Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Official Discussion

Comments

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,990
    Gameplay details from SKD
    So, game is designed to be pad friendly. 5 buttons, ABC, Tag, and Assist.

First, A/B are standard normals. There are command normals, 4X, 2X, I don't think there's 6X because of the way run works in this game lol (there's no walking, you just run). There are auto combos via 5AA.../5BB... on hit and block. 5aa, 5aaa and 5bb, 5bbb are special normals you can't do otherwise.

C button is...universal overhead or sweep for 5C and 2C respectively lol.

Tag button just tags, no idea what else.

Assist has 3 attacks, neutral, back, and forward.

There's a mechanic where you cause your assist to stay on screen and you can keep using them to attack. Not sue what the input is to start it, I think it's like 236 assist. They like, power up when they land on screen and it starts draining the assist call gauge until it's empty and then they leave. You can command them to do their assist attacks without cooldown, not entirely sure what the input is to command them but I think you hold assist and press A/B/C. A is neutral assist attack, B is forward assist and C is backwards assist.

ASSISTS CAN EAT SOME ATTACKS SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPECIFIC COMBOS EXIST

Macros, there's...BC (throw) tech window looks like BB. I think there's a command dash at the start of it, lol. A+Tag is 2 button DP. ABCD I think, is burst (costs 1 bar) and causes the combo to break and you switch characters.

Specials, 236 and 214 only it seems. A/B and C variants. C specials cost meter.

Supers are marvel style. 236BC and 214BC for level 1 and level 2 super respectively. Intuitive DHC's for team supers.

This sounds like whack to me.
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,907
    Just A/B/C? I'm not sure how that would work because of how the entire Drive thing works with Blazblue characters. I mean hell, if Noel's in the game for instance (which I expect she will be), I don't even know how you could manage that without D buttons.
    More infos
    So, the mechanic resonance blaze is kinda x Factor comeback mechanic like, you get it when one of your characters die (you activate it with assist button after they're dead) not sure what the effects are beyond red health regen and powered up supers.

For incoming, not sure what dictates it, but I've only seen attacks done on incoming, lol. Mostly vertical, some side? not sure if its linked to characters, I'll explore that later.

There IS TRM IN THE GAME and you can't be thrown during blockstun. Throw is actually proximity based, you can throw immediately point blank but if there's a little bit of space the throw input will automatically close the gap. Of course there's a maximum run before the throw comes out if you do it from far away.

There don't seem to be air unblockable normals? Maybe anti airs. It seems like there's definitely head invuln moves, but ill dig deeper into this later.

The other thing, I said there were 4x normals, it actually only applies to A attacks I think.and 2a seems to be universally low. So 4a, 2a, 5a, 5aa, 5aaa, 2b, 5b, 5bb, 5bbb, 5c, 2c, jA, jB, jC, and specials. It seems like characters have an air special, but only assigned to one direction. However, they still have variants. For example, ragna has nightmare edge and berial on j214a / j214b, and he has no j236 series but Narukami air fireball is j236X (no j214 series).
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,877
    Everyone is puppet character. And people thought this would be easy and casual...
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    Wow, this looks custom designed for casual fg-playing uber weebs. TBH I can't blame ASW for cornering that market with DBZ and now this, but I am a little salty that we will likely forego a lot of GG stuff for the time being so they can work on this nonsense. I'll certainly not be playing either
  • ClutchComboClutchCombo ClutchEXE Joined: Posts: 89
    I love the theme for that leaked video. Had to find it online. I know people find it annoying but its very raw and epic!
    SF V(Meh), MvCI and BB. Excited to try out DBFZ

Follow me on twitter. https://twitter.com/ClutchEXE
    PsN: ClutchCombo
    Youtube.com/coasttoclutch
    twitch.tv/ClutchEXE
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 2,374
    I just can't take this control scheme seriously.

On the other hand, P4A autocombos are in. I'm cool with that.

What was Narukami's j.214 series?

... How do you do Aerial Inferno Divider rekkas!?
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    To use GG terms, it's KSD, 5 normal specials, 2 force breaks, 2 overdrives, and then 3 tag attacks per character. You then have 3 air normals and up to 4 air specials it seems.

