Ask a cop thread.

24

Comments

  • AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    @Raij1n

    6 button layout.
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,408
    AHVB_ wrote: »
    @Icy
    Yes. And I don't know how long they're kept.

    Can you ask?
    New Jersey
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,218
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You are a humorless twat, man.

    He's a cop.

    Got the munchies one night at a friends house so we decided to drive to McDonalds in the middle of the night and eat our burgers on a parking lot close by.
    Cops came, stopped and proceeded to strip-searched us and checked the whole car until our burgers went cold, then the fucking cop turns around and says: "Ok, boys. If you have really hid your drugs in the car, then you did well and can keep them." Then I said: "Cool, because we're really good at hiding drugs." then the motherfucker laughed, hesitated a moment, and searched the fucking car again.

    Seriously all cops are bastards.
    The only "good" cops I've met in my life were the guys in suits that investigate murders and shit.
    All those drug department and street cops are filth and worse than the mafia.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What insights do you have about Oklahoma's law enforcement?
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

    -Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    Ephidel wrote: »
    What insights do you have about Oklahoma's law enforcement?

    None whatsoever.
  • AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    edited July 15
    You're a Broncos fan? I don't think I want to ask you shit.

    It's okay, our rings will do the talking. Maybe your team can learn a thing or two about winning from us.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    Are you a white cop?

    He's def is. Prob calls minorities "subhumans" over the radio.

    who the fuck is robert mayne?!
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You are a humorless twat, man.

    He's a cop.

    Got the munchies one night at a friends house so we decided to drive to McDonalds in the middle of the night and eat our burgers on a parking lot close by.
    Cops came, stopped and proceeded to strip-searched us and checked the whole car until our burgers went cold, then the fucking cop turns around and says: "Ok, boys. If you have really hid your drugs in the car, then you did well and can keep them." Then I said: "Cool, because we're really good at hiding drugs." then the motherfucker laughed, hesitated a moment, and searched the fucking car again.

    Seriously all cops are bastards.
    The only "good" cops I've met in my life were the guys in suits that investigate murders and shit.
    All those drug department and street cops are filth and worse than the mafia.

    Sounds like youre just that asshole who always has to say something.

    Glad your burgers got cold

    This is really a case of, he didn't do nothin'
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Real question time, during a traffic stop, what determines whether you issue a warning or a citation? There are times where I've been caught doing stupid stuff and got a warning and doing just barely over the limit and got a citation. I've never given much credence to the "quota" idea.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Do not fist the android grills!! Joined: Posts: 23,064 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You are a humorless twat, man.

    He's a cop.

    Got the munchies one night at a friends house so we decided to drive to McDonalds in the middle of the night and eat our burgers on a parking lot close by.
    Cops came, stopped and proceeded to strip-searched us and checked the whole car until our burgers went cold, then the fucking cop turns around and says: "Ok, boys. If you have really hid your drugs in the car, then you did well and can keep them." Then I said: "Cool, because we're really good at hiding drugs." then the motherfucker laughed, hesitated a moment, and searched the fucking car again.

    Seriously all cops are bastards.
    The only "good" cops I've met in my life were the guys in suits that investigate murders and shit.
    All those drug department and street cops are filth and worse than the mafia.

    Sounds like youre just that asshole who always has to say something.

    Glad your burgers got cold

    This is really a case of, he didn't do nothin'

    What the fuck does this even mean?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,084
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You are a humorless twat, man.

    He's a cop.

    Got the munchies one night at a friends house so we decided to drive to McDonalds in the middle of the night and eat our burgers on a parking lot close by.
    Cops came, stopped and proceeded to strip-searched us and checked the whole car until our burgers went cold, then the fucking cop turns around and says: "Ok, boys. If you have really hid your drugs in the car, then you did well and can keep them." Then I said: "Cool, because we're really good at hiding drugs." then the motherfucker laughed, hesitated a moment, and searched the fucking car again.

    Seriously all cops are bastards.
    The only "good" cops I've met in my life were the guys in suits that investigate murders and shit.
    All those drug department and street cops are filth and worse than the mafia.

