Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Official Discussion

Comments

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,199
    So judging by the "expect more news in early 2018" line at the end of the trailer, it looks like we might see the next trailer at EVO Japan, and then at RTX Sydney the week after. So that's at least 6 character reveals back to back, which should bring the total count to 26. Unless this game is going full on MUGEN, I expect 3 more months of character reveals in March, April and May, bringing the total to 35, and a release somewhere in summer, so BBTAG is not going to EVO this year
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,957
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    So judging by the "expect more news in early 2018" line at the end of the trailer, it looks like we might see the next trailer at EVO Japan, and then at RTX Sydney the week after. So that's at least 6 character reveals back to back, which should bring the total count to 26. Unless this game is going full on MUGEN, I expect 3 more months of character reveals in March, April and May, bringing the total to 35, and a release somewhere in summer, so BBTAG is not going to EVO this year

Even if it's not out in time for EVO (which I'm still trying to be hopeful for), we'll most likely get a bunch of playable stations at EVO at the ASW booth at the very least.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,071
    LivewireX wrote: »

Even if it's not out in time for EVO (which I'm still trying to be hopeful for), we'll most likely get a bunch of playable stations at EVO at the ASW booth at the very least.

That's my assumption: This and Fighting EX Layer will be out of the running for Evo games, but will be there in playable forms.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • WaveFlameWaveFlame Joined: Posts: 108

We'll most likely be getting double reveals in January and February, with the monthly Arc Nama streams being held on January 19th, (that will hopefully round out the IT in one go,), a week before Evo Japan, and on February 16th, following RTX Sydney, so you can add another 6-8 to your predicted total. They haven't missed a monthly stream since they started doing reveals in September, and Rachel, Hazama and Weiss, who were revealed at RTX London, and Noel, Chie and Waldstein, who were the stream reveals, were just five days apart from each other. I can't see them breaking that pattern, especially if they're starting to pick up the pace as we enter 2018.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,485
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,199
    Oh btw -

Keep your eyes open and tune in cuz we might see a new trailer for the game
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 460
    edited January 13
    So half of the RWBY team will be DLC? Wait, half of the roster?

Also, we're back to silhouettes guessing game.
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,485
    So... wait. This means that the characters revealed until now are the base roster and the rest will be DLC?
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,097
    i didnt followed this game much so...do they actually create some new animations for them or is everything just reused sprites?

• KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 460
    appo wrote: »
    i didnt followed this game much so...do they actually create some new animations for them or is everything just reused sprites?
    There are some new stuff like Rachel, tag supers and characters that weren't able to run in their original games having to do it now because of the new system.

I'm kind of skeptical but waiting for the "full" price. If it's U$40+U$20 or U$30+U$30 I'm fine with it but anything more and I'll wait for a discount like I usually do with ArcSys games.

Funny that the last DLC is not in a bundle with other characters. Maybe is someone special... or it's just Yang coming really late.

By the way, is that Jubei or Taokaka?
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
    Well, it's not really a surprise Blake and Yang would be coming late since they have to be built from the ground up.

Either way, I'm actually glad the game gets to be out before EVO, aren't pissed about the DLC thing since they still have stuff to finish up, and would much rather be able to play the game in June than in November/December.

That, and I'm still hoping for dual audio, of course.
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well ain't that some ol' horseshit. P4 reps is only the core 4/Class 2-2... not even Teddie. RWBY fans are the worst shafted of course.

Only way this might be remotely okay is if the base game is pretty cheap, or if the characters come in bundles like what SF4 did for AE and Ultra. Knowing Arc's dlc practices though... yikes
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Well, it's not really a surprise Blake and Yang would be coming late since they have to be built from the ground up.

Either way, I'm actually glad the game gets to be out before EVO, aren't pissed about the DLC thing since they still have stuff to finish up, and would much rather be able to play the game in June than in November/December.

That, and I'm still hoping for dual audio, of course.

You'll be playing mostly by yourself lol!!
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,293 mod
    edited January 13
    Paolochun wrote: »
    Well ain't that some ol' horseshit. P4 reps is only the core 4/Class 2-2... not even Teddie. RWBY fans are the worst shafted of course.

Only way this might be remotely okay is if the base game is pretty cheap, or if the characters come in bundles like what SF4 did for AE and Ultra. Knowing Arc's dlc practices though... yikes

The characters are coming in bundles. Aside from Blake and one other character (who I assume is Yang), everyone else comes as part of a pack of three characters each.

Do you people really not read the news and just look at the headlines?
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias *Cornette Face* Joined: Posts: 3,347
    This is actually bad enough that I've just straight up changed my avatar and profile text because at this point Arc Sys has managed to make me go into permanent Cornette Face mode.

