Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The Netflix Thread

Comments

• The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,939
    MCP wrote: »
    If they just didn't advertise the shit out of Bright, it would have been decent.

I hate their full page video and audio ad that I have to scroll past. Makes me want to turn on ublock and make a rule.

ugh the rap music videos :barf:
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,520
    Watched Bright and currently bingieing Godless!!
    Thank you SRK forums, for the Christmas gift!!

Both are amazing!!

DBFZ: 18, Hit, Gohan
    Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Akuma
  • vagabond zerovagabond zero Joined: Posts: 574
    I liked Bright well enought...it has its problems but i would say is a good movie....around 7/10

I guess i agree with some critics that the action escene are a little confusing...they are not full 00's shaky cam disaster...but too many cuts

SPOILERS

What a waste of Naomi Rapace

The fairy scene...was just.....why?...i hated that so much

• AllDayDreaminAllDayDreamin Joined: Posts: 41
    I enjoyed Bright, I think anyone who is a fan of Will Smith at least will like it. Next up: Black Mirror season 4!
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 37,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    MCP wrote: »
    If they just didn't advertise the shit out of Bright, it would have been decent.

I hate their full page video and audio ad that I have to scroll past. Makes me want to turn on ublock and make a rule.

ugh the rap music videos :barf:

i assume they got money by music studios for the videos on netflix.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • StockyJamStockyJam Wholier than Thou Joined: Posts: 6,233
    ive never once in my life used netflix. been thinking about getting it. how much is the subscription? im just into movies. not really tv shows.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 22,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    https://www.netflix.com/signup/planform

$7.99........$10.99.........or $13.99.
    Per month.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2017
    StockyJam wrote: »
    ive never once in my life used netflix. been thinking about getting it. how much is the subscription? im just into movies. not really tv shows.

We have the medium "streaming only" plan which is 2 HD screens for approx $11 per month.
    There are no ads and it is convenient if you have multiple screens (tv,phone,tablet)

IMO Netflix is better for watching full seasons of shows that are on basic cable or broadcast networks along with original shows like House of Cards, Orange is the new black, and all the Marvel live shows which include Daredevil, Jessica Jones,Luke Cage,Punisher, and Defenders.(iron fist sucks lol)
    They have some showtime programs, but nothing from other "premium movie channels"like HBO, Cinemax etc.

While they have some current Hollywood hits, (like Dr Strange civil War, ), chances are the movie you want to find will not be on there.
    OR if it is, it will be added or removed at random. Many of the movies that are marked as new are really old ones that have returned to their service after being taken down.
    I would not get Netflix for the movie section unless you like older stuff ,documentaries, or foreign stuff.

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bright was very serviceable as a buddy cop/action movie.
    dialogue was okay and the characterizations were very basic, kinda like an rpg which is the point I guess.
    I actually liked Jakoby as a character better than I did Ward (Will Smith is just channeling Will Smith from every other movie he made).
    the plot was thin and not explained well and I concur that the social commentary was pretty heavy-handed.

since it's getting a sequel, I'm looking forward to seeing the Dark Lord sub-plot getting explained along with some development of the characters.
    7/10 for me.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    im curious how netflix tells if something is doing good. its a very word of mouth based program, so if you say something good or bad people will wanna check it out. But for something like a movie..how do you determine if its a good thing? based on social media response? at least with a tv show people will stop watching episodes, but even then it can work in peoples favors ie.iron fist.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,818
    edited December 2017
    Idc what critics say, Bright was solid. Hope they make another. Orc cop was great

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    black mirror is back

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,939
    edited December 2017
    Bright was decent until the end, the last 3rd of the movie just felt disconnected from the rest of the movie. I also hate it when movies can't decide when to end.

I watched the first ep of Black Mirror, good ep but nothing grabbed me like previous seasons yet (felt like we've been here before) but still only 1 ep in. Great casting though :lol:
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,254
    edited December 2017
    maxx wrote: »
    im curious how netflix tells if something is doing good. its a very word of mouth based program, so if you say something good or bad people will wanna check it out. But for something like a movie..how do you determine if its a good thing? based on social media response? at least with a tv show people will stop watching episodes, but even then it can work in peoples favors ie.iron fist.

Probably by how many views it gets and user ratings. I usually rate stuff with the "star" thingy after i see it. If the views on something is low, or the user ratings are low, they'll know it kinda sucks.
    maxx wrote: »

Probably by how many views it gets and user ratings. I usually rate stuff with the "star" thingy after i see it. If the views on something is low, or the user ratings are low, they'll know it kinda sucks.

its not a star system anymore, its thumbs up or down...you arent allowed to have a middle ground anymore.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    dave chappelle's specials are out

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,695
    edited January 2
    This The Sinner show is some dookie. Bitch stabs some random guy to death on the beach, cue 8 episodes of Bill Pullman diving into her personal history of growing up in a strict Jesus camp household and promptly turning into the gangbang girl. Yea that excuses her.

