They need to Fix Mega Man X.

2

Comments

  • DestinNotDustinDestinNotDustin Joined: Posts: 7
    @flicky
    I've always felt horizontal aerial beams performed better than horizontal fireballs. Ryu and Mega Man had them, and they were quite underwhelming tbh
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 409
    @flicky
    I've always felt horizontal aerial beams performed better than horizontal fireballs. Ryu and Mega Man had them, and they were quite underwhelming tbh

    When you say "had" them, are you referring to Volnutt? Was his chargeable?
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 795
    edited June 21
    "Ryu and Mega had them"
    "Are you referring to Volnutt?"

    Wut?
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,446
    Megaman Classic in MVC1 had horizontal fireballs. His hard punch was a fireball and could be charged up to be even bigger, doing one hit per second of charge time.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 409
    edited June 21
    Zachara wrote: »
    "Ryu and Mega had them"
    "Are you referring to Volnutt?"

    Wut?

    TvC...

    3678198449_8ee245f8f3.jpg
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 795
    flicky wrote: »
    Zachara wrote: »
    "Ryu and Mega had them"
    "Are you referring to Volnutt?"

    Wut?

    TvC...
    Zachara wrote: »
    "Ryu and Mega had them"
    "Are you referring to Volnutt?"

    Wut?
  • AKZuMAKZuM "Frustration Filter" Joined: Posts: 149
    The lack of attack diversity with X is kind of disappointing, but for me I would just make one small change to X Buster. Just allow X to move around while Charging, That's like his thing idk why he can't do it.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 409
    Zachara wrote: »
    flicky wrote: »
    Zachara wrote: »
    "Ryu and Mega had them"
    "Are you referring to Volnutt?"

    Wut?

    TvC...
    Zachara wrote: »
    "Ryu and Mega had them"
    "Are you referring to Volnutt?"

    Wut?

    Wat? Here I'll help you out, in a language you'll understand, then come back and we can chat. -b



  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,110
    At 6:20 Champ shows the potential of the buster.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 409
    willseless wrote: »
    At 6:20 Champ shows the potential of the buster.

    Nice video. What's more interesting is listening to some of the things they're saying.
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 795
    edited June 22
    I can't help but think that you think you're being smart when in fact all you did was ask a question that was already answered.
    Sorry I didn't point out that which I felt was fairly obvious.
    You then posted "TvC..."
    I repeated my previous post because you obviously still didn't understand that you'd answered your own question in the first place.

    I didn't realise that quoting the two things showing this would make your head hurt.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 409
    Zachara wrote: »
    I can't help but think that you think you're being smart when in fact all you did was ask a question that was already answered.
    Sorry I didn't point out that which I felt was fairly obvious.
    You then posted "TvC..."
    I repeated my previous post because you obviously still didn't understand that you'd answered your own question in the first place.

    I didn't realise that quoting the two things showing this would make your head hurt.

    The question wasn't answered at all. All he said was that Ryu and Megaman "had horizontal projectiles" which weren't very good, but he could have been talking about MvC, MvC2 or TvC, which are the only three Vs games where Ryu and Megaman have featured together, TvC being the latest of which. So how am I answering my own question when the answer to the question is multiple choice? And if TvC was the answer, then why are we talking about Volnutt instead of X? This is why I asked the question. You just don't have a fucking clue what had been said.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,806 mod
    Short hop buster charge pattern.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

    If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • SilverForteSilverForte Joined: Posts: 27
    Yeah while X's moveset seems kinda uninspired overall, it feels strong so far. Especially with the armor equip and that short hop, you can be firing out charge shots like crazy.
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,576 mod
    d3v wrote: »
    Zero on steroids sounds like a really broken character.

    In theory, yes.
    But I would prefer him to be more Sigma besides just sword attacks and teleport.
    Sigma is know for his multiple forms and Sigma virus.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

    PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 409


    I watch a video like this and just think, no, no, no, maybe, got it, no, no, got it... you wouldn't even know where to start designing a character like X when this is only just a small portion of weapons he has access to in the series. It seems like we got one or two weapons on this guys list so that's good, but man X has some broken stuff. Just to highlight a few, ricochet bullets, full screen pillar and beam, dummy shadow, firefly shield with scattered projectiles, a stationary buzz saw, an electricity shield that fires beams and traces walls and floors, X would be the most retarded character any fighting game has seen.

