Pick 2 characters from the current MVCI roster that you will main?

2»

Comments

• YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 696
    Captain America on G.P. and Doctor Strange. May pick the time gem to help Cap's neutral with it's surge.

Frank West looks awesome. But I really should have at least one tri-dasher with a beam, namely Ultron. And maybe Iron Man. Hawkeye looks awesome too.

But I'm going to go with my two favourite chacters. If Strange is bad, then I'll pick one of the others.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,289 mod
    edited August 5
    Strange looks like he has better solo tools than he had before so he shouldn't be bad. He also looks to be one of the best support characters as he's filled with moves that can be used as assists. Marvel 3 Strange would die to be able to use all of the stuff he can use now in Infinite as assists and support. Likely won't be top tier, but probably won't need to be if the point character is doing work from his support into tag

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 2,026
    edited August 5
    @DevilJin 01 congrats on becoming a mod!

• YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 696
    edited August 5
    The good thing about 3 at least, was that a character didn't have to be inherently top tier to be viable as part of a team.

Strange is already looking better in Infinite though- he has actual kicks (other than his launch). I'm expecting him to be better than in 3 just off his new moves.

But I'm being cautious as they gave Thor new moves, and I think he's sh!t in neutral as far as his normals and start up is concerned (I prefer characters with at least decent start up). But his mobility and said new moves are really good.

Ultron is definitely top tier based on the things displayed and the games mechanics. But I play as a fan of Marvel and characters. So I'd take my favourite characters being viable but not necessarily top tier, over picking the inherent top tier characters in the game, if I do not like them from their associated games or comics.
    Post edited by YawDan on
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    GhostTear wrote: »
    congrats on becoming a mod!

Pertho told me it sucks to be a mod, but I think he's just old.

Thanks.
    YawDan wrote: »
    The good thing about 3 at least, was that a character didn't have to be inherently top tier to be viable as part of a team. Strange is already looking better- he has actual kicks other than his launch. I'm expecting him to be better than in 3 just off his new moves.

But I'm being cautious as they gave Thor new moves, and I think he's sh!t in neutral as far as his normals and start up is concerned (I prefer characters with at least decent start up). But his mobility and said new moves are really good.

Ultron is definitely top tier based on the things displayed and the games mechanics. But I play as a fan of Marvel and characters. So I'd take my favourite characters being viable but not necessarily top tier, over picking the inherent top tier characters in the game, if I do not like them from their associated games or comics.

Ultron looks gud. Thor will be real top tier instead of just theory. Thor/Strange for Evo/Pro Tour dominance.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,137
    Thor is definitely a sleeper, he's hammer throw looks ass unless you tag though.

But he's mobile and got ALOT of mix-ups and a dive kick normal
  • GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 2,026
    no more lighting bolts from the big man right?
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,334
    I'll main Wolverine and Magneto.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 965
    I'll main Wolverine and Magneto.

See you in 2018.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    He can main Nova and Black Panther to get a similar experience

• OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    robots with strider or hawkeye
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • DestinNotDustinDestinNotDustin Joined: Posts: 14
    Tough, but I'm considering Ryu / Hulk. May change it up with Ryu / Blank Panther, or Spencer / Black Panther for that variant cover consistency.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,050 mod
    Tag into Thor's Mighty Tornado looks like a legit counter switch punish/DHC option select since it can hot characters caught in an aerial hyper from the ground, while also hitting a tagged in character. Strange reading a book seems like it'll work the same way as well.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 178
    Chris & Nemesis, Team Resident Fraud.

The only way my team changes is if Loki, Ant-Man, Hayato, Dan or War Machine are revealed which is highly unlikely.

• KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,405
    Loki and ant man are likely
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 178
    Korbidon wrote: »
    Loki and ant man are likely

I don't expect them in the base roster, they'll most likely be DLC.

2»