Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Official Discussion

Comments

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,919
    The fact that you think Taokaka has "no chance" says pretty much everything I need to know about your understanding of the BB characters. Other than the big 3, Hazama, and Tager, she's in a prime spot to be in the game.
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,380
    edited July 24
    I just wanna play team boxer (Akihiko and Yang).

Akihiko was mad fun in P4Arena.

The only other candidates im really looking forward to from RBWY that I'd really wanna play is Phyrra or Jaune.

I was tempted to struggle past Season 1, then I heard best character got killed and that killed all my motivation to watch. You know, kind of like when I said if Glenn died on the Walking Dead I'd quit watching. Haven't watched a single second of TWD since.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,720
    The fact that you think Taokaka has "no chance" says pretty much everything I need to know about your understanding of the BB characters. Other than the big 3, Hazama, and Tager, she's in a prime spot to be in the game.

Taokaka has NO reason to get in. She never had any plot relevance and she isn't even fun to play as.

Unless you like to zip around the screen like crazy.

The only reason she's getting in is that Japanese like cats and "kawaii shit".
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,384
    "Bashing Makoto fans" is calling a bunch of grown men weirdos who want a squirrel with tits inna fighting game?

Lol. "Okay"

That's literally what it is tho, what's with the air quotes?

And a grown men hating on a fictional female character isn't a weirdo? :/
    edited July 24
    Volt wrote: »
    Taokaka has NO reason to get in. She never had any plot relevance and she isn't even fun to play as.

And how does this matter in a cross over game?

The other part is just opinion since Taokaka is my fav BB character
    Post edited by Monkey66 on
    edited July 24
    Kinda weird how some here are so anti kawaii desu female characters (even if they're not even that kawaii-like) and bash those that like them, but want the most dudebro appealing characters out there

"Omg I needs me some Tagger bro. Dude I needs me some Kanji. Waldstien or get rekt"

Nothing wrong with that, like what you like. But still :#
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,265

Tao is practically BB's mascot. Her character is designed to serve that purpose.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Monkey66 wrote: »

And how does this matter in a cross over game?

The other part is just opinion since Taokaka is my fav BB character

Win quotes and trashtalking. Plot relevant characters tend to have cooler or funnier stuff.

I'll concede the other part though. Pure, subjective opinion.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,597
    Plot relevant...wtf?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Some good RWBY fights

Bonus lol
    Hecatom wrote: »
    The amount of dumb shit some niggas post here. :rofl:
    This are the criterias that they will use to choose the characters.
    Popularity
    Uniqness in gameplay
    An the possibilty to hype some clash between their counterpart from the other games.

Their plot relevance on their parent games will have little to do with their chances on making it into this game.

What if I told you that characters with more impact have more vs quotes and therefore more chances to hype fights?

Or do we not expect Terumi to say shit to everyone, with a very possible inclusion to people like Narukami?

But anyway, I'm taking a look at UNIEL's characters and Akatsuki is mad hype.

I've heard that the Steam version is an update behind though, is it worth checking out or should I wait for the update?
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,812
    If you think win/vs quotes have fuck all to do with hype fights, then I honestly don't know what to say.

If you like that kind of stuff, sure, do your thing. But if you think that makes the matches hype in itself then I can't even comprehend that.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    If you think win/vs quotes have fuck all to do with hype fights, then I honestly don't know what to say.

If you like that kind of stuff, sure, do your thing. But if you think that makes the matches hype in itself then I can't even comprehend that.

Uhhh... I dunno, maybe it makes for good trailer material...

I just want to have Terumi trolling the whole P4 cast, is that too much to ask?
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,597
    It's a pretty stupid position to argue from as to who will and wont make it I can tell you that for sure.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    It's a pretty stupid position to argue from as to who will and wont make it I can tell you that for sure.

Reasonable enough.

To be fair though, it's more a question of who's getting cut than of who's getting in. This runs in the BBCF engine, I see no reason to not have the whole BBCF cast besides balancing, and most of the assets besides the RWBY characters are done anyway.
    All they need is to record some new lines and the rest is on Cross Tag itself (Story, mechanics, the core game itself.)

I'm still not convinced this game will have less than 60 characters.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,281

Reasonable enough.

To be fair though, it's more a question of who's getting cut than of who's getting in. This runs in the BBCF engine, I see no reason to not have the whole BBCF cast besides balancing, and most of the assets besides the RWBY characters are done anyway.
    All they need is to record some new lines and the rest is on Cross Tag itself (Story, mechanics, the core game itself.)

I'm still not convinced this game will have less than 60 characters.

I donn't expect it to reach over 30, unless they are going for something like MvC2 without caring much for balance, i don't really expect them to add everyone from each series.
    Maybe on a sequel?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I dunno, as long as every character is viable by itself, things tend to work out. Tag also helps a lot with balance since the partner can cover bad matchups.

For example, you can have people with some bad matchups like Akihiko vs Narukami, but if you add a partner that can deal with him and get a combo that can lead to a tag leaving Akihiko close to put the pressure on him, the main issues of the matchup are gone.

I feel like synergy will be more important than individual character balance, but both will be an important factor. And as far as I looked, every character is unique enough to not get overshadowed by anyone else, even the shotos.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,281
    edited July 24
    Thinking about it from a business point of view, it would make more sense for them to release the game with a smallish roster and expand it from there with revisions/dlc packs.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Thinking about it from a business point of view, it would make more sense for them to release the game with a smallish roster and expand it from there with revisions/dlc packs.

That is true. But it really isn't Arc Sys style. BB only had real DLC characters as Pre-Order/Late Arcade releases, Story Unlockable or late DLC's for previous NPC's that got playable and that's pretty much the sign that we should expect something soon.

I didn't follow Xrd closely, but it basically worked the same way from what I remember.

Considering that this is a game full of reused assets, either type of DLC isn't likely. Unless they're coming in packs based on their home series. But that's Capcom's style.

Game might be a bit heavy on the price tag though. There are a few companies wanting their share of the profits, but I don't think they'll get to the point of on-disc DLC.

Colors and asthetic stuff like system voices on the other hand... Don't hold your breath for Fight Money, unless you're talking about money matches to pay for them.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Enigmatic Gale Joined: Posts: 3,237

Tao is practically BB's mascot. Her character is designed to serve that purpose.

I think Platinum's Jubei doll is more of a mascot for BB at this point than Tao is.
    Prove your justice to society.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,741
    IDK... I think of BB and the boobie squirrel and fourth wall breaking cat lady are the first people to come to mind after RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE... Ten years later, and that name is still the silliest shit imaginable.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    IDK... I think of BB and the boobie squirrel and fourth wall breaking cat lady are the first people to come to mind after RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE... Ten years later, and that name is still the silliest shit imaginable.

I've been calling him Ragna the Shipedge since CF's finale, if you want something sillier.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,919
    The only character from CT I can see ASW avoiding would be Carl, because his mechanics don't make much sense in a tag fighter. Hakumen's meter system could also be a problem. But the rest of the CT roster is practically a lock on popularity alone, and the CS characters will fill out the rest of the cast. I don't think the CP/CF newcomers will be in unless a few slip through the cracks.
    I seriously hope Kagura gets in.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,440
    Bang, akihiko, litchi, carmine, and yuzuriha is all I need.
    How busted does a Narukami/Merkava team sound?
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,062
    Tager/Waldstein. OMG
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,631
    Preemptive fuck all Gordeau and Hilda players.

Hilda and V-12 in the same team

Zoning for days, yo
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Team Terumi/Akihiko

AKA Team "Hey guys, I just came here from SFV, why is this robot chick backdashing so much... OH GOD!"
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,741
    Team Terumi/Akihiko

AKA Team "Hey guys, I just came here from SFV, why is this robot chick backdashing so much... OH GOD!"

Akihiko at least got tools to try and close space... What the fuck does Akatsuki do against Hilda or v-12?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited August 2
    Team Terumi/Akihiko

Akihiko at least got tools to try and close space... What the fuck does Akatsuki do against Hilda or v-12?

Fireball and try to close the distance or just block and dash whenever you can. If its offline, hum the jaws theme. Guaranteed breakdown, 10% of the time, it works every time.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,631
    who are the shotos of P4A and UNIEL?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    who are the shotos of P4A and UNIEL?

Narukami and Mitsuru for P4A.

Uniel got Hyde and Akatsuki, I think.

Narukami might be the best shoto ever though. He was consistently top tier across both games and has a really solid design.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,857
    I'm just waiting for the potential bullshit of a Carl and Ken/Koromaru team, or an Arakune and Carmine team, lol.

Also when it comes to RWBY characters, if it's 8 from each series, it'll probably be Team RWBY and Team JNPR since they're essentially the main 2 teams people know. If it goes up to 10, then probably Cinder and Roman (if just 9, then I'd guess only Cinder). If it gets more than 10 per series, then I'm not sure. And I say that as somebody familiar with RWBY.
    Roster size may vary according to the series. P4AU's whole cast is like, half of the BB cast, UNI doesn't even manage to compete in that aspect either.

I have the impression that I should watch RWBY, but I saw a few fight scenes videos that someone posted here and I didn't like the art style.
    Are the plot and soundtrack good? If they are, I might put up with it and find a way to watch it.