    I honour people's desire for a more faithful version of X, but damn is some of his shit broken.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,446
    edited June 24
    He should be a retarded character, it's all in the name of fun and fanservice. This game needs some crazy fan shit that I'm just not seeing.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 409
    edited June 24
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    He should be a retarded character, it's all in the name of fun and fanservice. This game needs some crazy fan shit that I'm just not seeing.

    No I agree. Not sure how you'd balance it though, maybe give him a power meter like Chris' ammo on top of his armour? That way he could have broken stuff but would have limited use and would have to re stock his power before he can use it again.

    I doubt we're gonna see any changes at this point though.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,446
    edited June 24
    flicky wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    He should be a retarded character, it's all in the name of fun and fanservice. This game needs some crazy fan shit that I'm just not seeing.

    No I agree. Not sure how you'd balance it though, maybe give him a power meter like Chris' ammo on top of his armour? That way he could have broken stuff but would have limited use and would have to re stock his power before he can use it again.

    I wrote up a lot of ideas for X on the last page on how they could implement this.

    Basically they'd just make his special weapons tied to his hyper meter, and all his supers would only be installs. Maybe he could get a really powerful shot super that changes depending on the armor he's wearing but overall I'd leave most of his supers as installs.
  • DestinNotDustinDestinNotDustin Joined: Posts: 7
    X is slowly growing on me. Which other character would you team him up with?
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....
    Where dose this actually end?

    X and strange look the best setup characters in the game
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,446
    quicks wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

    Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

    Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 96
    Sorry I've been away for some time due to important work.

    I have a great idea that I'm sure will not only make X fans happy a lot but the best part is IT REQUIRES MINIMAL TO ALMOST NO WORK FOR CAPCOM and can be very easily made.


    The least the could do is those 2 (Charge move and Chargable weapons).

    HERES HOW TO MAKE THEM WITH MINIMAL WORK REQUIRED ON CAPCOM'S PART

    1 Another charge while moving Buster which is different than the command based one retaining his current command based play. But you can either do the mobile one or command based one. Both charge shot can have different properties. However the mobile one takes a whole lot longer to charge and can be followed by other command based moves including his buster shot. It bascially acts like a Cancellable normal. Unlike Zero's aerial Diagonal Shot, X's is straight.
    WORK
    They can just use the regular charge shot on ground and in air animations for X. The shot particle can also be the same but with different properties. For the charge particle, they can just take Zero's charge particle since X's is just like that in X1 to X3. IN OTHER WORDS ONLY MOVE CODING REQUIRED.

    2 I know 4 moves arn't too much to make considering animations for some of them are already made and can be used. Add 4 charged versions of the Maverick weapons during Armored Mode. (ONE THING TO NOTE... MAKE IT ONLY INTERACT WITH THE LONGER MOBILE CHARGE SHOT AS I BELIEVE SMALL CHARGE TIMES WILL BREAK HIM)

    (a) Sonic Slicer charged like his games makes him throw Sonic Slicers upward that rain on area in front of him up to screen end.
    WORK
    The raise arm up animation is already made with Rising Fire, the can use that animation on X and simily make the already made Sonic Slicers up to total of 4 to 5 rain in area in front. Ground Bounces enemy. ONLY MOVE CODING IS REQUIRED.

    (b) Rising Fire Charged. X does a Shoryuken but with the Rising fire then releases it upward taking the opponent with it.
    WORK
    Again... the Shoryuken animation is already there on X's launcher. Use that for it. As for Rising Fire's particle, just use a bigger Rising Fire which is multi hitting. T
    HUS ONLY MOVE CODING REQUIRED AGAIN.

