Instead of reviving an old thread, I'm just starting new one, and the Magenta (at least the pre molded gate one) is here....
Some of the comments from Evo:
This joystick is my dream
This is a game changer
I have been telling everyone about this - Mr Wizard, our first install/customer
This is some amazing shit
I went from hitting 1 out of 4 times to hitting that move almost every time
The feedback was extremely positive, with one single detractor, "People want clicks though", to which I said, "We can leave the micros" @Toodles
This was a project we announced 5 years ago and has come to fruition through some blood, sweat and tears.
Magenta is an analog joystick that takes an analog field and maps it to digital outputs. In other words, this takes something like this:
And makes it communicate with your stick like 4 microswitches...
So what does this mean, it means you can change how the stick behaves with different positions and tweak to your play:
1) Each direction can have independent slider control to determine sensitivity
2) You can change the relationship or the cardinals and diagonals
3) you can rotate the map to correct for a slight hook or slice
4) 4 different modes are stored so you can easily switch between games
The plan is to launch this fall, but I wanted to open a thread for discussion and to say I'm really glad to be back on TT more!
Quick FAQ that will be elaborated on:
1) You program by mini usb directly to your computer
2) Security in place to prevent tampering
3) Installed just like an optical, and does require a 5v power source
4) Has been declared tournament legal!!!!
Pictures from Evo:
Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller