Hurricane Check In Thread: Florida GD People, Please Check in during Irma so we know you're good.

Comments

• CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,905
    10 o' clock live stream broadcast of abc 13:
    http://abc13.com/live/

DAMN, they're still getting people off of boats.

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Boat rescuers are getting shot at. So far i'm good. Now tomorrow the rivers overflow in my area...we shall see.
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 413
    edited August 29
    Well I'm off work AGAIN due to flooding....wow I mean the first 3 days were cool but now 4?! now I'm unease...
    Batman-Chin-Rub.gif

Post edited by DJBLKKZAND94 on
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
    edited August 29
    regulate wrote: »
    Boat rescuers are getting shot at. So far i'm good. Now tomorrow the rivers overflow in my area...we shall see.

That was a fake news report, one of way too many making the rounds.
    The amount false reports being put out about the storm on social media is just fucking disgusting!!

Jack_Frost wrote: »
    Unfortunately the hurricane claimed my Porsche and 70' 4k tv. If anyone would like to setup a GoFundMe that would be nice. Anything helps

Harvey repoed your Porsche? eh?
    "Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,663
    edited August 29
    So my superiors are being assholes...
    I left the Friday morning before the storm began. My supervisor tells me we have to stay until 5:30PM even though it will start raining before then. On my way out, my supervisor tells me that I'll have to use my sick pay or Paid Time Off to make up the time. I left anyway, having known how bad it was gonna be.

Last night, the manager sends me an email demanding results and asks how many in millions can I bring in, in sales this year. I am selling process gas compressors for refineries and not only some of these projects take years to complete, the company also hasn't developed or done anything in that market in recent years.

My issue is that he's doing all that during a hurricane.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that bad?

you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,003 mod
    SE TX peeps: I need to know you guys' situation. Its very obvious that we're gonna have to organize some type of fundraiser for you guys so if you could let me know just how bad shit is going down and how we can help your specific situations, I'd much appreciate it.

Also, if you think you'd like to help in organizing something, send me a PM. Really wanna get ahead on setting things up to have you guys hooked up as quickly and efficiently as possible.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.

HR exists for a reason. This is awfully close to a massive lawsuit for the company. Just sit tight and worry about your safety
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

angelpalm wrote: »
    Watching shitty dubs?

Harvey please drown this simpleton.

That's the first comment I have seen that has all reactions made! XD
    "Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
    edited August 29
    Pertho wrote: »
    SE TX peeps: I need to know you guys' situation. Its very obvious that we're gonna have to organize some type of fundraiser for you guys so if you could let me know just how bad shit is going down and how we can help your specific situations, I'd much appreciate it.

Also, if you think you'd like to help in organizing something, send me a PM. Really wanna get ahead on setting things up to have you guys hooked up as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Sooooo......Does this thread make up for my first 2 shitty ones? ya know seems as this one was dead ass important and all .....Am I redeemed? @Pertho
    tumblr_mfk8mq1N4g1s01khio1_500.gif

"Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
    snip

Make another motherfucking dumb post and I will personally see it that you never have another account on SRK. Stop fucking up the thread, if you need stuff we need to know early to see what fundraising # we need for SRK dudes.

I'll worry about bullshit when dudes from the scene are safe and taken care of. :coffee:

P.S. yes, that means don't post another dumb motherfucking GIF in this thread.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

HR exists for a reason. This is awfully close to a massive lawsuit for the company. Just sit tight and worry about your safety

I went that route already. HR has had numerous issues in the past. HR is just turning a blind eye.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.

I went that route already. HR has had numerous issues in the past. HR is just turning a blind eye.

Go to the state labor board.
    Never forget:
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

Never forget:

• WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,933
    Well I'm off work AGAIN due to flooding....wow I mean the first 3 days were cool but now 4?! now I'm unease...
    Batman-Chin-Rub.gif

I was expecting Monday to be out, today was a pleasant surprise, but getting the word tomorrow as well, while understandable (I still can't really leave my side of town to even make it in) I feel like when I do get back to work, I will have a shit town of work to do.

So my superiors are being assholes...
    I left the Friday morning before the storm began. My supervisor tells me we have to stay until 5:30PM even though it will start raining before then. On my way out, my supervisor tells me that I'll have to use my sick pay or Paid Time Off to make up the time. I left anyway, having known how bad it was gonna be.

Last night, the manager sends me an email demanding results and asks how many in millions can I bring in, in sales this year. I am selling process gas compressors for refineries and not only some of these projects take years to complete, the company also hasn't developed or done anything in that market in recent years.

My issue is that he's doing all that during a hurricane.

As others stated, reporting him. But personally, I would document/save all communications between your supervisor and yourself plus yourself and HR, and on the low start job hunting. If shit goes sour, you will want proof that you did everything the right way if court is necessary. Or you might luck up and get a better gig.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    I think I'm going to have to speak to a lawyer or something.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    First day back to work here in Brenham and we're closing 3 hours early, thank god.

