I really want to play but I have a disability

BagguetteanatorBagguetteanator Joined: Posts: 1
I tried games like GG UMVC3 and SFV but I have never been able to get inputs like QCF consistently. I tend to end up either going past the forward gate into up-forward or going too slow. Does anyone have tips for things like hand positions body mechanics and the other human factors of the inputs? (If it helps I'm using a Hori Hori Mini 4 stick)

Comments

• MaravillaMaravilla Joined: Posts: 243
    What's your disability?
  • DaikathDaikath Reborn Sega Fanboy Joined: Posts: 61
    Ben Heck made a special adapted arcade cabinet designed for someone who only has one hand. You can see Ben Heck make it in this video.

But you can see it in use in this video. It puts the two button for Rampage on the lever for the joystick. A rig wich would be more difficult for 6 button fighters. But not impossible maybe.

And of course brolylegs who plays with his face, using his mouth to control the dpad and his tongue to control the buttons (or so I assume).

Do either disabilities fit yours? They are the two examples I know of.
  • TKRTKR Inventor of Toe Socks Joined: Posts: 212
    Don't forget Wheels from KI.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 559
    Wow that Brolylegs guy is amazing! New fan here....
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • 2KTep2KTep Joined: Posts: 101
    edited September 8
    "I have never been able to get inputs like QCF consistently. I tend to end up either going past the forward gate into up-forward or going too slow. "

Do you have dyspraxia? Usually people with dyspraxia have trouble doing activity that requires fine & gross motor skills.They also affect social skills because they have problems using their mouth & tongue to produce speech

The QCF motion requires fine motor skill. That means you are using your hand to do the motion. Maybe it's your brain having problems with coordinating a finger movement.

Maybe a physical therapy or occupational therapy would probably help you. They do motor skill training designed to help you language, movement & listening skills.
    MvCi : (X/Iron Man/Space), (Cap/Iron Man/Reality)
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,277 admin
    edited September 8
    Have you tried out a Hitbox? It's possible that for your needs an alternate input device might be helpful.

https://www.hitboxarcade.com/

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."