    Sounds like youre just that asshole who always has to say something.

    Glad your burgers got cold

    If I was the officer I would lock the guy and his friends up. Only reason the other cop didn't arrested them was the fact he didn't want to deal with the paper work.

    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,218
    You guys are dumb bitches.
    I made a joke, because he made a joke.

    You guys probably have cops for parents or some shit. I don't even know how else anyone could sympathize with scum like that.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,472
    Darksakul wrote: »
    If I was the officer I would lock the guy and his friends up. Only reason the other cop didn't arrested them was the fact he didn't want to deal with the paper work.

    I see u trying to earn some brownie points. U wanna be his ride along partner or some shit?

  • AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    NeoBlood wrote: »
    Real question time, during a traffic stop, what determines whether you issue a warning or a citation? There are times where I've been caught doing stupid stuff and got a warning and doing just barely over the limit and got a citation. I've never given much credence to the "quota" idea.


    I give discretion to issue a warning rather than a citation on a case to case basis. For example if I stop someone for speeding, and they have numerous citations in the past for other infractions, more often than not they'll get a ticket rather than a warning.

    if i encounter someone who is respectful, honest and just made a mistake, then usually I'll use my discretion and let them off with a warning.

    But at the same time you can't let every nice person off with just a warning because if you do, people will take advantage and drive recklessly.

    On the issue of so called "quotas", like in any other job you're expected to work. If you work in a high crime area and all of your coworkers are bringing in summonses and arrests because the area is crime infested, and you're bringing in nothing, then your supervisors are not wrong in having a talk with you because it looks like you're not doing your job.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,084
    You guys are dumb bitches.
    I made a joke, because he made a joke.

    You guys probably have cops for parents or some shit. I don't even know how else anyone could sympathize with scum like that.

    You were stupid and should of keep your mouth shut instead of joking with a Cop like that.
    They have to take such statements at face value and have to assume you are really hiding shit.

    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    AHVB_ wrote: »
    @BBQ If you feel that a ticket was given to you for a fabricated reason then you can make your case in traffic court. If you violated no laws, you will win.
    That's a cop out.

    Sorry.

    But seriously.

    Most people can't come to traffic court because they can't take time off work. If the officer shows up, it will almost certainly be lost wages + fee because they were more than likely speeding, even if it's with the flow of traffic. Also quite possible their manager won't even give them time off.

    Even if the alleged shows up, the officer's words are taken at face value, because they are trained to take good notes. It's difficult to argue with that unless there's some kind of video evidence.

    Speaking of that particular case, BBQ said the officer was following him for a long time. Wouldn't the police car's video equipment show that he was or wasn't doing anything in particular different from the rest of traffic? Is it easy for an alleged person to gain access to the video ahead of a trial (in your area)? Would that not matter though, because the simple answer is, "you were speeding"?


    If what BBQ alleges is true, then perhaps the officer was rude as well and may have indicated something by the way the officer said about a person who drives a motorcycle?
    That could be resolved with a body cam. So on that note. Do you wear a body cam? Do you keep it on virtually the entire time you are on duty, exceptions for bathroom breaks and when shoving a dozen donuts down the gullet (sorry again for the awful cop joke)?

    In a particular case of "going the flow of traffic" while everyone is speeding, why is it OK, legally speaking, for a police officer to pull over one person? What's the burden of proof to show that a person has been singled out? Is it just shit luck when a person is pulled over when everyone is speeding?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,084
    MCP wrote: »
    Most people can't come to traffic court because

    I going to stop you right there, couple of things you need to know how the real world works.

    1. No employer can stop you from having to take a day off to go to court. Regardless if it's some sort of violation or Jury Duty.
    Only Exception to this is Some Federal Government Employment such as the military (with Jury Duty), and they have their own rules to follow.

    2. Not every state gives you the choice, depending on the violation and the state you are in you are Required to show up, even for a minor traffic violation and failure to do so will mean your arrest.

