Pick 2 characters from the current MVCI roster that you will main?

2»

Comments

• Rager Da PrinceRager Da Prince Hiiipower Joined: Posts: 48
    edited July 31
    Maverick Hunters X and Zero because when has Zero been bad. X just cuz why not?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,733 mod
    Maverick Hunters X and Zero because when has Zero been bad. X just cuz why not?

Because top tier team.
  • Master_BelmontMaster_Belmont Joined: Posts: 23
    Captain America and Arthur, my Marvel 3 guys. Excited to test out news things they got.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Blanka and Sagat
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• FlugaFluga ???WHAT GOES HERE??? Joined: Posts: 357
    X and Zero due to childhood dream team.

Yes, I am eating big time crow. No, I have no shame.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Venom/Jedah
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,422
    I feel dante and frank is gonna be a thing. Gonna try that team out second. Can't say yet who I'm gonna have with Jedah with.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 808
    edited August 2
    GhostTear wrote: »
    I feel dante and frank is gonna be a thing. Gonna try that team out second. Can't say yet who I'm gonna have with Jedah with.

It's gonna be hella strong, just Million Dollars people on reaction, tag in Frank and snap snap snap.

Actually that's not gonna work, that's just gave me a little insight into the meta, because if you're gonna try and punish someone with a beam or projectile, all they'd have to do it tag out on the flash and cancel into a defensive position.

Either way Million Dollars and Frank is gonna be shit hot.
    edited August 2
    flicky wrote: »

It's gonna be hella strong, just Million Dollars people on reaction, tag in Frank and snap snap snap.

Actually that's not gonna work, that's just gave me a little insight into the meta, because if you're gonna try and punish someone with a beam or projectile, all they'd have to do it tag out on the flash and cancel into a defensive position.

Either way Million Dollars and Frank is gonna be shit hot.

flow chart for dante and frank:

dante hits
    dante does dante stuff. end with million dollars
    tag in frank to take pictures of the ass whooping
    frank level 5

• Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Probably just X and Zero or X and Venom. Depends on if he's dlc or not.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    Captain America on G.P. and Doctor Strange. May pick the time gem to help Cap's neutral with it's surge.

Frank West looks awesome. But I really should have at least one tri-dasher with a beam, namely Ultron. And maybe Iron Man. Hawkeye looks awesome too.

But I'm going to go with my two favourite chacters. If Strange is bad, then I'll pick one of the others.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,794 mod
    edited August 5
    Strange looks like he has better solo tools than he had before so he shouldn't be bad. He also looks to be one of the best support characters as he's filled with moves that can be used as assists. Marvel 3 Strange would die to be able to use all of the stuff he can use now in Infinite as assists and support. Likely won't be top tier, but probably won't need to be if the point character is doing work from his support into tag

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited August 5
    @DevilJin 01 congrats on becoming a mod!

• YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    edited August 5
    The good thing about 3 at least, was that a character didn't have to be inherently top tier to be viable as part of a team.

Strange is already looking better in Infinite though- he has actual kicks (other than his launch). I'm expecting him to be better than in 3 just off his new moves.

But I'm being cautious as they gave Thor new moves, and I think he's sh!t in neutral as far as his normals and start up is concerned (I prefer characters with at least decent start up). But his mobility and said new moves are really good.

Ultron is definitely top tier based on the things displayed and the games mechanics. But I play as a fan of Marvel and characters. So I'd take my favourite characters being viable but not necessarily top tier, over picking the inherent top tier characters in the game, if I do not like them from their associated games or comics.
    Post edited by YawDan on
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    congrats on becoming a mod!

Pertho told me it sucks to be a mod, but I think he's just old.

Thanks.
    YawDan wrote: »
    The good thing about 3 at least, was that a character didn't have to be inherently top tier to be viable as part of a team. Strange is already looking better- he has actual kicks other than his launch. I'm expecting him to be better than in 3 just off his new moves.

