Hurricane Check In Thread: Florida GD People, Please Check in during Irma so we know you're good.

Comments

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm getting really worried about my friends and family back home. I just heard Irma reached 185 mph winds, that's some apocalyptic level power. By comparison the devastating Hurricane Andrew was 175 mph and this one has the potential to get even stronger due to the warmer waters near the Floridian coast.

To my fellow Floridian SRKers, I wish you safe travels if you're evacuating and good luck if you're hunkered down.

My thoughts go out to all who have endured Harvey as well.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 909
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,346
    We live in an oceanfront house about an hour north of Miami, evacuated to a resort in Orlando (my family's wierd) where we'll wait out the storm until Tuesday. On the plus side, this place has generators and about 150 Coast Guardsmen on site. Stay safe everyone.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm safe here in NY in case you were wondering.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,508
    Man with the South getting hurricanes and the West burning I'm waiting for some stupid stuff to happen in the Midwest to balance the scales. Just stay safe folks!
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,492
    Fuck, three hurricanes! Jose is a category 4 now!
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 9
    Adjusted models say my area will be hit with 96-115mph winds. No word on whether that's sustained or gusts. That's better, but still. Irma's hitting gusts of 200mph (wtf?!) as it goes by Cuba.
    Post edited by Rhio2k on
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,245
    edited September 9
    GreyFoxx wrote: »
    Man with the South getting hurricanes and the West burning I'm waiting for some stupid stuff to happen in the Midwest to balance the scales. Just stay safe folks!

Mexico had a magnitude 8.1 quake.

And there is this Shit
    North Korea Nuclear test could give trigger Mount Paektu to erupt.
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/160415-sacred-volcano-north-korea-waiting-eruption-science/

Fucking Radioactive Volcanoes
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It seems like Tampa FL will get hit Sunday with the worst part Sunday Evening to early Monday morning.

At this point,I almost wish I could fast forward to Monday. Uggh.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    edited September 10
    Idid you know you can up the voltage output of a 9 volt battery if you stack them? I just happened to have a handful of 9 volt batteries that I clicked together like Legos, then I ran automotive wiring I had laying around from a negative and positive on the battery stack into the radio and it works. I swear it felt like a fucking puzzle straight out of Resident Evil 1 or 2. Just in case we lose power/internet, at least we can listen to updates on the radio.

Yeah if you wire any battery in Series (like you clicking 9 volts together like Legos) you increase the max voltage by all the total voltages of each battery added in the chain.
    You can do the same with 12 AA, C or D batteries (they are all 1.5 volts). C and D batteries will just last longer than the Double A batteries.
    The Eye will pass over here some time early Monday morning as a Category 3. I'ma just sleep through this as if Christmas morning is tomorrow.
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 441
    edited September 10
    Fuck, three hurricanes! Jose is a category 4 now!
    maxresdefault.jpg
    What did Florida do to receive such destruction?
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • 71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z That One Guy Joined: Posts: 52
    Just checking in. We've been under curfew for 30 minutes now and still have power at the moment.
    If there is one thing Dan Hibiki taught me, it is that you can win by throwing autographs at people's faces.
    It seems Irma passed. No power though.

Did your house get any severe damage?

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm watching this live and it's pretty crazy down there. I hope everyone in Irma's path makes it out safely!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

A lot of power outages happening around me and the eye of the storm wont get here until later tonight. We still have power at my location though. There's also been a curfew up since 3pm.
  • 71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z That One Guy Joined: Posts: 52
    AKI wrote: »
    A lot of power outages happening around me and the eye of the storm wont get here until later tonight. We still have power at my location though. There's also been a curfew up since 3pm.

Crazy, right? My relatives in the southeastern part of the state lost power, but I will be closer to where the storm's path is projected to go and we still have power. It's funny because when Matthew hit last year, we lost power and they had theirs up and running before we did.
    If there is one thing Dan Hibiki taught me, it is that you can win by throwing autographs at people's faces.
    Welp I am officially powerless. Writing this from my phone of course.

Also though this was hilarious

Still got power, Spectrum service out. Thinking about nailing 2x4s to crossbrace front door (opens inward)...occasional brief but strong pressure every now and then. Pretty sure its only gonna get worse.
    According to CNN satellite tracking, Tampa is getting hit now. So far, so good.
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Naples got it BAD.

Prayers goes out to them.
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

"Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm not in the path of the hurricanes, but I'm praying for you fools. Please be safe.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm relieved that the hurricane died down to a category 1 considering what it could've been (aka Andrew). But now there's Jose left to contend with...
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,491
    I'm relieved that the hurricane died down to a category 1 considering what it could've been (aka Andrew). But now there's Jose left to contend with...
    People are currently thinking that Jose will be direct hit on NY. Get fucked @Raz0r
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    edited September 11
    I believe the worst has passed here in North Tampa.

We had no real damage and by some stroke of luck we had power and internet through the storm and now.
    In general,Tampa had upturned /trees blocking roads and some flooding with half the city losing power.

My uncle in Miami had part of his roof ripped off and lost power but he's ok.

-Jawaharlal Nehru
    There were so many hurricanes this month....its almost too ridiculous Jose,Harvey,Irma, Feat dat nigga Andrew, damn.
    "Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
    No power, no damage done to any homes in the area except for one building. Trees everywhere, small and large. A few really large ones did take the L. Currently about half the city has power which is actually good when you consider the EYE went right over us. One store decided to open and was packed within 5 minutes. I'm headed to my sisters to charge my phone for the night.

Stay safe everyone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file