They need to Fix Mega Man X.

13»

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,304
    X can cancel special moves into other special moves and you still want to bitch about him not having eight pages of moves.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,425
    "X can do frivolous thing, it's okay for him to not have anything else from his games"
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,373
    edited July 2
    X can cancel special moves into other special moves and you still want to bitch about him not having eight pages of moves.

The damn moves don't even function(lol) like they do in his games...

..Which is even more baffling when you realize he has weapons that DO function in those specific ways that they DIDN'T use...

Whomever designed X in this game obviously never played a Mega Man X game in their life...

They probably sat down with a list of his Maverick weapons and just made shit up based on the names of the weapons.

Meanwhile, fucking Zero is almost 1:1 with all of his game functions, right down to the animations and move properties, WHILE STEALING X'S GIMMICK OF CHARGING HIS BUSTER WHILE MOVING...

By the way why does X NOT have his function of charging Maverick weapons?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,468
    The two greatest posters giving more wisdom.
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 92

Dante can cancel tons more moves into other moves that he couldn't in his games.

He still has like 80% of his DMC3 Arsanel and everything iconic to him.
    po pimpus wrote: »

The damn moves don't even function(lol) like they do in his games...

..Which is even more baffling when you realize he has weapons that DO function in those specific ways that they DIDN'T use...

Whomever designed X in this game obviously never played a Mega Man X game in their life...

They probably sat down with a list of his Maverick weapons and just made shit up based on the names of the weapons.

Meanwhile, fucking Zero is almost 1:1 with all of his game functions, right down to the animations and move properties, WHILE STEALING X'S GIMMICK OF CHARGING HIS BUSTER WHILE MOVING...

By the way why does X NOT have his function of charging Maverick weapons?

Sadly I have to agree.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,304

Dante can cancel tons more moves into other moves that he couldn't in his games.

He still has like 80% of his DMC3 Arsanel and everything iconic to him.

Dante has bold cancels which does come from his games. You can't special into any special move that you want with him like you can do with X.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,050
    X should have one maverick weapon to each qcf and qcb+button, and be able to charge them if he have the armor equipped.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,033
    willseless wrote: »
    X should have one maverick weapon to each qcf and qcb+button, and be able to charge them if he have the armor equipped.

It's not a Megaman game
    quicks wrote: »

It's not a Megaman game

It's a crossover to celebrate Capcom franchises with characters fighting each other with an arsenal based on their game of origin, and X is a poor representation of his games, even if he turns out top tier.

It's not a Megaman game

It's a crossover to celebrate Capcom franchises with characters fighting each other with an arsenal based on their game of origin, and X is a poor representation of his games, even if he turns out top tier.

he dont have to be a carbon copy.as long as he is enjoyable to play and he is competitive give it a rest

It's not a Megaman game

he dont have to be a carbon copy.as long as he is enjoyable to play and he is competitive give it a rest

Tiers doesn't matter. I'm arguing that he is uninspired and a poor representation of his series, which is known for the wide array of different moves, not for his ability to do an overhead after a buster or to cancel one shot into another.
  • The MartianThe Martian A Terrible Fate... Joined: Posts: 12,143
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Mega Man in Smash 4 had more thought and love put into him than X gets in his own company's premiere crossover fighter...

X was also treated better in Project X-Zone.

Par for the course from Capcpom.
    Smash 4 megaman sucks.

I disagree.

At the very least, he moves, looks, sounds, and plays like Mega Man.

You can even barely tap on the stick and get him to do the little foot shuffle from the NES games.

You care more about the fanservice than the character actually being good.

Yes, and he's a better person than you for it.

"Wanting game characters to be fun? HA! You're such a faggot dude!"

