Code Vein, The No Affinity thread edition

Comments

• TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,709
    hearing someone say 'soulsborne' made me gag.

game seems fine.
    they saw the international success of the souls series and want to replicate it with their own take on that style.
    doing something which has been done before is fine.
    obviously the look is divisive. rather that than undefined and bland.
    Play more.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    I'm talking about the Japanese commenters on that video. Japanese gamers are saying those things.

Then illiterate nipons #shrug
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,789
    affinity wrote: »
    soulsborne is a young genre

I love Dark Souls but it's not it's own genre.

Dark Souls is a Barbarian2-like
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

Currently Playing: Vampire: TMB, Lost Odyssey, Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,586
    Abbachio wrote: »

I wonder how many people in this thread even know that game.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,929
    Abbachio wrote: »

I wonder how many people in this thread even know that game.

Not many people here had a Commodore 64, Amiga, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Atari ST, BBC Micro, MSX, Acorn Electron or even a MS Dos Machine int eh Mid 80s.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,900
    We had a Commodore 64 and a MS Dos Machine when I was a kid.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Hey I don't except many people here to know what a Commodore 64 even is. And here you are, grew up with one.
    :tup:
    I played Barbarian1 back in the day, i never knew there was a second game :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,900
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Hey I don't except many people here to know what a Commodore 64 even is. And here you are, grew up with one.
    :tup:
    I told you man, you aren't that much older then me.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited September 12
    Hecatom wrote: »
    I played Barbarian1 back in the day, i never knew there was a second game :rofl:

Wasn't as good as the first one anyways. It's a lot like Fist 2 on C64 or MK: Chronicles Sub Zero or Batman Forever, in that they took a popular fighting game at the time and made a "The-fuck-am-I-supposed-to-go?" adventure game out of it. Shit doesn't mix too well in any of those games.
    MK: Shaolin Monks was the shit tho.

Yeah that game is hella good. But that game also had an game engine that didn't have shit to do with the fighting game as far as I know.
    Didn't play any of the 3d MKs though aside from MK4 because they all sucked, so not that sure about that.

In Fist 2 they took the mechanics of International Karate, in Barbarian 2 they took B1's mechanics and Sub Zero and Batman was basically MK3 made into an action adventure and they all sucked ass.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,189
    MK: Shaolin Monks was the shit tho.

Yeah that game is hella good. But that game also had an game engine that didn't have shit to do with the fighting game as far as I know.
    Didn't play any of the 3d MKs though aside from MK4 because they all sucked, so not that sure about that.

In Fist 2 they took the mechanics of International Karate, in Barbarian 2 they took B1's mechanics and Sub Zero and Batman was basically MK3 made into an action adventure and they all sucked ass.

If I am not mistaken the aerial Kombat in that game was then applied to Armageddon. Or Vice Versa, I can't even be bothered to look when Armageddon was released let alone buy the game with actual currency and then boot it up.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,340
    Huh, didn't know MK Shaolin Monks had air combos.
    MK Armageddon, however, it was one of the selling points (and came after SM), so there's that.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,827 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wtf does any of this have to do with Code Vein
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,340
    MK: Shaolin Monks was midways best game. You can't even disagree because you know its true.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,847
    Great features!! Code Vein has player protagonist done right due to its customization options, and character creation like that should be standard for all games ^.^ It should be the minimum standard at least. it'll sure get more people interested

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/code-vein-character-customization-gameplay

angelpalm wrote: »
    Can you make your character actually look black or some other non-ANIME race??

Is that possible because if not.

There are pictures on the previous page of dark skinned player characters already
    Why would characters in video games have to be customizable as a baseline?
    Imagine Goro Majima running around like a fucking Tekken 7 online clown or Gerald from the Witcher looking like a fat slob with neon green hair...
    I know this is a new concept to you, Affinity since you're pants on head retarded, but character design says a lot about a character without you even actively noticing and a main character designed with intention and purpose does a lot in order to tell a proper story.

Usually the games with customizable main characters have those characters being the weakest link in the character lineup and being the most forgettable.
    Just think about Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout etc. heck even the silent protagonist usually sucks donkey balls in JRPGs just think Persona 4, or Breath of Fire 3.

I hope they build off Dark Soul's strengths though in being able to tell a cool story that can be interpreted in many ways through locations, items and enemies and the lore surrounding those.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,930
    Why would characters in video games have to be customizable as a baseline?
    Imagine Goro Majima running around like a fucking Tekken 7 online clown or Gerald from the Witcher looking like a fat slob with neon green hair...
    I know this is a new concept to you, Affinity since you're pants on head retarded, but character design says a lot about a character without you even actively noticing and a main character designed with intention and purpose does a lot in order to tell a proper story.

Usually the games with customizable main characters have those characters being the weakest link in the character lineup and being the most forgettable.
    Just think about Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout etc. heck even the silent protagonist usually sucks donkey balls in JRPGs just think Persona 4, or Breath of Fire 3.

I hope they build off Dark Soul's strengths though in being able to tell a cool story that can be interpreted in many ways through locations, items and enemies and the lore surrounding those.

I'd argue that there are more forgettable characters in Mass Effect than Shepard, but really Commander Shepard is only as memorable as you want him/her to be.

Case in point:Jacob, Kaidan, and Samara.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    Here posted again without Assffinity bullshit.

No need to thank me :tup:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Also el oh el @affinity thinking the generic anime faced customization is so deep because you can change the color and angle of your fanny packs and pouches.

bch prz
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    angelpalm wrote: »
    "The goal for the character design in Code Vein was to not make it too cartoony or anime..."

Goal Failed

If you listen to what he said the NEXT thing he talks about is things like shading, so I think he moreso meant the visual feel of the art and rendering, not the physical character models
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 14
    Stfu weeb
    nice avatar WEEB!!!
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Here posted again without Assffinity bullshit.

No need to thank me :tup:

What you are talking about?
    You are the only one who posted this.
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 2,073
    Code Vein - TGS 2017 Boss Fight Demo Gameplay

Code Vein - TGS 2017 Caverns Demo Gameplay

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/eight-minutes-code-vein-tgs-2017-demo-gameplay
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^hell yeah now we're talking. That's a much better trailer to show things off.
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 2,073
    http://gematsu.com/2017/09/code-vein-details-jack-rutherford-eva-roux-weapon-types-queens-knight
    *check out the gallery for weapon screenshots*
    Weapon Types

The game will support different weapons categories such as:
    • One-Hand Swords
    • Two-Hand Swords
    • Bayonet
    • Halberd
    • Great Hammer

Every category features different Weapon Actions.
    They can be slower / faster, more / less damaging, long / short distant attacks, and have different side effects and animations depending on the player and the weapon used.