Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Official Discussion

13468911

Comments

  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,855
    Volt wrote: »
    Roster size may vary according to the series. P4AU's whole cast is like, half of the BB cast, UNI doesn't even manage to compete in that aspect either.

    I have the impression that I should watch RWBY, but I saw a few fight scenes videos that someone posted here and I didn't like the art style.
    Are the plot and soundtrack good? If they are, I might put up with it and find a way to watch it.

    No, it's basically godawful
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,745
    Everything I've seen of RWBY screams low-budget.

    The VAs and their acting is early 90s anime dub awful, and the CG... Well ReBoot looks better across the board.

    ReBoot is also 20 years old...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,857
    edited August 2
    Well, I mean considering it started out animated from scratch by like 3 people, the VAs are mostly people where it's either their first experience with it/one of, and that it's literally the first sort of animated thing Rooster Teeth's ever done, I'm not sure what people were expecting. Like, they're not going to instantly have a Black Lagoon dub, or a Fate Zero/Fate Stay: Unlimited Bladeworks animation budget.

    It took ages for them to be able to switch from Poser to what they used in Volume 4.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,639
    If they're doing 10 per series, I'd like to see the following

    BlazBlue
    - Ragna (confirmed)
    - Jin (confirmed)
    - Tager
    - Hakumen
    - Bang
    - Azrael
    - Valkenhayn
    - Noel
    - Rachel
    - Lambda

    Persona
    - Yu (confirmed)
    - Teddie
    - Kanji
    - Akihiko
    - Yusuke
    - Jinpei
    - Naoto
    - Chie
    - Labrys
    - Mitsuru

    UNIEL
    - Hyde (confirmed)
    - Waldstein
    - Seth
    - Gordeau
    - Enkidu
    - Chaos
    - Merkava
    - Yuzuriha
    - Hilda
    - Phonon
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

    Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Well, I mean considering it started out animated from scratch by like 3 people, the VAs are mostly people where it's either their first experience with it/one of, and that it's literally the first sort of animated thing Rooster Teeth's ever done, I'm not sure what people were expecting. Like, they're not going to instantly have a Black Lagoon dub, or a Fate Zero/Fate Stay: Unlimited Bladeworks animation budget.

    It took ages for them to be able to switch from Poser to what they used in Volume 4.

    Yeah, I've heard something like that, so I wasn't really expecting eye candy right from the start.

    Of course, one can only persevere through the initial problems if it's actually worth watching it, that's why I wanted to know whether or not the plot was good or not.

    No budget and visual effects can save a bad plot, and a good plot doesn't really need a budget.

    With that said, is it good or not? Should I care that this weird chick with a scythe and her series is probably one of the main reasons we're not playing this game right now?
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,296
    Remember that GG will be also part of the crossover.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,857
    Volt wrote: »
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Well, I mean considering it started out animated from scratch by like 3 people, the VAs are mostly people where it's either their first experience with it/one of, and that it's literally the first sort of animated thing Rooster Teeth's ever done, I'm not sure what people were expecting. Like, they're not going to instantly have a Black Lagoon dub, or a Fate Zero/Fate Stay: Unlimited Bladeworks animation budget.

    It took ages for them to be able to switch from Poser to what they used in Volume 4.

    Yeah, I've heard something like that, so I wasn't really expecting eye candy right from the start.

    Of course, one can only persevere through the initial problems if it's actually worth watching it, that's why I wanted to know whether or not the plot was good or not.

    No budget and visual effects can save a bad plot, and a good plot doesn't really need a budget.

    With that said, is it good or not? Should I care that this weird chick with a scythe and her series is probably one of the main reasons we're not playing this game right now?


    It's got some interesting things and a good world, but my understanding was usually people first watch for the fight/action scenes, keep sticking around a bit for some funny spots/in jokes, and stay because what's going on making them care about the characters.

    That being said, it's worth also noting that the fanbase can be incredibly divided on some things (though that's probably expected when you check the Reddit page of something), and the best advice I would give is to try and go into it with as blank of a slate of what you think it will be/should be/is based on what you hear and just make up your own opinions. I mean, I only heard about it because Screwattack did a "Yang vs Tifa" Death Battle, went "what's this RWBY thing?", and asked a friend of mine who was like "oh yeah, Rooster Teeth made an anime and its up on their Youtube".
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Volt wrote: »
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Well, I mean considering it started out animated from scratch by like 3 people, the VAs are mostly people where it's either their first experience with it/one of, and that it's literally the first sort of animated thing Rooster Teeth's ever done, I'm not sure what people were expecting. Like, they're not going to instantly have a Black Lagoon dub, or a Fate Zero/Fate Stay: Unlimited Bladeworks animation budget.

