They need to Fix Mega Man X.

Comments

• ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 116
    quicks wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

Either way the point is X sucks from a fan perspective.

Because not Evey character should have or needs 100's of moves

X is one of the characters who does. Nobody was arguing for any of the other characters having hundreds of moves, that's something you pulled out of your ass.

X is meant to be a crazy battle robot with tons of weapons and abilities at his disposal. There is no reason he shouldn't eclipse Dante's moveset. Coming up with excuses to stifle his potential is just dumb.

So why dose X deserve it but strange , thanos, rocket, iron man, captian marvel.. don't?

Why don't they

Or is it because that's the character that you like so they deserve it?

X is recognized by fans for having a Crazy amount of Arsenal and all sorts of techniques, gadgets. It's one of his defining qualities as a character. Being a powerhouse of force and variety is what makes X.... X.
    edited June 25
    Lol the dummies are out , and it's from people who have not even played Megaman in mvci at that.
    Giving him a ton of moves just puts him in Dante's Shadow or Dante in his shadow. The guy has not even been fleshed out. Why stop there , Dr strange has 100's of spells out that in, iron man has 100's of armours and weapons why not them, thanos has....

Yeah, you didn't actually give a good answer here, shithead. "Dr. Strange has hundreds of spells", well, put them in too. Why not? You didn't give an answer, you just thought that would defeat itself when actually it demonstrates the exact opposite of the point you were trying to make.

X is one of the characters who does.

No he doesn't. Not even classic Mega Man in MvC1 & 2 had a large pool of moves and he still worked.

Those were the old days. If you had Dante released then, pretty sure he would also have like 4 moves. The approach was totally different in those days.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited June 25
    Yeah, Dante would have install supers based on his Devil Triggers from the first game, and a couple of different projectiles and auto-combos.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,287

X is one of the characters who does. Nobody was arguing for any of the other characters having hundreds of moves, that's something you pulled out of your ass.

X is meant to be a crazy battle robot with tons of weapons and abilities at his disposal. There is no reason he shouldn't eclipse Dante's moveset. Coming up with excuses to stifle his potential is just dumb.

So why dose X deserve it but strange , thanos, rocket, iron man, captian marvel.. don't?

Why don't they

X is recognized by fans for having a Crazy amount of Arsenal and all sorts of techniques, gadgets. It's one of his defining qualities as a character. Being a powerhouse of force and variety is what makes X.... X.

But then so are those characters that description fits aswelly , "sorcerer supreme" for example.
    Every character has points of reference. Games comics, movies etc

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,057
    Reminder that a game made by Nintendo that only has two attack buttons was able to create a Mega Man with an arsenal that eclipses a version of X in what is supposed to be the most "open" and "crazy" 2D fighter franchise made by his own company.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Why don't they

But then so are those characters that description fits aswelly , "sorcerer supreme" for example.

Agreed but atleast the core identities of X (move while charging) and Chargable Moves should atleast be present.
    Without Chargable moves, X essentially becomes Classic Mega Man with a X alternate costume on.

Chargable moves is what differentiates X from all other Mega Men.
    As for the move while charge shot, its a feat every single Mega Man except Volnutt has and is the core gameplay part of every Mega Man game including the X series. Mobility while offense is so emphasized on that in the games you don't even stop walking while shooting let alone charging. I can understand stopping to shoot for balance perspective but no mobile charge is just... too un X like.

No they don't. Not for how they'd function in a fighting game.

X's games have tons of similarities to a fighting game and many of his moves could be adapted. The rest don't have examples of how they'd work in a fighter and would have to be made up for the purposes of this game.

Basically it's , he's my favourite character so the rules for him shouldn't be for others

Got it
    Basically it's , he's my favourite character so the rules for him shouldn't be for others

Got it

Basically you conceded that you have no argument and don't like to read.

Got it.

Got it

Got it.

No, this is what it boils down to, you just don't want to admit it,

Megaman is from a platform game, Arthur is missing shit from his games, chris is missing stuff, Spencer and strider to.

Marvel characters have a tone of shit missing,but Megaman needs to be fixed cos he's your favorite,

This is the first fighter he's been in. You haven't even given his movesets a chance. But never mind

Got it

They can have it in the perspective of fighting gameplay style but not totally how its done canonically in the comics.

For example, Psylocke can alter people's mind and make them even forget who they are. If you want to implement a move like that in a fighting game, it either has to be a throw animation or a projectile/ blade that stuns people for a while (for that little while their mind is dazed).

Another example is reality infinity stone. How are you going to implement the full implication of altering reality as you wish in a fighting game? You just can't... instead they added the fire, lightning and ice during its Infinity Storm to sort of show reality is being altered by having all sorts of catastrophe on opponents being casr on the enemy by the user.

X's moves are all translatable into a fighting game. Some of them can be made limited as they would be purely broken. A good example is X's and Zero's Soul Body. In the games, the Soul Body itself is much ahead of the main character at all times and collisions with the Soul Body also damages enemies. If they were to implement this 1 to 1, it would easily lead into a Full chip to death status and the most broken ability in the game. Instead, they altered it and let only the Soul Bodies attacks doing the damage and made it stay behind you instead of doing moves right along you at same time.

