MvCI Meta and Tier Discussion

Comments

• KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,055
    quicks wrote: »
    Also I'm beginning to think gamora isn't going to be as good as I thought.

She seems to really struggle with other characters mobility and her projectiles only BN go down forward

Idk

Remember: huge sword normals/specials. Having that alone makes her good. The rest is just icing.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 848
    edited August 21
    In case you guys didn't see the latest leak:
    leak-630x450.jpg

So that's how burst works!
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,717
    Zero/Gamora will be some some insane pressure. I really wish Ryce was right about the mind stone being a sougenmu.
    willseless wrote: »
    Zero/Gamora will be some some insane pressure. I really wish Ryce was right about the mind stone being a sougenmu.

He was banned from neogaf for interpreting a genuine leak wrong lol, the Sougenmu was Gamora's hyper install and Gamora's yellow ball was the mind stone. Shame.
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,633
    flicky wrote: »
    willseless wrote: »

He was banned from neogaf for interpreting a genuine leak wrong lol, the Sougenmu was Gamora's hyper install and Gamora's yellow ball was the mind stone. Shame.

they really banned him for that? thats so dumb.
    edited August 22
    Just watching the new matches I can tell this game is partially going to be shell based again like MvC3 except this time a character/stone shell, perhaps battery/main/stone. One look at Dormammu/Reality just made me think "oh shit!!!" On paper that has to be the best space control in the game, like I can't think of a better combination. You just whiff cancel elements into specials, you've got the projectile flame, the ice, the lightning, but then you've got his pillars, the ball, the carpet, armageddon, like what part of the screen could Dormammu not control during Reality Storm?

I'm calling it now, Battery/Dormammu/Reality is gonna be high up there.

I'm gonna place a $20 bet, Ultron/Dormammu/Reality will be Fchamps main team.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,795
    It won't be as scary because of the chip scaling I bet.

It will for zoning and running the clock, as long as you've got a good partner to tag into you can literally create mixups anywhere on screen. His space control might last long enough that even though there's shut on screen, if it doesn't touch you it's going to reset the chip scaling anyway.

Just because he's controlling space doesn't mean that his attacks are actually going to touch you, giving empty space for chip scaling to reset its self. And if you're going to purposely jump in and take all the block damage you're taking a massive risk, only gold pushblock can help you, and I don't think you'll be able to reflect many of Dormammus attacks.
    Still, not as scary. If chip was the same? He'd be my day 1. LOL!
    Funny, I'm not excited for Jedah but him and Ultron look to fit my
    preferred playstyle. Still going to attempt to rock Nemesis and maybe
    Hulk/Haggar too since I'm also a Big Body guy.

I think Hulk has had less coverage than like every f'n body.
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Like I said in the other thread, I see Zero, Dormammu, Arthur, Megaman X, Jedah, Gamora, Frank West and Ultron as early Top Tier candidates.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
    Legend II wrote: »
    Like I said in the other thread, I see Zero, Dormammu, Arthur, Megaman X, Jedah, Gamora, Frank West and Ultron as early Top Tier candidates.

My early take:

Boss Level - Zero, X
    Really Good - Jedah, Ultron, Ms Marvel
    Good Enough- Nova, Morrigan, Chun Li

Then errybody else.
    edited August 22
    I hope for sake that Soul Stone isn't broken, I don't like the color orange. Playing as two characters will be crazy, but HP drain, ressurection and team duo is a bit too much for one Stone, ressurection yes but team duo? No, it'll be fun but it's no power stone is it? What happens if you use Soul Storm, ressurect your partner, build another Infinity stock, ressurect them again, etc, that sounds powerful enough without having both characters alive at the same time. I dunno, I think this is a little bit over the top. Got beef with X and Zero? Well worry not just play as them both at the same time lmao.
    edited August 22
    flicky wrote: »
    I hope for sake that Soul Stone isn't broken, I don't like the color orange. Playing as two characters will be crazy, but HP drain, ressurection and team duo is a bit too much for one Stone, ressurection yes but team duo? No, it'll be fun but it's no power stone is it? What happens if you use Soul Storm, ressurect your partner, build another Infinity stock, ressurect them again, etc, that sounds powerful enough without having both characters alive at the same time. I dunno, I think this is a little bit over the top. Got beef with X and Zero? Well worry not just play as them both at the same time lmao.

Just off the top of my head. Keep pressure on them and kill them fast enough so that even if they had soul storm ready to use they won't be able to do anything with it.

Space Stone will wreck this stone if you can kill a character fast enough and use this on the next incoming character. edit: preventing them from using it entirely

Or just kill them both. Some where in the videos both of the characters got hit. Just a matter of who is doing the hitting. Like it has always been.

Guess soul stone doesn't overheal though. Rip rip
    Could get interesting. If someone is dual attacking the other person can counter switch and hit both characters.
    Could get interesting. If someone is dual attacking the other person can counter switch and hit both characters.

