The Street Fighter 5 General: The Wisest Thoth

Comments

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,520
    edited August 27
    Have they paid MikeZ in order to use that character?

I mean seriously?

0885e4f1bf635262656876088c3142c0--skullgirls-egyptian-art.jpg
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • stronzolostronzolo Joined: Posts: 342
    edited August 27
    yeah, she really seem ike a character from some anime game, @DevilJin 01 you should go back to your Daisuke Ishiwatari avatar since anime is saving street fighter
    unpopolar opinion here: Menat is really cool but she will never be as cool as Eliza form skullgirls, man that girl was like a Mortal Kombat character done right, she was like Dio Brando with boobs and all the blood and gore from her moves added personality and charisma instead of being there just to appeal some kid. I mean, she transformed her st.MK into the serpent god Apophis only to decapitate it since her parasite it's basically Sekhmet
  • amrraedamrraed put WW in SF5 Joined: Posts: 4,498
    I think i finally understood Gachikun name.

his name is Gachi and kun is that Japanese kun or san name that they do to refer to elders or young people. LMAO
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven.

PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 9,326
    I see all the non believers who don't post here are showing up for the Pre SSFV character.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,583

I mean seriously?

I don't see any similarities between this thing from a dead game and Maynet. I think you're being stereotypical towards our Egyptian Goddess!!
    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • amrraedamrraed put WW in SF5 Joined: Posts: 4,498

I mean seriously?

Have Harada paid Mike Z in order to name a character by the same name ?

I mean seriously ?
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven.

PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
    Trife88 wrote: »

I mean seriously?

I don't see any similarities between this thing from a dead game and Maynet. I think you're being stereotypical towards our Egyptian Goddess!!

I mean at first I was surprised that I watched a SFV trailer and kinda liked the design of what I saw, then I felt this weird familiarity and yeah...
    In order to do something that does not suck, Capcom has to rip off other people's work nowadays.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,173
    I don't think her face is lacking in detail.

Looks like a combination of Cammy and Ibuki. And together with her skin color as well as the lipstick color it does look pretty cute to me.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Juri, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine

>>> My Top 10 Waifu list <<<
    edited August 27
    Both designs are ripped off Elizabeth Taylor's Cleopatra, but at least they dark skinned.
    The Skullgirls team at least had the decency to name their character after their "inspiration" while Capcom acts like this was done of their own ideas lol.

I mean seriously?

I mean at first I was surprised that I watched a SFV trailer and kinda liked the design of what I saw, then I felt this weird familiarity and yeah...
    In order to do something that does not suck, Capcom has to rip off other people's work nowadays.

You would have a point if Capcom ripped off a good game for it's netcode but they haven't, case closed!

Memet is pure, Memet is original. It did not take more than a day for non-believers to find something to complain about, utterly disgusting. Her face is bland? Her face has no detail? Design is unoriginal? And yet Ryu has stayed the same design wise for 125 years?

Ok so what you want Capcom to do?
    Detail her face like SFV Ken? No can't be that type of detail...Chun-Li from Mahvel?
    ok maybe Dante from Mahvel UMFinite? No can't be that type of detail
    Oh ok how about- NAH, just pure hate, not even realizing her face appears flat/low detail due to the lighting that's coming from her powers + stage/angle and video quality.

If you don't have more than 3k hours in SFV or at least Master Rank you have no opinion, word to Mocha
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,183
    edited August 27
    Saandro wrote: »
    Why is her hair purple? Should've been black.

Rose

edit: lol just noticed this thread has been 6 pages long already
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • SkortSkort Joined: Posts: 881
    Imma get some hate but whatevs.

Saving fight money for Zeku,more interested in him.

Waifu ? Nah,Juri has that more then covered.
    Cipher wrote: »
    Skort wrote: »

p6hps399i8zy.jpg

Nah,I'm just not riding the hype train. Problem ?
    RAW_Guts wrote: »
    Both designs are ripped off Elizabeth Taylor's Cleopatra, but at least they dark skinned.
    The Skullgirls team at least had the decency to name their character after their "inspiration" while Capcom acts like this was done of their own ideas lol.

Her name is a reference to a type of ancient Egyptian necklace and another name for the goddess Hathor. But I guess how dare Capcom use a real name from the characters land instead of naming her some variant after white girl, Elizabeth Taylor. Stay off the booze.

this reminded me of Sean, not that he is named after anyone but I have never met anyone in Brazil named Sean and that has always irked me. I'm glad that they gave Laura a more common name over here.
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 818
    edited August 27
    MilesRiey wrote: »

Her name is a reference to a type of ancient Egyptian necklace and another name for the goddess Hathor. But I guess how dare Capcom use a real name from the characters land instead of naming her some variant after white girl, Elizabeth Taylor. Stay off the booze.

this reminded me of Sean, not that he is named after anyone but I have never met anyone in Brazil named Sean and that has always irked me. I'm glad that they gave Laura a more common name over here.

