RYU is back with poor mobility option, bad projectile utility and predictable gameplay.

124»

Comments

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,657
    edited July 14
    And were back on the maybe's, I just hope next footage wouldn't be back in maybe's, Combo Function himself all ready had test run Ryu and the command list was everything that it is. Assuming they might add stuff and change stuff is a bit of chance already.

Animation doesn't automatically means viable and usability.

That radical change will totally messed Ryu core design because his effectivity is his projectile usability which is the sole responsive special and this change will make him not a sensible choice because of his viability than other projectile users.
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,657
    Seeing how creative they did towards other projectile, from megaman, Ironman and morrigan while removing all the decent Hadouken variations of Ryu did by the team in charge of UMVC3.

It seems biased or just Ryu is taken for granted because he was just a function, It's like the team in MVCi just want Ryu to be the Yamcha of the series as a noob test play character. Ryu is the one that suffered more from this projectile defect.

And this thread is full of wishful thinking and whimsical assumption that came out of nowhere not from Capcom or there PR or any command list. Every one can come up with a what if this was or that was but they are no Capcom and the command list the legit answers. Combo function already did a test run on this character.

Were I'm not hoping for Ryu to have flashy animation and fanciful moves what we need is effectivity and usefullness I wouldn't bother playing UMVC3 Ryu with the same effectivity in moves in MVCi. It's like the team in MVCi is bias to favor a playstyle that is clearly obvious in the capability and upgrade of others.

In fact they even trimmed and narrowed the size of the Shinkuu hadouken.

Akuma should have been in this game instead because he have no character discrimination or some sort of biases in the community that wants Ryu to be the Yamcha of the series it's obvious by how the previous comment that say his supposed to be down there or be "just" that or just picked another function crap.

If this bias and trends continues Ryu should never appear in any MVC title and replace him with Akuma that has no bias limitation or what so ever imaginary role to a specific community They are just turning Ryu as the Yamcha of the MVC in terms of usability.

The clear was the Ryu core viability as a effective projectile user will never be especially with the projectile deflect that messed his core playstyle directly.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 651
    Can't speak to the early series as I was nearly half my age when they released, so have less memory of the games and (an even less understanding of the games at the time), but at least in U/MvC3, Ryu was never projectile based. His normals and tatsu mix ups were his main tools. And assists helped him in neutral more than any utility he could get from his fireballs, even when they were upgraded in Ultimate.

If anything, his fireballs are more viable now as assists are no longer in the game; neutral is based solely around point characters actions. There are fewer things reducing the effectiveness of fireballs in Infinite.

Still, if Ryu's projectiles are not of use to you, you can still take advantage of the games mechanics such as the more flexible tag system and gems to give him extra dimensions.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 1,872
    im just gonna wait until the game comes out and voice my opinion then and hope the spies of capcom (deviljin and d3v) take my thoughts and ideas and give it to capcom. why they get rid of install is beyond me.
    edited July 15
    He was decent in UMVC3, I hope he won't be back to Yamcha status of MVC games.. Since its a few months, easy way to fix this without complication is exception to the projectile deflect rule and adding a projectile durability 3 so it's like an ex version of hadouken...

if people are really afraid and terrified with RYU that had air dash like TVC.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,536 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    GOOOO RYUUUUU

mwDx9G.gif

Ooooh...that's not...Ryu...

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

Too bad it isn't still Ryu, Ryu should have been exempted

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 888
    Just equip the space stone with ryu and you won't have to worry about getting punished while charging hadokens. There, problem solved.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    I'm not talking about stone mechanics because everyone can used those what i meant was individual updates and treatment like the other had decent treatment.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 1,872
    i'm trying to make out the chip. it looks like its there but he stops blocking.
  • NevflinnNevflinn Joined: Posts: 1,008
    otori wrote: »
    Well he's kinda expected to be generic. What tools were you exactly looking for?

Even if he looks kinda lame we don't know how good/bad he is yet. Maybe he hits like a truck with optimal combos, shinkuu is super fast and can punish everything, maybe DP tag cancel is an invulnerable reversal and somewhat safe, overhead tag cancel maybe combos, etc. There's some stuff to test so that even if his mobility is absolute ass he might have a niche among those characters you mentioned.

This line of thinking has never made sense to me. Ryu is typically the foundation of the game he's in; he's specialised subtly but is also able to compete with any situation. His own design depends on the hadoken - if projectile reflection shuts him down, that's a problem with his character build. Perhaps Hadoken should have a property that prevents it from deflection, like a second hit?
    PSN ID - Tautologist
    XBL - Mardyke Raider

Team: Arthur/Ryu/Amaterasu (team order varies)
    Nevflinn wrote: »
    otori wrote: »
    Well he's kinda expected to be generic. What tools were you exactly looking for?