The bad thing is they could be constantly whipping you keeping them selves alive meanwhile building their Infinity meter. That whip is ridiculous, not only is it an Infinity Surge but it's also a poke. It's like every character has a noodle and if it hits you it heals them. That could be bad for zoners like Ryu, if you're trying to throw out a projectile but get frame trapped with the whip your projectile is just gonna be beat out.
    edited August 22
    Could some kind dude post some gifs of the whip so we can look at it properly?
    I dont think the surge is that great at all, really. It has significant startup, does very little hitstun and steals minimal hp. It's got some range, but that's about it. I mean, the storm is ridiculous so Im not complaining, but yeah....that life steal is overrated imo.
    My Characters/Teams:

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,002 mod
    edited August 23
    GhostTear wrote: »

Space Stone will wreck this stone if you can kill a character fast enough and use this on the next incoming character. edit: preventing them from using it entirely

You don't need to be down a character to use Soul Stone's storm.
    d3v wrote: »

yup i know. i'm just saying since two storms cant be active at the same time just kill the point character first and when the second comes in use the space storm to prevent them from using their storm and wreck them to bits. in a perfect world i know.

the horizontal reach soul stone has is gonna be very good for characters who are not that good in the air. do we know how much one can gain? is their a cap to how much you can actually heal?
    It looks like a set amount. I don't think it can vary at all, and the amount is pretty small based on the footage we've seen.
    My Characters/Teams:

yup i know. i'm just saying since two storms cant be active at the same time just kill the point character first and when the second comes in use the space storm to prevent them from using their storm and wreck them to bits. in a perfect world i know.
    That means that every stone wrecks every other stone since they can all be used to prevent their activation.
  • ManlyPlantManlyPlant Talking Safe Joined: Posts: 117
    I'm not sure if the Soul Surge is a set amount of health that can scale or a percentage that also can scale. Thats my big take away question from it.

That means that every stone wrecks every other stone since they can all be used to prevent their activation.

shizz i thought i edited my post to reflect this after realizing how dumb i am. ugh. long day.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,908
    edited August 23
    I ain't no marvel player so my brain learnings on the matter are suspect at best

but

for highly mobile characters with a spammable super like captain marvel or Ultron, mind stone seems to be the way to go?

be all fast and tricksy, command grab into full(scaled) combo is big added value
    activate, then just spam big beams, tag, try some mixups on their block, rinse repeat etc etc until bar runs out?

*ed*

or does pushblock push back the active player while the tagged out guy is doing a move?? I don't know freakin marvel!!!!!!
    Post edited by Evil Canadian on
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,287
    Jedah isn't as mobile as I was hoping, infact he looks less mobile than morrigan
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,908
    Jedah isn't as mobile as I was hoping, infact he looks less mobile than morrigan

He looks perfect to me as a painwheel player. He's more lockdown and shut off a part of the screen character from what I've always seen:

Gettin' my derp on.

Wasn't Jedah one of the slower characters in VSav anyway?
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,189
    Jedah was an offensive character who can perform high/low mixups well and control screen space with his blades. He was ass at just about everything else before.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    Where is the flight mode???
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    Jedah didn't have it in other crossovers as well.

Though there's still the fact that Morrigan, Hsien-ko, and Lei-Lei got theirs as hypers in MvC3 (on top of Morrigan getting flight mode as well).
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    Yea but Jeddah has only been in one other game. I thought they were gonna import the whole moveset. Maybe they weren't aware of it?

I am curious though. Jedah has ALL of his normals.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,908
    4:45

Man, Jeddah looks fucking SICK!

Big normals, good movespeed and overhead dash plus a lockdown special... just what the doctor ordered.
    This dude will be my new painwheel, more hyped for him than I've been for anything in a long time.

So far I'm thinking teleport stone will be good with him to give him a "dash" on the ground. Lock em down with his projectile then port behind them into high low shit, or lockdown and and do high low shit in front.

But really I think a lot of characters, him included will be able to use just about any stone. Stones may end up having counter matchup properties.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 932
    Yea but Jeddah has only been in one other game. I thought they were gonna import the whole moveset. Maybe they weren't aware of it?

I am curious though. Jedah has ALL of his normals.

Remember when Capcom was all-in on a Darkstalkers reboot? Dollars to donuts the Jedah in MvCI is the work they had already done up to the point that they ditched the project. Given their long history with recycling assets, this should come as no surprise. Note that Jedah looks oddly out of place with the aesthetic of the rest of the game.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 932
    People like you will never be satisfied.

Ease up there, killer.

If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that I'm on board with Infinite as a whole. Just pointing out a likely connection. Save your denouncements for Po.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,364 mod
    edited August 24
    Jedah has so many air options as it is that he could honestly live without a flight mode. It was an activation super in VS any way. Basically spending meter to give more movement to an already mobile character.

@NoChart @Intuitive2011 early reminder to stick to meta/tier gameplay discussion or start dancing with MC Hammer

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,660
    edited August 24
    Will soul stone timer scam be a thing? Even thinking about the potential of it now is frightening. Imagine Chun X Dorm with that soul. Multiple ways to set it up and then run away.
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,287
    Tbh even with the gameplay demos flight isn't really used in neutral alot I've hardly seen anybody do it

Unclear at the moment