PSA: Equifax hacked

2»

Comments

• Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    And none of them will see jail time nor will any reform be passed.

America, isn't it great?

Muh regulations gonna ruin Murica!
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,863
    Baltimore law firm leads class-action lawsuit against Equifax

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/baltimore-law-firm-leads-class-action-lawsuit-against-equifax/12254125?utm_campaign=WBALTV&utm_content=59bc973804d30154a6ce20c3&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=trueAnthem:+New+Content
    "Equifax failed to secure the data of millions, perhaps billions of people -- your data, my data, everybody who has a credit card or ever applied for credit -- their data is out in the open for everybody to use," attorney Billy Murphy said.

Among other things, the lawsuit alleges Equifax discovered the breach as early as July 29 chose not to notify consumers and instead tried to find out the extent of the problem by contracting a third-party cybersecurity firm.

It also alleges that Equifax concealed the breaches from the public so that three of its executives could sell shares of stock worth a combined $1.8 million.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,255
    She's the scapegoat. The CEOs are the ones that actually need their asses kicked.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I doubt anything significant will happen to any of them. Remember how laughably stupid the American justice system is. There's no reason to ever have faith in it, seriously.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So go to each site and request to freeze ?
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,442
    Read that Reddit thread I posted page 1. It also suggest freezing 2 other branch.
    =============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

• JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,222
    Freeze everything. See if you can get into the lawsuit.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 1,092
    I'll assume that taking out student loans for the past 4 years puts me at risk.

I have a defeatist mentality but I'll freeze my credit and hope for the best.
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,874
    How much money would we get from the lawsuit? Like $100?
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    How much money would we get from the lawsuit? Like $100?

I once got $1400 from a class action suit when a Bank decided to fuck me over.
    and there was a couple of thousand that gotten payment.
    OH ok, I need to get on that some how... Wonder why not the 150,000,000 Americans are in the clas action already
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    OH ok, I need to get on that some how... Wonder why not the 150,000,000 Americans are in the clas action already

Because how fucked you are, checking Equifax if you are effected or not is a coin flip.
    And once you checked, Equifax has your Info if when ever they are hacked again.
    Because typical 'murricans are too busy with their social media bullshit to take a second and realize the full gravity of the situation? Also, look at the media, if its not about the storm, then its about Trump administration etc. You'd have to be in the tech sector to realize what has happened.
    There is enough accounts compromised that you could give a country like South Africa a whole new identity. Pretty nuts imo.
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What the motherfuck are you talking about?

Equifax has been non-stopped reported on since the story broke. Just this morning I read three separate stories of it in the Times, WSJ, and WaPo.

Fix where you get your sources from instead of blaming the newspapers for your oversight.
    This is offensive.
    U right; been binge watching Mr. Robot lately. Meh, Congress hearing is sometime next month, will tune in like a fukin hawk on that one.

edited September 19
    U right; been binge watching Mr. Robot lately. Meh, Congress hearing is sometime next month, will tune in like a fukin hawk on that one.

Until every Senator and Congressmen realizes they are all also just as fucked as the rest of us.
    Being Rich does not mean you don't have a credit history, you just have a higher ceiling on your credit limit.
    Yup. So, will the markets tank because of this?
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,222
    Prob not. Prob settle this out of court and a few people will get to see some cash, and equifax will just offer free credit checking for a few months or some dumb shit, and everything will return as per the status quo.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/equifax-security-breach-earlier-year-49960150

So apparently there was an earlier minor incident on the other division of Equifax and potentially 100k canadian PIIs may have been exposed now.
    October 3rd is the Congress hearing; mark yer calendar kids.
    giphy.gif

• Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,953 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/equifax-security-breach-earlier-year-49960150

So apparently there was an earlier minor incident on the other division of Equifax and potentially 100k canadian PIIs may have been exposed now.
    October 3rd is the Congress hearing; mark yer calendar kids.
    giphy.gif

Can't wait to be disappointed when no charges will ever be made.
2»