Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Official Discussion

Comments

• Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wonder if the assist can be mapped to a DDR pad button or a racing wheel accelerator.
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,434
    edited October 7
    If it's 7 per game, I assume it'll be

Blazblue:
    1. Ragna
    2. Jin
    3. Noel
    4. Rachel
    5. Iron Tagger
    6. Hazama
    7. Taokaka

Persona 4:
    1. Yu
    2. Yosuke
    3. Chie
    4. Yukiko
    5. Teddie
    6. Naoto
    7. Kanji

Uniel:
    1. Hyde
    2. Linne
    3. Waldstein
    4. Carmen
    5. Gordeau
    6. Vatista
    7. Nanase

RWBY:
    1. Ruby
    2. Weiss
    3. Blake
    4. Yang
    5. Nora
    6. Jaune
    7. Lie

Ect:
    1. ?
    2. ?
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. ?
    6. ?
    7. ?
    Post edited by Monkey66 on
    edited October 7
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    Uniel:
    1. Hyde
    2. Linne
    3. Waldstein
    4. Carmen
    5. Gordeau
    6. Vatista
    7. Nanase

Only vanilla characters? Too plain. Hoping for Mika and Wagner.
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    Uniel:
    1. Hyde
    2. Linne
    3. Waldstein
    4. Carmen
    5. Gordeau
    6. Vatista
    7. Nanase

Only vanilla characters? Too plain. Hoping for Mika and Wagner.

Same, Mika & Wagner look really interesting & cool. Although I'm thinking they'll go for the more "prominent" characters with this game
  • ErekiEreki Joined: Posts: 4
    Muttonman wrote: »
    I'm confused; is Cross Combo activated by hitting R1 while the assist is active? And then you can either hold it (build gauge) or keep tapping to get more attacks?

From what I remember, after you initially call the assist, the game zooms and focuses the assist indicating that it's going to attack once more. I don't know if there's a timing to it, but they charge in again with whatever input entered after you resume pressure.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,968
    Why the fuck did they put Tag as one of the face buttons!?!?!?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,985
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    When it come to fighter it's usually ideal to have buttons with primary function as face button for pad player and subs button as triggers.

While to early to speculate this game doesn't bt seem to assist heavy like Marvel vs games where you calling assist every 7 sec or so. The other function such as Crush assault, Cross combo, Resonance Blaze mechanics are limited functionality meaning you won't be pressing it as much outside of specific situations.

While Switch/tag on the other hand service as Reversal action, Reject guard via key bind with other buttons.

Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • FreezingCicadaFreezingCicada Joined: Posts: 626
    edited October 7
    keo-bas wrote: »
    When it come to fighter it's usually ideal to have buttons with primary function as face button for pad player and subs button as triggers.

While to early to speculate this game doesn't bt seem to assist heavy like Marvel vs games where you calling assist every 7 sec or so. The other function such as Crush assault, Cross combo, Resonance Blaze mechanics are limited functionality meaning you won't be pressing it as much outside of specific situations.

While Switch/tag on the other hand service as Reversal action, Reject guard via key bind with other buttons.
    EDIT: Nvm
    Seems assist have two moves then inputting motions.
    How RWBY characters could turn out like

• AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,102
    edited October 9
    The button layout feels weird if basing the controls like in Blazblue. If it's like Type A of Blazblue:

latest?cb=20170107112002

Then doing a command such as "reversal action" or "reversal guard" might be a pain to do on the fly (in PS controls it is Square+X; but if it's arcade stick controls we are talking about [in terms of Type A], it would actually be X+R1 in most cases). I don't recall a fighting game where I used the tip of my pinky to perform an abrupt quick task (and I'm sure reversal guard would be something you might have to be quick on upon sight)... at best I use the middle portion of it.

Edit: After testing around, I found a position I can adapt to in order to press the two buttons together, so it doesn't affect me much.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,103 mod
    AceKombat wrote: »
    The button layout feels weird if basing the controls like in Blazblue. If it's like Type A of Blazblue:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/blazblue/images/3/3c/Technical_Type_(Continuum_Shift).png/revision/latest?cb=20170107112002

Then doing a command such as "reversal action" or "reversal guard" might be a pain to do on the fly (in PS controls it is Square+X; but if it's arcade stick controls we are talking about [in terms of Type A], it would actually be X+R1 in most cases). I don't recall a fighting game where I used the tip of my pinky to perform an abrupt quick task (and I'm sure reversal guard would be something you might have to be quick on upon sight)... at best I use the middle portion of it.

Edit: After testing around, I found a position I can adapt to in order to press the two buttons together, so it doesn't affect me much.

Seems to me that it's designed to work with a more TvC/MvC3 Type-B(?) like layout.
    A B C
    D

L M H
    S A1 A2
    So something like:

Weak Strong Crash
    Tag Assist
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,102
    edited October 9
    d3v wrote: »
    AceKombat wrote: »

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/blazblue/images/3/3c/Technical_Type_(Continuum_Shift).png/revision/latest?cb=20170107112002

Seems to me that it's designed to work with a more TvC/MvC3 Type-B(?) like layout.
    A B C
    D

L M H
    S A1 A2
    So something like:

Weak Strong Crash
    Tag Assist

Edit: nvm, the info doesn't add up.

