Why in the name of god did we get 2009 Spencer again?

dizzynecrodizzynecro Peeeeeace! Joined: Posts: 804
For fucks sake stop referencing that shit game and give us rearmed Spencer. Bionic Commando 2009 was a complete failure and pretty much everybody hated it and Rearmmed is a goddamn masterpiece. Plus classic Spencer fits the comic style so much better being like a 80's action movie guy caricature. Just looking at this version makes me sick.

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,421 mod
    Nobody remembered Bionic Commando 2009.

Everyone remembered BIONIC AAAAAARRRRRRMMMMM!!!!
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    We got him again because of dumbass Mahveltard memes. Same reason we got Sentinel back in UMVC3.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,168 mod
    Marvel 3 Sent is just Whack Bot with a Mango coating.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 118
    Because it's easier and cheaper to port an existing model, who has moves and animations completed, into your engine rather than create something brand new.
    Saandro wrote: »
    Because it's easier and cheaper to port an existing model, who has moves and animations completed, into your engine rather than create something brand new.

The problem with this argument is that MvC:I's models aren't exactly the same as MvC3s.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »
    Saandro wrote: »

The problem with this argument is that MvC:I's models aren't exactly the same as MvC3s.

Of course they aren't, why would they be? It's a different engine.
    edited July 3
    Yeah, but the point is that it's easier to port and modify an existing base, than to create something completely from scratch. Especially once you understand how the process work.
    Post edited by Saandro on
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 109
    I don't like meme characters either. I mean... they are just memes. Should have gone with Classic if he had to be in.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,729
    Because people will buy a Rearmed Spencer costume for DLC (again), but Capcom would have to do something newer if it became his default.
  • 71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z That One Guy Joined: Posts: 29
    Does anybody remember that look Spencer has in BC 2009 is based off of the guy who voiced him?
    cadab82a3224c892b6ac1018eae41ff0--mike-patton-hall-pass.jpg
    Mike Patton, circa 1991.

5fc7d527145c16ce68d12804671dee85--mike-patton-mike-dantoni.jpg
    In Color

nathan-spencer-bionic-commando-89.1.jpg

Looks similar, no?
    If there is one thing Dan Hibiki taught me, it is that you can win by throwing autographs at people's faces.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 622
    BIONIC AAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!!
    Where does Spencer get his produce and free range poultry from?
    BIONIC FAAAAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!
    What does he use to secure his house?
    BIONIC ALAAAAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!
    What does he use to pick up girls at the club?
    BIONIC CHAAAAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 622
    edited August 30
    d3v wrote: »
    Where does Spencer get his produce and free range poultry from?
    BIONIC FAAAAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!
    What does he use to secure his house?
    BIONIC ALAAAAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!
    What does he use to pick up girls at the club?
    BIONIC CHAAAAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!

What does he do when he's severely depressed?
    BIONIC HAAAAARRRRMMMM!!!!
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,010
    It would be trivial to give Spencer his Rearmed look, but I suppose that in order to do a good job recreating the character he would need different animations and moves, because the two characters don't actually move alike in their games.
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 427
    Because Capcom is trying to save as much money as possible, while still taking all of yours.
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,272
    flicky wrote: »
    BIONIC AAAARRRRRMMMMM!!!!

triggered.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,192
    Combofiend probably requested it. Who the hell wants that Spencer besides him?
  • Riot55Riot55 King Scrub Joined: Posts: 828
    I like how this thread complaining about Spencer being in the game is the only thread in his character forum atm.
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    SFV/Competitive CS:GO/Hearthstone
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,168 mod
    TBF most of the discussions don't have threads yet. Think people need more time to realize the sub forums are active now.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• SlaserXSlaserX Master Joined: Posts: 10
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    Combofiend probably requested it. Who the hell wants that Spencer besides him?

Yipes. So then he can go OOH OOOH OHHHH OOOOHHH OOOOOOOHHHH OOOHHH OHHH OHHH ADK ZOOP ZOOP OOOHHH OOOOOOOOHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Seriously, I can't listen to a dude like that. My wife wonders what in the hell I'm watching with men shouting and moaning.
  • MegaMettaurXMegaMettaurX ~Technika~ Joined: Posts: 174
    Riot55 wrote: »
    I like how this thread complaining about Spencer being in the game is the only thread in his character forum atm.

that's actually pretty funny.