Even if he looks kinda lame we don't know how good/bad he is yet. Maybe he hits like a truck with optimal combos, shinkuu is super fast and can punish everything, maybe DP tag cancel is an invulnerable reversal and somewhat safe, overhead tag cancel maybe combos, etc. There's some stuff to test so that even if his mobility is absolute ass he might have a niche among those characters you mentioned.

This line of thinking has never made sense to me. Ryu is typically the foundation of the game he's in; he's specialised subtly but is also able to compete with any situation. His own design depends on the hadoken - if projectile reflection shuts him down, that's a problem with his character build. Perhaps Hadoken should have a property that prevents it from deflection, like a second hit?

Ryu just isn't as dependent on his fireball as people make it out to be. People who say that must only play Super Turbo or SFIV.

Ryu has been in plenty of games where his hadoken isn't that relevant to his strength. You basically don't need it other than the EX one in 3rd Strike, in Alpha 3 he honestly threw a lot more buttons than fireballs and then tried to fish for CC, in TvC he was mostly generic air dash pressure and in Marvel 3 there were certain matchups he didn't even really have any reason to use it in.

If Ryu is going to be good there's a lot of ways he can be good. Whether he is good or bad isn't necessarily determined by the fireball on its own. The way this game is going he could have a bad for reasons that have nothing to do with his fireball, or even be good for reasons that have nothing to do with his fireball.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

His hadouken here should have something like his EX version Hadouken in Sf4 and Sf5 that has better durability, even projectile from normal attacks, lasers and bullets that is multiple hitting easily intimidate Ryu attempt response along with this projectile deflect they'll just deflect it then follow with whatever superior projectile response that Ryu will easily controled because of the lack of mobility options like air dash....

Cable and Cyclops had multiple jumps and no one questioned it.

His shoryuken and tatsu is an obvious that made him predictable that he needs to depend to tagswitch to make it safe yet it make the whole playstyle predictable that cost your red life of recovery and expose your partner just to protect Ryu.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Buff Chris, he has to reload every 3 magnum shots. Very predictable and vulnerable, while Ryu gets infinite hadoukens. He also has no invincible reversal to deal with rushdown and crazy mixups which they gave Ryu. They want Chris to be the Yamcha of Marvel, I can feel it.....

You see what I did there?
    My Characters/Teams:

edited July 18
    Try harder shilling..

Your the guy that has a thought that Ryu is supposed to be "that" way and "that" way than the previous UMVC3

You create imaginary moves previously to justify your shilling now you create misleading comparison.

your to obvious from your past comments that always debunked you.

Wait amazing you didn't came up that he might have super saiyan blue transformation.

Mixup and rush down? wait your talking a guy with hadoken, shoryuken and tatsu having better mixup and unpredictability than Chris. haha

Your the one that makes people believe that there is a move that isn't in the command list.

Your the one that bring up crazy assumption of moves that was never been in the game or command list.

Wait Chris is more predictable the Ryu? wait shoryuken, hadouken and tatsu? then the other most recent obvious to hit sen hadouken? predictability..

https://www.eventhubs.com/moves/mvci/chris-redfield/

Misleading biases and fallacy comparison.

Comparing Ryu to Chris in terms of projectile reliability this is funny.

Does even Ryu's hadouken the only sole projectile dominate Chris numerous projectile option?

Can even Ryu deflect Chris and Can Christ even deflect Ryu? The projectile deflect does not work on laser and bullets.

Your using words that isn't justify the character. many would play Chris competitively than Ryu in the release.

Yeah the ever obvious Shoryuken at Tatsu

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 863
    Try harder shilling..

Your the guy that has a thought that Ryu is supposed to be "that" way and "that" way than the previous UMVC3

You create imaginary moves previously to justify your shilling now you create misleading comparison.

your to obvious from your past comments that always debunked you.

Wait amazing you didn't came up that he might have super saiyan blue transformation.

Mixup and rush down? wait your talking a guy with hadoken, shoryuken and tatsu having better mixup and unpredictability than Chris. haha

Your the one that makes people believe that there is a move that isn't in the command list.

Your the one that bring up crazy assumption of moves that was never been in the game or command list.

Wait Chris is more predictable the Ryu? wait shoryuken, hadouken and tatsu? then the other most recent obvious to hit sen hadouken? predictability..

https://www.eventhubs.com/moves/mvci/chris-redfield/

Misleading biases and fallacy comparison.

Comparing Ryu to Chris in terms of projectile reliability this is funny.

Does even Ryu's hadouken the only sole projectile dominate Chris numerous projectile option?

Can even Ryu deflect Chris and Can Christ even deflect Ryu? The projectile deflect does not work on laser and bullets.

Your using words that isn't justify the character. many would play Chris competitively than Ryu in the release.

Yeah the ever obvious Shoryuken at Tatsu

It's honestly a little amazing that you stick to calling people who disagree with you about character balance "shilling". It's like arguing politics with an ESL Alex Jones.

You don't know what makes a character weak or strong in this game. None of us do yet.

All you've done is throw out assumptions like some nutjob in the street wearing a sign that says "THE END IS NIGH" and expect us to address your concerns like you've made an actual point. You are the one making assumptions. You have no evidence. All you've done is whine.

You come across like a delusional character loyalist throwing a tantrum.

Steam ID: NoChart
    edited July 18
    Shakunetsu is funny. He just has books and books of theories about Ryu and other characters. Ryu is practically a religion for him.

I wanna see how he plays the game. Should be interesting.

edited July 18
    NoChart wrote: »

It's honestly a little amazing that you stick to calling people who disagree with you about character balance "shilling". It's like arguing politics with an ESL Alex Jones.

Your the guy that keeps coming back in this thread that always been wronged.

Wait have you even tried searching the word "shill" in this thread? before giving false imaginary accusation .

You don't know what makes a character weak or strong in this game. None of us do yet.

All you've done is throw out assumptions like some nutjob in the street wearing a sign that says "THE END IS NIGH" and expect us to address your concerns like you've made an actual point. You are the one making assumptions. You have no evidence. All you've done is whine.

You come across like a delusional character loyalist throwing a tantrum.

Your trying projection right wait yeah right the hadouken, tatsu and shoryuken? cannot be judge by predictability along haha

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 863
    edited July 18
    See? This is what I'm talking about. I would love to engage with his preconceptions in some meaningful way, but every sentence is like spilled Scrabble tiles and SRK buzz-words all wrapped up in some raging persecution complex.
    Steam ID: NoChart
    edited July 18
    see what? Your current reply to my recent message doesn't even made sense? you just accuse and accuse?

back reading make sense try it.

The guy was obvious he create what if stuff.. like parries, aim-able sen hadoken and evil ryu tranform that make akuma that never appeared in the MVCi command list or even combofiend playthrough videos.

backreading can see the obvious

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    See? This is what I'm talking about. I would love to engage with his preconceptions in some meaningful way, but every sentence is like spilled Scrabble tiles and SRK buzz-words all wrapped up in some raging persecution complex.

It shows that you need to pick up on people faster if you're still trying to have serious conversations with him at this point.

edited July 18
    Every possible questioned and issue were answered decently in the previous pages(1-3) on this thread the rest pages were just recurring and redundant comments same that has been talked and in previous pages by old people go in and out or to simply derailing the issue by giving what if, should if or maybe imaginary super or special move that never appeared or been there in the playthrough of Combofiend or the command list in MVCi to mislead and confused.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Alright, man. If you're serious about this: what evidence do you have that Ryu is bad right now? I'm not even talking about the final build anymore, but the most recent build of the game. Because his fireballs can be reflected? Because he can't fly or airdash? Whatever the case, it's just an opinionated assumption for one major reason: we still have no idea what really matters in this game.

None of the Ryu footage we have seen so far feature 2 players who actually know how to play the game. Do fireballs matter? Does flight matter? Maybe zoning ends up really weak in this game due to low chip damage and reflectable projectiles. Maybe having flight mode is not as strong due to a lower stage ceiling. I'm using a lot of "maybe"s here because that's all we really have. As much as you want to believe that you know how Ryu is going to play, you just don't. You have no real evidence, just assumptions based off his current movelist compared to other characters designed to play differently. If you really love Ryu, you'd save your judgements for after you personally have tested him and tried to take advantage of his tools, or at least until someone who actually knows how to use Ryu demonstrates his potential properly. If you still feel he's weak after that, then others will be willing to listen to you.
    My Characters/Teams:

edited July 19
    The command list and playthrough is there. His sole projectile is deflected it is DEMO, We got an IDEA you just want to deny for him to compromised to your biases.

His UMVC3 powerups/installs have been all remove while the other characters have been improve and change. Thats another IDEA!

This is another redundant recurring comment tackled in early pages in detail.

Observe the comments of the same people on how they go in and out throwing misleading issues.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Lol, forever missing the point.....no one is refuting the facts. Yes, hadoken can be reflected. Yes, he no longer has that shitty install. He doesn't have the crazy invis or rapidfire hadokens either. That's not what this is about though. The underlying question is what does that mean? And with what we have now, the answer is we don't know. Adding and subtracting moves does not mean buffing or nerfing when moving between 2 different games. UMVC3 She-Hulk has more moves than Vanilla.....I hope you know where I'm going with this. If you can't look past the superficial stuff, I don't know what to tell you.
    My Characters/Teams:

You just want the game to be judge on retail when adding moves and abilities isn't possible thats when the hopeless part.

Looking back from the your past comment you didn't care about RYU's usability you contradict yourself. You have many misleading claims that never exist in the first place.

In your past comment reflect your motives your biases while i just go with what have been there using UMVC3 Ryu as a reference.

Whatever would say or create reflects your motives not what you say even how hard you mslead and derailthis.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)