Will wait and see how it works. Can't wait to try this game out somehow.
    Post edited by AceKombat on
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
    https://blog.twitch.tv/anime-returns-to-twitch-with-two-back-to-back-marathons-73f25941fa6b

Twitch will be doing a RWBY marathon starting on October 9th. There's a chance for us to maybe get interested in the series and see whom we'ld like to see in the roster, besides the 4 main girls

Starting real soon, tune in

SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Watching the marathon, and I think that the inclusion of all the 4 main girls (as well as other 3 characters) might be hinting at the appearance of certain roster members

The currently revealed characters have various similarities, such as:
    Ruby = Ragna
    Yosuke = Linne
    Hyde = Yu

Jin = pretty much Weiss. Both are ice users and have a sort of frenemy relationship with the proganists
    Weiss' fight style also resebles Orie from UNIEL and Mitsuru from Persona

Yang = Naoto, Akatsuki, or Akihiko. True melee fighters with very powerful, explosive attacks. Rushdown all day long, but Yang could also have some ranged attacks since her armlets can shoot projectiles
    Alternative option/comparison would be Bullet from BlazBlue. Basically Yang in the show is like a mix of Naoto and Bullet

Blake is a bit harder. She wields a short blade and its case, so she's kind of a dual-wielder, but she also has long-range whip style attacks.
    I think the closest analogue would be Phonon from UNIEL, or Hibiki from BlazBlue. Can't quite think of anybody from Persona who fits the archetype

Pyrrha, if she's included, would pretty much be Tsubaki from BlazBlue or Wagner from UNIEL.
    Their fight styles are identical, and Pyrrha is sorta similar in looks with Tsubaki

Sun would be an interesting original addition. He has some melee moves, but his main weapon are Gunchucks. Basically a long staff out of multiple pieces that can act as nunchucks, and both ends of the "staff" fire bullets (hence Gunchucks). I can't quite think of an alternative from any of the other three franchises, outside of maybe Noel since both have "gun attacks" as a part of their arsenal.

Cinder is one of the most interesting. She dual wields shortblades, and her element is fire.
    Closest similarity would be Sho from Persona or Seth from UNIEL, at least in terms of the fight style/potential movelist

Penny = Byakuya from UNIEL. Both use a bunch of smaller remotely controlled blades to fight their opponents. Penny is also super-strong so she might also have similarities with Mika, also from UNIEL

Mercury would also be a unique addition from RWBY's side. He's like a combination of Jin and Hwoarang from Tekken, so I suppose you could draw similarities to Enkidu from UNIEL or again Naoto from BlazBlue. Maybe also Chie from Persona to a certain extent

SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• MylziletoMylzileto Joined: Posts: 30
    I think Cinder could also borrow a bit from Yukari, since they're both archers, and Penny could borrow from the Murakumo units, since Byakuya's web traps don't quite seem right for her. I don't remember her first fight scene super well (unless her only fight scene was the one in PvP), so maybe she does have something like that, but overall I feel like Mu and Lambda's normals fit her better, though their specials and drives definitely fit less. Maybe she could be a hybrid of all three, plus some of her own stuff? Part of me likes the idea of rwby having all their characters be clones of characters less likely to get in, since there aren't many rwby characters I actively dislike (unlike Persona and ESPECIALLY BB), so I can still enjoy their gameplay without dealing with stuff like Makoto's stupid costume design, but I also kinda want them to be more unique, and get some more new gameplay styles from this game. I'd absolutely love to see Mercury get in, since I love playing as assholes and kick-centric fighters, but I won't be holding my breath.
    So apparently dual audio has been confirmed for Ruby
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,877

Is the second audio "duct taped?"
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,905

The only dual audio I care about is for the Blazblue and Persona characters, since I'd much prefer being able to play this dubbed than anything since those VAs were good.
    LivewireX wrote: »

The only dual audio I care about is for the Blazblue and Persona characters, since I'd much prefer being able to play this dubbed than anything since those VAs were good.
    You better hope it can be set per character. If not, you might not be able to appreciate the english dubs for those characters after Ruby makes your ears bleed.

In all seriousness though, Ruby's english VA could probably be fixed if they just toned down the levels on it.
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 133
    edited October 15

Really, For RWBY characters, where? If yes, what about for UNI casts + any infos that BB & Persona characters will get dual audio back?

EDIT:

You better hope it can be set per character. If not, you might not be able to appreciate the english dubs for those characters after Ruby makes your ears bleed.

In all seriousness though, Ruby's english VA could probably be fixed if they just toned down the levels on it.