    (c) Frost Shield Charged. Makes a pointed Frost Shield in Front of him.
    WORK
    In close range as he is making it, it will damage heavily and freeze. After that. its just a shield that doesn't damage waiting to be destroyed by enemy projectiles. It's impassible like the MODOK shield till destroyed but it is not as big. You can jump and air dash off it.
    WORK
    For X's animation, just use a buster shot animation. The shield as it forms and becomes a full wall would have to be new though.
    TLDR 1 NEW ANIMATION AND MOVE CODING REQUIRED.

    (d) Boomerang Cutter Charged.
    WORK
    Have them all around X as sort of a "Get Away from Me" me tool which wall bounces when hit on enemy.
    WORK
    The animation for X again is already there. Boomerang particles are already there, just make them bigger in general.
    AGAIN MOVE CODING ONLY REQUIRED.



    WORK CAPCOM HAS TO DO FOR CHARGED MOVES ALL IN ALL

    -Work on coding of 5 moves. (1 Mobile Charge Shot and 4 Charged Moves)

    -Make only 1 brand new move particles. (Frost Shield Charged)



    I think this is very very doable provided Capcom puts their hearts into it. I have done coding and move altering with MVC3 and trust me, once you understand it, the coding doesn't take much time at all.
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 96
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    flicky wrote: »
    @ Josh

    Zero is already a broken character to begin with, X would just be even more broken. Horizontal projectiles are always super strong, can you imagine a chargeable horizontal arial Buster?

    Again, why are you complaining about broken shit? I thought that was the whole point of Marvel?

    I also didn't say anything about Zero. I don't care about any of that stuff, excuses don't make a game better. X should be the ultra fanservicey design that X fans have wanted for decades, he shouldn't be stifled because of a fucking rock.

    I agree. Dormammu has a fuckin Area Wide Explosion that does insane 1 Hit Meaty Damage and almost instant.
    He also has Fire Meteors Rain all over the screen.
    Those Full screen beams Captain Marvel, Dr. Doom, Magneto has.
    A Barrier that is even hard to overcome by Super Jump (MODOK)

    This is MAHVEL... things like those can work here with how crazy characters can get.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,072
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

    Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

    Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.

    Because not Evey character should have or needs 100's of moves, what you end up with that is a absolute mess , and limited character archetype identities you just end up with tools that overlap each other for no reason , there is only even a limited amount of inputs you can put on a character before it gets stupid
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,446
    edited June 25
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

    Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

    Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.

    Because not Evey character should have or needs 100's of moves

    X is one of the characters who does. Nobody was arguing for any of the other characters having hundreds of moves, that's something you pulled out of your ass.

    X is meant to be a crazy battle robot with tons of weapons and abilities at his disposal. There is no reason he shouldn't eclipse Dante's moveset. Coming up with excuses to stifle his potential is just dumb.
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 96
    edited June 25
    @PSYCH0J0SH
    I don't know If you'll love this or not. But made this back in UMVC3 days. Sorry the quality is bad. Forgive me there. You have to pause to read descriptions. I also made Armors not cost bars but each with its own mobility, charge shot uses etc. The base form also has a use. Wait for it. I made the charge easier by allowing the charge to stay once it charges. You can release the button. The charge will still stay. After that you can press H again for charged shot or a command to have its Charged Version done. Also just maybe you'll like my Level 4. (Level 3 done during Infinite Potential transformation)

  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

    Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

    Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.

    Because not Evey character should have or needs 100's of moves

    X is one of the characters who does.

    No he doesn't. Not even classic Mega Man in MvC1 & 2 had a large pool of moves and he still worked.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,072
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

    Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

    Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.

    Because not Evey character should have or needs 100's of moves

    X is one of the characters who does. Nobody was arguing for any of the other characters having hundreds of moves, that's something you pulled out of your ass.

    X is meant to be a crazy battle robot with tons of weapons and abilities at his disposal. There is no reason he shouldn't eclipse Dante's moveset. Coming up with excuses to stifle his potential is just dumb.

    So why dose X deserve it but strange , thanos, rocket, iron man, captian marvel.. don't?