Your aimless vitriol and shit spewing is infinitely more toxic than anything the other two people have said. At least they can express their differences without resorting to this absolute shit quality of posting.
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,536 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PsychoJ0sh asking for those jail bars again. Going back to the penitentiary

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

It's not a Megaman game

Tiers doesn't matter. I'm arguing that he is uninspired and a poor representation of his series, which is known for the wide array of different moves, not for his ability to do an overhead after a buster or to cancel one shot into another.

He's known for taking the abilities of the people he's beaten......
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 889
    Damn, characters can only be known for one thing now?
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe SFV: Juri
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 306
    edited July 4
    It's a good job Zero's air buster is diagonal, can you imagine spamming shot hop horizontal busters across the screen at the touch of a button? I'm quite confident it's been well thought out.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,536 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    MegamanX showing up is a miracle in of itself. I thought they honestly wouldn't care enough, though I guess Smash Megaman is a sign they care a little bit. Asking them to care past that is just not going to come with anything fruitful.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,373
    Capcpom didn't do anything but sign off on Smash Mega Man.

No work involved on their part.

X is the best they can do in this current age, and we only got him because Smash Mega Man's success at EVO shamed them into doing it.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,425
    edited July 7
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Mega Man in Smash 4 had more thought and love put into him than X gets in his own company's premiere crossover fighter...

X was also treated better in Project X-Zone.

Par for the course from Capcpom.
    Smash 4 megaman sucks.

I disagree.

At the very least, he moves, looks, sounds, and plays like Mega Man.

You can even barely tap on the stick and get him to do the little foot shuffle from the NES games.

You care more about the fanservice than the character actually being good.

Yes, and he's a better person than you for it.

"Wanting game characters to be fun? HA! You're such a faggot dude!"

Your aimless vitriol and shit spewing is infinitely more toxic than anything the other two people have said. At least they can express their differences without resorting to this absolute shit quality of posting.

I'm sorry, I only laugh at posts like this. You sound like the worst kind of anal hipster loser.

"You, sir, have a truly bad case of toxic masculinity, please check your privilege and read this series of tweets that contain my dissertation on the matter"

I am not sorry for calling out bullshit when I see it. Cancerous mentalities like the one that Hawkingbird holds are what lead to unbelievably shitty games, and I'm so glad he's not a game developer. People who only see fighting game characters as functions and not as characters should be ignored at all costs.
    Just giving him chargable moves during Armor mode would even be enough at this point. Without them he just isn't a proper representaiton of what he does in his games.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 306
    edited July 10
    Just giving him chargable moves during Armor mode would even be enough at this point. Without them he just isn't a proper representaiton of what he does in his games.

I liked the comment that someone else made that he actually obtains his powers from robot masters and armour pieces, so even if he did have more stuff he still wouldn't be a proper representation of what he's like in his games. But on the flip side the same applies to Arthur getting power ups from chests and things and Arthur has a massive arsenal of tools, so it's kind of not fair to kit Arthur out and not X. But their mobility is completely different so it's hard to balance in a FG environment.
    I don't care what happens to Arthur. Also, I'm not asking for every single Weapon from his games. They would have to make a Moveset 4x Dante's time to do that.

Charging Special moves is his basic differentiating status from other Mega Men just like the Z Sabre in Zero's case. Not having them essentially makes X a Classic Mega Man with X costume on.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero You will become a slave to your pleasu- erm... Functions. Joined: Posts: 2,850
    I don't care what happens to Arthur. Also, I'm not asking for every single Weapon from his games. They would have to make a Moveset 4x Dante's time to do that.

Charging Special moves is his basic differentiating status from other Mega Men just like the Z Sabre in Zero's case. Not having them essentially makes X a Classic Mega Man with X costume on.

A very long time ago, I recall theorizing on what it be like if X had access to several famous weapons and two of his armors. It was on the X9 website. I hope they do my boy X right with his move set in this game.

There is also a part of me that wonder if he could KO an opponent and then "borrow/copy" one noteworthy move from the opponent he just defeated. Example:

Did he just beat Ryu? He gets his SRK.
    Did he just defeat Morrigan? He gets access to a move that belongs to her.

