Martial Masters anyone?

Comments

• kane_warheadkane_warhead Blanka forever Joined: Posts: 1,532
    It can be played now perfectly with nebula. Anyone know any move list regarding this game?
    Sunod-Ako.com - Your Total Resource to Philippine Fighting Gaming
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,134
    I played this game at the first moment i read that i was emulated on Nebula some months ago.

This game is really good, i feel that the game is balanced and the animation is smooth, as i understand, this is the fourth fighting game of IGS (the last is Spectral vs Generation, a game that everybody sure knows) and it feels too SNKism but thats not too strange because PolyGame Master is the Neo-Geo of Taiwan.

Its really bad that this game never got a decent release outside the US (and even Japan, as i know) because it deserves a look.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • Shodokan123Shodokan123 3s 4 Life Joined: Posts: 3,407
    I played this game at the first moment i read that i was emulated on Nebula some months ago.

This game is really good, i feel that the game is balanced and the animation is smooth, as i understand, this is the fourth fighting game of IGS (the last is Spectral vs Generation, a game that everybody sure knows) and it feels too SNKism but thats not too strange because PolyGame Master is the Neo-Geo of Taiwan.

Its really bad that this game never got a decent release outside the US (and even Japan, as i know) because it deserves a look.

almost every char has infinets though... it's like 1v1 x vs sf
    Stupid games...
  • kane_warheadkane_warhead Blanka forever Joined: Posts: 1,532

any tier list for this game?
    Sunod-Ako.com - Your Total Resource to Philippine Fighting Gaming

Really? i saw some videos in Youtube with beastly combos but nothing that got more than 60% damage.
  • 46494649 Certainly, they existed. Joined: Posts: 1,301
    Tiger infinite
    (corner) close C - 4+B - 623+A-236+A-6+A -
    623+A - 236+A - 6+A - [623+A(whiff) - 236+A - 6+A] x n

Ghost Kick infinite
    (When opponent get downed, corner)[421+C] x n
    Only works on Reika, Tiger and Drunk Master

Crane infinite
    J2C - C - 6A - 236A - 236A - 236+B+C -
    C - 623+C - C - [623D - J214A] x n

(corner)4+A+B - (After Jump)2C - C - 6+A(1hit) - 214+B+C -
    [JC - A - C - 6+A(1hit) - 214+B+C] x n
    opponents must be monk

(because every loops gain 1 guage , so can become infinite

^all from Chourei on youtube. there may be more infs but that's all i'm aware of.
    http://youtube.com/user/xiaoyuryu

not part of the scene.
    Ouch... thanks for that =/
  • Master BigodeMaster Bigode Touhoufag Joined: Posts: 879
    well I got a MAME32 with aura blade 2 to work but I don't really play online.....

it okay not as good as I'd hoped....
    I've tried it on Nebula it actually runs smooth more so than on the new Mame32. But yeah the same problems still persist, ie: graphics are all messed and music is too. However you can do combos and links properly but its damn hard on a keyboard.

Anyone know how to set Nebula up with a SmartJoy convertor?

I hope you guys are aware that MAME32 is just a Front-End.
    ^Cool story bro.
    :tup:
    /▌____
    / \
    http://www.touhouwiki.net
  • General DeamondGeneral Deamond Aye Chihuahua! Joined: Posts: 331
    Tiger infinite
    (corner) close C - 4+B - 623+A-236+A-6+A -
    623+A - 236+A - 6+A - [623+A(whiff) - 236+A - 6+A] x n

Ghost Kick infinite
    (When opponent get downed, corner)[421+C] x n
    Only works on Reika, Tiger and Drunk Master

Crane infinite
    J2C - C - 6A - 236A - 236A - 236+B+C -
    C - 623+C - C - [623D - J214A] x n

(corner)4+A+B - (After Jump)2C - C - 6+A(1hit) - 214+B+C -
    [JC - A - C - 6+A(1hit) - 214+B+C] x n
    opponents must be monk

(because every loops gain 1 guage , so can become infinite

^all from Chourei on youtube. there may be more infs but that's all i'm aware of.

