The Street Fighter 5 General: The Wisest Thoth

Comments

• VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,965
    I hope they don't nerf Laura on the sole basis that she's a Brazilian rep.

If she was from Argentina though, I'd say nerf her to the ground.

@YorKeY You can't trigger @Froztey on his birthday like that...

...You gotta say that SFV Cody needs to be based on FF Streetwise first for optimal triggering.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • BeekmeerBeekmeer Joined: Posts: 440
    I'm actually fine with them nerfing some of Laura's functions, just as long as they leave her assets intact.
    CFN: Beekmeer
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,800
    I have a feeling that they might actually go as far as to change Rashid's cr. HP to an entirely new normal (that will be worse) but try to pitch it as something more interesting... and it will look ugly. They've done it before. Just sayin'.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep R.I.P. Malcolm Young Joined: Posts: 1,359
    I checked Capcom Unity and the SF twitter but I didn't see any confirmed times when the update would go up. Does anyone know when this patch is supposed to drop?
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,800
    Happy Birthday Evil Canadian and Froztey
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • SkiesOfAzelSkiesOfAzel Joined: Posts: 949
    edited September 26
    Edmund wrote: »
    Happy birthday @Froztey. May all the girls in your new school line up to suck your dick.

Ahh the heedlessness of youth! Unless Froztey attends some school for supermodels, there will definitely be some girls he will not want on that line.

Anyway, Happy Birthday @Froztey , you are now one year closer to hair loss, a tendency to gather belly fat and the struggle that is morning peeing.
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Rewatching momochi vs yukadon in that one canadian tournament.

I have even more respect for yipes as a commentator now, instead of the default goofy hilarity we all know and love, he demonstrated how well-rounded he could be at that game with a more cerebral approach.

Well, on the contrary i prefer goofy hilarity to comments that blatantly show how little he actually knows or understands about the game, its mechanics and the current meta. Not to mention that Momochi was maining Yun (not Ken) in 3rd Strike and has always been known for not being afraid to reversal.
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,386
    Beekmeer wrote: »
    I'm actually fine with them nerfing some of Laura's functions, just as long as they leave her assets intact.

Oh her assets will be fine I'm sure

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvWE5TN2dFMXYzb3lNOC9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • BeekmeerBeekmeer Joined: Posts: 440
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    I checked Capcom Unity and the SF twitter but I didn't see any confirmed times when the update would go up. Does anyone know when this patch is supposed to drop?

Servers should be up by 4PM PDT. You should be able to pre-download the patch now though.

CFN: Beekmeer
    Damn. 6pm for me. Guess I'll go back to New Vegas.
    I think the main question is: Now that there's a new hamster spinning the wheel, will the server improve?

Spoiler: No. You just had to wait 7 hours for no reason.

I just can't understand why we gotta wait for that every time.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,282
    Happy birthday @Froztey :smiley:
    fuck this sin cursed world of balrogs, ibukis and lauras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ibuki will reign supreme for another season. She's only been not great in one SF game and that was my highest placing with her at Evo regardless.

You have to deal with Laura because you were too naive to realize she was already OD in season 1. Rog will get nerfed to 4 frame light and slightly shorter v trigger time.

Ibuki will reign until Capcom realize it's time to some Rindoukan slaps on that flat ninja ass. Then even Laura will be remembered as 'legit'.

Karakusa and Fukiage are on their way. It's time Capcom.

open-arms-1.png
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,937
    edited September 26
    So they allow keyboard remapping but.... it doesn't allow keyboard to be player 2.

Also from the new info pop up, it states you can select BGM for characters. Doesn't mention the stages at all. Hope it's not true because that would be pretty dumb too.
  • septicseptic It was love at first sight Joined: Posts: 411
    Servers up!!
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,149
    @Froztey

mqjQVh7.png

Check your Paypal :wink:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 9,784
    Can we have a real talk moment for a second? So I'm sure we all saw articles on Marvel doing like no numbers in Euroland and seeing some of the comments to that news has me thinking about CC fucking up again.

I really wish I didn't feel like I have to care nor know about the politics behind CC's decision making in regards to how they produce their FG IP's. Yet here we are after 2 years of SFV and the debut of MVCI and it feels like nothing has changed. I have a tendency to shit post about how I'd let Ono shit on my dog because "WAIFUS" but I really do feel like CC has slapped long time players in the face with their inability or just straight defiance in changing their ways. We all know about the SFxT on disc DLC fiasco and that really put people off from CC as a company because of how greedy it felt. But when they tried to save the game people basically fucked off back to Marvel and SF4. I don't think CC was lucky players didn't mass migrate to SF4 after SFV basically fell on it's face. I think people were ready to move on because SF4 was around for almost a decade.