    Even if the alleged shows up, the officer's words are taken at face value, because they are trained to take good notes. It's difficult to argue with that unless there's some kind of video evidence.
    Not true, a good judge hears out both sides of the case, evaluates each side before making a judgement.
    because [the police] are trained to take good notes
    LOL, that does not mean they actually take good notes or even mean anything. And if those notes are not in the official reports it means nothing.
    In a particular case of "going the flow of traffic" while everyone is speeding, why is it OK, legally speaking, for a police officer to pull over one person?
    When this happens its usually the one person doing 75 in a 55 zone and everyone else is doing 90. It's easier to catch that "Slower" speeder.
    What's the burden of proof to show that a person has been singled out?
    In most states it does not matter, the court can care less what the other drivers are doing even if all of the other drivers are breaking the same law.
    What matters is you are the one who got caught.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,662
    edited July 18
    Good points from you guys but from my experience its fucked. After discussing to an attorney my situation, it was better off to just accept the bargains from these minor offenses. This was a couple years ago so I forgot exactly why I'd have a snow ball chance in hell to try to fight the tickets myself, but since I have a clean record, it was less expensive to show up at the pretrial, bend over and accept the charges and pay the tickets and court fees but not have any points put on my record. If I was let's say accused of going double the limit and my license was on the line, then it would be wise to hire an attorney, for $800.

    I remember trying to fight a ticket when I was younger and the judge was cherry picking my words and used them to flip on me and said if I hadn't said these things, I might of convinced her enough to get it dismissed. When I added my past experience to what the attorney was saying, it is very difficult to fight these dumb tickets. Then again, would it be possible to ask for certain evidence from the cop to help pursue my side? Maybe, but even if it was possible, I dont know if that would still be enough as every judge is different and I could have one that says the cop doesn't need to present the court what I requested...

    And again, I have a clean record, still do as I use my bike less on the street because of the paranoia of being picked off. How many times have I been pulled over for going with the flow of traffic in my car or truck? Zero. Some of my past friends who drive Buick old people cars, or Chevy suburban suv, drive a shit ton faster than I do on my sport bike. And they brag that because they aren't driving a Sports car, visually, they blend in with everyone else and can get away with it. Yet, majority of my other friends have gotten hassled and all they were doing was keeping up with the pace of everyone else, but because they have nice vehicle, the cops assume things, "oh, at one point they were speeding and wasn't aware of it" "oh, they have a expensive toy, so they can handle the cost of the ticket" And again, most of these people, to some degree, respects the rules and if we want to speed, we'd be at our local racing/track organization. So thats just how shit is, you just accept the annual nice ride tax, and hope you get lucky enough it doesn't happen of ton or else you'd have the $800 attorney working for you.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,512 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    MCP wrote: »
    Most people can't come to traffic court because

    I going to stop you right there, couple of things you need to know how the real world works.

    1. No employer can stop you from having to take a day off to go to court. Regardless if it's some sort of violation or Jury Duty.
    Only Exception to this is Some Federal Government Employment such as the military (with Jury Duty), and they have their own rules to follow.

    2. Not every state gives you the choice, depending on the violation and the state you are in you are Required to show up, even for a minor traffic violation and failure to do so will mean your arrest.

    When people say they can't take the day off, they mean they can't AFFORD to take the day off. You're right in saying that no one can stop you from taking the day off...but unless you're entitled to off days then you're going unpaid for that day or days that you decided to go to court to fight the ticket that probably saves you less than you're losing by not going to work. The only court appearance that's protected is jury duty and even then I don't think you're guaranteed to get paid by your employer.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You most def ain't guaranteed to get paid in every state.

    It's honestly bullshit. If you want me to fulfill my civic duty, get me fucking paid for missing work.
    This is offensive.
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,382
    The irony of the people posting in the thread posting more insightful comments than the person who started it(to get asked questions!).

    I see firsthand that they hire cops with low IQ now though.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,857
    BullDancer wrote: »
    The irony of the people posting in the thread posting more insightful comments than the person who started it(to get asked questions!).

    I see firsthand that they hire cops with low IQ now though.
    I always thought there would be less problems involving shitty police officers if they paid them better, but required higher education.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,118
    What do you feel about baseline legalization of all drugs?

