Ryu in the game, just more savage.
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
    Yup since Capcom had been doing that with Megaman having Megaman, Volnutt and X..

The best Ryu iteration was UMVC3's Hado Kakusei/Mu Ryu

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    They should have just used E. Ryu instead. There is still a Ryu in the game, just more savage.

He's already breaking through

urrinxx.gif

• NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 932
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »

The edgelord versions of a character are only better than the original if you are six years old.

At any rate, it ultimately comes down to brand recognition. Ryu is easily one of the most recognizable characters in all of fighting games. Using the evil version as his replacement would create confusion with a casual audience. Keeping his moves recognizable is a part of that recognition. Casuals are familiar with those moves and will need to rely on them as they learn this strange and new beast of a system.

Don't like karate man's basic-ass moveset? Don't play karate man. He's staying just the way he is.
    Steam ID: NoChart
    The mature Ryu was UMVC3 were Hadou Kakusei/Mu is that stronger and better than SNH Ryu in many ways

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

edited July 11
    rayray will still hold him down. even though it was holding him back...
    edited July 11
    Depends if Rayray still has an attachment to Ryu when the game launches. I know he liked Chun Li also even though she isn't that great outside of running away with harmonizer assist.

Depends if Rayray still has an attachment to Ryu when the game launches. I know he liked Chun Li also even though she isn't that great outside of running away with harmonizer assist.

All character have otgs now so i hope he sticks with him. Was good knowing rayray was up to see some high level ryu.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,972 mod

All character have otgs now so i hope he sticks with him. Was good knowing rayray was up to see some high level ryu.

That was true of the older games, doesn't mean it'll help him here.
    d3v wrote: »

You watched rayray games? A lot of the time when he lost sent or mags ryu didn't really have anything to follow up because the otgs were dead. Ordinary man aint so ordinary any more.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,972 mod

You watched rayray games? A lot of the time when he lost sent or mags ryu didn't really have anything to follow up because the otgs were dead. Ordinary man aint so ordinary any more.

Yeah, but that's also in Marvel 3's engine. Doesn't meant that'll necessarily be his issues here. Stuff like getting an actual beam special now are probably a bigger help for him here than old school OTGs.
    Does Ryu even need hyper gauge? I beginning to be convince he didn't need it because he used manage to be playable in the original SF2 with the glitchy Guile handcuff. That Guile Handcuff is tougher than any inifinity storm and combo you can imagine in MVCi.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

edited July 12
    Yeah, but that's also in Marvel 3's engine. Doesn't meant that'll necessarily be his issues here. Stuff like getting an actual beam special now are probably a bigger help for him here than old school OTGs.

He was already getting beam specials from assists. If that is what you mean. I'm saying he doesn't have to rely on his teammates to maximize his damage output now that otgs are universal. It was sad to know when sent or mags died ryu's damage fell off hard. If he didn't have a hyper then rayray would just do a normal combo and pray for cross-up/overhead hit confirm. You get my point right?
    Post edited by GhostTear on
    Everyone has more capable basic combo routes due to the new engine. It remains to be seen how useful his beam is since you have to charge it first

Everyone has more capable basic combo routes due to the new engine. It remains to be seen how useful his beam is since you have to charge it first

Wtf. Charge his beam?

Wtf. Charge his beam?

It's like another of those Baku Hadoken in UMVC3 that you wish to hit your unsuspecting opponent.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Wtf. Charge his beam?

It's like another of those Baku Hadoken in UMVC3 that you wish to hit your unsuspecting opponent.

I have to see this when I get off of work. Can you link friend?
    edited July 12
    I think it was in the recent video with SNH/evil ryu update in ShinSRK.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

JL--bW.gif

giphy.gif
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,055
    JL--bW.gif

giphy.gif

I imagine it's to give him all the basic tools to survive as a predictable shoto in a Marvel game. Seems like every character with zoning tools is being given a way to throw off the projectile reflection mechanic. From what I saw it takes a while to charge, but charging on a tag seems very feasible and we don't know all the ways it can be used. For all we know, there could be a way to aim it up. Ryu was never designed to be a pure zoner anyway, so it's really just a nice thing to have.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    Iron Man doesn't even have anything that can be reflected. Which is a good initial step for him being able to actually zone.

You can reflect soul fists, but I already see Chris G just learning timing and patterns to re reflect soul fists back at people and then throw another fireball on top of it. Plus if Mind stone is as nutty for astral vision as it could be, that trap zoning is going to be oppressive.

Hopefully he can do it an angle. Captain Marvel could've just air dashed to him and got a hit confirm in the time it takes to charge...
    edited July 13
    I think ideally you'll only be using the beam to counter other projectile/beam zoning. Using that vs an 8 way air dash character just passively moving about or a grounded rushdown character is just asking for an ass whooping.

• KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,055
    Yeah, seems like beams trump fireballs in this game. We don't know exactly how durability works though, so there may be more to it. Ryu will probably sit at mid tier where he belongs, like a "jack of all trades, but master of none" kind of deal.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    edited July 13
    I just dont see it being useful at all when we have characters that can teleport, super jump, jump (lol), and throw fireballs/projectiles at an angle too. in less time than it takes to charge in order for him to do kamehameha. hopefully that was the hard version...

oh shit wait does he have installllllllll
    Post edited by GhostTear on
    edited July 13
    Ryu was not the jack of all trade in MVC2 and MVC3 or even in UMVC3 which he was average, there was no jack of all trade consistent impression for Ryu in crossover series of Marvel.

No one from the PR guys said about anything with projectile durability that Ryu even need.
    JL--bW.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, like I said earlier, this prove everything again what I have said. The others reaction and comment here just want Ryu to be stuck as a meh character even with the recent unappropriate and unnecessary projectile deflect.

Even the reaction and comments this thread by different people is to drop or replace Ryu for a better character or assume him to have an imaginary representation and symbolism of a supposed tier that needs to stay lower than average this already solidify my point even further better than any kind of unreliable form suggestion and bias misleading opinions.

This guys just wanted Ryu to be low and worst than his UMVC3 and TVC counter part, Capcom knew Ryu need upgrade and TVC and UMVC3 before Combo Function had become a part of this. Ryu was in fact even updated from MVC3 to UMVC3 that makes him better the his MVC3 counterpart that is lacking, boring and uninteresting.

It's like they have taken for granted Ryu because nobody would care for him and there is another Shoto that has better function that him, known as Morrigan. This function thing threatment of Capcom makes an often used characters doesn't need attention...

this proves my point with the recent Morrigan personal update in MVCi the diagonal upward projectile that should have been for RYU instead because Sakura had those in versus series and Gouken also did in SFV.
    Hopefully he can do it an angle.

He doesn't it was not listed in the command list, If that was like Ice man in MVC2 even with the delay it probably worked
    oh shit wait does he have installllllllll

No he doesn't all his UMVC3 useful buff was stripped away

Everyone seem threatned by Ryu with Air dash...

The projectile deflect mechanic is just another lazy quick fix a bad design of counter play that affect everyone universally that isn't even a threat while the intended of focus isn't dealt with a situation directly but instead gave addition personal buff a new special move to improve zone capabilities.

Things Capcom could do is bring back the previous RYU installs and projectile durability or add Air dash to make him less predictable and anticipated because of having other mobility options.

They Ryu just need an install that makes the Super/Hyper Shinkuu Hadouken to Shin Hadouken like in the Hado Kakusei buff even without damage and speed buff so they could take a way the time limit.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

I get where everybody is coming from. Remains to be seen how good he actually is until release. So far not looking good.

They even got rid of his install...gosh..