The Street Fighter 5 General: The Wisest Thoth

Comments

• NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,663
    Calling @Preppy

Does this mean the page cap has gone to 1k or are we still ending on page 500?
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,591
    edited August 28
    I'll give Menat a spin on tuesday, i don't see myself maining her though, i just want to see if the grass is greener you know...
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 976
    ZioSerpe wrote: »
    When did the last thread got to 500 pages?! it was going slowly, I disappear 3 days and it explodes?

Posts per page got cut down from 50 to 25, so the amount of pages essentially doubled as a result.

ah ok that makes sense, couldn't believe Menat reveal got so many pages in so little time
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • MarLonLonMilkMarLonLonMilk Kid Canada. Joined: Posts: 2,438
    Also I look forward to Menat but wish she was scarred and ugly so waifu lords would stay far away.

You can't stop us!

Jokes aside, I can confirm that none of those people will play her. After what I've seen with Juri, the comments I see on my videos and other Juri videos...yeah, most waifu warriors aren't down to actually work for it. By November, they'll all be asking for Sakura again.
    While gentlemen of refined tastes such as myself wait for Ingrid.
    PSN & CFN: marlonlonmilk_
    NNID: MarLonLonMilk

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaKeJSqQXVDwZCmU7av5CA
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,688
    Also I look forward to Menat but wish she was scarred and ugly so waifu lords would stay far away.

You can't stop us!

Jokes aside, I can confirm that none of those people will play her. After what I've seen with Juri, the comments I see on my videos and other Juri videos...yeah, most waifu warriors aren't down to actually work for it. By November, they'll all be asking for Sakura again.

We call those inferior beings.
    I'm fairly intrested, but it is just though to drop Juri, Ibuki came close just out of sheer top tierness but I went back fairly quick.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • YorKeYYorKeY Binary Mode [ON] I'm pretty much the boss of SRK. Joined: Posts: 7,246
    edited August 28
    Does menat have boobs? I don't see any.

No, so you're gonna have to hold that L, or accept her for who she is b****! I like Menat cause she's realistic, not some big perfect boob geometry, photoshop model faced, perfect skin beauty doll that exist only in video games!

Kappa, just kidding, I dunno!

Menat and Kolin!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' <3
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,447
  • MarLonLonMilkMarLonLonMilk Kid Canada. Joined: Posts: 2,438
    edited August 28

You can't stop us!

Don't get me wrong, trying to make Juri work has allowed me to meet and speak with players that really do want to make her work.

And then there are those that don't even both to try with a character so long as they can see the character's feet...
    PSN & CFN: marlonlonmilk_
    NNID: MarLonLonMilk

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaKeJSqQXVDwZCmU7av5CA
    YorKeY wrote: »

No, so you're gonna have to hold that L, or accept her for who she is bitch! I like Menat cause she's realistic, not some big perfect boob geometry, photoshop model faced, perfect skin beauty doll that exist only in video games!

Kappa, just kidding, I dunno!

Menat and Kolin!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' <3

I was gona say.....then you hit the joke button.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,741
    edited August 28
    GGs @A10metal. Hope the connection was stable on your end.

You're a tad button-happy on wake-up, though with Abby I can't blame you too much, considering how bad his defense is. And his sheer reward for guessing right.

Also was that a Tionishia color for Urien I spotted? :wink:

You can't stop us!

I stopped playing Juri 'cause other characters give me pretty much everything Juri has but better. She doesn't really have much that sets her apart aside from that really good V-skill, and her store gimmick ends up more of a hindrance than something that makes her interesting. We've talked about this before though.

Menat, even if she ends up not that great, looks to be very unique as far as this game goes. So she's got that going for her. :)
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

You can't stop us!

Don't get me wrong, trying to make Juri work has allowed me to meet and speak with players that really do want to make her work.

And then there are those that don't even both to try with a character so long as they can see the character's feet...

Gross.....
    Here's the plan: focus on WoW until menat release since I'd rather not play any fighting games as I've hurt my right hand (guy flew on my right thumb after a layup and now it's twice the size of the left thumb) and my left hand is still not fully healed (considering seeing a doctor, it's been over a month).
    Come back for Menat release, check if the way she plays is something for me; is yes stick with it, if no back to Juri but mostly WoW and waiting for S3 Juri top tier buffs.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,447
    GGs @A10metal. Hope the connection was stable on your end.

You're a tad button-happy on wake-up, though with Abby I can't blame you too much, considering how bad his defense is. And his sheer reward for guessing right.

Also was that a Tionishia color for Urien I spotted? :wink:

You can't stop us!

I stopped playing Juri 'cause other characters give me pretty much everything Juri has but better. She doesn't really have much that sets her apart aside from that really good V-skill, and her store gimmick ends up more of a hindrance than something that makes her interesting. We've talked about this before though.