    Would the deletion of a criminal market help reduce crime and police resource expenditure or decrease safety due to the streets being awash with readily available substances?

    How do you feel about sanctuary cities?

  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    All my questions are legit and this guy is just ignoring them.

    I feel this is indicative to the blase attitude of all uniformed officers.

    He might feel like they are trolling, but they are legitimate gripes that officers don't want to confront nor want others to do on their behalf.

    Remember when cops were civil servants and didn't try to stand as an independent body?
    This is offensive.
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    thurst wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    MCP wrote: »
    Most people can't come to traffic court because

    I going to stop you right there, couple of things you need to know how the real world works.

    1. No employer can stop you from having to take a day off to go to court. Regardless if it's some sort of violation or Jury Duty.
    Only Exception to this is Some Federal Government Employment such as the military (with Jury Duty), and they have their own rules to follow.

    2. Not every state gives you the choice, depending on the violation and the state you are in you are Required to show up, even for a minor traffic violation and failure to do so will mean your arrest.

    When people say they can't take the day off, they mean they can't AFFORD to take the day off. You're right in saying that no one can stop you from taking the day off...but unless you're entitled to off days then you're going unpaid for that day or days that you decided to go to court to fight the ticket that probably saves you less than you're losing by not going to work. The only court appearance that's protected is jury duty and even then I don't think you're guaranteed to get paid by your employer.

    I was very specific about lost wages, not sure why @Darksakul had to snip out that small quote from the context I gave. Still I appreciate the effort from @Darksakul to provide more details.

    Lost wages + ticket (probable outcome) is less than cost of ticket.

    Default judgement in California goes with the police officer who may not even show up, although I hear they are disciplined if they don't show up without a good reason. Good reasons do happen often enough that most people say at least go to the court to see if they show up.
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,118
    This thread reminds me of Dave Chappell's 'Ask a Black Dude' but none of the good questions get answered and the guests seem to have more correct answers than the host.
  • ManxManx I AM THE ANCIENT. I AM THE LAND. Joined: Posts: 22,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @AHVB_ Do you think Care Bears should be illegal?

    Holla!

    :tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

    My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,084
    I am starting to think I should field some "Ask a Cop" questions.

    I am not a police officer, but at least I can reply back to questions.


    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,588
    @AHVB_ Do you train Jujitsu?
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

    The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    Raij1n wrote: »
    What do you feel about baseline legalization of all drugs?

    Would the deletion of a criminal market help reduce crime and police resource expenditure or decrease safety due to the streets being awash with readily available substances?

    How do you feel about sanctuary cities?

    I disagree with the legalization of all drugs. Speaking from my experience in ems and law enforcement, there is currently a heroin epidemic whose rate of death is higher than our homicide rate. That's a problem.

    Some say that legalizing drugs will make things better but K2 was sold over the counter for awhile and the streets and hospitals were flooded with people who were acting insane because of the consumption of these drugs. I wouldn't want that availability to be spread to other deadly drugs. Their availability really degrades the quality of life.

    Everyone has their opinion, I have mine. I can't support legalizing something that I've seen destroy so many families.

    I don't know if their legalization will affect the crime rate, that's beyond my pay grade but what I do know is that lots of people rob, steal from and hurt others in pursuit of these drugs.

    Me personally, as far as sanctuary cities go. I don't believe they should Harbour illegal alien felons and other illegal immigrants who are career criminals and are a threat to society.
  • AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    @AHVB_ Do you train Jujitsu?

    We're taught a mix of fighting styles which includes jiu jitsu but I personally prefer boxing.

  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,729
    @AHVB_

    So at what distance are cops trained to decide whether or not someone is speeding? Before, after, or as they pass? If it's mechanically based, can you give some insight into how the machines operate?

    Also in your opinion, what is the best cop duty for low stress but also not boring?
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • angelpalmangelpalm Do not fist the android grills!! Joined: Posts: 23,064 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 19
    They should totally legalize heroin and other drugs. If they want to keep the prison slave complex running they could always, you know, actually give real time to these filthy addicts instead of sticking them in country club rehab facilities. I support anything that ensures the culling of that mindless herd.