Age of Ultron - Ultron General Thread

wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 160
edited September 19 in Ultron

Just wanted to get the Ultron discussion up and running.

First things I've noticed, Air HP is amazing and really good at confirming into full combos off errant hits in the air (qcf.hk if you're above him, flight if you're not.)

Death ray (qcf.lp) beats almost everything, only projectile I've seen beat it so far is piecing bolt from Hawkeye.

Comments

• DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 549
  • HughboyzillaHughboyzilla Joined: Posts: 15
    Ultron fly bread and butter I have been using

• Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    So how bout them Drone combos Marlinpie was doing?
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Nice Joined: Posts: 4,100
    Syke1 wrote: »

How are you gonna mention Marlin and not share a link?
    Wolv/Spencer/Akuma or Wesker/Doom/Spencer
    Spencer/Doom/Ammy or Mag/Doom/Ammy because A-bomb
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1fwva0.png
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    Syke1 wrote: »

How are you gonna mention Marlin and not share a link?
    My fault I assumed y'all were on the up and up and saw the MvCI exhibition at Curleh :|
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • sketchpuppysketchpuppy Joined: Posts: 6
    You guys have any tips on the flight combos? I played hella magneto in umvc3 I had all the combos on lock. But with only using two buttons it's very awkward. What's your guys button layout?
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 886
    Notation for the 2 drone combo MarlinPie was doing -
    st.LP, st.HP, cr.HK xx qcb.LK, qcb.LP, st.HP, cr.HK, cr.HP xx qcf.HK, j.HP xx df.dash, j.HP, j.HK xx qcb.LK, j.LK, Land, cr.HP xx qcf.HK

Messing around with Mind Stone and I found this set up that catches most of the air techs.

It's not amazing but it's a start.
    I found after recording that if you instant jump Mind Surge that if they tech upwards or try to jump they get grabbed and if they block the drone beam, Ultron recovers before they do (I'd say around +10). Hopefully will record that tomorrow and improve it.
  • MaximilianoMaximiliano Joined: Posts: 720
    edited September 21
    You guys have any tips on the flight combos? I played hella magneto in umvc3 I had all the combos on lock. But with only using two buttons it's very awkward. What's your guys button layout?

I played hella Magneto as well. My layout is:

LP HP Tag
    LK HK Surge

I like this, since I plan on tagging a whole lot more than using Surge.
  • sketchpuppysketchpuppy Joined: Posts: 6
    I was doing it all wrong you don't have to do hp dash heavy you can just press light and heavy together. -.- so much easier
  • rexyaresexyrexyaresexy Training Mode Abuser Joined: Posts: 464
    My bnb is Launch > sj.lk, sj.hp, xx fly, sj.lk, sj.hp, xx unfly, sj.hp, aduf, sj.hp, sj.hk + tag to standard air combo to super. I'll try to record some of it when I can.
  • MaximilianoMaximiliano Joined: Posts: 720
    edited September 22
    Zachara wrote: »
    st.LP, st.HP, cr.HK xx qcb.LK, qcb.LP, st.HP, cr.HK, cr.HP xx qcf.HK, j.HP xx df.dash, j.HP, j.HK xx qcb.LK, j.LK, Land, cr.HP xx qcf.HK

Can you link a timestamp to this? I'm practicing it in the lab, but I'm having trouble making it work.

Part italicized is when I can't get it to combo.

Part bolded seems to only work near the corner.
  • Shin-ChanShin-Chan ShinShom Joined: Posts: 372
    Hi. I am posting this video, but I didnt capture well probably will have some frame drops.

Not sure if it is well know yet, but I explored a bit of the late hit of the Fatal Swipe and a loop he has with it. Exploiding it u can add damage to most of the existing combos and create damaging combos and setups without using any bounces. Hope you guys like it.

When playing with Chun, learn the Shin's Shom.

cause of my friends, her infinit was named The Shom. hehe..
    edited September 22

Can you link a timestamp to this? I'm practicing it in the lab, but I'm having trouble making it work.

Link doesn't work. The correct time it's at 21:06.
  • DemoninjaDemoninja Joined: Posts: 761

For the part that you italicized, after the j.HK xx qcb.LK, you use the following j.LK to pick them back up and the qcb.LK hits after that.

Midscreen combo you can do qcf.HK, df.dash, j.HP, land, j.LK, j.HP, dash, j.LK, j.HK
  • CriminalCreedCriminalCreed Joined: Posts: 15
    Some more Ultron / X Synergy. Too early to say how strong it is, but it definitely is effective. It's a two guess situation that can be adjusted to hit in front or back by adding a jab before time stone or not. Both which will catch jumps before they leave the ground.

• dizzynecrodizzynecro Shenanigans! Joined: Posts: 943
    I was doing it all wrong you don't have to do hp dash heavy you can just press light and heavy together. -.- so much easier

Wait so you just mash Lp+Hp while holding up forward?
  • HughboyzillaHughboyzilla Joined: Posts: 15
    Yep, LP+HP = air dash. Then then HP will cancel the air dash. Once you have done it a few times you will figure out the rhythm and make your inputs more clean
    edited September 27

I found a way to make this slightly easier if anyone is interested. After the first qcf.HK I found using j.LK, j.HP, dash forward, j.HK xx qcb.LK, j.LK for the OTG was much easier to land, especially online. I still struggle to get the cr.HP after it so occasionally use st.LP, st.HP xx qcf.HK instead.