Stay away lads, some treacherous SJW ladden waters abound.

New Black Mirror is out, gunna check it.

Edit: saw Bright when it came out, thought it was really decent lol.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,536
    Just watched the first episode of The Get Down. That shit is great!
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018
    edited January 2
    Black Mirror was brilliant, might be the best season so far.

I'm getting soft in my old age, Hang the DJ was my favourite ep, Metalhead being the scariest vision of the future.
    Black Mirror universe is connected, in Black Museum the owner references season 3's San Junipero episode and you see devices DNA extractor device from the USS Callister ep
    Post edited by The Furious One on
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 665
    edited January 2
    Caught What Happened to Monday and I honestly feel it has a good premise derailed by cliche. Noomi Rapace does a good job but the script,
    went from a story about sisters in hiding to another action dystopia stop the evil organization we see every year.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I would feel the same, but
    in the movie's defense, there wasn't that many places to go. Logically, the septuplets would be found out sooner or later, and shit would go down. But yeah, they could have been a little less cliche.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,567
    edited January 3
    Godless series is fukin awesome :tup: .The script, cinematography and everything else is top notch. Netflix is really cranking out some good stuff lately.
    =============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

• VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,523
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Just watched the first episode of The Get Down. That shit is great!

It's too bad that it didn't get the green light for the 2nd season.
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,318
    Just watched Bright.
    Such a great movie.
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    In the last month, Ive watched a lot of Netflix stuff (when its cold, Im less inclined to play video games lol)

Punisher S1: 9/10 Excellent

Stranger things S1/S2: 8/10 Feels like a good melange of ET/x-men/Horror.

Glow S1: 7.5/10
    Im not into wrestling ,but I like the character interaction and 1980s timeframe (I watched this right after Stranger Things so I was in a 80s lovefest)

Master of None S1/S2: 8.5/10
    I thought this was just going to be a silly comedy, but I liked the dramatic elements and I could relate to the Morning/Parents episodes a lot.
    He shot himself in the foot with the percent bit at the end of S1 though.
    The foodie aspects doesnt really grab me as much.

Dave Chappelle Equanimity and Bird Revelation specials:
    8.5/10 and 7.5/10 respectively
    I liked both. The first one was equally enjoyable as the previous 2 specials he did a few months ago.
    The second feels like Dave was on a leash and couldnt go all out due to the sexual harrasment stuff.
    Also, its weird but I wish the second was in a bigger venue. It looks better imo when a comedy special is bigger and Dave's whole body can be seen(more zoomed out).
    Dave has some good body language bits and the third special wasnt as dynamic to me. Most of it was static.

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,541
    So I watched that new series “End of the fucking world” last night and it was decent. 7.5/10 imo. Definitely worth a look if u run out of shit to watch.
  • EVARGNUGEVARGNUG He use fly and dig wtf whos pokemans is dis? Joined: Posts: 911
    Lots of hate on the internet about The OA. But there are some sequences (NDEs) in this show that are visual masterpieces, up there with American Gods. Would like to see more of those. Going to keep a lookout for season 2 of this show.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,383 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sense8 is painful to watch. There's just too much going on until the story truly unites.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • EVARGNUGEVARGNUG He use fly and dig wtf whos pokemans is dis? Joined: Posts: 911
    The empathic civilization premise had great potential and still does.

It's just the Wachowskis keep mispelling tyranny. :D
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,695
    Really disappointed Prison Playbook is over, like damn what a nice show, and a korean drama at that.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Sense8 is painful to watch. There's just too much going on until the story truly unites.

It is painful to watch. It's also a show they didn't renew for a 2nd season.
    I got halfway through Sense8 and couldn't finish it.
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sens8 was kinda all over the place imo, kinda like Cloud Atlas but more dragged out and generally inconsistent in the story telling whereas the former was based in a book obviously.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    We should have a Netflix/Prime/HBOgo thread. A lot of good shows on the other streaming apps.

• Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm a sucker for children's shows, and I eagerly look forward to Llama Llama. I loved the book series' illustrations, and while modified somewhat (and the main character now older), the designs are mostly unchanged.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm a sucker for children's shows, and I eagerly look forward to Llama Llama. I loved the book series' illustrations, and while modified somewhat (and the main character now older), the designs are mostly unchanged.

I'm a sucker for Babar The Elephant.

• Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,165
    watched the first episode of black mirror. probably not gonna continue. wtf was that shit
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    watched the first episode of black mirror. probably not gonna continue. wtf was that shit

Some of the greatest TV made bruh
    Jack_Frost wrote: »

You talking about the pig fucker?
    RIP po 2018

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file