Sorcerer's Once More - The Doctor Strange General Discussion Thread

tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortononJoined: Posts: 561
edited October 6 in Doctor Strange
Hello fellow Strange players, it's been a while, but I dare say it was more than worth it.

Despite all the effort everyone of our contributors put in developing his tech, from jump to palm loops, our beloved doctor is looking to be way stronger than he was in Marvel 3, and it is up for us to break him once again.

There are quite few changes, notably that Vishanti's weaker, but in exchange, his normals are actually decent now, he has lows, and the new bolts are just insane, hitting everyone despite of size and leading up to a free combo, for either Strange or his partner.

Strange BNBs as of now:









Anyways, welcome fellow sorcerer's, and let's make Strange shine once more!
Post edited by tortonon on
MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
«1

Comments

  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,350 mod
    He was one of my favorite characters in 3. It's good to see that the new engine and changes allow him to be more complete. I think with the tag system there will be a lot of characters that will be go to as support since they can create multiple projectiles and assist other characters. Strange looks very much like he'll be on a lot of teams as he has the perfect set of projectiles to set up multiple assists for characters like Strider, Dorm or Dante.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    He was one of my favorite characters in 3. It's good to see that the new engine and changes allow him to be more complete. I think with the tag system there will be a lot of characters that will be go to as support since they can create multiple projectiles and assist other characters. Strange looks very much like he'll be on a lot of teams as he has the perfect set of projectiles to set up multiple assists for characters like Strider, Dorm or Dante.

    Fully agreed.

    His toolset further benefits from the not-TOD feel of the game. Add to the free-tag, and during any long-duration supers that will knockdown he can set up shot for either keepaway or mixups, which is really, REALLY good.
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • SonnyMarloSonnyMarlo Joined: Posts: 5
    Not sure why he got Lugz on, but very fun so far
  • maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,748
    edited September 22
    Sup, @tortonon and @DevilJin 01. Missed you guys.

    That being said, I'll just leave this here for you guys to consider:



  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,208
    Found this on Youtube:

    Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    maziodyne wrote: »
    Sup, @tortonon and @DevilJin 01. Missed you guys.

    That being said, I'll just leave this here for you guys to consider:



    Hey Mazio, long time no see my friend. How're things?

    And how fitting that you some how are already linking palms and flames lol.

    I do think that some of the broken stuff in terms of damage will come from fitting the tears of agamotto mid-combo and such... and idk why, but I'm having quite the troubles to do instant-aerial palms. :(

    btw, while we are in the matter, who are you pairing Strange with?
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    CDB2 wrote: »
    Found this on Youtube:

    This is really cool. I was thinking about making a tag-team thread with specific setups... this might be the start of it.
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,748
    edited September 23
    tortonon wrote: »
    Hey Mazio, long time no see my friend. How're things?

    And how fitting that you some how are already linking palms and flames lol.

    I do think that some of the broken stuff in terms of damage will come from fitting the tears of agamotto mid-combo and such... and idk why, but I'm having quite the troubles to do instant-aerial palms. :(

    btw, while we are in the matter, who are you pairing Strange with?

    I'm all good man, thanks for asking! The instant-air palms are done off a short hop. I haven't figured out how to set it up yet. Still trying to get my bearings since it's a new game and Strange feels similar, but so different at the same time.

    As for partners, I'm currently looking into Dante, Jedah, and Dorm. I'm most interested in the first two so I'm learning them by putting them on a team together. In case I'm not really feeling Strange, I'll probably play Dante/Jedah.

    edit: Nvm, Dante/Dorm. Just saw Richard Nguyen play and I'm convinced.

  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    CDB2 wrote: »
    Found this on Youtube:

    This is really cool. I was thinking about making a tag-team thread wi
    maziodyne wrote: »
    tortonon wrote: »
    Hey Mazio, long time no see my friend. How're things?

    And how fitting that you some how are already linking palms and flames lol.

    I do think that some of the broken stuff in terms of damage will come from fitting the tears of agamotto mid-combo and such... and idk why, but I'm having quite the troubles to do instant-aerial palms. :(

    btw, while we are in the matter, who are you pairing Strange with?

