Code Vein, The No Affinity thread edition

HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノJoined: Posts: 23,782
Code_vein.png

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/code-vein
Code Vein[a] is an upcoming action role-playing video game being developed by Shift and to be published by Bandai Namco Entertainment for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. It is set in a post-apocalyptic dystopia with vampire themes, including "gifts" from the consumption of blood, and other supernatural abilities. The game was announced in April 2017, and is expected to be released in 2018.

Now the game is saved y'all.
You can thank me sending psn cards via pm :coffee:

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
( •_•)>⌐■-■
IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
"Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
( •_•)
( ಠ_ಠ)
( ಥ_ಥ)

Comments

• MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 6
    Oh yeah you know I'm on board with it. VAMPIRES, folks. When it comes to badass supernatural shit, that's the real deal... the lore has always been a goldmine of material for games, though few developers ever bother with it (either because they're uncertain of things or just downright unimaginative; there's also a certain hugely popular stupid ass goddamn book series that became a terrible movie series that basically RUINED the goddamn image of the vampire in pop culture.) until recently with this and the upcoming Vampyr (also PS4/X1/PC). I've been watching this one like a hawk ever since the first announcement of it. Whatever special edition there is... I want that too. At least for me, this and the other game I mentioned are "a big fuckin' deal" as Joe Biden would say. They are SO goddamn bought.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    Pertho wrote: »
    Why do we need two threads for this?

Plus the other one has been sunk for some reason.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,899
    Cause we're not posting in Affinity's thread so we can minimize the anti-hype.
    The anti-hype is real.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,847
    edited September 6
    Iduno wrote: »

Because the shittiest poster here keeps making threads which completely kill hype for new games by shilling the fuck out of them.

Gal is misunderstood and people want to talk about this game without feeding the kind hearted gaming enthusiast.

if anyone is a troll here that would be ostracizers like you and whoever brings up the antihype gimmick.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,928
    I want to reply but I know better.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,928
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Wait, affinity is a dude now?

Not sure, always heard it's a chick. But I know that nobody cares unless tits are involved.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,899
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Wait, affinity is a dude now?

Everyone on the Internets is a male
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,169 mod
    I probably need to go through a bunch of threads to sort out what was sunk and what wasn't. Outside of that, do not make duplicate threads just because a member you don't like made the OP.

One and only warning you guys are getting on this issue. Outside of that, carry on.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,871

you really want people to participate in affinity's threads?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,585
    Am I the only one who thinks the game looks like trash and the anime faces feel forced in and out of place with the rest of the uninspired artwork?
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They are trying to trick monster hunter scrubs into playing dark souls bro, don't ruin it.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Am I the only one who thinks the game looks like trash and the anime faces feel forced in and out of place with the rest of the uninspired artwork?

I'm sure you're not. Lots of people have ridiculously exaggerated opinions.

someone with that ugly trash Seinfeld guy for an avatar has no right saying something else 'looks like trash'.

uninspired? so ugly western inspired art and typical rough looking european faces is the only art you accept? that's racisms towards anything anime.
    I'm sure you're the type that think South Park art looks better, subsconsciously influenced by patriotic insanity (the very thing that generates weeb labeling and xenophobic reactions and rejections towards anything anime or asian developed.)

then there's the deranged toilet hat wearing psychos out there that get butthurt everytime a game makes it possible to even make "good" looking characters,
    which anime has higher potential of providing, unlike cruddy western artstyles

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/06/code-vein-is-more-than-anime-dark-souls-a-ign-first

the unjustified criticisms of Code Vein's art, just goes to show the misguided expectations of some thinking every soulsborne inspired game should follow soulsborne art direction and western art glorification style.

and there is anime that has enviornments that look more "realistic" than the character designs themselves. but they still blend well even with the face detail of said characters is not at the level or style of the enviornments themselves. out of all the comments and criticisms Code Vein has around different sites elsewhere, not one commented about the anime faces looking out of place with the rest of the art. They are focused on whether the a.i. will be better than the early build presented.

any criticisms towards the faces were only from racists that don't respect anime in general, and only give Japanese games a pass if they look like a western developer made it. That's how xenophobic some loud westerners are, anime art is always picked on and criticized in the west only by the xenophobic masses. "uninspired". hogwash, if anything is uninspired it would be art that follows the western mudhole of art direction.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/code-vein
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 884
    Does this game have waifus?
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,836
    Bro Im like the Professor on washing bread, nothing better than a crisp clean wet slice of bread to perfectly compliment a pbj sandwich.

Clean carbs or no carbs
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    there is never enough anime, and there's no edgy anime with a formula like this.

overall the soulsborne fanbase should not be ungrateful. soulsborne is a young genre, and Code Vein is extremely refreshing from all the Street Fighter, Tomb Raider, and Dragon Quest clones out there.

would Code Vein be more accepted as a Monster Hunter? depends, but overall this is Soulsborne done right, unlike that worthless Nioh game, Code Vein is made for more kinds of people and better creativity and taste in design. plus vampiric role with character creation is very rare.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    The dislike ratio on that video plus the comments are interesting.

Seems like some people don't like that it's a blatant Souls Like and wish they would do something more original. Others feel that the character designs are out of place, they feel they can't understand who the game is supposed to be for. Which frankly, I don't understand. There's plenty of edgy anime with character designs like this, but oh well

Filthy gaijins i tell you.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)