Is this the emu version because I own the U.S. PGM cart and I've never been able to pull any of that off.
    "Wet with your blood I sharpen my sword, no turning the other cheek like a coward. Come tomorrow I may lay down and die, but not this day...this day we fight!" - Megadeth
  • dbycrashdbycrash i'm here to rule pants. Joined: Posts: 254
    the TILT in savannah, georgia had this in a sit down cab... yet they somehow couldnt fork the dough over for a decent cvs2, 3s, or proper sized mvc2 machine.
    random since 91'
  • lukass64lukass64 Joined: Posts: 50
    Finally got this damn thing to work.
    1. Get newest Nebula 225b
    2. Get PGM bios or PolyGame Master
    4. unzip nebula
    then learn the moves! I don't know what the hell I'm doing in this game. When I have time I'll figure out all the moves.
    Closed arcade in Nara :(
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    4. unzip nebula
    then learn the moves! I don't know what the hell I'm doing in this game. When I have time I'll figure out all the moves.

They have this game at Pearl Ridge Mall. It'd probably be better playing there since last i heard, it wasn't emulated properly. That was like 6-7 yrs ago though, don't know if they still have it.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • The Electrifying OneThe Electrifying One Coming4EVO Joined: Posts: 1,282
    They still got this at my local arcade. I really don't think those infinites work in the arcade version, they are emu only. Discuss.
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,311
    you can roll the ghost kick one
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    Man, someone needs to insert PGM support to FBA and play this shit on 2DF/GGPO... sad that the PGM emulation is still somewhat ackward, i read on others site that the game got in-game errors and it doesnt play exactly like the real thing, but i dont know if this is true.
  • The Electrifying OneThe Electrifying One Coming4EVO Joined: Posts: 1,282
    since WHP got picked up, this is the only western-friendly fighting game I can think of that still needs to get blown up. Ring of Destruction as well, but that's not likely to happen.
  • Gen-AnGen-An 何で彼女出来ない? Joined: Posts: 616
    the TILT in savannah, georgia had this in a sit down cab... yet they somehow couldnt fork the dough over for a decent cvs2, 3s, or proper sized mvc2 machine.

That's the only place I ever saw this game!
    Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty
  • samurai10000samurai10000 Joined: Posts: 233
    Anyone know what the purpose of the internet password is.
  • catchafirecatchafire My Crew Joined: Posts: 2,496
    Finally got this to work... On Nebula, but the sound and visuals are crappy... It would be nice if I could get it to work on Mame (does it play better on mame?), but I can't even get KOF 98 to work on mame which i'm desperately trying to figure out. If anyone has some tips, contact me through pm or the forum.
    The best thing you can give a person is your time.
  • Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    4. unzip nebula

I tried to the different versions and combos still aren't working properly for me.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • P-EP-E Joined: Posts: 4
    They still got this at my local arcade. I really don't think those infinites work in the arcade version, they are emu only. Discuss.

in fact Crane infinite works on both arcade versions ^^
    for ghost you can roll on the ground to avoid it
  • NEBULOSONEBULOSO Joined: Posts: 275
    Anyone know what the purpose of the internet password is.

IGS had a really good section on their site dedicated to Martial Masters, which they took down for some unknown reason, before I could see what the code did.... They could have been the codes for Crazy and Expert mode, and maybe....

I'm still working on seeing if there is some type of code for playing as TLM (True Lotus Master)?. I did see on a French forum, someone had modded his MM cart so he was able to play as TLM.. And it looks like there's an extra slot on the character select screen as well.
    ОМРАЧЕННЫЙ ЛЕОПАРД
    I'm still working on seeing if there is some type of code for playing as TLM (True Lotus Master)?. I did see on a French forum, someone had modded his MM cart so he was able to play as TLM.. And it looks like there's an extra slot on the character select screen as well.

I still don't see TLM as being selectable, especially if it is the un-altered version of the TLM you fight last. The only way I can see him as being selectable is through a mod, like you mentioned.
    "Wet with your blood I sharpen my sword, no turning the other cheek like a coward. Come tomorrow I may lay down and die, but not this day...this day we fight!" - Megadeth
    There are infinites in the arcade version (I'm basing this off the U.S. version). I think Crane has one, and I'm pretty sure there is someone else who has one too. The emu version, last time I checked, was not very close to the arcade version and had more infinites in it.
  • thrazzthrazz Joined: Posts: 175
    FBA has support for Martial Masters now and it runs pretty well:

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/fba.php
  • VEGA_OMEGAVEGA_OMEGA Has Magic Bullets Joined: Posts: 999
    Mm ftw!