Menat, even if she ends up not that great, looks to be very unique as far as this game goes. So she's got that going for her. :)

Yeah, I need to play against Ed more. I was kinda caving into pressure at times. His long range buttons are a legit threat.
  • VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipping Hedonist Joined: Posts: 3,309

Savage
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,741
    Vhozite wrote: »
    I hate when they reveal a character that makes you want to play the game, but then you don't really want to play because that character isn't there.

At least this time it's only two days away.

Oh! Almost forgot:

Another 7 hour maintenance. They're starting early this time though, so at least for me, Menat will be ready not too long after I get home from work. :)
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,900
    edited August 28
    They don't take the full time for maintenance anymore.

Also.. Guys, is it true Blazblu requires real money to unlock colors?
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,583
    I read many shit post stating she doesn't look like a Street Fighter character. I don't even know what the hell that means. Then you have the dumb asses opening up their his story books trying to tell others if she's Egyptian or not.

Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
    Only thing I am not liking about Menat is the people saying Viola ripoff. Exposes themselves as fighting game nubs who have zero understanding of fighting game history.

Viola was nothing more than

Rose

BT4t0A4.gif HMQUnfd.gif

plus

Amakusa

BiyBz6W.gif DsLZvL7.gif

Earn some fighting game history ya fucken chuds!!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE NEW GEN OF GAMERS!!!! Enjoy your stay.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,313
    They don't take the full time for maintenance anymore.

Also.. Guys, is it true Blazblu requires real money to unlock colors?

yes all asw games charge you top dollar for colours
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,007 mod

I don't remember Amakusa leaving the orbs in places during the screen for stuff but I also didn't really use him much in SamSho.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 3,786
    Absolute Battle Top 8:

Punk vs Smug
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,690
    AU maintenance starts at 11pm tomorrow and goes to 7 am if my time is correct, so we will be getting her on the morning of the 30th, good news though is that the maintenance period is while everyone is sleeping so the diehards won't lose any sf5 time during the day.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Wonder why they didn't just put Rose in with menats moves. I guess that means Rose is out, I doubt they'd put two ball jugglers in there.

Nah, Rose would still fit just fine. They're way different; Rose is a more defensive zoner with good pokes and a traditional fireball, while Menat looks to be a lot more about set-ups and offense. I don't see anything that would prevent them from co-existing, unlike say Abby/Hugo.

The one thing they'd probably need to figure out is what kind of V-trigger to give Rose since Menat's is basically a better Soul Sattelite.

Of course, then the problem is having a more defensive character in SFV to begin with, something Capcom doesn't seem to want outside of Guile :rofl:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,313
    Pertho wrote: »

I don't remember Amakusa leaving the orbs in places during the screen for stuff but I also didn't really use him much in SamSho.

yeah that part viola stole from

HNgYPR7.gif

which that said I guess there is no confirmation menat wasn't born a man yet
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,086
    "Top" player like alucard cant even react to Laura dash cancels
    What the fuck is this shit
  • TrenchCoatJonesTrenchCoatJones Joined: Posts: 445
    itzpookiie wrote: »

Lol now I don't feel as bad for my shit reactions. I still feel pretty bad tho
    XBL Ooklathemok3
    PSN Girthedestroyer
    SFV ID Ozzy_Booty
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,690
    I saw the yo yo similarities as well... and bridget is one of my favorite GG characters. So that's pretty awesome. Yo yo is one of the most original fighting game mechanics.

So menat has a yoyo and a scorpion spear and a fireball reflect... very interesting.

Killey or gilleys frame data has me worried though. Menat looks to have super slow startup on her stuff, a problem I was anticipating. This will make her stuff hard to use like uriens slow AA's

Just another way sf5 balances characters... here you can have everything, but it will all be super fucking slow.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,722 mod
    If Ryu and Ken have been in a million games together anyone technically can. It's more up to what the developers think keeps diversity going. That's why they pushed Ken to be more aggressive and stylized with the run.

New Rose would likely not play 100 percent like old Rose any way. We've seen too many old characters in this game that aren't exactly their old selves. Guile is the only dedicated zoner and he's still got new offensive and trap shit he didn't have before

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,086

Lol now I don't feel as bad for my shit reactions. I still feel pretty bad tho

It's not hard to react to especially from anything other than jab and stHP
    StHP has a delay cancel so it's a little hard to see but not that hard

He went on tilt too fast
    Trife88 wrote: »
    I read many shit post stating she doesn't look like a Street Fighter character. I don't even know what the hell that means. Then you have the dumb asses opening up their his story books trying to tell others if she's Egyptian or not.

Well the orb is kinda used as an installation, and I can't remember any other character in SF having those, that's more of an anime trope. Just playing Devil's advocate here.

no one can react, I remember a study explaining how it is not possible to react to that, is just that you know is coming so you press stuff.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,583
    >See's AB8 Stream posted
    >See's Karin on the ground and Urien over her

I'm just going to go to sleep. I bet Urien activated VT on wake up and then dashed up and started pressing buttons and won.
    Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.