The Street Fighter 5 General: The Wisest Thoth

Comments

• itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,086
    edited August 28
    ZioSerpe wrote: »
    Trife88 wrote: »
    I read many shit post stating she doesn't look like a Street Fighter character. I don't even know what the hell that means. Then you have the dumb asses opening up their his story books trying to tell others if she's Egyptian or not.

Well the orb is kinda used as an installation, and I can't remember any other character in SF having those, that's more of an anime trope. Just playing Devil's advocate here.
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    "Top" player like alucard cant even react to Laura dash cancels
    What the fuck is this shit

no one can react, I remember a study explaining how it is not possible to react to that, is just that you know is coming so you press stuff.

100% you can react to it
    It's 22 frames and has a distinct audio queue
  • TrenchCoatJonesTrenchCoatJones Joined: Posts: 445
    Jwong about to get eliminated
    XBL Ooklathemok3
    PSN Girthedestroyer
    SFV ID Ozzy_Booty
  • TrenchCoatJonesTrenchCoatJones Joined: Posts: 445
    I guess not. Lol
    XBL Ooklathemok3
    PSN Girthedestroyer
    SFV ID Ozzy_Booty
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,900
    Capture.JPG

Exclusive Sagat sneak peak.
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,692 mod
    edited August 28

The one thing they'd probably need to figure out is what kind of V-trigger to give Rose since Menat's is basically a better Soul Sattelite.

Soul Illusion, aka Sougenmu before Zero ever cried.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • SilvaSilva Joined: Posts: 113
    They don't take the full time for maintenance anymore.

Also.. Guys, is it true Blazblu requires real money to unlock colors?

yes all asw games charge you top dollar for colours

No, they dont, you use an in-game currency to unlock colors from the extra menu. At least for GG I haven't played the new BB So I can't speak on that.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,690
    Pr rog mad salty about losing to Alex Myers.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • YorKeYYorKeY Binary Mode [ON] I'm pretty much the boss of SRK. Joined: Posts: 7,246
    I read many shit post stating she doesn't look like a Street Fighter character. I don't even know what the hell that means. Then you have the dumb asses opening up their his story books trying to tell others if she's Egyptian or not.

Just ignore them, they're the same old men who said " Ingrid is too anime, and is the worst SF design ever " when I requested her before SFV was even revealed. Now they want her in the game.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,574
    Alucard doing his best @Evil Canadian impersonation
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,086
    These commentators
    Plz
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,364 mod
    he's trash, can't confirm cr.mk and his AA game is nonexistant
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 976
    ZioSerpe wrote: »

Well the orb is kinda used as an installation, and I can't remember any other character in SF having those, that's more of an anime trope. Just playing Devil's advocate here.
    "Top" player like alucard cant even react to Laura dash cancels
    What the fuck is this shit

no one can react, I remember a study explaining how it is not possible to react to that, is just that you know is coming so you press stuff.

100% you can react to it
    It's 22 frames and has a distinct audio queue

You think you can because you are expecting you know it as a possibility so you are prepared for it to happen, but it was something about our brain not being fast enough to process the informations of a dash up throw fast enough. I don't fucking remember the actual science, but those were science people doing science people stuff.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,520
    Sometimes Myers has these glimpses of genius.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,747
    People used to complain about Ryus CA, then you look at (top 5 character) Karin, pretty much kills you every time. Balance.
    Damn Abigail, even on dropped combo. That damage.
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,126
    People used to complain about Ryus CA, then you look at (top 5 character) Karin, pretty much kills you every time. Balance.

That was absolutely something I hated about her in S1, but didn't the damage on it get nerfed?
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,215
    Any educated guess on the Abigail-Cammy matchup? Looks like a 7-3 at least..

Looks like he does has a purpose in life.
  • JeromJerom Joined: Posts: 1,072
    Someone needs to tell Strider to neutral jump that giant flip. Abby cant use that to get in atleast not for free
    CFN: Jeromy
    gief abby
  • MonpochiMonpochi Gallery Dweller | Casual FG fan Joined: Posts: 135
    edited August 28
    I don't see any similarities between this thing from a dead game and Maynet. I think you're being stereotypical towards our Egyptian Goddess!!
    And Menat with Viola too.

Someone linked combo videos of Viola in GAF and unless they totally have the same functions, hits and shebang (I am not the most technical of FG followers, sorry) the only commonality they have is the crystal ball, coz Bae-nat here is doing some legit Rhythmic Gymnastics (which I LOVE) and Viola ain't.

"When people say evolution is a theory I just yell SO IS GRAVITY and then I push them out of a window."
    - teaorcoffee

Stuff I did :3 ... > http://matsunoki.deviantart.com
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 9,326
    javert wrote: »

I knew that MU was gonna be shit from the start.