Got it
    You haven't even given his movesets a chance. But never mind

I respect your view.

However, not having move while charge and chargeable moves is as good as Spider Man missing a Web Swing.

Rest of the moveset can be limited but the very iconic portions which characters are totally known for should not be omitted. Specially not if the same characteristics are given to some other character in the game randomly (pointing at Zero).

Got it

Got it.

This is what it boils down to and YOU don't want to admit it.

X has stuff from his games that can easily be adapted for use in a fighting game. Every move he has from the 2D games can easily be adapted for use in this game since they would function the exact same way (multi-hitting projectiles, projectiles that travel in arcs, projectiles that fill the screen, projectiles that capture people, projectiles that OTG, etc.). All of the moves have functions and properties that already make perfect sense in a fighting game. The fact that his moveset is so tiny is unacceptable and appalling because he is Capcom's most popular mascot and they could've done something crazy and fun with the extreme fanservice potential this character possesses.

None of the other characters you mentioned have anything that can easily be adapted for use in a fighting game, and would have to be made up as they've mostly never appeared in a fighter before. You don't want to accept that you've been proven horrendously wrong because you're dumb. Is everything clear now?

Got it

Got it.

This is what it boils down to and YOU don't want to admit it.

X has stuff from his games that can easily be adapted for use in a fighting game. Every move he has from the 2D games can easily be adapted for use in this game since they would function the exact same way (multi-hitting projectiles, projectiles that travel in arcs, projectiles that fill the screen, projectiles that capture people, projectiles that OTG, etc.). All of the moves have functions and properties that already make perfect sense in a fighting game. The fact that his moveset is so tiny is unacceptable and appalling because he is Capcom's most popular mascot and they could've done something crazy and fun with the extreme fanservice potential this character possesses.

None of the other characters you mentioned have anything that can easily be adapted for use in a fighting game, and would have to be made up as they've mostly never appeared in a fighter before. You don't want to accept that you've been proven horrendously wrong because you're dumb. Is everything clear now?

Lol Megaman isn't, he can't even get his own games anymore.

I don't believe I can beat the bias tbh when you're fanboy your a fanboy

If that means you can feel free to beat your chest feel free

Other characters are missing things too , but you want Megaman to play the way you want him to play, how you want despite you not even playing him properly having 10 mins in training mode.
    But never mind character types balance , running out of inputs. Let's put everything he had from several games in at once just because.

Christ. Its not a Megaman game

However when you take your ,90's shades off he's got all the making of a solid character
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 851
    @PSYCH0J0SH
    I don't know If you'll love this or not. But made this back in UMVC3 days. Sorry the quality is bad. Forgive me there. You have to pause to read descriptions. I also made Armors not cost bars but each with its own mobility, charge shot uses etc. The base form also has a use. Wait for it. I made the charge easier by allowing the charge to stay once it charges. You can release the button. The charge will still stay. After that you can press H again for charged shot or a command to have its Charged Version done. Also just maybe you'll like my Level 4. (Level 3 done during Infinite Potential transformation)

No...
    flicky wrote: »
    @PSYCH0J0SH
    I don't know If you'll love this or not. But made this back in UMVC3 days. Sorry the quality is bad. Forgive me there. You have to pause to read descriptions. I also made Armors not cost bars but each with its own mobility, charge shot uses etc. The base form also has a use. Wait for it. I made the charge easier by allowing the charge to stay once it charges. You can release the button. The charge will still stay. After that you can press H again for charged shot or a command to have its Charged Version done. Also just maybe you'll like my Level 4. (Level 3 done during Infinite Potential transformation)

No...

Wasn't even talking to you. But since you objected, perhaps you can come up with something better than me.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,900
    Megaman isn't known for having a large arsenal, hes known for having a different arsenal per game, and starts at ground zero every game. If you want him to be "Megaman accurate" then he should only get shot types from characters he kills during a match because that is how he actually works.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Nope... Never seen Mega Man use a wide variety of attacks before.

No, never...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,724
    Just add a different buster that charge slowly but that you can charge while moving.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,900
    po pimpus wrote: »

Nope... Never seen Mega Man use a wide variety of attacks before.

No, never...
    I don't believe that's what I said.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,593
    X can cancel special moves into other special moves and you still want to bitch about him not having eight pages of moves.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    "X can do frivolous thing, it's okay for him to not have anything else from his games"

edited July 2
    X can cancel special moves into other special moves and you still want to bitch about him not having eight pages of moves.

The damn moves don't even function(lol) like they do in his games...

..Which is even more baffling when you realize he has weapons that DO function in those specific ways that they DIDN'T use...

Whomever designed X in this game obviously never played a Mega Man X game in their life...

They probably sat down with a list of his Maverick weapons and just made shit up based on the names of the weapons.

Meanwhile, fucking Zero is almost 1:1 with all of his game functions, right down to the animations and move properties, WHILE STEALING X'S GIMMICK OF CHARGING HIS BUSTER WHILE MOVING...