But I'm being cautious as they gave Thor new moves, and I think he's sh!t in neutral as far as his normals and start up is concerned (I prefer characters with at least decent start up). But his mobility and said new moves are really good.

Ultron is definitely top tier based on the things displayed and the games mechanics. But I play as a fan of Marvel and characters. So I'd take my favourite characters being viable but not necessarily top tier, over picking the inherent top tier characters in the game, if I do not like them from their associated games or comics.

Ultron looks gud. Thor will be real top tier instead of just theory. Thor/Strange for Evo/Pro Tour dominance.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,272
    Thor is definitely a sleeper, he's hammer throw looks ass unless you tag though.

But he's mobile and got ALOT of mix-ups and a dive kick normal
    no more lighting bolts from the big man right?
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,526
    I'll main Wolverine and Magneto.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,042
    I'll main Wolverine and Magneto.

See you in 2018.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    He can main Nova and Black Panther to get a similar experience

• OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    robots with strider or hawkeye
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • DestinNotDustinDestinNotDustin Joined: Posts: 14
    Tough, but I'm considering Ryu / Hulk. May change it up with Ryu / Blank Panther, or Spencer / Black Panther for that variant cover consistency.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,733 mod
    Tag into Thor's Mighty Tornado looks like a legit counter switch punish/DHC option select since it can hot characters caught in an aerial hyper from the ground, while also hitting a tagged in character. Strange reading a book seems like it'll work the same way as well.
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 254
    Chris & Nemesis, Team Resident Fraud.

The only way my team changes is if Loki, Ant-Man, Hayato, Dan or War Machine are revealed which is highly unlikely.

• KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,552
    Loki and ant man are likely
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 254
    Korbidon wrote: »
    Loki and ant man are likely

I don't expect them in the base roster, they'll most likely be DLC.

• UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,154
    Firebrand for sure with one of the following teammates:
    Ultron
    Ghost Rider
    Dormammu
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,552
    If firebrand has retained his terrible damage you'll need a big body in the back to deal the dps.
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,042
    Looks like damage will not be a significant road block for anyone. TOD doesn't seem possible, and even if it is resets will take less effort. On top of all that, you can take the power stone if you really need damage. Spidey/Firebrand with power stone is looking like a possibility for me. The biggest deciding factor is whether or not there's a jp voiceover for Capcom characters. Gives one more chance for Firebrand to not sound like complete ass. I already have to put up with playing the most annoying iteration of Spidey ever......."NOW'S MY CHANCE! THIS WEBBING IS CUSTOM MADE! TENSILE STRENGTH FORMULA! Sorry, trade secret!"........I'm probably going to avoid using that move on purpose now.....
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    edited August 24
    Jedah and Ironman. Day one.

Edit: fuk that i just remembered dorm and his buffs lolololol Jedah/Dorm daaay ooonnneeee

Post edited by GhostTear on
  • HaggarmaniaHaggarmania Joined: Posts: 95
    Function, paired with Function.

The synergy is off the charts.
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,608 mod
    My eye is on Nemesis, Dormammu and Jedah atm.
    Ofc everything goes out of the window when Sigma arrives..
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,642
    Honesty I want to try everybody. Chun X Megaman sounds fun to me. But I want to use Jedah X Ryu, Nemesis X Iron Man. Um, basically everybody. :)
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • ChunLiXiaoyuFanChunLiXiaoyuFan Four-Thousand Years of Chinese History Joined: Posts: 97
    It's gotta be my girls Chun-Li and Morrigan Aensland for me. :D
    "Prepare yourself!" - Ling Xiaoyu, Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
    Favorite video game characters: Tekken: Ling Xiaoyu and Alisa Boscanovich
    Street Fighter: Chun-Li and Cammy

Steam Username: ChunLiXiaoyuFan
  • RedVegaRedVega Joined: Posts: 861
    Frank and Thanos. Or Frank and Gamorra.
2»