    Why don't they

    Or is it because that's the character that you like so they deserve it?
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,446
    edited June 25
    @PSYCH0J0SH
    I don't know If you'll love this or not. But made this back in UMVC3 days. Sorry the quality is bad. Forgive me there. You have to pause to read descriptions. I also made Armors not cost bars but each with its own mobility, charge shot uses etc. The base form also has a use. Wait for it. I made the charge easier by allowing the charge to stay once it charges. You can release the button. The charge will still stay. After that you can press H again for charged shot or a command to have its Charged Version done. Also just maybe you'll like my Level 4. (Level 3 done during Infinite Potential transformation)


    Pretty cool! Must've taken a lot of effort.
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

    Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

    Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.

    Because not Evey character should have or needs 100's of moves

    X is one of the characters who does. Nobody was arguing for any of the other characters having hundreds of moves, that's something you pulled out of your ass.

    X is meant to be a crazy battle robot with tons of weapons and abilities at his disposal. There is no reason he shouldn't eclipse Dante's moveset. Coming up with excuses to stifle his potential is just dumb.

    So why dose X deserve it but strange , thanos, rocket, iron man, captian marvel.. don't?

    Why don't they

    Because those characters don't have their own video games that set a precedent for how they'd function in a fighting game? Obviously.
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 96
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

    Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

    Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.

    Because not Evey character should have or needs 100's of moves

    X is one of the characters who does. Nobody was arguing for any of the other characters having hundreds of moves, that's something you pulled out of your ass.

    X is meant to be a crazy battle robot with tons of weapons and abilities at his disposal. There is no reason he shouldn't eclipse Dante's moveset. Coming up with excuses to stifle his potential is just dumb.

    So why dose X deserve it but strange , thanos, rocket, iron man, captian marvel.. don't?

    Why don't they

    Or is it because that's the character that you like so they deserve it?

    X is recognized by fans for having a Crazy amount of Arsenal and all sorts of techniques, gadgets. It's one of his defining qualities as a character. Being a powerhouse of force and variety is what makes X.... X.
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 96
    edited June 25
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

    Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

    Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.

    Because not Evey character should have or needs 100's of moves

    X is one of the characters who does.

    No he doesn't. Not even classic Mega Man in MvC1 & 2 had a large pool of moves and he still worked.

    Those were the old days. If you had Dante released then, pretty sure he would also have like 4 moves. The approach was totally different in those days.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,446
    edited June 25
    Yeah, Dante would have install supers based on his Devil Triggers from the first game, and a couple of different projectiles and auto-combos.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,072
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

    Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

    Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.

    Because not Evey character should have or needs 100's of moves

    X is one of the characters who does. Nobody was arguing for any of the other characters having hundreds of moves, that's something you pulled out of your ass.

    X is meant to be a crazy battle robot with tons of weapons and abilities at his disposal. There is no reason he shouldn't eclipse Dante's moveset. Coming up with excuses to stifle his potential is just dumb.

    So why dose X deserve it but strange , thanos, rocket, iron man, captian marvel.. don't?

    Why don't they

    Or is it because that's the character that you like so they deserve it?

    X is recognized by fans for having a Crazy amount of Arsenal and all sorts of techniques, gadgets. It's one of his defining qualities as a character. Being a powerhouse of force and variety is what makes X.... X.

    But then so are those characters that description fits aswelly , "sorcerer supreme" for example.
    Every character has points of reference. Games comics, movies etc

  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,473
    Reminder that a game made by Nintendo that only has two attack buttons was able to create a Mega Man with an arsenal that eclipses a version of X in what is supposed to be the most "open" and "crazy" 2D fighter franchise made by his own company.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 96
    quicks wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

    Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

    Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.

    Because not Evey character should have or needs 100's of moves

    X is one of the characters who does. Nobody was arguing for any of the other characters having hundreds of moves, that's something you pulled out of your ass.

    X is meant to be a crazy battle robot with tons of weapons and abilities at his disposal. There is no reason he shouldn't eclipse Dante's moveset. Coming up with excuses to stifle his potential is just dumb.

