Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Official Discussion

Comments

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,736
    Filthy Gajins
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,389
    Looks like these 4 series are the only ones planned for this game. Maybe Guilty Gear and other series characters will appear as dlc

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/11/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-producer-talks-rwby-possibility-adding-guilty-gear-series/
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,881
    edited August 11
    I know I'm certainly not complaining. Most people would have been happy with just BB/Uniel/P4A, but getting RWBY thrown in there is awesome to where I think we're really going to get a diverse roster that can please just about everyone.

Or well, I guess people can just laugh at how strong a potential Gordeau assist could be.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,958
    LivewireX wrote: »
    I know I'm certainly not complaining. Most people would have been happy with just BB/Uniel/P4A, but getting RWBY thrown in there is awesome to where I think we're really going to get a diverse roster that can please just about everyone.

Or well, I guess people can just laugh at how strong a potential Gordeau assist could be.

Narukami's already got a good Tag-in. That Zio Car hits low, and depending of when you tag, it can make for some annoying mixups.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Give me all of the fencers.
    Naoto/Eltnum: You thought your hands hurt reloading before...
    If it's 10 characters per franchise, I'd say the lineup should be

Blazblue:
    1.Ragna The Bloodedge
    2.Jin Kisaragi
    3 Noel Vermillion
    4.Taokaka
    5.Iron Tager
    6.Hazama
    7.Platinum The Trinity
    8.Makoto Nanaya
    9.Naoto Kurogane
    10.Celica A.Mercury

Persona Arena:
    11.Yu Narakumi
    12.Chie Satonaka
    13.Kanji Tatsumi
    14.Rise Kujikawa
    15.Junpei Iori
    16.Yukari Takeba
    17.Akihito Sanada
    18.Aigis
    19.Labrys
    20.Sho Minazuki

Uniel:
    21.Hyde
    22.Linne
    23.Waldstein
    24.Carmen
    25.Vatista
    26.Seth
    27.Hilda
    28.Nanase
    29.Chaos
    30.Phonon

RWBY:
    31.Ruby Rose
    32.Weiss Shnee
    33.Blake Belladonna
    34.Yang Xiao Long
    35.Jaune Arc
    36.Nora Valkryie
    37.Sun Wukong
    38.Roman Torchwick
    39.Neopolition
    40.Cinder Fall

Add some prominent characters while adding a few (semi)-wild cards too. Also most of them would be different from each other
    Can we stop gimping rosters thinking it will be just 10 per game?

Dang, the post above didn't even had Mitsuru. We don't even know if they'll be equal, Blazblue's roster alone is like, over twice than Unist. Maybe even P4AU and Unist combined can't reach its size, but I'd have to check and numbers bore me.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    edited August 12
    Volt wrote: »

Dang, the post above didn't even had Mitsuru. We don't even know if they'll be equal, Blazblue's roster alone is like, over twice than Unist. Maybe even P4AU and Unist combined can't reach its size, but I'd have to check and numbers bore me.

Well you're free to make your own list if you want, dictating others list won't do anything :|
    Monkey66 wrote: »

Well you're free to make your own list if you want, dictating others list won't do anything :|

Chill, I'm no Bison main, I don't dictate anything.

I just said that the sheer difference in roster sizes makes "10 per each game" lists inaccurate and incomplete by nature, and that this is a recurring thing in this thread.

Instead of restricting ourselves, why don't we all try to reach a logical roster guess without really caring about how many characters from each gets in?
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,855
    Why the hell would they make the roster presentation from each franchise unequal? No crossover ever had that
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    ImpeccableBreakableCoelacanth-max-1mb.gif
    Free to make your own list? Well that's not too bad of an idea...though I'm not familiar much with UNIEL.

Blazblue:

Ragna
    Jin
    Noel
    Hazama
    Rachel
    Tsubaki
    Nu-13
    Kokonoe (story reasons)
    Makoto
    Tager

Persona:

Yu
    Yosuke
    Chie
    Yukiko
    Kanji
    Teddie
    Naoto
    Aigis
    Labrys (or Shabrys if they felt like it)
    Elizabeth or Margaret (or Joker if they want to tie it into a potential P5 Arena)

UNIEL (from what little I know):

Hyde
    Linne
    Eltnum
    Orie
    Carmine
    Waldstein
    Gordeau
    Byakuya(?)
    Vatista(?)
    Seth(?)

RWBY:

Ruby
    Weiss
    Blake
    Yang
    Juane
    Nora
    Pyrrha
    Ren
    Cinder
    Roman or Sun(?)

