The Street Fighter 5 General: The Wisest Thoth

Comments

• FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,717 mod
    Imagine Twin is in chat telling Pookie to beat his ass and Bushin thinks he's talking to him
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
    You're triggering me Pookie, confirm CH lp > mp into HP.Para, don't do CH lp > cr.mp > St.lk, you're just passing up a meterless knockdown and good damage
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,230
    Froztey wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Kolin probably my current favourite S2 newcomer, second being Menat. S2 has some good and some bad. I dislike Ed and Abigail, enjoy the rest.

Wait so who do you fucking main now?

Thinking about making a change maybe. Having no fun in ranked with Juri, I can beat a Super Diamond and then lose to a very buttons-y plat Bison. It's very frustrating being able to get wins for free with my Balrog pressing and doing whatever I want but I can't beat people consistently with my fucking main.

I play Juri, Kolin, Ken, Balrog, Chun, Menat and Alex. I just rotate. I don't train any of em but I play Juri the most so...that's my main.

So wait... is Juri actually weak to buttonsy people and general unga?
    I've noticed that I tend to have worst matchups against people doing weird shit (you know the ones that make you think "did I really lose to this shit?") than against people that seem to have a gameplan.
    So far I've attribuited this entirely on my lack of reflexes and the thing that for some reason I can't get good spacing right on her (I mean when I play with Ibuki I hit crouching strong OS all day and with Juri I'm still not getting any similar thing out despite trying constantly)
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,216
    edited September 26
    You're triggering me Pookie, confirm CH lp > mp into HP.Para, don't do CH lp > cr.mp > St.lk, you're just passing up a meterless knockdown and good damage

bro its hard enough trying to keep it together trying to defend against this shit
    i cant even collect my thoughts when i have to hold back and constantly guess against this pressure without a good vreversal
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 9,770
    Looks like Pookie got blown out
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep R.I.P. Malcolm Young Joined: Posts: 1,329
    Stop doing that
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument "This is my selfless devotion!" Joined: Posts: 1,866
    @MarLonLonMilk
    YO, GUESS WHAT CAME EARLY?
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Between this, Marvel, and that new SFV stage I think September has been the best month of gaming for me.

YOOOOOOO. I'm practicing SFV and MvCI for Canada Cup at the moment, but I'm gonna go in on this and Super Mario Odyssey (comes out Canada Cup weekend) the moment it's over.

I got the LE version so I also got Shuichi's hat and Kaede's backpack. I think I also got some LE soundtrack, pretty happy.
    Stay golden, my friend!
    Damn. I don't know where that lag spike came from. It's probably on my end, dood. Sorry about that.
  • BeekmeerBeekmeer Joined: Posts: 438
    No problem. Should we try again?
    CFN: Beekmeer
    Yeah. I swear to god, if you keep walking backward.
    ZioSerpe wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Kolin probably my current favourite S2 newcomer, second being Menat. S2 has some good and some bad. I dislike Ed and Abigail, enjoy the rest.

Wait so who do you fucking main now?

Thinking about making a change maybe. Having no fun in ranked with Juri, I can beat a Super Diamond and then lose to a very buttons-y plat Bison. It's very frustrating being able to get wins for free with my Balrog pressing and doing whatever I want but I can't beat people consistently with my fucking main.

I play Juri, Kolin, Ken, Balrog, Chun, Menat and Alex. I just rotate. I don't train any of em but I play Juri the most so...that's my main.

So wait... is Juri actually weak to buttonsy people and general unga?
    I've noticed that I tend to have worst matchups against people doing weird shit (you know the ones that make you think "did I really lose to this shit?") than against people that seem to have a gameplan.
    So far I've attribuited this entirely on my lack of reflexes and the thing that for some reason I can't get good spacing right on her (I mean when I play with Ibuki I hit crouching strong OS all day and with Juri I'm still not getting any similar thing out despite trying constantly)

No I'm just bad, or not good enough to make Juri work consistently.

I dislike blaming my character for my shortcomings, I have tons of things I could improve and Juri getting buffed wouldn't make me any better of a player. I just didn't adapt to the Bison I guess.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    edited September 26
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »

im happy with my results
    ive only been playing kolin for less than a month
    to take a couple rounds off of a master rashid with just that is good for me
    if i can atleast take rounds then im not far from taking matches
    just gonna keep practicing

Get yourself some meaties the amount of times he St.lk'd you on wakeup makes me sad.

I need some too tbh, oh and you know if you do midscreen EX.Para? I'd probably do delayed LK.Vanity into edge, gives you much better oki and better corner carry. Helps against someone like Rashid where you need to keep the pace
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • JeromJerom Joined: Posts: 1,140
    Anyone want to play
    CFN: Jeromy
    gief abby

im happy with my results

Get yourself some meaties the amount of times he St.lk'd you on wakeup makes me sad.

I need some too tbh, oh and you know if you do midscreen EX.Para? I'd probably do delayed LK.Vanity into edge, gives you much better oki and better corner carry. Helps against someone like Rashid where you need to keep the pace

yea i know
    i keep forgetting my meaties :(
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 9,770
    @Jerom give me like 25 minutes if I'm still on lmao
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Your functions got fucked Joined: Posts: 3,235
    This is going to sound extremely off topic (because, I do have a bad tendency of either whining a little too much about possible SFV changes or being thirsty over female characters).