    So why dose X deserve it but strange , thanos, rocket, iron man, captian marvel.. don't?

    Why don't they

    Or is it because that's the character that you like so they deserve it?

    X is recognized by fans for having a Crazy amount of Arsenal and all sorts of techniques, gadgets. It's one of his defining qualities as a character. Being a powerhouse of force and variety is what makes X.... X.

    But then so are those characters that description fits aswelly , "sorcerer supreme" for example.
    Every character has points of reference. Games comics, movies etc

    Agreed but atleast the core identities of X (move while charging) and Chargable Moves should atleast be present.
    Without Chargable moves, X essentially becomes Classic Mega Man with a X alternate costume on.

    Chargable moves is what differentiates X from all other Mega Men.
    As for the move while charge shot, its a feat every single Mega Man except Volnutt has and is the core gameplay part of every Mega Man game including the X series. Mobility while offense is so emphasized on that in the games you don't even stop walking while shooting let alone charging. I can understand stopping to shoot for balance perspective but no mobile charge is just... too un X like.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,446
    quicks wrote: »
    Every character has points of reference. Games comics, movies etc

    No they don't. Not for how they'd function in a fighting game.

    X's games have tons of similarities to a fighting game and many of his moves could be adapted. The rest don't have examples of how they'd work in a fighter and would have to be made up for the purposes of this game.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Basically it's , he's my favourite character so the rules for him shouldn't be for others

    Got it
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,446
    quicks wrote: »
    Basically it's , he's my favourite character so the rules for him shouldn't be for others

    Got it

    Basically you conceded that you have no argument and don't like to read.

    Got it.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,072
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Basically it's , he's my favourite character so the rules for him shouldn't be for others

    Got it

    Basically you conceded that you have no argument and don't like to read.

    Got it.

    No, this is what it boils down to, you just don't want to admit it,

    Megaman is from a platform game, Arthur is missing shit from his games, chris is missing stuff, Spencer and strider to.

    Marvel characters have a tone of shit missing,but Megaman needs to be fixed cos he's your favorite,

    This is the first fighter he's been in. You haven't even given his movesets a chance. But never mind
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 96
    quicks wrote: »
    Basically it's , he's my favourite character so the rules for him shouldn't be for others

    Got it

    They can have it in the perspective of fighting gameplay style but not totally how its done canonically in the comics.

    For example, Psylocke can alter people's mind and make them even forget who they are. If you want to implement a move like that in a fighting game, it either has to be a throw animation or a projectile/ blade that stuns people for a while (for that little while their mind is dazed).

    Another example is reality infinity stone. How are you going to implement the full implication of altering reality as you wish in a fighting game? You just can't... instead they added the fire, lightning and ice during its Infinity Storm to sort of show reality is being altered by having all sorts of catastrophe on opponents being casr on the enemy by the user.

    X's moves are all translatable into a fighting game. Some of them can be made limited as they would be purely broken. A good example is X's and Zero's Soul Body. In the games, the Soul Body itself is much ahead of the main character at all times and collisions with the Soul Body also damages enemies. If they were to implement this 1 to 1, it would easily lead into a Full chip to death status and the most broken ability in the game. Instead, they altered it and let only the Soul Bodies attacks doing the damage and made it stay behind you instead of doing moves right along you at same time.

  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 96
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Basically it's , he's my favourite character so the rules for him shouldn't be for others

    Got it
    You haven't even given his movesets a chance. But never mind

    I respect your view.

    However, not having move while charge and chargeable moves is as good as Spider Man missing a Web Swing.

    Rest of the moveset can be limited but the very iconic portions which characters are totally known for should not be omitted. Specially not if the same characteristics are given to some other character in the game randomly (pointing at Zero).
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,446
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Basically it's , he's my favourite character so the rules for him shouldn't be for others

    Got it

    Basically you conceded that you have no argument and don't like to read.

    Got it.

    No, this is what it boils down to, you just don't want to admit it,

    This is what it boils down to and YOU don't want to admit it.

