SJW fail thread

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,823
    Wasted wrote: »
    Eating fish invalidates you being vegetarian.

Its in the name.

You either consume meat or you don't.

inb4 pescetarian - you're still consuming animal flesh.
    at least I don't lie to myself and everyone else and like Necrotrophic and how he calls himself a part-time vegan

Any ways depending where you get your fish, wild caught from polluted waters or shit-tier farm raised salmon, you aren't really doing yourself any favors.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,516
    I wouldn't knock all those people buying gluten-free.

While they are idiots, they make it cheaper and easier to obtain.

My partner has celiac disease, she can't eat gluten, it will literally give her bowel cancer if she does. All these gluten-free health nuts make our life easier.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,281
    edited November 3
    Gluten-free exists for the people who can't process it, sure.

But if you're eating gluten-free purely for the sake of it, at best you're just making it harder to get fiber, at worst you can be hurting yourself.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/going-gluten-free-just-because-heres-what-you-need-to-know-201302205916
    https://nutritionfacts.org/2016/02/23/how-a-gluten-free-diet-can-be-harmful/
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.

But if you're eating gluten-free purely for the sake of it, at best you're just making it harder to get fiber, at worst you can be hurting yourself.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/going-gluten-free-just-because-heres-what-you-need-to-know-201302205916

I find most people buy gluten free not because of celiacs or some other medical condition but because its trendy and their yoga-attending new-age hippy friend convince them its good for them
    I work in a super healthy preppy uppity trendy workplace.

It's everywhere. But, I'm the one who gets in trouble when I say it's unhealthy to eat GF unless you're celiac.

I work in a super healthy preppy uppity trendy workplace.

It's everywhere. But, I'm the one who gets in trouble when I say it's unhealthy to eat GF unless you're celiac.

I work in a Supermarket with a Natural and Alternative foods Dept, which always gets confused with my dept (Dairy).
    I hear the whole health foods speak all the time. Some of it is just the regular misnomer nonsense, and some of it goes into the deep end.
    I also was told by a Jewish customer that our kosher food isn't kosher enough because there a non-jew (me) handling their food.
    I didn't tell them that their Kosher horseradish and Kosher Half-sour pickles ships on the same pallet as pork bacon.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,275 admin

Its in the name.

I mean, in most of America vegetarians are typically lacto-ovo vegetarians, not "vegetarian". It's usually just shorthand for "I have weird eating habits".
    til fish are animals
    never really thought about that before

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

edited November 4
    Preppy wrote: »

Its in the name.

I mean, in most of America vegetarians are typically lacto-ovo vegetarians, not "vegetarian". It's usually just shorthand for "I have weird eating habits".

The lacto-ovo classification is redundant. It's the archetypal vegetarian, as they only exclude meat. You have your sub categories like ovo-vegetarians and lacto-vegetarians, sure, who exclude eggs or dairy, or other animal products, in addition to excluding meat.
    til fish are animals
    never really thought about that before

Tell that to the vegetarians eating fish meat.

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,883
    edited November 4
    Fish are animals, yes.

Also, all life on earth share DNA and a common ancestry as far as we can tell. So you are a plant and an animal and a fish and all kinds of other shit like monkeys and stuff.

News at 10 for more obvious things we were taught in high school that funnily enough remain true.

No but seriously I thought it was common knowledge that we all share DNA and anything living not considered plant life is an animal/Bacteria etc.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,079
    The thing about gluten free diets, is it was a great way to get people to stop shoving breads and other high-carb foods down their throats. You wanna lose weight and generally just feel healthier without doing much, just stop eating so much of that crap. But now they just buy gluten-free substitutes that have their own issues. It's the artificial sweetener fad in a different form.
    Darksakul wrote: »

I find most people buy gluten free not because of celiacs or some other medical condition but because its trendy and their yoga-attending new-age hippy friend convince them its good for them

That's it exactly man but higher demand = more competition, more range and lower prices.

I say let them be dumb because in the end it makes our lives easier.
    The thing about gluten free diets, is it was a great way to get people to stop shoving breads and other high-carb foods down their throats. You wanna lose weight and generally just feel healthier without doing much, just stop eating so much of that crap. But now they just buy gluten-free substitutes that have their own issues. It's the artificial sweetener fad in a different form.

Except that is a fallacy, ever read the ingredients list in a gluten-free substitute item?
    It's filled with the same garbage that makes actual, regular bread unhealthy. It's still filled with carbs, additives, preservatives.
    FrostyAU wrote: »

That's it exactly man but higher demand = more competition, more range and lower prices.