That's not too bad? I'd really rather have one more real attack button though
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    edited October 5
    3 normals and all specials either 236 or 214 is so dumb, when is this hand-holding trend going to stop? Also only having a run is really dumb
    How are they going to make the characters that rely on or have a very unique Drive attacks work anyway, since there's only 3 attack buttons?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• MylziletoMylzileto Joined: Posts: 30
    Well, I guess this means most of my dream team picks are out. Kokonoe, Shadow Labrys, Relius, maybe Carmine too, they just wouldn't work with this simplified control scheme. Maybe I can get Chie/Hilda though, if I'm lucky.
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 439
    edited October 5
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Just A/B/C? I'm not sure how that would work because of how the entire Drive thing works with Blazblue characters. I mean hell, if Noel's in the game for instance (which I expect she will be), I don't even know how you could manage that without D buttons.
    Maybe go full Angel in KOF and have her chains being command normals mitigated between the 3 buttons. At least now I have more hopes for Tao now. But how Ragna does Inferno Divider and his other moves?

PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    ETC

So, can I have hopes for Akatsuki and May too?
    Post edited by KensouADV on
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
    While I'm kinda freaking out at this point, I want to calmly analyze the bits of Ragna and Jin's footage from that Ruby MM Nightmare.

Maybe we can guess the normals now that we know the combo system.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,808

Seven character per series, huh? Does RWBY even have three additional characters worth adding?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

Seven character per series, huh? Does RWBY even have three additional characters worth adding?

Oh they'll find whom to find I'm sure
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

3 normals and all specials either 236 or 214 is so dumb, when is this hand-holding trend going to stop? Also only having a run is really dumb

2 normals and a dust even. With 3 assist attacks though I suspect I'll function as a third normal button.

That said, Dengenki did 3 buttons + assist and only quarter circles and it was fine. This seems to be heavily leaning in it for inspiration; add an assist attack and tag in exchange for making your C button less.
    How are they going to make the characters that rely on or have a very unique Drive attacks work anyway, since there's only 3 attack buttons?

Probably either left out or folded into specials/ assists. You get 7 special moves on the ground after all

That bar better scroll until I can pick Kagura.

Wait, "etc"? Hold up, there are going to be more than 4 series repped!?
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,439
    edited October 6

About 10 mins of gameplay. Quality isn't that great, but it's something.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Ash to Ash Joined: Posts: 3,251
    Well, I'll have to reserve final judgement for actually playing it, but I'm not liking that control scheme at first glance. P4U and DBFZ already provide elegant solutions for simpler fighting game controls that still provide avenues for depth. CTB's approach just seems excessive, and maybe even counterintuitive to easily grasping combo flow.

I dunno, given the controls and the fact that the game is allegedly built towards a Western audience, I can't help but feel like this is shaping up to be the Mystic Quest of ArcSys fighting games.
    Prove your justice to society.
    They should've just had one more attack button to fit every unique mechanic in the game. Drive from BB, light and heavy Personas, what's-it-called from UNIEL, and then just have tag and assist on top of that. I mean as of now it seems like pads would use three face buttons and two shoulder buttons, with one face button bring completely unused.

I dunno why they went with this weird ass control scheme that seems to do nothing but gimp the characters and have ArcSys completely redo their movelists to accommodate a 3 attack button layout.

Not to mention yet again complete absence of DP motions from the game, just like DBFZ

Fuck casuals
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

They should've just had one more attack button to fit every unique mechanic in the game. Drive from BB, light and heavy Personas, what's-it-called from UNIEL, and then just have tag and assist on top of that. I mean as of now it seems like pads would use three face buttons and two shoulder buttons, with one face button bring completely unused.

I dunno why they went with this weird ass control scheme that seems to do nothing but gimp the characters and have ArcSys completely redo their movelists to accommodate a 3 attack button layout.

Not to mention yet again complete absence of DP motions from the game, just like DBFZ

Fuck casuals

This.

I don't mind DP motions getting axed, but there's no need to not use 6 buttons, even for Pad players. 3 normals, lol ghetto Dust, Tag and Assist. ABCD on the main 4 buttons and Tag/Assist on L1/R1.
  • ClutchComboClutchCombo ClutchEXE Joined: Posts: 89
    TBH I reserve judgement until I see it. But in my experience auto combos condone mashing and mashing makes things annoying. Not like I cant beat mashers but it's not fun to fight someone who just mashes all day. At least for me. I still think both DBZF and BBCTB look good so hopefully ill just get over it
    SF V(Meh), MvCI and BB. Excited to try out DBFZ

Follow me on twitter. https://twitter.com/ClutchEXE
    PsN: ClutchCombo
    Youtube.com/coasttoclutch
    twitch.tv/ClutchEXE
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,525
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,084
    Close to 20 min of gameplay.

Tag is FAST
    You can keep the assist in like a puppet

This is sick.

This is really sick.
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,117 mod
    Ereki wrote: »

- There doesn't seem to be a form of pushblock available, so I had to sit and wait my turn.

This bit worries me a bit. Games with tag/assist usually allow you to create all sorts of extended, and almost busted levels of offensive pressure, so they usually have a defensive mechanic like pushblock (of DBFZ's 4+S) that allows a defending player a chance to steal their turn.