Now, has anyone seen this mythical 3 drone combo? I can't even think where I'd fit the last drone in...

One last thing on the topic of drones - Air LK Drones + Space Surge + Tag is hilarious. I don't even know which side they're going to hit.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,873
    Whatever combo, end in corner with qcf+hk wallbounce. Hit HP, fly cancel, immediately d/f airdash and it hits crossup standing or crouching.

Thats my story.
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,836
    whats ultrons optimal bnb rn, i been puttin iron man on point but thinking of running that team reverse because ultron dhcs to proton cannon nicely
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    It's at this point I wish I could press both the "Insightful" and "Marvelous" buttons.
    That's some damn good work there.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Shenanigans! Joined: Posts: 943
    Yep, LP+HP = air dash. Then then HP will cancel the air dash. Once you have done it a few times you will figure out the rhythm and make your inputs more clean

I can do it, sweet. Morrigan's is the most fun I think. Dormammu's is freaking awkward as fuck.
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,630
    edited October 2

Get your drone games up boys. Found on reddit.
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,601
    Has anyone found any interesting uses for his raid slash and spear needle normals? I feel they could have hidden potential.
    Slow and steady wins the race

I found a way to make this slightly easier if anyone is interested. After the first qcf.HK I found using j.LK, j.HP, dash forward, j.HK xx qcb.LK, j.LK for the OTG was much easier to land, especially online. I still struggle to get the cr.HP after it so occasionally use st.LP, st.HP xx qcf.HK instead.

Now, has anyone seen this mythical 3 drone combo? I can't even think where I'd fit the last drone in...

One last thing on the topic of drones - Air LK Drones + Space Surge + Tag is hilarious. I don't even know which side they're going to hit.

The "third drone" is actually the second drone in the three drone combo, and you do it immediately after the first.

cr. LK, st. HP, cr. LK xx qcb LK xx qcb HK xx st. LP, st. HP (the beam drone hits during this chain, but you're inputting it fluidly as if you were comboing after the first drone hit) xx qcb LP > the rest of the other combo

I can make a recording if necessary
    After seeing the drone combo GhostTear posted I got it. I hadn't even thought of throwing both grounded drones out but it made sense as soon as I saw it.
    Thanks though. :)
  • nappydudenappydude Joined: Posts: 561
    Are the drone combos practical to do as his bnb?
    Friend or foe!!!
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,604
    nappydude wrote: »

No. Drone on screen limit makes it a pretty specific circumstantial combo unless you never want to use drone in neutral. Stick to the fly hp upwards shit.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,996 mod
    Too much talk about combos, need more talk about neutral.

What are people's go to patterns for filling the screen with hitboxes or just locking down?
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,604
    d3v wrote: »
    Too much talk about combos, need more talk about neutral.

What are people's go to patterns for filling the screen with hitboxes or just locking down?

drone drone dash behind them

Ultron beam/beam super tag (this is stupid good)

Knockdown into big energy ball

My own stupid mixup is to get a full screen knockdown with Thanos and then activate super. They duck it to avoid the blockstun and then I use ultron command grab and laugh myself stupid.

His basic stuff is obvious and strong
    So, who's a good pairing for Ultron.
    Friend or foe!!!
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,996 mod
    Been theorying out drone then Time Stone. So far I can't seem to get the timing right to convert out of ground HK drone time stone. Seems butt easy to confirm out of air LK drone Time Stone into ground bounce though.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,898
    OMG

Thank you @Evil Canadian

For that plink tridash tip. I've been seeing people do these ridiculous tridashes and I've been trying to do them the oldschool way and having a ton of trouble. This makes it fucking easy peasy so thanks again!

(This is why I come to srk :)
    Gettin' my derp on.

Absolutely. It's my go-to combo, especially in the corner.
    Korbidon wrote: »

No. Drone on screen limit makes it a pretty specific circumstantial combo unless you never want to use drone in neutral. Stick to the fly hp upwards shit.

Eh, totally disagree. Rarely are you getting a hit with a drone. You are usually using it to cover your approach by either forcing them to block falling LK drones into ADF, or using a grounded HK drone to cover a box dash. It's also the best combo to use because the window for a safe counter tag is so small and you've typically done most of your damage once you go airborn. The only times it's truly better to use the fly combos is if you're tagging in off an odd confirm from your partner and you're unsure of the HSD or you got an air to air hit.
    That's what I was thinking.. because the BnB basically starts with you getting at least 3hits in before you use your drone.. I'm getting problems with the whiff special part. But I'll get it down.. wondering how well it can be optimized tho.. or is this the best and simplest way to get the entire combo using drones.
    Friend or foe!!!
    I've been trying a number of ways to optimize it and it's rough to do anything else solo. If you do a rep of the "whiffed" choke in the corner and spike into tag I'm sure you could get higher damage depending on your partner, but I haven't played with that much.
    I'm getting to build 1bar plus lvl up my Frank West to lvl 5. I made it a little easier and it builds more meter than the flight loop.. so it's better.
    Friend or foe!!!
  • venomous321venomous321 Joined: Posts: 4

• MaravillaMaravilla Joined: Posts: 245
    Does ultron have an overhead attack? I mean grounded.