By the way why does X NOT have his function of charging Maverick weapons?
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,661
    The two greatest posters giving more wisdom.
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration

Dante can cancel tons more moves into other moves that he couldn't in his games.

He still has like 80% of his DMC3 Arsanel and everything iconic to him.

The damn moves don't even function(lol) like they do in his games...

..Which is even more baffling when you realize he has weapons that DO function in those specific ways that they DIDN'T use...

Whomever designed X in this game obviously never played a Mega Man X game in their life...

They probably sat down with a list of his Maverick weapons and just made shit up based on the names of the weapons.

Meanwhile, fucking Zero is almost 1:1 with all of his game functions, right down to the animations and move properties, WHILE STEALING X'S GIMMICK OF CHARGING HIS BUSTER WHILE MOVING...

By the way why does X NOT have his function of charging Maverick weapons?

Sadly I have to agree.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,593

Dante can cancel tons more moves into other moves that he couldn't in his games.

He still has like 80% of his DMC3 Arsanel and everything iconic to him.

Dante has bold cancels which does come from his games. You can't special into any special move that you want with him like you can do with X.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    X should have one maverick weapon to each qcf and qcb+button, and be able to charge them if he have the armor equipped.
    willseless wrote: »
    X should have one maverick weapon to each qcf and qcb+button, and be able to charge them if he have the armor equipped.

It's not a Megaman game

It's not a Megaman game

It's a crossover to celebrate Capcom franchises with characters fighting each other with an arsenal based on their game of origin, and X is a poor representation of his games, even if he turns out top tier.

It's not a Megaman game

It's a crossover to celebrate Capcom franchises with characters fighting each other with an arsenal based on their game of origin, and X is a poor representation of his games, even if he turns out top tier.

he dont have to be a carbon copy.as long as he is enjoyable to play and he is competitive give it a rest

It's not a Megaman game

he dont have to be a carbon copy.as long as he is enjoyable to play and he is competitive give it a rest

Tiers doesn't matter. I'm arguing that he is uninspired and a poor representation of his series, which is known for the wide array of different moves, not for his ability to do an overhead after a buster or to cancel one shot into another.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    Mega Man in Smash 4 had more thought and love put into him than X gets in his own company's premiere crossover fighter...

X was also treated better in Project X-Zone.

Par for the course from Capcpom.
    Smash 4 megaman sucks.

I disagree.

At the very least, he moves, looks, sounds, and plays like Mega Man.

You can even barely tap on the stick and get him to do the little foot shuffle from the NES games.

You care more about the fanservice than the character actually being good.

Yes, and he's a better person than you for it.

"Wanting game characters to be fun? HA! You're such a I love My Little Pony so much it hurts dude!"

Your aimless vitriol and shit spewing is infinitely more toxic than anything the other two people have said. At least they can express their differences without resorting to this absolute shit quality of posting.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,393 mod
    PsychoJ0sh asking for those jail bars again. Going back to the penitentiary

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

It's not a Megaman game

Tiers doesn't matter. I'm arguing that he is uninspired and a poor representation of his series, which is known for the wide array of different moves, not for his ability to do an overhead after a buster or to cancel one shot into another.

He's known for taking the abilities of the people he's beaten......
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,144
    Damn, characters can only be known for one thing now?
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 851
    edited July 4
    It's a good job Zero's air buster is diagonal, can you imagine spamming shot hop horizontal busters across the screen at the touch of a button? I'm quite confident it's been well thought out.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,393 mod
    MegamanX showing up is a miracle in of itself. I thought they honestly wouldn't care enough, though I guess Smash Megaman is a sign they care a little bit. Asking them to care past that is just not going to come with anything fruitful.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Capcpom didn't do anything but sign off on Smash Mega Man.

No work involved on their part.

X is the best they can do in this current age, and we only got him because Smash Mega Man's success at EVO shamed them into doing it.
    edited July 7
    Mega Man in Smash 4 had more thought and love put into him than X gets in his own company's premiere crossover fighter...

X was also treated better in Project X-Zone.

Par for the course from Capcpom.
    Smash 4 megaman sucks.

I disagree.

At the very least, he moves, looks, sounds, and plays like Mega Man.

You can even barely tap on the stick and get him to do the little foot shuffle from the NES games.

You care more about the fanservice than the character actually being good.

Yes, and he's a better person than you for it.

"Wanting game characters to be fun? HA! You're such a I love My Little Pony so much it hurts dude!"

Your aimless vitriol and shit spewing is infinitely more toxic than anything the other two people have said. At least they can express their differences without resorting to this absolute shit quality of posting.

I'm sorry, I only laugh at posts like this. You sound like the worst kind of anal hipster loser.

"You, sir, have a truly bad case of toxic masculinity, please check your privilege and read this series of tweets that contain my dissertation on the matter"

I am not sorry for calling out bullshit when I see it. Cancerous mentalities like the one that Hawkingbird holds are what lead to unbelievably shitty games, and I'm so glad he's not a game developer. People who only see fighting game characters as functions and not as characters should be ignored at all costs.