Without it, they're going to have to be very careful with their frame data.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,985
    This control lay out seem nothing new.

and of course alot of thing are going to be streamlined, their was no possible way they could stick to each game mechanics and make them work out well.
    d3v wrote: »

- There doesn't seem to be a form of pushblock available, so I had to sit and wait my turn.

This bit worries me a bit. Games with tag/assist usually allow you to create all sorts of extended, and almost busted levels of offensive pressure, so they usually have a defensive mechanic like pushblock (of DBFZ's 4+S) that allows a defending player a chance to steal their turn.

I mean its far too soon to worry about this as I bet not all mechanics have been developed or even discovered. Just because one defining mechanic is not present doesn't mean there is not another to take its place.

Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,317
    The roster is a placeholder according to the rep.

keo-bas wrote: »
    This control lay out seem nothing new.

and of course alot of thing are going to be streamlined, their was no possible way they could stick to each game mechanics and make them work out well.

I mean its far too soon to worry about this as I bet not all mechanics have been developed or even discovered. Just because one defining mechanic is not present doesn't mean there is not another to take its place.

Burst and universal DP should help there
  • DeNiceDeNice Still Reppin' Dat Sak Joined: Posts: 151
    For a game that's in pre-alpha, that gameplay is looking mighty fine for now. A few things I personally noticed:

1) There IS pushblock in the game (called "Reject", happens in the official ArcSys Play Movie at 2:35 [done by Yu in the Jin/Linne vs. Yu/Ruby battle]; resembles MVC's style of pushblock while looking like Instant Guard from BB.

2) I can sorta see the simplified controls working but I honestly feel like if they were gonna simplify the controls, they should modeled it closer overall to UNIEL; A = Light, B = Medium, C = Heavy/Drive (for BB characters), D = Tag and reserve the bumpers towards the cute stuff. I guess it's just because I don't like the tag team super being tied to my C for some reason...

3) The overall new fight system is sweet but it makes me really wonder about certain BB characters and how they're gonna function if they even get in at all... I don't play him but Hakumen would have to literally be reworked from the ground up completely since he wouldn't have access to his personal Heat meter AND doesn't have a run animation (though I could see them animating one for him if he's chosen). Same with people that have very unique Drive properties (like Rachel and her wind control).

4) Even with the fairly loose and fast tagging system, that overall damage being so sky high concerns me for now. People who already hate fighting certain high damage character in their source games (i.e. BB's Iron Tager) are REALLY not gonna like getting hit with a single Distortion in the middle of nowhere and eating like 8K and instantly losing a character over it. I got faith it'll get normalized as production moves along.

5) I actually hope they keep the UI, Character Select screen and overall presentation. It's pretty bright and lively IMO.
    I may be taking things easy these days, but that doesn't mean I still don't have plenty of fighting spirit! Proud fighting schoolgirl player since 97!

XBL-PS3-PC Tag: DeNice1776
    USF4: Sak/Chun/Poison | TTT2/T6: Xiaoyu/Miharu/Alisa/Lili/Asuka | DOA5: Ayane/Kasumi/Hitomi | BBCP: Noel
    edited October 6
    https://blog.twitch.tv/anime-returns-to-twitch-with-two-back-to-back-marathons-73f25941fa6b

Twitch will be doing a RWBY marathon starting on October 9th. There's a chance for us to maybe get interested in the series and see whom we'ld like to see in the roster, besides the 4 main girls
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• ErekiEreki Joined: Posts: 4
    I'll try and see if I can explore the options I missed. It really doesn't help the reps won't explain a thing.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,784

The game is in PRE-ALPHA.
    They also stated that there are a lot of stuff on the current build that isn't final.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    DLd45ABX4Ac7nLz.jpg
    DLd5BUCX0AAichl.jpg
    I'm confused; is Cross Combo activated by hitting R1 while the assist is active? And then you can either hold it (build gauge) or keep tapping to get more attacks?
  • MylziletoMylzileto Joined: Posts: 30
    Wait, that says tap forward twice to dash. So walking is a thing? I've seen it said in several places (though nowhere official) that running is the default, so was that info wrong? Or is there a super dash? It looks like the latter, since I didn't see any walking in those videos, and Linne seemed to have two different run speeds, but I might have just imagined that. Also, that whole controls explanation thing is really oddly worded, and it's got some typos. On a more positive note, the shadows on that BlazBlue stage look great, as do the stages in general. If this is pre-alpha, then I can't wait for the finished product. I'm not loving the UI, but for some reason all the BB UIs have rubbed me the wrong way, so it's really nothing new.