Were it just 8 or whatnot, I suppose take out the bottom 2 from each list.
  • MylziletoMylzileto Joined: Posts: 26
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Kokonoe (story reasons)
    This brings up an interesting quetion: how will the story effect the roster, and vice-versa? If it's going to be a villain team-up plot, then you can obviously expect a villain or two from each series, whereas a more gag-based crossover shenanigans plot would lend itself well to the more colorful, funnier characters, like Teddie, Taokaka, and maybe a few left-fielders that aren't necessarily important, but lend themselves well to that, like (for a comically unlikely example), Professor Port. furthermore, each series is vastly different. RWBY, Persona, and Blazblue are all world-saving type stories, but BB and P4's are pretty much done as of their lastest entries, as far as I understand, whereas Ruby and her crew are just getting started. UNIEL, as far as I can tell, has no real stakes. From the few arcade modes I did, it seems like the villain doesn't really have huge aspirations like Izanami (persona), or Salem, or anyone from BB, so if they do do a villain crossover, which villains are getting in? I hear Relius is unnacounted for, so he might be a good choice, but P4's villains are all reformed. It's possible that Adachi's connection to Shadows would have a similiar effect on grim, giving Salem and her ilk to be interested in him, but he wouldn't have much reason to join up given his reformation, unless they just re-use his motivation from p4uu. And speaking of RWBY, how are they going to handle the shift in tone from Volume 3?
    Are they going to set it after Cinder's takeover as the fall maiden, limiting her potential as a playable character, or before, opening up the door for Penny, Pyhrra, and Torchwick, as well? Maybe they're working with Volume 5 material, and Fall Maiden Cinder has a chance?
    Plus, given the new persona 3 dancing game, Atlus might be willing to (god forbid) bring back Minato, which would practically guarantee that Aigis or Elizabeth get in as DLC at the least, given his history with the two. All things considered, I think that either Kokonoe or Relius have a good chance of getting in (though that might be wishful thinking, they're my BB mains) as the one that builds the machine that starts the crossover, with iconic characters and maybe a few left fielders, from each dealing with suddenly being in this strange new world, possibly all four mixed up together, PS all stars style. Roster predictions coming later, lunch break is almost over.
    Story is literally about the universes crossing over and Ragna wondered in the trailer if that was another possibility.

Things are going to get weird on that front.

Mori did say that he wanted to make sure that every character fit well in the game, while also being respectful to their original designs.

Would any character be too hard to fit in? These are probably the ones getting cut. I don't think Eltnum will make it, Akatsuki has a chance since he's more serious, but Eltnum almost goes full Deadpool from what I've heard.
    I don't really think Eltnum leaning on the 4th wall would make her ineligible, honestly speaking.
    I think Eltnam's biggest obstacle is not being a Uniel character, she's from Melty Blood. Same devs, different series. Same deal as Guilty Gear, though more likely than any of them. Same thing for Akatsuki, too.
    Story is literally about the universes crossing over and Ragna wondered in the trailer if that was another possibility.

Things are going to get weird on that front.

Mori did say that he wanted to make sure that every character fit well in the game, while also being respectful to their original designs.

I knew I should have double checked those tweets. Ah well. The point I was trying to make though, jumbled it may have been, is that I think this won't be up to date with the series its crossing over. Obviously, it already does that with BB, since that one just ended, and Uni doesn't really have much canon as of yet so they don't have much to actually go on with that, but the Persona 4 saga covers two whole years of events, and by the end all of the villains are repentant, dead, or on the path to a face-turn, whereas Ruby is using her old, volume 1-3 outfit instead of her new one, making it already not up to date. I think they'll just throw these characters into Kagutsuchi/remnant/Yaso-inaba/tokyo with no attempt to show us when this is happening for these characters. Maybe Adachi (if he's in) will still be a huge dick, but everyone else will have their post-social link character development, or Weiss will have summon magic, but also her earlier outfit from the beacon saga like Ruby has.
    What are the odds of Terumi doing this in Cross Tag?

Still nothing?

Maybe at TGS
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,342
    I'm not expecting anything there, tbh. I think the focus will be on DBFZ.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540
    It's a game that's early in development. We'll have to wait at least a year to get any substantial news.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,174
    Actually, we should be getting news sometime in September (I forgot about this game completely, to be honest):

http://shoryuken.com/2017/08/30/more-blazblue-cross-tag-battle-characters-to-be-revealed-in-september/
    Twitter: @YuriAkushon | XBL: Yuri Action
    Yuri_AcTN wrote: »

Huh, got a birthday present.

Now watch it be Teddie just to make me salty.

