Martial Masters anyone?

Hotdawg_SKAHotdawg_SKA Joined: Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
Wow I just heard about this game. Anybody else here know about it? Well actually, I downloaded a character for Mugen and I thought she played pretty well so I researched the game where she came from and then went to youtube to watch some videos. Pity I can only find 2 or 3 videos. Anyways, the game came out during 2001. It's got pretty nice graphics and animations...fighting system is quite unique too. The character names and stuff are hella cheesy though such as Master Huang, Drunken Master, Scorpion, etc.
I am Hotstuff!

Comments

• Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,536
    What console did it come out on? I know which game your taking about it looks good actually.
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Arcade/mame only...too bad the cpu in mame has no real ai and manages to block EVERYTHING you do except for throws. I'd like to have Monkey Boy, Scorpion, Crane, Master Huang, and Red Snake for mugen, but so far the only character available is sorry-ass Reika.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Hotdawg_SKAHotdawg_SKA Joined: Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah, I was just wondering if this game was played competitively. It looks rather unique. Anybody know where I can find some match vids? Yeah LOL I too have Reika....she's pretty fun to play as. I want to try out that Master Huang guy...reminds me of a more kickass Lee Rekka.
    I am Hotstuff!
    Mmm I'll check it out and see what its like. To be honest there is a cab which has it here in London but no one plays it :(
  • thedude.comthedude.com Gedo Gang Goes Funky Joined: Posts: 3,018
    looks interesting , i like the tutorial intro lmao . huang(main character) squezes crane's breast ...
    "A spirit of rage, instilled with compassion. A heart of darkness, faithful to virtue."

-Gedo High School Motto
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    I love Martial Masters, too bad nobody gave a damn about this game when it came out.

The animations rivaled 3s, and the color was way better.

I really loved that Metal Slug clone they did:tup:
    Any body know the tier list? Man I would sure like to see some of the other characters in action. With names like Drunken Master, Crane, Scorpion, etc. LOL it's sure to be exciting to see what styles they use. Where can I find more videos of this game? It doesn't even have to be elite gameplay....I just wanna see the game in action that's all.
    I am Hotstuff!
    Arcade/mame only...too bad the cpu in mame has no real ai and manages to block EVERYTHING you do except for throws. I'd like to have Monkey Boy, Scorpion, Crane, Master Huang, and Red Snake for mugen, but so far the only character available is sorry-ass Reika.

Yo what version of mame do you use to get Martial Masters working?
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,389
    I remember seeing Martial Masters in the arcade...great animation for the time, although I never really got around to playing it.

I remember that there was some secret character who was a girl that had her picture taken with you as one of her supers, although I have no idea how to select her.
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
    Yeah the mames that I've downloaded won't support Martial Masters. Can somebody help?
    I am Hotstuff!
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You need like mame32 version 90 or higher, and you need (I think) the stv Titan bios. i can't hook you up. Just google these things. You'll find them in under 20 minutes.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    You need like mame32 version 90 or higher, and you need (I think) the stv Titan bios. i can't hook you up. Just google these things. You'll find them in under 20 minutes.

Does it support that Metal Slug clone by the makers of Martial Masters?
    "A spirit of rage, instilled with compassion. A heart of darkness, faithful to virtue."

-Gedo High School Motto
  • Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    There's already two or three threads on here about this game. Try searching sometime.

Last time I checked the game is emulated, but isn't working properly. There's many bugs such as combos, chains, and links not working properly, and the AI being virtually non-functional.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • ShotgunSteveShotgunSteve Goes by Henners Joined: Posts: 575
    They have this game at one of the local arcades but I havn't been there in over a year. Last time I played though, I went to get more quarters and this black guy started playing and so I put my quarter to start playing with him. I beat him and he pulled a knife on me and started telling me how he's going to kill me because I cheated. o_O

I told him it was my first time playing and he yelled "BULLSHIT" and swung the knife, and I was like "THE MOVES ARE ABOVE THE CONTROLS!" and ran off.

Scariest moment I've had in an arcade. o_o
  • bloodriotbloodriot Crazed FG addict Joined: Posts: 259
    It's emulated by MAME now they got most of the glitches sorted out happened in MAME 107usomething, I would say it is 93% accurate it has few issues

it has 3vs3 man I love 3v3 in a game

so now ppl can play it decently in single player
    Like Double Dragon, Streets of Rage and Nightslashers X? go to www.chronocrash.com
  • kev_the_bevkev_the_bev triumph. Joined: Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    we should start up a petition to get this a console release. Not that they'll listen, but it's worth a try..