What's the situation in south Houston: Sunnyside and Pearland?

• WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,878
    edited August 30
    http://time.com/money/4918667/airbnb-is-offering-free-places-to-stay-for-hurricane-harvey-evacuees/
    Airbnb is offering Hurricane Harvey evacuees and emergency relief workers free places to stay in nearby Austin and Dallas as part of its Disaster Relief program through Sept. 1.

Now extended

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/29/technology/business/airbnb-hurricane-harvey-relief-program/index.html
    Before the hurricane struck Texas as a Category 4 hurricane late last week, the company announced it would give Airbnb hosts in surrounding areas the opportunity to offer free housing to those who may need it. The program, originally planned to run until September 1, will now continue through September 25.

https://www.airbnb.com/disaster/hurricaneharveyevacuees
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

Truly the Prince of all Sayians!!
    God bless him and others for donating and helping out!

So I gotta get back to the office tomorrow... I don't even know if I can access downtown...
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    edited August 30
    So I gotta get back to the office tomorrow... I don't even know if I can access downtown...
    I'm sure you can....I think the weather has gotten better but the streets may be abit flooded
    130427-houston-flooding-915p.jpg

"Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,889
    Tekno, that is some fucking Bullshit your employer been putting you though.
    I am sure there some law being broken there.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Went to work this morning with no problems but I live very close to my office downtown. Nary a soul to be seen...

Some of my coworkers living past the beltway are having problems though.

This is not a good thing to do to your employees
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Went to work this morning with no problems but I live very close to my office downtown. Nary a soul to be seen...

Does your company let its employees look at the financial statements?
    Never forget:

• BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,413
    edited August 30

Private industry is cut throat af. My advice to @Tekno Virus is that you can't want the job more than it wants you. Apply for jobs bc termination seems inevitable. I'd halfway resign before they get to fire you.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX

I don't think so.
    BullDancer wrote: »

Private industry is cut throat af. My advice to @Tekno Virus is that you can't want the job more than it wants you. Apply for jobs bc termination seems inevitable. I'd halfway resign before they get to fire you.

I don't think they'll fire me but they will verbally abuse their employees with no restraints. One girl from Japan used to cry after every instance and she would run to the bathrooms and punch the wall. To this day, there is still a hole there so they say.
    I'm doing everything that I can to get out of there.
    My coworker got some weird emails while he was evacuating his family, wtf...
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    edited August 30

I don't think so.
    BullDancer wrote: »

I don't think they'll fire me but they will verbally abuse their employees with no restraints. One girl from Japan used to cry after every instance and she would run to the bathrooms and punch the wall. To this day, there is still a hole there so they say.
    I'm doing everything that I can to get out of there.
    My coworker got some weird emails while he was evacuating his family, wtf...

Well shit that's easy,if termination is inevitable then why not call unemployment? I mean unless you have a record of being late and absent 90% of the time you should able to, my mom used to do this every time she was "fired" without any valid reason. But on a serious note the only reason you would probably stay at that job is because you probably feel as if there is no other one with the same benefits, sometimes man some jobs just aren't worth that kind of hassle, so quit or wait till they fire you.....imo wait till they fire you that's when they will fuck up.1780549-shakehead.gif
    Some jobs I really can't stand when they like to take advantage of their people like this....DEFINITELY during a time like this..

"Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 23,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Speaking of unemployment.......looks like I won't be working anytime soon.....plz send monies
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    Speaking of unemployment.......looks like I won't be working anytime soon.....plz send monies
    What happened?....if you don't mind me asking
    "Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
    All of you need to hit up TWC, link above
    Never forget:

• angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 23,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What happened?....if you don't mind me asking

Work is fucked up meign.....oh well gonna hit up that unemployment and see if they look out for a brotha. Someone give mayweather my routing #
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    they were told to mark trees of how many are still inside the house... is that a 2 or 11 ?

7p8nVp0.png
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
    More bad news for those in the area.

Chemical Plant Near Houston Warns It’s About To Explode
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/arkema-chemical-plant-crosby-texas_us_59a71237e4b07e81d354cda6?utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=main_fb&utm_medium=facebook&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063
    Flooding swamped backup generators, and volatile chemicals are getting warm enough to ignite. “There’s no way to prevent it,” the CEO said.

Exactly what no one needs right now. Everyone in Houston please stay safe.

edited August 31
    Shin_Jr wrote: »
    they were told to mark trees of how many are still inside the house... is that a 2 or 11 ?

Well I hope its 11....its unlikely someone would just spray "11" on there, I mean why not just make the number "2" instead of 11 then?
    "Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
    Shin_Jr wrote: »

Well I hope its 11....its unlikely someone would just spray "11" on there, I mean why not just make the number "2" instead of 11 then?

Because it could be tally marks and not a Arabic numeral 11.