    It took ages for them to be able to switch from Poser to what they used in Volume 4.

    Yeah, I've heard something like that, so I wasn't really expecting eye candy right from the start.

    Of course, one can only persevere through the initial problems if it's actually worth watching it, that's why I wanted to know whether or not the plot was good or not.

    No budget and visual effects can save a bad plot, and a good plot doesn't really need a budget.

    With that said, is it good or not? Should I care that this weird chick with a scythe and her series is probably one of the main reasons we're not playing this game right now?


    It's got some interesting things and a good world, but my understanding was usually people first watch for the fight/action scenes, keep sticking around a bit for some funny spots/in jokes, and stay because what's going on making them care about the characters.

    That being said, it's worth also noting that the fanbase can be incredibly divided on some things (though that's probably expected when you check the Reddit page of anything), and the best advice I would give is to try and go into it with as blank of a slate of what you think it will be/should be/is based on what you hear and just make up your own opinions. I mean, I only heard about it because Screwattack did a "Yang vs Tifa" Death Battle, went "what's this RWBY thing?", and asked a friend of mine who was like "oh yeah, Rooster Teeth made an anime and its up on their Youtube".

    Fixed for accuracy.

    I'm already going in with a blank slate, that's why I asked here instead of trying to fish for a synopsis and get spoilers. And I wanted to know where to watch it, preferably free. If Youtube got it, better for me. Gonna see if Ruby "I speak English in a trailer where everyone is speaking Japanese" Rose is cool.

    Thanks.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,729
    You are out of your mind if you think Aigis is not a 100% lock.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Remember that GG will be also part of the crossover.

    But do we have anything confirming that though? That print you posted was in Japanese, all I knew is that the Katakana had GG on it and we got literally nothing after the announcement trailer.

    Arc Sys, why are you mimicking Capcom...
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,857
    edited August 2
    Volt wrote: »
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Volt wrote: »
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Well, I mean considering it started out animated from scratch by like 3 people, the VAs are mostly people where it's either their first experience with it/one of, and that it's literally the first sort of animated thing Rooster Teeth's ever done, I'm not sure what people were expecting. Like, they're not going to instantly have a Black Lagoon dub, or a Fate Zero/Fate Stay: Unlimited Bladeworks animation budget.

    It took ages for them to be able to switch from Poser to what they used in Volume 4.

    Yeah, I've heard something like that, so I wasn't really expecting eye candy right from the start.

    Of course, one can only persevere through the initial problems if it's actually worth watching it, that's why I wanted to know whether or not the plot was good or not.

    No budget and visual effects can save a bad plot, and a good plot doesn't really need a budget.

    With that said, is it good or not? Should I care that this weird chick with a scythe and her series is probably one of the main reasons we're not playing this game right now?


    It's got some interesting things and a good world, but my understanding was usually people first watch for the fight/action scenes, keep sticking around a bit for some funny spots/in jokes, and stay because what's going on making them care about the characters.

    That being said, it's worth also noting that the fanbase can be incredibly divided on some things (though that's probably expected when you check the Reddit page of anything), and the best advice I would give is to try and go into it with as blank of a slate of what you think it will be/should be/is based on what you hear and just make up your own opinions. I mean, I only heard about it because Screwattack did a "Yang vs Tifa" Death Battle, went "what's this RWBY thing?", and asked a friend of mine who was like "oh yeah, Rooster Teeth made an anime and its up on their Youtube".

    Fixed for accuracy.

    I'm already going in with a blank slate, that's why I asked here instead of trying to fish for a synopsis and get spoilers. And I wanted to know where to watch it, preferably free. If Youtube got it, better for me. Gonna see if Ruby "I speak English in a trailer where everyone is speaking Japanese" Rose is cool.

    Thanks.


    Also, I should point out that a lot of the early episodes when they were low staffed were shorter two parters instead of a single one. I don't think it really takes away from stuff too much (since when I started, the first 2 seasons had already aired), but it might be something to know.

    Edit: Also, playlist if you're still looking.

  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    Leon63 wrote: »
    You are out of your mind if you think Aigis is not a 100% lock.

    It's not a matter of who gets in. It's a matter of "Will someone get cut? If yes, then who?"

    Most of the assets, and arguably the most troublesome (Sprites, character/playstyle design) are already done.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    Not looking forward to blocking Jubei's shenanigans if he shows up like that in Cross Tag.

    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Enigmatic Gale Joined: Posts: 3,237
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Preemptive fuck all Gordeau and Hilda players.

    Hilda and V-12 in the same team

    Zoning for days, yo
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Volt wrote: »
    Team Terumi/Akihiko

    AKA Team "Hey guys, I just came here from SFV, why is this robot chick backdashing so much... OH GOD!"

    Akihiko at least got tools to try and close space... What the fuck does Akatsuki do against Hilda or v-12?

    As a Murakumo player, you two are hurting me right now.

    It's Λ-11, μ-12, ν-13.
    Prove your justice to society.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,745
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Preemptive fuck all Gordeau and Hilda players.

    Hilda and V-12 in the same team

    Zoning for days, yo
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Volt wrote: »
    Team Terumi/Akihiko

    AKA Team "Hey guys, I just came here from SFV, why is this robot chick backdashing so much... OH GOD!"

    Akihiko at least got tools to try and close space... What the fuck does Akatsuki do against Hilda or v-12?

    As a Murakumo player, you two are hurting me right now.

    It's Λ-11, μ-12, ν-13.

    Fuck them robot hoes.

    They all look the same any way, except for Noel-not.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,639
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Preemptive fuck all Gordeau and Hilda players.

    Hilda and V-12 in the same team

    Zoning for days, yo
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Volt wrote: »
    Team Terumi/Akihiko

    AKA Team "Hey guys, I just came here from SFV, why is this robot chick backdashing so much... OH GOD!"

    Akihiko at least got tools to try and close space... What the fuck does Akatsuki do against Hilda or v-12?

    As a Murakumo player, you two are hurting me right now.

    It's Λ-11, μ-12, ν-13.

    Whatever, they're all the same anyway
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

    Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,604
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Preemptive fuck all Gordeau and Hilda players.

    Hilda and V-12 in the same team

    Zoning for days, yo
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Volt wrote: »
    Team Terumi/Akihiko

    AKA Team "Hey guys, I just came here from SFV, why is this robot chick backdashing so much... OH GOD!"

    Akihiko at least got tools to try and close space... What the fuck does Akatsuki do against Hilda or v-12?

    As a Murakumo player, you two are hurting me right now.

    It's Λ-11, μ-12, ν-13.
    You would play those lamos lol.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,426
    Vatista is the only anime robot girl I need.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 482
    I heard furryfag and ran in here as fast I could.

    Jokes aside, I'll just wait for character reveals. Not like there will lack of waifus in a fun hype game.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    tataki wrote: »
    Open the first tweet to see the full thread with all the new details.

    Interesting.

    Now I'm kinda curious about Hyde's sprite in the trailer. How much did it get improved?
    No arcade version might break the Japanese domination in the scene... Lol, who am I kidding.
    Turns out I won't be screwed simply by playing on pad, good to know.

    I still ain't seeing no Steam confirmation... Arc Sys, please... Don't leave me behind again...


    Wait a minute, early in development!? Did we just get another "This isn't even my final form!" "20% and still better than Marvel" batch of memes?
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,857
    On one hand, while I'm hyped at the possibility of more fan requested characters getting put in...I'm also kind of bummed because I don't want to have to wait an extra little bit to play it, lol.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,699
    Volt wrote: »

    Now I'm kinda curious about Hyde's sprite in the trailer. How much did it get improved?
    I think the trailer is just proof of concept and he'll look different eventually.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    tataki wrote: »
    Volt wrote: »

    Now I'm kinda curious about Hyde's sprite in the trailer. How much did it get improved?
    I think the trailer is just proof of concept and he'll look different eventually.

    I wanted to know if they had changed him, since it didn't seem to be the case.

    This basically ensures the game is pretty far though.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,131
    As expected, no GG characters in plan. Maybe if people bug them enough they do one, perhaps as DLC, but I expect none at all. Too bad for no arcade release.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    Cronopio wrote: »
    As expected, no GG characters in plan. Maybe if people bug them enough they do one, perhaps as DLC, but I expect none at all. Too bad for no arcade release.