Maybe for Dreamcast and 360?
  • AbhiAbhi Best Team EVER Joined: Posts: 1,550
    My fav was the Jet Li looking type dude
    I'm like an Hadoken

I'm like Down Right Fierce
  • seantreeseantree Joined: Posts: 637
    i've got the PGM cart. this game is too fun. did they emulate demon front(the slug ripoff)?
    looking at the following link, you can see that they've made other fighters

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=809
  • GutcruncherGutcruncher Suckmaster 8000 Joined: Posts: 114
    ive only played this game once. it was in a shitty arcade in a grodey mall/flea market type place. every machine there has something wrong with it, and martial masters had extremely tight sticks. as far as things that are usually wrong with their sticks, that was a blessing. i messed around for a few matches and it was pretty cool. i wish it would get some sort of console port because im too lazy to ride my bike 15 miles to get there, and ive only managed to play against a single person in anything there ever. he played me for one match in CVS, lost easily, and wouldnt rematch even when i offered to pay.
  • seantreeseantree Joined: Posts: 637
    be nice to see a console port then maybe this game would get some much needed love. I doubt we'll ever get one though
    Yeah, unfortunately.
  • hanz0hanz0 Devil Hanzo Joined: Posts: 774
    links are still not working in MAME yet last time i checked version 112 which is the newest one, links dont work, so its not fun to not be able to connect combos:wasted:
    It's emulated by MAME now they got most of the glitches sorted out happened in MAME 107usomething, I would say it is 93% accurate it has few issues

it has 3vs3 man I love 3v3 in a game

so now ppl can play it decently in single player

Is that true? The guy above says that it don't work with the lastest version.
    It works for me you must remeber that MAME and MAME 32 are different as far as versions go MAME32 isn't always updated as fast ..... I'm sure I did link combos but it may not be 100% the combo linking , moogly guy fixed it....

plus you couldn't play the AI before because it was screwy before it just blocked everything and stood still, but now it's like a regular fighting game.....

also if you use the cheats on MAME MAWS, you get 2 extra characters true lotus master and nomario's sister

I'm using MAME 116u something.....IIRC, plus bonus news two new fighters in the latest MAME release bloodwarrior kinda looks crappy and Asura blade part 2, I just can't find a MAME32 version guess I'll have to compile MAME 112u2 I guess :(
    Like Double Dragon, Streets of Rage and Nightslashers X? go to www.chronocrash.com
    Is there any version of MAME thats online compatible that has this game playable?
    not that I know of I'm sure the chineese must have hooked themselves up, just start chatting in kali I'm sure a few of them will know how to compile it into MAME or at least nebula or something...

Ah I played asura blade 2 yesterday not as good as martial masters but it's alright
    not that I know of I'm sure the chineese must have hooked themselves up, just start chatting in kali I'm sure a few of them will know how to compile it into MAME or at least nebula or something...

Ah I played asura blade 2 yesterday not as good as martial masters but it's alright

no success thus far :sad:
    well I got a MAME32 with aura blade 2 to work but I don't really play online.....

it okay not as good as I'd hoped....
    with what I told you I don't play online

single player seems fine not 100% though like maybe 93%
    I can't get Mame112 working at all :(

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=3677906#post3677906

I really want to try Martial Masters.
    I'm playing it on Nebula, and for some reason the music is messed up. Wtf? What's up?
    I've tried it on Nebula it actually runs smooth more so than on the new Mame32. But yeah the same problems still persist, ie: graphics are all messed and music is too. However you can do combos and links properly but its damn hard on a keyboard.

Anyone know how to set Nebula up with a SmartJoy convertor?
  • BurningfistBurningfist The New Challenger Joined: Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • DeadlyRave-NeoDeadlyRave-Neo Joined: Posts: 500
    1 name ghostkick
    friends dont let friends use macros
  • final_cutfinal_cut All day long Joined: Posts: 2,084
    I was told by rick stalvey that this game was done by the people behind third strike/street fighter 3... so im wondering if it plays like that?
    RIP Ol' Dirty
  • The IlluminatiThe Illuminati Joined: Posts: 656
    Holy Shit, Wong Fei Hung is in this game!!! :wow:
  • SpoonzSpoonz Trinigamer Joined: Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just got this, loving it so far, been using Monkey Boy. Any match vids around ?
    Don't fight for victory, fight to improve yourself. Victory will follow
    the voices and the music are cool :p

-Gedo High School Motto
  • kane_warheadkane_warhead Blanka forever Joined: Posts: 1,532
    It can be played now perfectly with nebula. Anyone know any move list regarding this game?
    Sunod-Ako.com - Your Total Resource to Philippine Fighting Gaming
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,134
    I played this game at the first moment i read that i was emulated on Nebula some months ago.