    I'm all good man, thanks for asking! The instant-air palms are done off a short hop. I haven't figured out how to set it up yet. Still trying to get my bearings since it's a new game and Strange feels similar, but so different at the same time.

    As for partners, I'm currently looking into Dante, Jedah, and Dorm. I'm most interested in the first two so I'm learning them by putting them on a team together. In case I'm not really feeling Strange, I'll probably play Dante/Jedah.

    edit: Nvm, Dante/Dorm. Just saw Richard Nguyen play and I'm convinced.

    Dorm is borderline insane in this game. I'm running Strange/Tony, trying to make it work.

    I actually needed your comboing wiz to help me out... I'm having tremendous results playing lame with the power stone as the 'commando assist' panic button. However, I just cannot find a way to consistently comboor adapt the stuff I alreay have into the power storm, cause some moves start to bounce when they shouldnt.

    Could you try and help me out? I'm not even looking for a ToD or such, but boy did I need a consistent way to kill mid-storm with either Strange or Iron Man (they both drop they're regular stuff).
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 932
    edited September 23
    Random-ass fact of the day: His level 3 can connect almost fullscreen from bolts.

    https://imgur.com/AzOh0cQ
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    NoChart wrote: »
    Random-ass fact of the day: His level 3 can connect almost fullscreen from bolts.

    https://imgur.com/AzOh0cQ

    Damn, didnt know that was even possible LOL

    Guys, posted a new BNB, using 5 GoH.

    Its a shame we cant loop flames anymore, but god its fun to be able to rekka the graces.


    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • ScarzFXScarzFX Joined: Posts: 29
    edited September 25
    Hey guys. recently got mvci been in the lab with Dr Strange and came up with this combo using multiple tears of agamotto. I know it isnt optimised at all but I still havent properly got down his best combo extenders and such, but maybe you guys can. I feel like a lot more can be done for more damage. It works in the corner and midscreen, but midscreen I can only get 2 tears of agamotto because after the 3rd theyre too far to do anything other than sov super.



    Gamertag: TheScarzEffect
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    ScarzFX wrote: »
    Hey guys. recently got mvci been in the lab with Dr Strange and came up with this combo using multiple tears of agamotto. I know it isnt optimised at all but I still havent properly got down his best combo extenders and such, but maybe you guys can. I feel like a lot more can be done for more damage. It works in the corner and midscreen, but midscreen I can only get 2 tears of agamotto because after the 3rd theyre too far to do anything other than sov super.



    Damn this is STYLISH!

    I'll try and look into it, so we can develop some stuff regarding it. Maybe if you can sneak a red GoH in there, the explosion will bounce the enemy back to the tears of agamotto, and it will followup the combo midscreen I believe.

    Damn I want to leave work to go home and test this! :'(
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • Sensei544Sensei544 Joined: Posts: 8
    Is anyone else having issues with the multiple grace bnbs? I'm finding that most times, the beam sends them away and it's too far to land the tear of agamotto. Is it more of a spacing issue or a timing issue?
  • Riot55Riot55 King Scrub Joined: Posts: 840
    @tortonon and @ScarzFX Do you think you could write out the notation for those combos if you find some time? I'm thinking about learning Strange as a setup/tag in character after I land hits and corner carries into super with Gamora. It really helps me to learn a character to see combos written out so I can grind them out in training in until I get it.

    Any tricky mixups after tagging in as Gamora is hitting enemy with her super? Envisioning the three stone formation thing into the larger triangle as hyper is finishing up, then fireball to start it and teleport behind or double teleport back in front or something. I just really REALLY suck at crazy flight combos so hoping that Strange doesn't have a bunch of midcombo flight cancels on his bnbs.
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    SFV/Competitive CS:GO/Hearthstone
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    Riot55 wrote: »
    @tortonon and @ScarzFX Do you think you could write out the notation for those combos if you find some time? I'm thinking about learning Strange as a setup/tag in character after I land hits and corner carries into super with Gamora. It really helps me to learn a character to see combos written out so I can grind them out in training in until I get it.

    Any tricky mixups after tagging in as Gamora is hitting enemy with her super? Envisioning the three stone formation thing into the larger triangle as hyper is finishing up, then fireball to start it and teleport behind or double teleport back in front or something. I just really REALLY suck at crazy flight combos so hoping that Strange doesn't have a bunch of midcombo flight cancels on his bnbs.

    I'm kind busy at work this week, but come the weekend, ask me again so I'll remind to write them down for you. Better yet, I'll try to compile them all in one big video, and I'll put the notations there.

    Just remind me ok?
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • DrGulagDrGulag Joined: Posts: 271
    @Riot55 I was fooling around with the same concept and you can definitely do lots of nice things after the first loop. Just one example with a teleport but you can tag in another character for instance : ]

    Here is a video with notations www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJCg5tTGFeA

    cr.lk, st.hp, st.hk, f+hp, charge fireball with qcb+lp, qcb+lk, qcb+lk, qcf+lk, qcb+lk, jump j.hp, j.hk ....teleport with dd+hp, cr.hk, cr.hp, jump j.hp, j.hk xx qcf+hk

    After the teleport I did st.hp, st.hk, f+hp, charge fireball with qcb+lp..cancelled dash into qcb+lk, cancelled dash into qcb+lk, jump st.hp, st.hk, teleport with dd+hp...and then cr.hk, dp+hp into normal super. I'm not that good with notations but hopefully that works.


  • morbo82morbo82 Joined: Posts: 4
    Here's a 7.5k damage combo using eye of agamoto and his level 3:


  • Iron_TarkusIron_Tarkus Joined: Posts: 7
    I’be been playing with Ultron/Strange a lot, and was wondering if anyone had advice for the best set up tagging in from Ultron. After doing ultrons bnb into his HK hit grab, I tag into Strange and have plenty of time to set up, but I’m still stugglimg trying to find the most consistent option to cover all escapes. I’ve been doing tag, HP grace x2, dash back, qcb HK, Palm xx HK daggers, tag back to ultron to some degree of success. Any tips on a better set up?
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    I’be been playing with Ultron/Strange a lot, and was wondering if anyone had advice for the best set up tagging in from Ultron. After doing ultrons bnb into his HK hit grab, I tag into Strange and have plenty of time to set up, but I’m still stugglimg trying to find the most consistent option to cover all escapes. I’ve been doing tag, HP grace x2, dash back, qcb HK, Palm xx HK daggers, tag back to ultron to some degree of success. Any tips on a better set up?

    I have the same scenario from Carol/Tony's beam super.

    There is not an inescapable way, but the most safe of them all, at least from the testing I've done, is to simply add to the damage during their beams (you can set up graces during this time for later stuff) and as the opponent is getting knocked down, you just do an EoA right in the middle of the screen, and wait for the enemy's tech to palm-teleport anywhere.

    TP-up gets you the most ambiguous situation, since they can cross themselves up, TP-away gets you to safety and back to neutral if things go south, and TP-HP gets you to other side, so there's that.
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • JadedwolfJadedwolf Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys I'm new and skipped Marvel 3. Can anyone post notations for any BnB's to get me started?
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    Jadedwolf wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm new and skipped Marvel 3. Can anyone post notations for any BnB's to get me started?

    This is the 5-grace combo I posted earlier.

    j.HP LK-HP-HK-Palm xx QCB+HP-HP-HP cr.LK-Palm xx QCF+LP QCB+HP-HP QCB+LK (s.jump) j.LK-HP-Palm-HK xx TeleportHP HP-Palm DP+HP xx Vishanti
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • protatoprotato Joined: Posts: 20
    edited October 6
    Hey all.

    I'm definitely a Doctor Strange main, 100%, was in UMVC3 as well

    Anyways, something I LOVE doing with Doctor Strange is the Spell of Vishanti instant blow ups. I mostly play Mind Stone currently, and having 8 extra bars every match is pretty interesting in neutral game. Anytime an opponent does anything, just SOV on reaction. Maybe it's fraudulent, but it feels nice to punish someone who tries to do anything.

    However, I would love to be able to get more from it.

    Can any characters tag in and then combo straight off of a raw SOV? Can anyone tag in and combo off of a raw SOV if the enemy starts at jump/super jump height? Can anyone 'DHC' after a SOV at the end of a Doctor Strange combo? It feels like SOV just insta-launches them to the ceiling, so most follow up supers whiff. I've been fixing that by just not ending the combo with Strange, and doing SOV second (if I don't want to do a reset instead).

    My guess is that the answer is it requires a character with a teleport. Something like a raw SOV -> tag in Dormammu -> teleport, jHK -> teleport to floor -> do stuff. I haven't had the time to run through the entire cast yet, but it's just something I've been wanting to try.

    I miss the SOV -> xfactor -> insta-death blow ups. I do still heavily prefer Doctor Strange in this game, though.
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,630
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    GhostTear wrote: »

    Great stuff, already put your video on the OP :)
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • JakeJake Summers Family RH Joined: Posts: 422
    edited October 7
    protato wrote: »
    Hey all.

    I'm definitely a Doctor Strange main, 100%, was in UMVC3 as well

    Anyways, something I LOVE doing with Doctor Strange is the Spell of Vishanti instant blow ups. I mostly play Mind Stone currently, and having 8 extra bars every match is pretty interesting in neutral game. Anytime an opponent does anything, just SOV on reaction. Maybe it's fraudulent, but it feels nice to punish someone who tries to do anything.

    However, I would love to be able to get more from it.

    Can any characters tag in and then combo straight off of a raw SOV? Can anyone tag in and combo off of a raw SOV if the enemy starts at jump/super jump height? Can anyone 'DHC' after a SOV at the end of a Doctor Strange combo? It feels like SOV just insta-launches them to the ceiling, so most follow up supers whiff. I've been fixing that by just not ending the combo with Strange, and doing SOV second (if I don't want to do a reset instead).

    My guess is that the answer is it requires a character with a teleport. Something like a raw SOV -> tag in Dormammu -> teleport, jHK -> teleport to floor -> do stuff. I haven't had the time to run through the entire cast yet, but it's just something I've been wanting to try.

    I miss the SOV -> xfactor -> insta-death blow ups. I do still heavily prefer Doctor Strange in this game, though.

    I use Dante/Strange as one of my teams atm and Dante can definitely convert a full combo into crazy dance/million dollars whatever back into strange to set up. Teleporters that convert off of raw SoV seems really strong, definitely a good way to go about picking a partner for Strange. You can also use Strider and just Vajra off of SoV into a combo really easily.

    Dante you just teleport a little late then do helmbreaker to knock them down, they will bounce really high cause they're dropping from the top of the screen, wait for them to get low, then just stand jab into launch or whatever, you can do pretty much anything from that point. You can also mess with double jumping after teleporting to get higher and you can also hit with a jump jab instead of helm breaker. I think helm breaker works in almost every situation tho. You will only run into problems when they are completely off the screen because if you go off the screen, you can't input normals. If you are at the very top of the screen but still visible, you can helm breaker and the blade will go off screen and still hit the guy.

    The threat of SoV into full combo into mixup should be pretty oppressive to the other guy's options.
  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,188
    Guys, what are you supposed to do in neutral with him? What are normals to use on the ground and air, specials to spam?

    It sucks wanting to learn a character but the resources or so little :(
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

    President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    Guys, what are you supposed to do in neutral with him? What are normals to use on the ground and air, specials to spam?

    It sucks wanting to learn a character but the resources or so little :(

    Spam Bolts-tag whenever you can, they are even more oppresive in Infinite than they were before. EoA is standard for defense and crossup-teleports, and, as for normals, I'd say his f+LP and his LK have great hitboxes, and of course his palm are of much use.

    Just deviating a bit, I'm messing around with the reality storm, and trying to combo during it with the elements. I feel that I just scratched the surface, but I ran out of ideas. If anyone would be able to share some stuff, or even get what I did and go further, here is what's like as of right now.

    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,188
    tortonon wrote: »
    Jadedwolf wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm new and skipped Marvel 3. Can anyone post notations for any BnB's to get me started?

    This is the 5-grace combo I posted earlier.

    j.HP LK-HP-HK-Palm xx QCB+HP-HP-HP cr.LK-Palm xx QCF+LP QCB+HP-HP QCB+LK (s.jump) j.LK-HP-Palm-HK xx TeleportHP HP-Palm DP+HP xx Vishanti

    Is there a second orb activation missing here? What sets off the second qcb + hp hp?
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

    President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    tortonon wrote: »
    Jadedwolf wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm new and skipped Marvel 3. Can anyone post notations for any BnB's to get me started?