Now I'm not one of those "DLC is the devils asshole" gamers because despite not having all the money in the world, I'm well aware that games in the [current year] cost fucking money and niggas gotta eat. That's fine really I'm not tripping about that. But this weird low cost high return thing CC has been doing feels so fucking belligerent I'm starting to think that this is the only way we'll be able to get any new FG IP,s from them. Looking at Marvel they only got one thing right and the rest felt like a tacked on "well fiiiiiine then here's you BS casual content you NRS plebs wanted." Now I don't give a shit about SPC in FG's but allot of people do and whether we want to admit it, those causal sales go along way in keeping these franchises alive.

So what I'm trying to understand is why CC just wont try to not be shit? I mean I understand that they want to create more Daigos rather than Josh's that get dem gains at the gym then go home and fight Bison on hard and think they're best SF player that ever lived. But if they keep releasing lazy sparse content who the fuck is gonna be around to be the next Daigo? I'm well aware that allot of build it up long term "esports" games have whales that buy like fidy tree outfits for 300 bucks but how are you gonna get more whales if no one wants to buy the base game? Marvel is owned but Disney now and there's no excuse for MvCI to look like what it does. God awful chromatic aberration with shitty model ports and lack luster voice acting and yet Disney is pulling in like 60 zillion dollars a month. Shit is fucking odd.

Now I understand Marvel's gaming side isn't the same as the movie side yada yada. I understand how this works but I don't understand why CC is shoving this shit out with a smile on their face acting like shit is all fine and dandy. It's annoying feeling like I'm apart of the problem since I know if we don't support the games then I guess fuck us. But I wish there was a way to let CC and other game devs know it's not that we don't want more this and that. It's that we don't want it to look like fucking trash.

I know this is the pinnacle of a dead horse being beaten to a bloody pulp but god damn the solution is easy but CC will never change unless no one buys their shit. And even then the stuffy old Japanese suites will see that as some affront on their games and just cut their losses and SF will go the way of the Mega Man.

TL:DR: CC gonna keep being CC because they know or think they can get away with it. Reeeee
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • septicseptic It was love at first sight Joined: Posts: 411
    Man Sim's new costume is funky in game.. His limbs being invisible makes his long normals look like a graphics glitch!
  • Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,409
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Patch note day is gonna be like Christmas for us Kolin followers!!!!!

You poor fool
    It happened to DJ
    It happened to Alex
    Do you think it won't happen to you?
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
    WTF the bgm music costs a ton lmao. Just gonna mod my game.

Can you at least pay it with FM?
  • SkortSkort Joined: Posts: 971
    Lols , 4.5 euro for the SF2 OST, i thought it will be available for FM.

It's not a lot of money, but u know what, imma just use youtube.

Kick in the nuts for not letting us buy it with FM.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 9,784
    You weak men.

5 bucks ooooh god I'm poor!!!!!!
    edited September 26

5 bucks ooooh god I'm poor!!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=msqUsa2I_OA

Edit: That better show up as a video. I can't do shit on mobile.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,598
    edited September 26
    how many tracks are in the soundtrack?
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,728 mod
    snip fucking hell Twin

The game looks like shit, only hardcore Marvel fans will buy this because they don't see it only at face value. If anyone expected it to do well then uh-oh.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
    @Froztey

mqjQVh7.png

Check your Paypal :wink:

Sorry everyone else, Will wins best birthday post this year
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Edmund wrote: »
    Happy birthday @Froztey. May all the girls in your new school line up to suck your dick.

Ahh the heedlessness of youth! Unless Froztey attends some school for supermodels, there will definitely be some girls he will not want on that line.

Anyway, Happy Birthday @Froztey , you are now one year closer to hair loss, a tendency to gather belly fat and the struggle that is morning peeing.

Give me like 4 months and I'll have at least 2/3 of those things.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Patch note day is gonna be like Christmas for us Kolin followers!!!!!

You poor fool
    It happened to DJ
    It happened to Alex
    Do you think it won't happen to you?

DJ is a black and Alex has never been good in any mainline SF game.

Meanwhile Kolin a white woman.

Cumon man.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,598
    snip fucking hell Twin

The game looks like shit, only hardcore Marvel fans will buy this because they don't see it only at face value. If anyone expected it to do well then uh-oh.

i bought it and i am not a hardcore marvel fan...and lets be honest. is not as bad as people make it to be especially when you are ingame and fight.
    payed 18€uro...haha....turned the chroma and blure shit out, play in 4:3 and i have fun with it.

its deffenetly not worth the original pricetag, especially when you consider the following miling which will happen there as it happens in sfv....but you can get it cheaper already. even on consoles.
    I wish I can be like Twin and find that one character that clicks with me. I keep switching off characters whenever I lose; it doesn't feel like I'm giving myself a chance.
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 1,640
    I shilled out and bought some costumes
    SFV - Gouki/Bison/Urien, Ed, Cammy, Ken. Gonna learn Laura and Chun someday....someday

SAGAT WHERE YOU AT BRUH?
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,700
    snip fucking hell Twin

Oh, so you're saying the only part that actually matters is good?
    *go cry in the corner about no new characters after 2018, game having less views than Smash and Capcom not being allowed to patch gamebreaking stuff because Marvel pulled back the rights*

Also, happy birthday.
This discussion has been closed.