    No arcade is great.
    First because we won't get an 2.0 arcade announcement two weeks later than when Steam finally gets the 1.0 version.
    Second, because that way, the Japanese don't get to practice before everyone for a year and treat internationals as free vacations.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,857
    Of course, it being designed with Western Audiences primarily, that just raises the all important question. Will there be a dub?
  • FlugaFluga ???WHAT GOES HERE??? Joined: Posts: 357
    tataki wrote: »
    Open the first tweet to see the full thread with all the new details.

    Everything about this sounds gravy, honestly. No DP motions would be dumb though, IMO. GG characters will be DLC, probably in an updated version.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    Fluga wrote: »
    tataki wrote: »
    Open the first tweet to see the full thread with all the new details.

    Everything about this sounds gravy, honestly. No DP motions would be dumb though, IMO. GG characters will be DLC, probably in an updated version.

    Nah, you're just getting triggered.

    This probably means things like a 4 button layout and few piano inputs. (I can't imagine playing SFV's Ed on pad) Also, loads of macros. Throw macros, burst macros, Barrier macros, you name it.

    They can't do things like Down, Down instead of DPs since Ragna has both as Special moves.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,296
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Of course, it being designed with Western Audiences primarily, that just raises the all important question. Will there be a dub?
    The reason why neither BBCF and GGXrdRev didn't had a dub was because the VA strike that was happening around their releases.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    Hold up.
    Famitsu: So, will there not be any Guilty Gear characters in the game?

    Mori: We understand that people want us to put Guilty Gear characters in the game. However, Guilty Gear doesn't really have an end to its story, or part of it, so we're not considering that at the moment. If we were to bring Guilty Gear characters in, I'd feel a lot better about it if we did it after its story has been concluded.

    I've seen this before... Didn't Mori say something similar regarding GGxBB? That he wanted to conclude BB's story first or something?

    This can get real hype a few years from now...
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,639
    Not surprised Cross Tag is skipping Arcades, I highly doubt this would be popular on that platform in Japan
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

    Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,855
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Not surprised Cross Tag is skipping Arcades, I highly doubt this would be popular on that platform in Japan

    Why?


    Also, the three games on it are all 4 button games as well, so I don't suspect any really weird control schemes.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,857
    Hecatom wrote: »
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Of course, it being designed with Western Audiences primarily, that just raises the all important question. Will there be a dub?
    The reason why neither BBCF and GGXrdRev didn't had a dub was because the VA strike that was happening around their releases.

    Not necessarily. It was actually just a case of rushing to try and get the games out closer to Japanese releases and save some money with speculation on it having to do with working on like Revelator and Centralfiction at the same time.

    I don't think it had to do with any sort of strike because as far as I know, the only VA that was part of it was Erin Fitzgerald (Bullet in BB, Ramlethal in GG). Both Cristina Vee (Noel), and Patrick Seitz (Ragna) were surprised that they didn't hear anything and kind of in the dark and all that.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,131
    Volt wrote: »
    Cronopio wrote: »
    As expected, no GG characters in plan. Maybe if people bug them enough they do one, perhaps as DLC, but I expect none at all. Too bad for no arcade release.

    No arcade is great.
    First because we won't get an 2.0 arcade announcement two weeks later than when Steam finally gets the 1.0 version.
    Second, because that way, the Japanese don't get to practice before everyone for a year and treat internationals as free vacations.

    No arcade is not great. Straight to console games tend to be sloppier than games that go under the heavy test of arcades where a poor game will flop much harder. There are (very few) exceptions, but generally that's how it goes.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,272
    No arcade means a Japanese scene likely won't develop for it. At least it will be a small one.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,733
    We still gonna get bopped you know.

    Oh, definitely. Blazblue is popular enough in Japan to build a console scene in whatever good game they release. I'm pretty sure Persona is as well.

    But this time we have no excuses.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,857
    Volt wrote: »
    We still gonna get bopped you know.

    Oh, definitely. Blazblue is popular enough in Japan to build a console scene in whatever good game they release. I'm pretty sure Persona is as well.

    But this time we have no excuses.

    I'm sure people will think of SOMETHING.
13468911
Sign In or Register to comment.