The Official Season 2017-18 NBA Thread: Cavs are a lottery team

Comments

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,289
    I mean in the context of paying for a brand new venue, not just upgrading one. The Packers were able to upgrade Lambeau by selling additional shares that don't actually give voting power to the owner, but it worked.

I mean same dollar amount though. The garden is old as shit. Those upgrades cost as much as the cowboys stadium.

I marvel at greenbays "stock" situation. I had a coworker who had shares but if I remember correctly she had no power to actually sell them or some weird shit. People just buy them just because.

MSG is weird though because some of the stadium I guess can be considered public works with Penn station and what not. Iirc the garden hasn't paid taxes in a few decades.

I'm with you though fuck the most of these billionaires.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,289
    On the basketball front though. I was wrong about kyrie. I laughed at ppl who said he was top 10 but there is no doubt now. Although it's early he and horford are legit mvp candidates.

"I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,783
    9ReRvb8.jpg

Good shit Geo. I went to college with Whiteside and it's cool to see part of the Herd thrive in the NBA.
    Reading through the portis drama in Chicago.. every picture of Mirosnitch makes me want to punch him. He has that face you just wanna knock the fuck out. I'm sure other Bulls folks wanted to punch him at one time or another, portis just did it.
    Reading through the portis drama in Chicago.. every picture of Mirosnitch makes me want to punch him. He has that face you just wanna knock the fuck out. I'm sure other Bulls folks wanted to punch him at one time or another, portis just did it.

Fuck, let's go for it. Better than Chriss who leads the league in techs with nothing to show for it.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,456
    edited November 9
    Edit: wrong thread.

Tell Vanilla to get a delete function.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    @xEGAxBeastkingx So about that #SarverOut campaign, the GoFundMe posted this a couple days ago...
    #SarverOut Fam,

I'm afraid I have some bad news to deliver. Today at 2:00 PM I received a call from our Clear Channel rep saying they will not run the billboards. Keep in mind I had already paid for it, submitted the designs, and we were in the 11th hour.

After speaking with the Regional President, she informed me there was a change in Corporate policy 9-12 months ago not allowing "attack ads". Hmm, really? #SarverOut is considered an attack ad? SMH. It's very ironic that Clear Channel ran this "attack ad" 8 months ago. http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/08/sign-of-discontent-outside-tesla/amp/

So where does this leave us? I'm currently in the process of getting a refund and working on reaching out to other advertising companies. I just did an interview with ABC 15 and hope to speak with other media outlets.

My personal opinion is the Suns had some offline talks with the higher ups at Clear Channel to not run the ad. Tweet, Facebook, Instagram, and user every other type of social media to get the unprofessional dealings of Clear Channel exposed.

This is only a road block to getting your voice heard and rest assured I'll work tirelessly to achieve our objective. #SarverOut
    edited November 9
    Psychoblue wrote: »

Fuck, let's go for it. Better than Chriss who leads the league in techs with nothing to show for it.

Naw fam you want the shooter not the one who gets shot. Mirosnitch is team poison.. none of the players have his back
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,596
    @xEGAxBeastkingx So about that #SarverOut campaign, the GoFundMe posted this a couple days ago...
    #SarverOut Fam,

I'm afraid I have some bad news to deliver. Today at 2:00 PM I received a call from our Clear Channel rep saying they will not run the billboards. Keep in mind I had already paid for it, submitted the designs, and we were in the 11th hour.

After speaking with the Regional President, she informed me there was a change in Corporate policy 9-12 months ago not allowing "attack ads". Hmm, really? #SarverOut is considered an attack ad? SMH. It's very ironic that Clear Channel ran this "attack ad" 8 months ago. http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/08/sign-of-discontent-outside-tesla/amp/

So where does this leave us? I'm currently in the process of getting a refund and working on reaching out to other advertising companies. I just did an interview with ABC 15 and hope to speak with other media outlets.

My personal opinion is the Suns had some offline talks with the higher ups at Clear Channel to not run the ad. Tweet, Facebook, Instagram, and user every other type of social media to get the unprofessional dealings of Clear Channel exposed.

This is only a road block to getting your voice heard and rest assured I'll work tirelessly to achieve our objective. #SarverOut

Wow. They may have just riled a fire under the Suns fanbase with this. If they're really putting this much work in trying to block this billboard I won't be surprised if something more noticeable ends up being made.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    edited November 9
    #SarverOut Fam,

Wow. They may have just riled a fire under the Suns fanbase with this. If they're really putting this much work in trying to block this billboard I won't be surprised if something more noticeable ends up being made.

Yeah, this is some totalitarian nonsense going on right here. Remember when the city of Charlotte wanted Shinn's blood when he was accused of kidnapping and raping a woman, and the pressure forced him to move the team to NO? I don't think it'll get to that point but this could be even more of a PR nightmare than the last few days have been especially with ESPN putting the entire organization on blast in ways that I have never seen them do from any other team in any sport short of them doing something ridiculous like covering up a criminal charge.