I say let them be dumb because in the end it makes our lives easier.

Not me, I have to deal with those idiots at work.
    @Darksakul you must have misunderstood me or something. Not sure how, but that's all I can make of your post.
    @Darksakul you must have misunderstood me or something. Not sure how, but that's all I can make of your post.

I should have worded it better, fallacy as them (people who eat gluten free) not you and your post.

I should have worded it better, fallacy as them (people who eat gluten free) not you and your post.

Oh ok that makes sense.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,553

Sargon talks about the recent college statement posted that says, "It's ok to be white"
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,088
    I can't imagine being a person who'd see that sign and ponder it longer than a half minute.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 7
    Dime wrote: »
    I'm a part time poon smasher. Would go full time but my dick needs its rest.

And in other news... I should seriously stop being shocked by student lefties and sjw's but this actually shocked me. Students at Berkeley demand they be allowed to take their exams at home (and thusly be allowed to cheat) because they felt the classroom on campus wasn't a safe enough space for them:

Four seconds in and that bitch has on a shirt that says,"Caution: Educated student of color". I tapped out right there. I'm already scurred.

......................"Part time vegan"? :confused: Does that mean you can only eat meat while on the clock, or that you cannot eat meat while on the clock? At which times do you get to eat meat? Is there some kind of penalty involved for violations? In fact....................

oh-hello-darling-youre-home-early-muslim-woman-wife-eating-meat-drinking-beer.jpg

...................Is that what happened here?

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,926
    edited November 7
    Starhammer wrote: »
    Dime wrote: »
    I'm a part time poon smasher. Would go full time but my dick needs its rest.

And in other news... I should seriously stop being shocked by student lefties and sjw's but this actually shocked me. Students at Berkeley demand they be allowed to take their exams at home (and thusly be allowed to cheat) because they felt the classroom on campus wasn't a safe enough space for them:

Four seconds in and that bitch has on a shirt that says,"Caution: Educated student of color". I tapped out right there. I'm already scurred.

......................"Part time vegan"? :confused: Does that mean you can only eat meat while on the clock, or that you cannot eat meat while on the clock? At which times do you get to eat meat? Is there some kind of penalty involved for violations? In fact....................

oh-hello-darling-youre-home-early-muslim-woman-wife-eating-meat-drinking-beer.jpg

...................Is that what happened here?

-Starhammer-

basically what im saying with part time vegan is that I'm no longer a pure vegan as i eat fish a couple times a month for health reasons, i generally agree with most(not all) vegan ideas and i believe reduction is good. I was never an ethical vegan though, by that i mean i don't believe in the idea that meat is murder, nor have i ever. i also never had issues with hunters.

i mostly did veganism as an environmental thing. it later showed health benefits, but as far as my research shows vitamin D3, Omega 3, ala, hla etc are difficult with veganism. so instead of using an absolutist approach, I'm going for reduction at this time. Most environmental issues with animal agriculture are related to cattle, or various farms. I'm not supporting them.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,360
    @Necrotrophic about to get got.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    edited November 7
    basically what im saying with part time vegan is that I'm no longer a pure vegan as i eat fish a couple times a month for health reasons, i generally agree with most(not all) vegan ideas and i believe reduction is good. I was never an ethical vegan though, by that i mean i don't believe in the idea that meat is murder, nor have i ever. i also never had issues with hunters.

i mostly did veganism as an environmental thing. it later showed health benefits, but as far as my research shows vitamin D3, Omega 3, ala, hla etc are difficult with veganism. so instead of using an absolutist approach, I'm going for reduction at this time. Most environmental issues with animal agriculture are related to cattle, or various farms. I'm not supporting them.

Then you are not a vegan. Vegan means No animal proteins all the time, Full Time 24/7, 365 days a years plus Feb 28 on leap years.
    Vegan means eating no animal proteins at all, even in a matter of life and death you die to maintain your principles than to eat a termite queen, a Slim Jim or a anything else.

very few vegan authors would agree with your definition. even arguably the most radical vegan I've ever heard of, Gary Yourofsky has said that eating meat in the past prior to civilization (life or death) made sense. I can't think of a more radical vegan, he is banned from many countries due to vegan activism.

so yet again, you demonstrate a complete inability to understand something, and you avoid all nuance possible.

I understand if you don't want to call me a vegan anymore. I think thats an understandable position, but the other stuff you just posted is downright ridiculous and more extreme than any vegan I've ever heard of.

Veganism isn't really a diet either, its a about ethics. if a vegan is buying leather but never has any animal foods in their system, thats not a pure vegan, assuming they have the financial means (and other means) to avoid it.

many vegans understand that not everyone has the ability to purchase vegan items, but they ultimately agree with the philosophy, so they see that as vegan. some people have health issues, some people have financial ones, others live in food deserts. these considerations are taken into account by anyone with the ability to think like an adult.

and you've somehow derailed yet another thread into veganism.

Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    very few vegan authors would agree with your definition. even arguably the most radical vegan I've ever heard of, Gary Yourofsky has said that eating meat in the past prior to civilization (life or death) made sense. I can't think of a more radical vegan, he is banned from many countries due to vegan activism....
    supernatural-confused.gif

Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
    Infernoman wrote: »
    This guy can rationalize it however he likes. You're either a vegan or you're not. This isn't one of those times you can have a middle ground.

lots of vegans disagree, the ones that acknowledge that financial limitations or health ones exist.

but i don't care if im vegan-label or not. the ecological basis for veganism is something i advocate, but there are nuances. call me a vegan or don't. its all fine with me but when you turn it into something on a forum i assume you're interested in my reasoning (best case because you're open minded and want to understand another person), or you simply want to argue (worst case which is what I'm beginning to suspect).

every aspect of life has middle ground. every aspect of life is nuanced. all of life is messy and beyond categories. i didn't do the vegan thing for 3 years for the label, as evidenced by my ability to move beyond it. i don't care about ideological purity and i hope i never do.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro

Then you are not a vegan. Vegan means No animal proteins all the time, Full Time 24/7, 365 days a years plus Feb 28 on leap years.
    Vegan means eating no animal proteins at all, even in a matter of life and death you die to maintain your principles than to eat a termite queen, a Slim Jim or a anything else.

very few vegan authors would agree with your definition. even arguably the most radical vegan I've ever heard of, Gary Yourofsky has said that eating meat in the past prior to civilization (life or death) made sense. I can't think of a more radical vegan, he is banned from many countries due to vegan activism.

so yet again, you demonstrate a complete inability to understand something, and you avoid all nuance possible.

I understand if you don't want to call me a vegan anymore. I think thats an understandable position, but the other stuff you just posted is downright ridiculous and more extreme than any vegan I've ever heard of.

Veganism isn't really a diet either, its a about ethics. if a vegan is buying leather but never has any animal foods in their system, thats not a pure vegan, assuming they have the financial means (and other means) to avoid it.

many vegans understand that not everyone has the ability to purchase vegan items, but they ultimately agree with the philosophy, so they see that as vegan. some people have health issues, some people have financial ones, others live in food deserts. these considerations are taken into account by anyone with the ability to think like an adult.

and you've somehow derailed yet another thread into veganism.

Gary Yourofsky is a fucking PETA cronie, he isn't allowed in most countries as he be declared a terrorist and not because of his dietary views.
    Sigh... I don't really care about veganis, and who is true or not. Shits looney anyways. Eat well, eat healthy, eat the things that are edible that were put here on this earth with you.

And shit on sjw's
    That is all.
    Gettin' my derp on.

Too bad too, Allison Mack was the only person on that show with any real acting talent

Too bad too, Allison Mack was the only person on that show with any real acting talent

No way, Luthor Sr and Jr were excellent actors.

Okay the only good actor who didn't play a villain

Not really seeing the problem here, of course Chloe was a freak, pining after super dick for like a decade, she was bound to join a sex cult from sheer frustration.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    "Victim blaming"

So it's fine to accuse people with next to no credible evidence but to ask for some kind of proof is victim blaming and you should be ashamed for not just taking the word of the person who clearly harbors a grudge.

Honestly, the way society is going people just aren't going to reproduce any more. Guys will be too scared to sleep with a girl in case she has second thoughts the day after or he gets on her bad side a year or two down the track.

I'm not referring to a specific incident, there is a lot of stuff going on and a lot of really shitty people who should pay for what they've done but there are also a lot of other stories being brushed aside because they don't fit the narrative.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,088
    The victim blaming thing is literally vilified because it dilutes virtue signalling and forces them to be skeptical. And being skeptical is not a feel good thing It's partially cynical.

I get so much shit for daring to question these things in the gaming community.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx