"All are equal in death" - Jedah Dohma thread

DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo systemJoined: Posts: 57,350 mod
edited September 19 in Jedah Dohma
aiBoPmN.png

Chris G's Team Darkstalkers concept video

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Comments

• RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 864
    Jedah is awesome! :)
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,996 mod
    So, when you get the corner carry, super, into df+LK xx qcb+LP, what's the best follow up to allow for mixups/shenanigans when you don't have meter for another super/don't want to spend meter?
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,660
    d3v wrote: »
    So, when you get the corner carry, super, into df+LK xx qcb+LP, what's the best follow up to allow for mixups/shenanigans when you don't have meter for another super/don't want to spend meter?

TK QCF HK/LK into tag. LP/HP QCF into tag. Those are the ones I've been looking into in the lab. Air QCB HK is also useful to set things up.

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    edited September 24
    Right now, I'm actually not going for the OTG after the super, instead I'm looking at tag into Ultron QCF+LP, and then starting drone lockdown shenanigans (if I tag early, I can even sneak in a Reality Stone surge before the beam).
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,099
    I think the best corner oki I've seen so far post hit-grab is lp pinwheel and be ready to backdash hk if they roll toward you.
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Crazy how dead these boards are
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,898

Can't say for sure but I think a lot of stuff has moved to discord.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,350 mod
    Yeah Discord and social media. Plus it took a while for them to put up the character threads any way.

@NoChart What was the notations for that combo you were referring to with Jedah in Time Storm?

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,873
    Jedah things

Theres timestamps in the tips vid since some of it is just covering basic specials. Found some nasty stuff like a instant left and right mixup, at the same time. Mixup vid is about scytheball, other mixups in tips vid.
    edited September 27
    Jedah things

You made a mistake in the notation on the description where you list qcf+HP, instead of HK.

Also, you probably should note that cancelling the LK pinwheel into pinwheel super early might not get them to the corner in a way that they can combo into scythe ball. Did that one too many times when going from corner to corner where I was barely in range to get the OTG with cr.LK, but the qcb+LP wouldn't hit.
    Post edited by d3v on
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,873
    d3v wrote: »
    Jedah things

You made a mistake in the notation on the description where you list qcf+HP, instead of HK.

Also, you probably should note that cancelling the LK pinwheel into pinwheel super early might not get them to the corner in a way that they can combo into scythe ball. Did that one too many times when going from corner to corner where I was barely in range to get the OTG with cr.LK, but the qcb+LP wouldn't hit.

Oops ill fix the notation then.

Although you shouldn't cancel lk pinwheel into super at all, you let it recover then super that's part of what makes that combo always corner to corner!!!!

so ill also note in teh vid dont be a dummy and super cancel it.
  • kaos_overdrive1kaos_overdrive1 Joined: Posts: 6
    New Fly super jump corner loop
  • MastaSWMastaSW Joined: Posts: 191
    Yeah Discord and social media. Plus it took a while for them to put up the character threads

Interesting, well that kina suxx. Whatever what's the Discord then? Cause most of these boards do seem dead

It's MAHVEL again baby!!! - Currently finding a Main
    PSN - SNCK916
    There's a link to the discord in the stickied threads on the main subforum.

• JayRuppJayRupp Rival Joined: Posts: 45

I know wtf... This game died before it released. : (
    XBL GT: Jay Rupp
  • Geist_6one7Geist_6one7 Joined: Posts: 4
    edited October 9
    Reset combo concepts. Trying out some slimy high/low setups with a blocked Spirale Divina. Forward roll blows this up a little but you still might catch them off guard with the simultaneous high/low if they come out blocking. Will have to test lockdown vs. jab mash and moves with invulnerability.

Post edited by Geist_6one7 on
    Reset combo concepts. Trying out some slimy high/low setups with a blocked Spirale Divina. Forward roll blows this up a little but you still might catch them off guard with the simultaneous high/low if they come out blocking. Will have to test lockdown vs. jab mash and moves with invulnerability.

This is Marvel, you really shouldn't be basing your setups on knockdown since oki is nearly non-existent due to full invul on roll. You really need to go for something that sets them up standing.
    So I've been experimenting a bit with trying to set up Spirale Divina loops. It seems that anyone with a capture state that leaves them somewhat mid air after it is a good way to set up the loop. Currently using Ultron's QCF+HK into tag (right after, not during the move). This gives Jedah enough time to charge an LP spinner, starting the loop.

The nice thing about this is that you don't need to consume an OTG to start the loop, unlike doing it solo.
  • WarriorBySandWarriorBySand Joined: Posts: 118
    X / Jedah HSD glitch corner to corner

• BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 535
    edited October 20
    Recorded this on the PS4 so quality is probably trash dicks, gonna post in sigma forum too
    Post edited by BallTapper on
    T7: Bryan, Drag, Steve, Oscar
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: Daimon/Joe/Iori
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
    MvCI: Sigma/Jedah/Space, Black Panther/Hulk/Power
    edited October 23
    Decided to focus on Jedah May Cry over learning the DLC characters. Here's a couple of tag combos I have.

EDIT: Just showing that the second combo above is meter positive enough to get another bar for a second hyper for Jedah.
    Post edited by d3v on
  • GuiverGuiver CEO, Guiver Games Joined: Posts: 36
    Never try to live decently - not unless you are willing to open your life to tragedy and sadness. Live like a beast, and no event, no matter how harrowing, will ever be able to move you. - Jova Tarkin
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 535
    T7: Bryan, Drag, Steve, Oscar
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: Daimon/Joe/Iori
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
    MvCI: Sigma/Jedah/Space, Black Panther/Hulk/Power
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    Guys, quick question, how do you play around reality surge spamming?

I really want to play either space or time, but here in south america everyone and their mother play reality, and some of them play ONLY reality, meaning that they just keep surging non-stop.

When I also play reality I can level the field and win, but I'm having the hardest time playing against it with other stones.

Is there a tool that I might be missing? Please help me out.
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
    edited October 30
    With Jedah space and time both aren't bad to deal with reality surge. The easier stone to go with is space stone.

With space stone you can throw out pinwheels which can absorb the reality surges since they have no durability. Otherwise they won't interact with the surge which gives you more time to move behind the pinwheel hit box. A particularly good option is to throw out a charged pinwheel and then use space surge. The space surge has a light armor on it that absorbs reality surges if they get too close. So you can drag them into the pinwheel while using a surge that also eats up the reality balls. Then can tag in partner and go in.

Space Storm is also really good vs reality surge as you can just lock them in a box and bunny hop into them and reflect their reality balls then frame trap them into pressure.

There's also a thread in the main forum for general options against the reality surge. It's like a weaker hidden missiles where people will just have to learn the options to get around it and it'll be easier to deal with. Space and Soul stones are winning almost all of the relevant events lately so it's just something to learn to get around.