Sean was orginally from New York then as time went on he became Brazilian is why. lol
  • VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipping Hedonist Joined: Posts: 3,309
    edited August 27

p6hps399i8zy.jpg

Well for starters your reply game being worse than your taste in characters is definitely a problem.
  • YorKeYYorKeY Binary Mode [ON] I'm pretty much the boss of SRK. Joined: Posts: 7,246
    edited August 27
    SFV non believers!? Yeah, you're right i'm not a SFV believer, fuck this game, but I am a Super SFV believer though.
    Super SFV would be the shit!
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,813

Yes Menat > Juri
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,591
    To be honest a SSFV would mostly be an edition which benefits people who haven't bought SFV yet. SSFV including all characters, costumes and stages from s1+2.
    I personally would like to see new universal mechanics, and NOT adding in new VT, V-Skills, Supers and v-rversals for characters, they can all be significantly improved upon without having to add in completely new ones.
    New mechanics add depth, new supers do not and new VT's is out of the question, characters are completely designed around it, it would be absurd to add in new VT for every character, it's way too much effort to do it for every character, same goes for the v-skills.

Just adjust current mechanics a lot, for the better, and add in a few new mechanics.
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,313

Cleopatra wasn't dark skinned, been over this before son!!!!!!
    edited August 27
    New vtrigger seems like a big thing to do but I don't see why new supers would be overkill.
    edited August 27
    MilesRiey wrote: »

Sean was orginally from New York then as time went on he became Brazilian is why. lol

The least they could was change the name to a more native one over here :S

Yes Menat > Juri

Will you think the same if that beech cammy gets a paddling from Menat like she did from Juri >:3
    Menat v-trigger soul satellites all need active hitboxes while they are resting this is tantamount to betrayal of Rose players.
    MHNGNET LEWD INCOMIN'
    qP1yaBG.png
    Calling all Juri player, we need to have a meeting :^)
    IT'S NOT FAIR DAMN IT, SHE EVEN HAS A OH THAT CAN COMBO WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS BULLSHITEDTtlVD.jpgIM NOT DROPPING JURI FOR THIS BULLSHIT ITS NOT RIGHT AND NOW SHE HAS FOOT LEWD DRAWINGS DAY ONE WE NEED HELP
    giphy.gif
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,722 mod
    edited August 27
    Daemos wrote: »

What garbage. He says he's not interested in SF5 but will happily whore himself out for views by capitalizing on a new release. Also, "not bad"? No - Menat is BEAUTIFUL, go back to whatever shit you're playing!

Gotta keep your shill skills in check with any resource available

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero There is no function this teacher can't handle. Joined: Posts: 3,116
    edited August 27
    MHNGNET LEWD INCOMIN'
    qP1yaBG.png
    IT'S NOT FAIR DAMN IT, SHE EVEN HAS A OH THAT CAN COMBO WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS BULLSHITEDTtlVD.jpgIM NOT DROPPING JURI FOR THIS BULLSHIT ITS NOT RIGHT AND NOW SHE HAS FOOT LEWD DRAWINGS DAY ONE WE NEED HELP

I am no Juri player but can... you know... join? I am just curious about the administrative actions ya'll intend to take... :bee:
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Whip, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Jin [Xiaoyu, Eliza, M. Raven, Lee, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??? (Cammy, Menat, Ryu, Bison, Ibuki)
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,663
    Even @TWINBLADES hero likes Menat

What garbage. He says he's not interested in SF5 but will happily whore himself out for views by capitalizing on a new release. Also, "not bad"? No - Menat is BEAUTIFUL, go back to whatever shit you're playing!
    Saandro wrote: »
    Even @TWINBLADES hero likes Menat

Weren't you the guy who was talking to people to go back to their generic anime and waifu designs when they were complaining about Abigail? Now it's ''beautiful''.

Keeping this on as many pages as possible
    What is like $2500 a month?
    edited August 27
    MHNGNET LEWD INCOMIN'
    qP1yaBG.png

I am no Juri player but can... you know... join? I am just curious about the administrative actions ya'll intend to take... :bee:

First thing on the list. Model Swap Juri with MHNGnat. If that doesn't increase our win ratio then we'll have another "meeting."
    Edit: Also you can a be a Juri player it's easy. Just give her a spot on your tier list, suffer from Illusions of Grandeur and get likes on Twitter.