This game is really good, i feel that the game is balanced and the animation is smooth, as i understand, this is the fourth fighting game of IGS (the last is Spectral vs Generation, a game that everybody sure knows) and it feels too SNKism but thats not too strange because PolyGame Master is the Neo-Geo of Taiwan.

Its really bad that this game never got a decent release outside the US (and even Japan, as i know) because it deserves a look.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • Shodokan123Shodokan123 3s 4 Life Joined: Posts: 3,407
    I played this game at the first moment i read that i was emulated on Nebula some months ago.

This game is really good, i feel that the game is balanced and the animation is smooth, as i understand, this is the fourth fighting game of IGS (the last is Spectral vs Generation, a game that everybody sure knows) and it feels too SNKism but thats not too strange because PolyGame Master is the Neo-Geo of Taiwan.

Its really bad that this game never got a decent release outside the US (and even Japan, as i know) because it deserves a look.

almost every char has infinets though... it's like 1v1 x vs sf
    Stupid games...
  • kane_warheadkane_warhead Blanka forever Joined: Posts: 1,532

any tier list for this game?
    Sunod-Ako.com - Your Total Resource to Philippine Fighting Gaming

Really? i saw some videos in Youtube with beastly combos but nothing that got more than 60% damage.
  • 46494649 Certainly, they existed. Joined: Posts: 1,301
    Tiger infinite
    (corner) close C - 4+B - 623+A-236+A-6+A -
    623+A - 236+A - 6+A - [623+A(whiff) - 236+A - 6+A] x n

Ghost Kick infinite
    (When opponent get downed, corner)[421+C] x n
    Only works on Reika, Tiger and Drunk Master

Crane infinite
    J2C - C - 6A - 236A - 236A - 236+B+C -
    C - 623+C - C - [623D - J214A] x n

(corner)4+A+B - (After Jump)2C - C - 6+A(1hit) - 214+B+C -
    [JC - A - C - 6+A(1hit) - 214+B+C] x n
    opponents must be monk

(because every loops gain 1 guage , so can become infinite

^all from Chourei on youtube. there may be more infs but that's all i'm aware of.
    http://youtube.com/user/xiaoyuryu

not part of the scene.
    Ouch... thanks for that =/
  • Master BigodeMaster Bigode Touhoufag Joined: Posts: 879
    well I got a MAME32 with aura blade 2 to work but I don't really play online.....

it okay not as good as I'd hoped....
    I've tried it on Nebula it actually runs smooth more so than on the new Mame32. But yeah the same problems still persist, ie: graphics are all messed and music is too. However you can do combos and links properly but its damn hard on a keyboard.

Anyone know how to set Nebula up with a SmartJoy convertor?

I hope you guys are aware that MAME32 is just a Front-End.
    ^Cool story bro.
    :tup:
    /▌____
    / \
    http://www.touhouwiki.net
  • General DeamondGeneral Deamond Aye Chihuahua! Joined: Posts: 331
    Tiger infinite
    (corner) close C - 4+B - 623+A-236+A-6+A -
    623+A - 236+A - 6+A - [623+A(whiff) - 236+A - 6+A] x n

Ghost Kick infinite
    (When opponent get downed, corner)[421+C] x n
    Only works on Reika, Tiger and Drunk Master

Crane infinite
    J2C - C - 6A - 236A - 236A - 236+B+C -
    C - 623+C - C - [623D - J214A] x n

(corner)4+A+B - (After Jump)2C - C - 6+A(1hit) - 214+B+C -
    [JC - A - C - 6+A(1hit) - 214+B+C] x n
    opponents must be monk

(because every loops gain 1 guage , so can become infinite

^all from Chourei on youtube. there may be more infs but that's all i'm aware of.

Is this the emu version because I own the U.S. PGM cart and I've never been able to pull any of that off.
    "Wet with your blood I sharpen my sword, no turning the other cheek like a coward. Come tomorrow I may lay down and die, but not this day...this day we fight!" - Megadeth
  • dbycrashdbycrash i'm here to rule pants. Joined: Posts: 254
    the TILT in savannah, georgia had this in a sit down cab... yet they somehow couldnt fork the dough over for a decent cvs2, 3s, or proper sized mvc2 machine.
    random since 91'