    This is the 5-grace combo I posted earlier.

    j.HP LK-HP-HK-Palm xx QCB+HP-HP-HP cr.LK-Palm xx QCF+LP QCB+HP-HP QCB+LK (s.jump) j.LK-HP-Palm-HK xx TeleportHP HP-Palm DP+HP xx Vishanti

    Is there a second orb activation missing here? What sets off the second qcb + hp hp?

    lol, my bad, there is indeed a flame missing. It's a QCF+LP.
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    edited October 10
    Just for the records, continuing the stone combos, here's something very basic (so it is viable with half of a space storm) that deals 8K without any regular meters.

    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
  • RaynexRaynex Step kick = Profit Joined: Posts: 79
    Hey all. Twitter is pretty much where all the MvCi tech is being shared. Pretty much all the circulating Strange tech on there was made by me, so I want to share it here to help with development. On to the vids!

    Really cheap Strange setups, works with any team he's on:



    Confirm + mixup = Death (proof of concept)


    Reality Stone confirm, 7.8k meterless, only 50% stone bar required:


    8k damage version of Reality confirm


    Time Stone Fullscreen Loop


    New Space Stone Mixup + Confirm (Box only combo)


    Hard to blockable setup, works with any team:


    Corner combo collection (one is 8k damage)




    And this is Illusion tech I came up with this week. Probably the coolest thing I've found with him



    I hope content helps you all develop your magic. Take care!


    Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.
  • coolguy101084coolguy101084 Joined: Posts: 2
    great content fellas!!! Im running Chris and Dr Strange with space stone. I starting to use Power stone which helps relieve pressure rushdowns.
  • DeftMonkDeftMonk Joined: Posts: 6
    I have been really trying to get into Dr. Strange this time around as I always kinda wanted to main him in MvC3. Can you guys explain how I get the Eye of Ashanti to track? I am not sure why in these videos its almost like you guys are controlling it but I can't do anything but make it sit there.
  • RaynexRaynex Step kick = Profit Joined: Posts: 79
    DeftMonk wrote: »
    I have been really trying to get into Dr. Strange this time around as I always kinda wanted to main him in MvC3. Can you guys explain how I get the Eye of Ashanti to track? I am not sure why in these videos its almost like you guys are controlling it but I can't do anything but make it sit there.

    While either eye of agamotto or tear of agamotto are out, hit it with impact palm (f+HP) and it will track your opponent's movements automatically. You can cancel the impact palm after you've hit it into any other special to begin your setup.

    Example sequence: set Eye, Palm eye, cancel palm into HK Daggers or 2 Graces

    This way, you have the eye flying at them for coverage while you can freely set up
    Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.
  • Hendrix07Hendrix07 Aspiring to be Joined: Posts: 9
    Sensei544 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with the multiple grace bnbs? I'm finding that most times, the beam sends them away and it's too far to land the tear of agamotto. Is it more of a spacing issue or a timing issue?

    Hey All - I am having this issue too. I don't believe it is a timing thing, and have to hypothesize that it has to do with how far away the opponent is when you knock them down with impact palm (and then begin grace setup.) Depending on the distance I believe it affects the way the 3HP GoH beam hits and bounces the opponent (sometimes towards you, sometimes away.) Anyone else experiencing this or have feedback to make it more consistent?

    I see a few GoH BnBs here using 1HP and 1LP GoH's, will try tonight and see if they are more consistent.
    [PS3] USF4: Cody/Makoto/Dudley/Poison?
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,181
    What's the best set up to threaten with a Spell of Vishanti? Like, autopilot with this pattern and throw it out if they try to airdash in.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,070
    I was trying to avoid this thread but the tier thread completely jumped over my question. Does fof after it hits 3 yellow graces cause a free falling unrecoverable state?
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

    I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • FireFist_ZeroFireFist_Zero Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey can any one tell who is good to pair with strange? I was thinking dorm but idk if that’s good it seems to be like playing to sup and no point character
  • tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    Hey can any one tell who is good to pair with strange? I was thinking dorm but idk if that’s good it seems to be like playing to sup and no point character

    Any point character that's good, specially if he has 'grab-state' specials, like Ultron, Carol, Firebrand or Dante.
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.