So it’s gonna be like Skullgirls & Street Fighter X Tekken, regarding the dual voice per characters?
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,515
    They said fuck Xbox but its nice to see it confirmed for PC so now I'm hype
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191

Really, For RWBY characters, where? If yes, what about for UNI casts + any infos that BB & Persona characters will get dual audio back?

RWBY has an official Japanese dub and there's already a clip of Weiss' JP voice on niconico. I personally don't expect the entire cast to have a dual language option
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

edited October 15
    Post edited by LarsMasters on
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
    edited October 15
    Weiss looks good B)
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Ash to Ash Joined: Posts: 3,251
    edited October 15
    They had the English VAs pronounce the game as Bureiburū? What is their voice director doing?

Honestly, I didn't think they'd add another RWBY character to the game. I guess they're cheaper to make than I was expecting, due to the game's control scheme not requiring them to make as many moves and attacks for new characters. Maybe the full eponymous team will show up after all.
    Prove your justice to society.
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 439
    So, I like to play Rachel in Blazblue but,
    DeNice wrote: »
    3) The overall new fight system is sweet but it makes me really wonder about certain BB characters and how they're gonna function if they even get in at all... I don't play him but Hakumen would have to literally be reworked from the ground up completely since he wouldn't have access to his personal Heat meter AND doesn't have a run animation (though I could see them animating one for him if he's chosen). Same with people that have very unique Drive properties (like Rachel and her wind control).
    How is she supposed to work here?
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
    Oh dang, too many useful infos around here today:
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,460
    Nice, now I only need Orie to make my rapier girls duo.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    edited October 15
    Nice, now I only need Orie to make my rapier girls duo.
    I hope we get her instead of or in addition to Mitsuru.
    They had the English VAs pronounce the game as Bureiburū? What is their voice director doing?
    She said "Blayblue", no Engrish. Isn't that how they want "us" to say it?
    Honestly, I didn't think they'd add another RWBY character to the game. I guess they're cheaper to make than I was expecting, due to the game's control scheme not requiring them to make as many moves and attacks for new characters. Maybe the full eponymous team will show up after all.
    RWBY has its own character row comparable to BlazBlue, P4A and UNIB. Seems more likely for them to have equal size rosters. Also note that there is a row titled "ETC". If we were only getting a couple RWBY characters then I think they should have been in ETC.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,426
    edited October 15
    They confirmed both of my fav Blazblue characters today. I'm happy.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • MylziletoMylzileto Joined: Posts: 30
    Nice, multiple rwby characters are hard confirmed. But Rachel and Hazama? That's just weird. I'm not terribly familiar with Rachel, but most of why I've been wanting to pick up hazama is his weird ass movment, and in a game with run only and no drives, that kinda ruins the appeal. I also had a wild as hell and far fetched but fun idea for Carl, Relius, and Shadow Labrys to get in without sacraficing what makes them unique like with what they're doing to Hazzy. Instead of a full team, their assist/tag buttons control their puppet akin to their d buttons (ada and ignis attack, asterius guards), and they get minor buffs to make up for not having Resonance or tradituonal assists. Not happening, but theorycraft is fun.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 2,331
    I thought the "run only" was deconfirmed by the official controls.

Unless it's run and run faster lol.

In other news, Steam confirmed, I can officially be hype for this!!!
    When's Terumi, Kagura, Akihiko and Akatsuki?
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    Having characters you can't make part of a team in a team game defeats the purpose of adding them into a team game. That's on top off locking them out of a significant part of the meta.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,877
    Having characters you can't make part of a team in a team game defeats the purpose of adding them into a team game. That's on top off locking them out of a significant part of the meta.

Giants were fun in TvC.
    Not sure why people are hearing weird things with the VAs saying "Blazblue". Like...for me, I could hear the "z" in it pretty clearly. And wanting Terumi when Hazama, who Terumi is possessing is in, is well...lol.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,774
    keo-bas wrote: »

I play fighters on pad and I don't have an issue having primary buttons on triggers. Having assists as a face button sounds awful to me.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 2,331
    Muttonman wrote: »

Giants were fun in TvC.

That is bullshit of the highest caliber.
    Not sure why people are hearing weird things with the VAs saying "Blazblue". Like...for me, I could hear the "z" in it pretty clearly. And wanting Terumi when Hazama, who Terumi is possessing is in, is well...lol.

You do realize that Hazama is not only his own character in the end of CP but also for the entirety of CF, right?

And besides, playstyle wise, both are completely different.

You might as well say that Susano'o shouldn't be playable because Hazama is in.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    I've been following BB since CT, so yes I'm entirely aware. I'm simply saying that I very much doubt they're going to have different versions of the same character. Like, the only possible exception I can think of is Jin and Hakumen, and even then with the limited roster spots I wouldn't be overly surprised if they didn't. I mean, Mu-12 plays entirely differently from Noel, and Izayoi plays entirely differently from Tsubaki, but I'm not entirely expecting either of them. Izayoi because there's more important characters, and Mu-12, because I wouldn't be surprised if the only Murakumo in the game was Nu-13.