    X has stuff from his games that can easily be adapted for use in a fighting game. Every move he has from the 2D games can easily be adapted for use in this game since they would function the exact same way (multi-hitting projectiles, projectiles that travel in arcs, projectiles that fill the screen, projectiles that capture people, projectiles that OTG, etc.). All of the moves have functions and properties that already make perfect sense in a fighting game. The fact that his moveset is so tiny is unacceptable and appalling because he is Capcom's most popular mascot and they could've done something crazy and fun with the extreme fanservice potential this character possesses.

    None of the other characters you mentioned have anything that can easily be adapted for use in a fighting game, and would have to be made up as they've mostly never appeared in a fighter before. You don't want to accept that you've been proven horrendously wrong because you're dumb. Is everything clear now?

  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,072
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Basically it's , he's my favourite character so the rules for him shouldn't be for others

    Got it

    Basically you conceded that you have no argument and don't like to read.

    Got it.

    No, this is what it boils down to, you just don't want to admit it,

    This is what it boils down to and YOU don't want to admit it.

    X has stuff from his games that can easily be adapted for use in a fighting game. Every move he has from the 2D games can easily be adapted for use in this game since they would function the exact same way (multi-hitting projectiles, projectiles that travel in arcs, projectiles that fill the screen, projectiles that capture people, projectiles that OTG, etc.). All of the moves have functions and properties that already make perfect sense in a fighting game. The fact that his moveset is so tiny is unacceptable and appalling because he is Capcom's most popular mascot and they could've done something crazy and fun with the extreme fanservice potential this character possesses.

    None of the other characters you mentioned have anything that can easily be adapted for use in a fighting game, and would have to be made up as they've mostly never appeared in a fighter before. You don't want to accept that you've been proven horrendously wrong because you're dumb. Is everything clear now?

    Lol Megaman isn't, he can't even get his own games anymore.

    I don't believe I can beat the bias tbh when you're fanboy your a fanboy

    If that means you can feel free to beat your chest feel free

    Other characters are missing things too , but you want Megaman to play the way you want him to play, how you want despite you not even playing him properly having 10 mins in training mode.
    But never mind character types balance , running out of inputs. Let's put everything he had from several games in at once just because.

    Christ. Its not a Megaman game

    However when you take your ,90's shades off he's got all the making of a solid character
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 409
    @PSYCH0J0SH
    I don't know If you'll love this or not. But made this back in UMVC3 days. Sorry the quality is bad. Forgive me there. You have to pause to read descriptions. I also made Armors not cost bars but each with its own mobility, charge shot uses etc. The base form also has a use. Wait for it. I made the charge easier by allowing the charge to stay once it charges. You can release the button. The charge will still stay. After that you can press H again for charged shot or a command to have its Charged Version done. Also just maybe you'll like my Level 4. (Level 3 done during Infinite Potential transformation)


    No...
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 96
    flicky wrote: »
    @PSYCH0J0SH
    I don't know If you'll love this or not. But made this back in UMVC3 days. Sorry the quality is bad. Forgive me there. You have to pause to read descriptions. I also made Armors not cost bars but each with its own mobility, charge shot uses etc. The base form also has a use. Wait for it. I made the charge easier by allowing the charge to stay once it charges. You can release the button. The charge will still stay. After that you can press H again for charged shot or a command to have its Charged Version done. Also just maybe you'll like my Level 4. (Level 3 done during Infinite Potential transformation)


    No...

    Wasn't even talking to you. But since you objected, perhaps you can come up with something better than me.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,817
    Megaman isn't known for having a large arsenal, hes known for having a different arsenal per game, and starts at ground zero every game. If you want him to be "Megaman accurate" then he should only get shot types from characters he kills during a match because that is how he actually works.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,473


    Nope... Never seen Mega Man use a wide variety of attacks before.

    No, never...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,110
    Just add a different buster that charge slowly but that you can charge while moving.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,817
    po pimpus wrote: »

    Nope... Never seen Mega Man use a wide variety of attacks before.

    No, never...
    I don't believe that's what I said.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
2
Sign In or Register to comment.