I'm calling either Mitsuru, Aigis or the P3 protag that I can't remember the name. I'm sure it's a P3 rep.
    This'll be a nice pick-me-up after Irma. A p3 character sounds likely, and while the p3 hero (Minato is the name I see used most often) would be a huge disappointment lore-wise, it would also be super exciting, as his first appearence in a decent game since his first (not counting re-releases, or his lobby avatar in p4u). That said, Aigis and Mitsuru are much safer guesses. Could also be Labrys or Sho, since they're more closely tied to p4u in particular as two of the game's originals, but the same thing could work against them, since they're less recognizable to casual fans.
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,125
    Yuri_AcTN wrote: »
    Here's hoping for Chie or my boy Adachi.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,868
    Seems silly they'd announce just one character from a previous game. Might be someone who didn't show up in Arena at all
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,855
    Muttonman wrote: »
    Seems silly they'd announce just one character from a previous game. Might be someone who didn't show up in Arena at all

Well maybe they're revealing one Persona character and somebody else from another series, plus there's TGS soon and the news about the game last month said they'd start revealing the roster starting with September
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    A bunch of people seem to speculate it'd be like Joker from P5 or something. Though, I could see it being Makoto Yuki (protagonist) from P3 too.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,125
    Well, it does say "new playable Persona character". If it was anyone who we've seen before, why would they say new? This has to be someone who was never in the game, period.
    That feels like a bit of a stretch. Seems less like "reveal of a new character" and more like "new reveal of a character". It could certainly happen, and I would absolutely love it (though I can't really think of any new Persona characters I would be excited to try outside of Tatsuya, Lisa and Eikichi, and I doubt p2 is getting any rep outside of color palletes), but I just don't think they'd reveal a brand new character as their first bit of post-reveal news, especially when it's apparently so early in development. If it is anyone new though, Joker and Makoto/Minato are the most likely.
    The only non-playable relevant P3/P4 characters that aren't in P4A is

1. P3 male protagonist
    2. P3 female protagonist
    3. Fuuka Yamagishi

Doubt it'd be Fuuka since she's not that popular. Pretty iffy on female protagonist too, so it would probably be male

Although with Persona 5 Arena already trademarked, maybe it's a P5 character? Could see it being P5 Protagonist or Morgana
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540
    It should be Maya Amano. No one will expect characters from the first two Personas.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,868
    It should be Maya Amano. No one will expect characters from the first two Personas.

That's an odd way of spelling Sunglasses Hitler
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 864
    Make one of the characters the twin wardens and give them an alternate skin for Nanako/Maiko.
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    The only non-playable relevant P3/P4 characters that aren't in P4A is

1. P3 male protagonist
    2. P3 female protagonist
    3. Fuuka Yamagishi

Doubt it'd be Fuuka since she's not that popular. Pretty iffy on female protagonist too, so it would probably be male

Although with Persona 5 Arena already trademarked, maybe it's a P5 character? Could see it being P5 Protagonist or Morgana

Randomly throw in Shinjiro and be like "yeah, he's fine". Or well...I guess they could do some weird thing like throw in those 2 people from Persona Q, or Theodore from P3P.
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,773
    The first mistake of doing what they did to Shinjiro in the game, is that they never knew how the series would develop, and how much of a wasted potential it is that we can't have him in the fighting games.
    Leon63 wrote: »
    The first mistake of doing what they did to Shinjiro in the game, is that they never knew how the series would develop, and how much of a wasted potential it is that we can't have him in the fighting games.

Sure you can. It doesn't necessarily have to be actually him. It could be like some "Shadow Version" of him that the game's story created that takes his form but isn't actually him, making it so you could play as and fight him without actually changing what happened. I mean, I imagine it would be better received than including Metis or having them give Chidori her Persona back so that she can be used.
    If we're in general agreement that Minato can make it in despite being a door, Shinjiro's biggest obstacle would be the same as any other new fighter: would he be unique or iconic enough to justify new assets? Minato being the protagonist of his game, obviously is iconic enough, and one more variation on swordfighting can't be that hard. Shinjiro, meanwhile, could make it in as a unique character, since he would be the only axe wielding character in the game. And Joker could be a clone of Hazama or Terumi, since he, as well, would be iconic enough to warrent a discussion. Of the three, I think Shinjiro is the least likely, especially since that unique, axe wielding gameplay would require making him from the ground up, whereas other new characters (primarily from rwby) mostly have a base to work from, lessening the overall workload by allowing those in charge of balancing to start from a base moveset, (If it weren't for the Murakumo units, Penny wouldn't stand a chance of getting in. But since they do, I'd peg her as merely unlikely), while giving the animation team a reference of what these character need to be doing. It doesn't mean they can add such characters willy nilly, new assets are new assets, and the only clone I can think of that might not need any adjustments is Cinder as Yukari, since Isis doesn't actually do anything but drop stationary Garu spells and Cinder has been shown to be incredibly resourceful with magic, but it does mean that if arcsys wants to lighten the load a bit by doing that, all new characters totally unlike the ones already in their previous games are less likely. But this is all conjecture, it's possible Ruby is the only new fighter, and it's possible we'll get more new fighters than we can shake a stick at. For now, we wait for the 15th, and hope that the new reveal gives us a decent idea of what they're willing to do for new characters.
    Truth be told, I thought they'd do character reveals sort of like with mini trailers showing 1 from each franchise as they went along, or something along those lines.