While it may seem like a good idea "on paper", one has to be rather careful about that sort of thing when programming it in to the game. Plus, I kind of doubt if the Capcom staff members would actually think that far ahead.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

I doubt they could do the copy move thing. Even if they could, it would create totally unique scenarios vs different opponents. Pretty sure that would be wonky for the competitive scene. Plus it removes clarity from the game as against X, one would have to remember "which move from my character he will get if he kills them." I doubt they could go for that thing. Copying weapons is doable by many Mega Men though and not unique to X. Chargeable moves on the other hand is one of X's defining gameplay trait from the very first game.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero You will become a slave to your pleasu- erm... Functions. Joined: Posts: 2,850
    I doubt they could do the copy move thing. Even if they could, it would create totally unique scenarios vs different opponents. Pretty sure that would be wonky for the competitive scene. Plus it removes clarity from the game as against X, one would have to remember "which move from my character he will get if he kills them." I doubt they could go for that thing. Copying weapons is doable by many Mega Men though and not unique to X. Chargeable moves on the other hand is one of X's defining gameplay trait from the very first game.

That I know of.
    (Though the only "Megaman" titles I did not play were the ZX ones, which is where most of the playable characters got to the point where they even took on forms of the actual bosses to take advantage of their powers. This concept was introduced earlier in the X series by Axl).

I need to see if I can find some of those discussions I had with the folks at X9 websites just to provides some insight on what else could be done. There were some great ideas from that particular website.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• DestinNotDustinDestinNotDustin Joined: Posts: 7
    This still the place to discuss X? Yes? Check out this Frost Shield loop posted by 'I Really Dunno'
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,763 mod
    edited July 14
    This still the place to discuss X? Yes? Check out this Frost Shield loop posted by 'I Really Dunno'

Old.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • DestinNotDustinDestinNotDustin Joined: Posts: 7
    It wasn't posted in this thread. If elsewhere on the forum, mind pointing me in the right direction for discussion?
    It's one of the first Infinites discovered. Though its technically not an Infinite since you will automatically get out after a certain number of hits. It's still enough to damage you to to Half HP if you combine Hypers with it.
    So, Champ was doing some nice fireball spam with X. Is he a bit redeemed?

Doubt that will work without doing some other person's super.

Right now just my assumption, as a support X looks great, but as point he looks low tier. What's he got against all those triangle dashers, teleporters etc.

X is definitely better than Ryu though. He can atleast hit incoming people with his projectiles but other than the ice one, none seem to lead to combos for now other than Buster Hammer. X also has an air dash compared to Ryu. They need to give Ryu an air dash, guy is a brick.

• KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 888

Doubt that will work without doing some other person's super.

Right now just my assumption, as a support X looks great, but as point he looks low tier. What's he got against all those triangle dashers, teleporters etc.

X is definitely better than Ryu though. He can atleast hit incoming people with his projectiles but other than the ice one, none seem to lead to combos for now other than Buster Hammer. X also has an air dash compared to Ryu. They need to give Ryu an air dash, guy is a brick.

Sonic Slicer seems to cover the exact angle tridashers will use to get in. He also has a projectile that shoots straight up and that boomerang blade move which imo is his best projectile since it covers all around him. I anticipate he will have no problem against rushdown at all. If anything he may need to get creative vs more horizontally focused zoners.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    ^While what you are saying is correct, the start ups on all 3 specially Boomerang Cutter is too slow. Quick triangle dashers will hit you before your projectile gets fired.
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 888
    Slicer is pretty fast if I remember correctly. Boomerang blade is slow on it's own, but using it second as a part of X's rekka mechanic covers that weakness. I feel X will have specific rekka combinations that will cover the various forms of offense and defense he will need. I don't see him being any less than above average, though his moveset is a little more basic than I was expecting. I still don't know exactly what his armor install does, so maybe there are some cool things there.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
13»