Oh man, I never thought i'd see the day....

I've been playing Martial Masters for so long. I still think it's the most underrated Fighting Game to date.

If I wasn't so lazy i'd do a comprehensive CMV on it.

I was looking through my external HDD and found this old clip that I recorded when I had a PGM mobo and the game. However, this is rollable. And it only works on certain characters. I had other stuff recorded too, but I think it got deleted....

Also, the emu version is just a port of the actual arcade version (obviously) so if you can do it in an emulator you can do it on the actual hardware.

http://rapidshare.com/files/243278299/ghostkick.rar
    I might have been born at night, but it wasn't last night.
    drunken master has an infinite too in last arcade version
    FBA has support for Martial Masters now and it runs pretty well:

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/fba.php

Yep. It runs perfect now! Thanks!
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • CUTWESTCUTWEST There is no rivalry. =( Joined: Posts: 1,771
  • EtotheNGSPDEtotheNGSPD Gief Power Joined: Posts: 884
    martial masters is a fucking awesome game, i play crane, and ghost kick, they rock.
    The Next time we meet im going to break your arms.
    Spun Uncontrollably Skyward... Driven Brutaly Into the Ground.
    Zangief's express line is Open who, is Next???
    Thanks to Luciano Leone, that AV is Fucking Awesome Bro.
  • ProphestusProphestus Martial Masters LP Joined: Posts: 336
    Time to get back on that Martial Masters tip...Possibly one of the best games ever
  • fallotfallot Joined: Posts: 1,475
    am i the only one who got this to work on mame? lol

No one ever got it to work on MAME. It runs, sure, but whole moves are missing and other such nonsense. Its a totally different game.

So keeping past emulation problems in mind, how can we be sure that it runs accurately in this FBA release? Does anyone have experience with the Arcade version? Clear Sky?
    No one ever got it to work on MAME. It runs, sure, but whole moves are missing and other such nonsense. Its a totally different game.

So keeping past emulation problems in mind, how can we be sure that it runs accurately in this FBA release? Does anyone have experience with the Arcade version? Clear Sky?

I never got a chance to play the arcade version, but so far MM on FBA seems good to me. I'm not having any problems doing the same stuff in these combo videos that predate this new FBA release.
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • NEBULOSONEBULOSO Joined: Posts: 275

I have the pgm (arcade) version, and had the mame version, but there was too many problems with the speed, control, sound, moves etc.... That and it would crash after a few minutes of playing..
    I'm working on getting my pc running again, so I can get a mame set-up like Clear Sky has, so I can test Martial Masters and see how close it is..

General Deamond also has the arcade pcb as well, so he can check as well..
    how pratical are the infinites? like in high level play? i don't recall seeing a combo breaker feature or burst.

There is a burst feature, but it's more like an alpha counter.
    And the supposed Ghost Kick infinite combo? You're able to roll out of it, not to mention he was using mame for his Martial Masters videos. But the Crane infinite is possible in the arcade version, but it's frame specific..
    ОМРАЧЕННЫЙ ЛЕОПАРД
    YES!!! The MAME version of this game is complete ass. Shitty. DO NOT PLAY. Most def go with the new FBA version.

But the sound is still shitty. Any help/suggestions?

I'm gonna try to download different roms of the game and see what happens

Sound should work fine with the new FBA release. I don't know why you wasted your time trying the game out on MAME when a bunch of people here said it was unplayable...
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    does anyone still play fighters on Kaillera?

it'd be nice to get a scene going for this game as well.

Yes, people still do. Just ask for games on Godweapon or something.
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • fallotfallot Joined: Posts: 1,475
    and yeah, you guys were right. mame version is bad. very in fact! i wasn't paying attention to how BAD the input lag was, i just thought that's how difficult it was to do moves/combos period.

Its not input lag, the combos just don't work period. They don't exist.
    Crane is for me the god tier of this game
    easy infinite almost doable from ohter side of screen
    air throw , unblockable , air and ground needle
    what else !!
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,977 mod
    You're are going to get banned for #3 I would edit that quick.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    oh shit how did I not find this thread

can we merge topics?