If there were a brand new fighting game IP to come out right now, how many characters would some of you recommend?
    Twenty-something? Thirty-something? Or, would it depend?
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Shun, Benimaru, Mian, Zarina, Leona, Terry, Mai, Whip, Yamazaki]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Xiaoyu [Geese, Jin, Lars, Kazuya, Lee, Steve, Eliza, M. Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

im happy with my results

when he picked the ryu stage the rollback kicked in a bit more and i kept getting hit by stlk alot more often
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument "This is my selfless devotion!" Joined: Posts: 1,866
    This is going to sound extremely off topic (because, I do have a bad tendency of either whining a little too much about possible SFV changes or being thirsty over female characters).

If there were a brand new fighting game IP to come out right now, how many characters would some of you recommend?

Like, roster size?

16 if the budget for it is decent.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,131

around the 20s. Low-mid 10s. I don't think a fighter needs anymore then 35 at most though.
    @Beekmeer

I got an appointment at this university I'm trying to get into tomorrow so I'm gonna hit the sack.
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    Beekmeer

I got an appointment at this university I'm trying to get into tomorrow so I'm gonna hit the sack.

Thanks for the matches @Heat_Sleep. I tried to play less scared after our first set.

im happy with my results

yea i know
    i keep forgetting my meaties :(

Looked into any EX.Para xx Hail set-ups? They look pretty decent. Hard to cover both rises consistently though.

I'm gonna work on my Kolin for a while and put together some strong oki, I need mix-ups from parries as well really badly.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    @Beekmeer Your Laura seemed pretty good. Laura can bully the shit out of abigail i think
    gief abby
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,930
    I better be able to buy those music packs with FM or else I'm going to eat a slice of fat pizza.

You wouldn't dare.

He wasn't kidding

25050ee87e13531c7d21404b1b1140ef--pizza-eat.jpg
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,131
    I better be able to buy those music packs with FM or else I'm going to eat a slice of fat pizza.

You wouldn't dare.

He wasn't kidding

25050ee87e13531c7d21404b1b1140ef--pizza-eat.jpg

Well...I hope he's proud of himself now.
    @Beekmeer Gonna take the broken lobby as a good sign to stop lol GGs! If your Laura was rusty it shows just how good that character is since you managed to take some games off me. It also shows how weak I am to command grabs :D
    gief abby
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,930
    Damn I'm regretting spending 40k in FM on story costumes right now. I probably won't be able to get Cammy's stage until Zeku launches.
    @Gabri3l_WHOA getting washed by an Alex on stream ;^)
    Jerom wrote: »
    Beekmeer Gonna take the broken lobby as a good sign to stop lol GGs! If your Laura was rusty it shows just how good that character is since you managed to take some games off me. It also shows how weak I am to command grabs :D

GGs @Jerom

I think the lobby must have been trying to save me from getting mauled any more. That was almost the first time in a month I've used Laura, and I was screwing up a ton of stuff. It's crazy that I still did better with her than I did with Kolin. I think Abigail and Ed are my two worst match ups right now. I always seem to make the wrong reads against both of them.
    Beekmeer wrote: »
    Beekmeer Gonna take the broken lobby as a good sign to stop lol GGs! If your Laura was rusty it shows just how good that character is since you managed to take some games off me. It also shows how weak I am to command grabs :D

GGs @Jerom

I think the lobby must have been trying to save me from getting mauled any more. That was almost the first time in a month I've used Laura, and I was screwing up a ton of stuff. It's crazy that I still did better with her than I did with Kolin. I think Abigail and Ed are my two worst match ups right now. I always seem to make the wrong reads against both of them.

Laura good. Just throw in more standing knees, tick throws and whatever she does in vtrigger and youre already a pro.
    gief abby
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,700
    Shilling for Kubo rn

Love watching the matches

GGs @Jerom

Laura good. Just throw in more standing knees, tick throws and whatever she does in vtrigger and youre already a pro.

Yeah, I need to make sure I don't completely forget how to play her while trying to get good with Kolin. I'd really like to get to the point where I can be competent with more than one character, but right now it still messes with my head when I switch. A few times during our sets I'd end a combo by whiffing HP Bolt cause I'm so used to doing HP Parabellum now.

GGs @Jerom

Yeah, I need to make sure I don't completely forget how to play her while trying to get good with Kolin. I'd really like to get to the point where I can be competent with more than one character, but right now it still messes with my head when I switch. A few times during our sets I'd end a combo by whiffing HP Bolt cause I'm so used to doing HP Parabellum now.

Dont worry. After I switched from Guile to Abby for a bit i was trying to do crouching light into flashkick

@A10metal I love Storm Kubo. I subscribed to him a week or so ago and he sounded so happy <3
    gief abby
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,182
    Skort wrote: »

Let's face it, that theme fits Juri MUCH better.

Personality wise, it would fit Juri more I agree.

But in terms of looks and especially because of Laura's hairstyle, I think it would fit Laura pretty good as well.

Why not for both? :bee:
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,847
    edited September 26
    Music Post to end the page.

What is like $2500 a month?
This discussion has been closed.