New comments per page setting: 40 instead of 50

PreppyPreppy act like you're used to itJoined: Posts: 14,350 admin
edited September 18 in Shoryuken.com Feedback
I tweaked this to potentially help our mobile users. It does seem to make pages load faster so far. As always, feel free to PM with feedback.

*shifted to 40 from 25 based upon feedback
Post edited by Preppy on

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
"If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
"I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

Comments

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,350 admin
    Since the question was asked: in this world order, that means threads should reset at 1000 pages (25000 posts).

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    18 Days Later: 25 posts instead of 50 still sucks.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,997
    Roll it back, Prep, 25 comments per page sucks :/
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,872
    Yeah, never been a fan of < 40 PPP.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    22 Days later: 25 posts instead of 50 still sucks.
    What is wrong with 50?

It's been like that for a while now and I haven't seen anyone whine about it.

If we had our own option to do it I wouldn't even care, but to force me to see fewer posts just because is irritating.

Shit, had I my way I'd make it 100 posts per page.
    What is wrong with 50?
    Trying to improve the mobile experience you giant-monitored monster.

• Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,872
    40 is what I was used to before SRK so that works for me.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,125 mod
    Clearly 40 is 39 posts too much. We should aim for a 1 to 1 post to page ratio.
    Lol bitch, just reduce the amount of shit people are allowed to post.

Sometimes them gifs and videos are way too much.
    I can't do that on the board software side. I don't know if there's perfect abstract rules for gifs/videos either. I've thought about it. If I knew of a perfect option it'd be in place.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,125 mod
    Honestly, I never figured out why people who make forum software don't just automatically make it so that quoted images are just turned into links.
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So now I have to keep on updating my bookmarks to certain posts because it changes what page it's on every time you decide to change this?
    PM me your concern.

• ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    concern was already stated. I have several bookmarked posts on SRK that I'll now have to scour for in topics that are ranging between 91 pages to 181 pages depending on what you set the posts per page at just to update them. Especially when those bookmarks are on my u2b videos so users can find the information that they need in regards to the content of the video.

Just make a decision and stick to it.
    Bookmark the post, not the page.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11440634/#Comment_11440634

for example. Copy the URL from the "About 2 hours ago" link.

Is there not a way for this to be adjustable on our profiles, so that people that want 50 ppp can do that, and people that want more or less can also do that?

I don't know the capabilities of Vanilla. I know Invision had this option, so just throwing it out there.
    Not that I'm aware of, sorry.