I can appreciate that Blake and Yang cost a lot of money to make, but given the sheer amount of asset reuse we're seeing here... I'd think the cost of the base game would cover them!

Surely someone at ArcSys knew this was going to look extraordinarily bad on their part? Did this not get debated? Did they just charge on ahead regardless? Ugh.
    edited January 13
    This is actually bad enough that I've just straight up changed my avatar and profile text because at this point Arc Sys has managed to make me go into permanent Cornette Face mode.

I can appreciate that Blake and Yang cost a lot of money to make, but given the sheer amount of asset reuse we're seeing here... I'd think the cost of the base game would cover them!

Surely someone at ArcSys knew this was going to look extraordinarily bad on their part? Did this not get debated? Did they just charge on ahead regardless? Ugh.

http://jaytheanalyst.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/fear-success.jpg
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,167
    How is Arcsys fucking up this badly? I just don't understand it. How does a meeting of some sort go on and no one asks questions when the decision is made to have 20 DLC characters? Fucking hell.
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,478
    This is dumb as heck
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 13
    Damn, I bet Capcom must be kicking themselves for releasing CvS2 so early.
    How is Arcsys fucking up this badly? I just don't understand it. How does a meeting of some sort go on and no one asks questions when the decision is made to have 20 DLC characters? Fucking hell.
    Well, they did stop by at Riot Games...
    edited January 13
    This is absolute bullshit. It's true we don't know the full details, but if the details were good they would have come out and fucking told us right up front so we'd be excited. Clearly they have something to hide.

Time to make some noise. Here's some of the company's Twitter accounts, feel free to let them know this is a huge, no-sale problem.

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU
    https://twitter.com/blazblue_pr?lang=en

I can't seem to find their parent Arc Sys Works Japan page, but if someone finds that we can go give them a piece of our mind too.

Edit: For what it's worth, if they have a VERY generous DLC plan in store I would consider this good enough, but they haven't communicated that with us. Instead, they just said 'brace for lots of DLC.'
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,189
    edited January 13
    I can live with this whole DLC thing (BlazBlue has always had kinda shitty practices with new material (I don't think you could even upgrade from CS to CSE without buying a new disc?)) but what I can't accept is that Yang is probably the final DLC character. I mean, who else are they gonna be able to sell alone? None of the rehashed characters at least. Blake being the only other character that is sold seperately is quite telling.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
    Someone just pointed out to me that the game's base cost might reflect this asset-recycle, that the Japanese yen cost converts to about $35-40. IF they keep that price point in the US, I'd actually go ahead and give them the nod on this; $40 base game plus $20-ish for a season pass would be acceptable.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,392
    Wtf.

Well, that's it. One less game in my wishlist.
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    Thanks for that link. It's good that somebody pointed out that kinda stuff.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,197
    I guess that people here are so accostumed to bs that now are ready to jump the gun befoire having all the info.
    Which is fucking dumb imo.
    Lets wait until we know all the details to know if we need to bring our pitchforks before acting like fools.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    60-70 is within the range of what I would find reasonable for the game plus DLC. I can live with 60-70 and that's what I expected to pay for Cross Tag overall in the first place.

This is nonetheless a really, really bizarre marketing decision and I would have expected them to know that up front. With the company's questionable DLC practices in the past, along with recent controversies on other 'microtransaction' behavior from other publishers, you'd think they would have gotten ahead of the problem. Like, show the price point in bold print during the trailer.

Because this looked extremely bad, and still has the potential to turn out that way on the western side of things. I admit it's less likely now and I'm glad to hear it, but wow.
    60-70 is within the range of what I would find reasonable for the game plus DLC. I can live with 60-70 and that's what I expected to pay for Cross Tag overall in the first place.

This is nonetheless a really, really bizarre marketing decision and I would have expected them to know that up front. With the company's questionable DLC practices in the past, along with recent controversies on other 'microtransaction' behavior from other publishers, you'd think they would have gotten ahead of the problem. Like, show the price point in bold print during the trailer.

Because this looked extremely bad, and still has the potential to turn out that way on the western side of things. I admit it's less likely now and I'm glad to hear it, but wow.

Unless....it was rage/attention-grabbing marketing.
    I dunno on that. Mori ain't Kodaka...that we know of, lol.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Exactly what part of being upset that 20 characters are DLC is misinformation? That's literally half the roster. What more info do I need to know to make this situation any less bullshit than it is? Pricing? Regardless of the pricing, most of these DLC characters will be from games that already exist i.e recycled. I read the link you posted. The base game will be 6000 yen or about $54. That's for 20 characters, only TWO of which are new. The game and ALL the DLC will be 10500 yen which comes out to 94 dollars. Again, how many of these will be new characters considering what we know about the first 20 in the base roster?

Based on the details we know of right now, there is plenty of reason to be upset and I'm glad that many people are feeling the same way.