There are other garbage teams like the Kings, but at least the FO clearly cares about the fans and the city. This just makes it look like that Sarver only gives a shit about himself.
    Post edited by Psychoblue on
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,532
    God damn that second half sounded ugly missed the game due to work, but Capela is a beast.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,051
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    Another L for the Cavs.

enhanced-buzz-1212-1426277573-14.jpg

What a time to be alive.

Kyrie rn
    giphy.gif

Harden put Green on skates lmao

#prayforGreen
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 10
    Good shit Clint. LOL lebron. Wall got that revenge game and that open 3 Airball from Ball was too sweet.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,961 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chuck is spot on again

Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

• GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Goatside ready for hatin' ass Gobert.
    Whiteside has 17 rebounds and Gobert has 9. Fucking omelette du fromage French muhfucka, you deserve all of this.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,044 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man if only Marcus Smart could shoot.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001

Waiters does this every night. Suns fans saw this a couple nights ago. And a lot of teams saw it last season, including the Rockets and Warriors during Miami's 13 straight wins.

I don't know how Waiters constantly plays like ass for most of a game and then he just morphs into Kobe in crunch time. It's the most amazing shit I've ever seen.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,051
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Man if only Marcus Smart could shoot.

IF ONLY THE HORNETS COULD GET A FUCKING FIELD GOAL IN THE 4TH QUARTER

ffs

once again those bums choked on dicks blowing a double digit lead smfh
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    It's little past 6 am and when I got to that "I hope it's career ending" tweet I choked on my morning breathe. It's too early for this damn shit mannnn.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man boston no longer annoy me. They are now more watchable since they no longer have to rely on isiah(drive and flail my petite body and hope for a call every time I shoot) thomas for offense. Respecting brad for his defensive plays.

Now if only smart could stop those dramatic flops.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
    Suns are back churning out Ls but at least Alex Len is grabbing 10+ boards a night and is now in the Top 10 all-time in career blocks for the team.

Yaaaay.
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,313
    4 day break in the schedule for the Grizz...been fiending to watch a game i actually give a fuk about. hopefully they will make it 3-0 w HOU tonight
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,770
    edited November 11

Lol these guys are screwed. Good thing they didn't do it in north Korea. Lavar gonna disown him at this point
    Post edited by kimterran on
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • Strike_PrimeStrike_Prime 440,000,000 bounty Joined: Posts: 2,563
    Liangelo is done. Lavar about to disown him and pray to everything holy that lamelo doesn't fuck up.

And fuck Rudy Gobert.
    I play Yu-Gi-Oh
    AV by savaii64
    Seeing that tweet...

Nerf twitter.
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 304
    Dion Waiters is trash, that was intentional. And I'm not even a Utah fan. But Gobert should have got up and punched his ass in the back of the head.
    How tf you let Porzingis drop 30+ in 14 minutes....
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,044 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Liangelo is done. Lavar about to disown him and pray to everything holy that lamelo doesn't fuck up.

Nah I'm sure Lamelo will end up beating some niggas' ass before long.

I doubt any of those boys can fight growing up in the middle of suburbia with people so white they make Mr Rodgers look like a minority.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,063
    Lonzo is probably gonna be the all time leader in blocks by a PG. Dude has a knack for playing team defense even if his one on one game is suspect. I expect to see more of this on the future once he gets a little bigger and older.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,063
    kimterran wrote: »

Lol these guys are screwed. Good thing they didn't do it in north Korea. Lavar gonna disown him at this point

Is there an official video of him ACTUALLY doing anything? So far I just hear people saying he did it with bo official video. I am still holding out on him being innocent until then.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
    They really need to find a way to get Dotson some meaningful minutes. Maybe dropping Beasley out of the rotation and splitting that time between Thomas and Dot. Dude has been instant offense every game he's seen the floor but it's always been garbage time.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21383210/lebron-james-says-dennis-smith-jr-dallas-mavericks-knick

I know Smith is Lebrons boy but I don't see what he's trying to accomplish here. Good on Kanter for stepping up for the French Prince.

8 teams passed on Smith and with this small sample size, all teams but Boston with the Tatum pick made a "mistake".

Hope the Knicks cook the Cavs again for this nonsense....
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 12
    charlie88 wrote: »
    kimterran wrote: »

Is there an official video of him ACTUALLY doing anything? So far I just hear people saying he did it with bo official video. I am still holding out on him being innocent until then.

...ok. maybe it was just a mistake, and china is realllllllly overreacting.

china's legal system ain't america. "innocent" ain't likely if it goes to trial:

"Not guilty is unheard of," Wong says. "American people think the systems will be the same. The Chinese government doesn't function that way. When they reach a trial, they believe that the investigation is already over, and they're really only talking about how punishment will be rendered. We don't understand that. It's more like the French inquisition there."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743394-experts-on-liangelo-balls-murky-legal-situation-after-arrest-in-china

chances are politics keep him out of jail, but if i'm overseas, i'm not committing any crimes in a country that still carries out shooting executions.
    O_o
    I thought before the season started that DSJ was probably going to be RotY. His slow start + Ben Simmons being on another level probably derailed that, but Smith is going to be elite.

I honestly have no idea how the Mavs are at the bottom of the West.