Thank god I main Kolin now.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • SkieghSkiegh I am Ryudo Unit 2R Joined: Posts: 436
    edited August 28
    Credit where credits due, Menat looks good. The first character of the DLC pack which I find to (at least from the footage we have) be both interesting in gameplan design and also done well visually. Sometimes I think whoever Capcom outsources these models/animations from works based on how hard he gets while working (Though some of Ed's animtions are nice). That aside, any other footage of her yet besides the trailer? Even if her base gameplan seems fun, I worry about it being arbitrarily difficult to perform or setup -- something which can easily bring a fun character into gimmick town.
  • JeromJerom Joined: Posts: 1,072
    Good job to Punk. I dont want to see Laura winning any more tournaments
    CFN: Jeromy
    gief abby
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,138 admin
    Calling @Preppy

Does this mean the page cap has gone to 1k or are we still ending on page 500?
    The loose plan is to cap at about 25,000 posts in a thread. So 1k in the current world order.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• BeekmeerBeekmeer Joined: Posts: 334
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    javert wrote: »

I knew that MU was gonna be shit from the start.

Thank god I main Kolin now.

The Kolin/Abigail matchp is still pretty rough for me, but landing a parry on one of his armor break punches is easily one of he best feeling parries in the game.
    CFN: Beekmeer
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,313
    Alucard doing his best "Evil Canadian" impersonation

why what did he do

I am not a bigot and a homophobe like him!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,508 mod
    The reason people are happy about meant is its the 1st character that has been announced correctly and in a timely fashion, plus its a female that adds something different to the game. And for as different as abigail, ed and kolin are they didn't really add anything new. Kolin is a fresh take but she is pretty stereotypical blonde hair blue eye's, followed up by another... blonder hair blue eyes, followed up by a grunge like character.

Meant is refreshingly new, came at a time right before the hype of abi starts to wear off, announced and delivered with in less than a week.

All that is great. Now granted if marvel didn't drop in about 3 weeks I don't think we would have gotten meant until End of sept at the earliest. But someone at capcom has good enough sense to know that even for all the flack that iMarvel is getting, once it drops its going to have the attention of the FGC until Dec and capcom cup.

What I hope is that Mid nov we see the final season 2 character and after capcom cup in Dec we get the trailer for season 3 (super Streetfighter) and the 1st season 3 character is available early (like January)

Capcom has to make some smart choices come feb, not for the hardcore FGC but the casuals, which they cannot afford to lose to DBFZ. So either they drop Season 3 stuff ahead of it, or around the same time....or wait it out and drop in march. (which I think they just might do)

The question is which DLC characters do they use, or do they use the power of SF5.....?

I feel like the smart thing to do would be to release the trailer for the Xmen DLC pack at capcom cup and release it before Late January before DBFZ drops, the world wide popularity of Dragonball is to great for them to try and take on after the fact. From a casual standpoint the game is going to do numbers, the FGC will determine if it has legs..... and unless its found to be extremely basic or busted...its going to be a problem for fighters the 1st quarter.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,447
    Man Black Manta looks LAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEE
    Manta...

Looks cool!!!!!!
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,663
    edited August 28
    Yeah, Black Manta looks pretty underwhelming. Especially when you think about what might be gear abilities.

I'm super excited for Hellboy though. Recently saw both of those movies and have become a fan of the character.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero There is no function this teacher can't handle. Joined: Posts: 3,116
    edited August 28
    I liked Black Manta design when I saw him as a kid. I just wasn't sure... who the hell he was supposed to be at the time, partially because I wasn't much of a comic book reader back in the day. All I knew that he was a villain.

Starfire got me lit however.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Whip, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Jin [Xiaoyu, Eliza, M. Raven, Lee, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??? (Cammy, Menat, Ryu, Bison, Ibuki)
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• YorKeYYorKeY Binary Mode [ON] I'm pretty much the boss of SRK. Joined: Posts: 7,246
    lol

Maxshillian is playing Skull Girls.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

YorKeY wrote: »
    lol

Maxshillian is playing Skull Girls.

My greatest disappointment in the marvel subforum here on srk is that its a secret den of Maximillian supporters

shame on all of them!!!!!!!!!
    Alucard doing his best "Evil Canadian" impersonation

why what did he do

I am not a bigot and a homophobe like him!!!!!!!!!!!

He was bodying people with Abigail at AB8. He ended up finishing 3rd. He had Alex Myers on tilt. He didn't know what to do.
  • Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,319
    why the fuck can i not cyclone birdie's fucking garbage
    dudes chucking plasma at me and i dont care but this fat limey sack of shit can toss litter in my face and i gotta hold it
    fasjklfhalghglkuaehgaul
    salt overdose right now
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then