Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Save Us Based Venom!

Eat ManEat Man Joined: Posts: 141
Rescue us from this roster! We need you!

IMG_2884.jpg
Oops, my bad, that's my scenario.

Comments

• NickRocksNickRocks Abuse The Meta Joined: Posts: 22,923
    not getting the game til venom drops

also because i dont have a ps4 rn but yea lol
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Change is good. Joined: Posts: 1,019
    If it's Agent Venom I'm not playing this game anymore.
    dizzynecro wrote: »
    If it's Agent Venom I'm not playing this game anymore.

thats real shit tbh i respect u for dat i feel the same
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,212
    I luv venom like most,but i could roll with agent venom
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
  • Eat ManEat Man Joined: Posts: 141
    You can't promise Venom and then deliver Agent Venom. I'm sorry. That's like promising Superman and then delivering John Henry Irons.

Oops, my bad, that's my scenario.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I want the throne! Joined: Posts: 27,374
    If not Agent Venom then he can kick rocks.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,333
    It's Eddie Brock so it's cool.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • HaggarmaniaHaggarmania Joined: Posts: 115
    Don't worry guys, it's Abigail under the Venom suit.
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,076
    McGargan with classic moveset
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,236 mod
    Team Shapeshift is a go (Jedah/Venom)

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• tortonontortonon youtube.com/tortonon Joined: Posts: 561
    Team Shapeshift is a go (Jedah/Venom)

Thought of it as Team-Goo, but still, I really want to try them out together.
    MvCi: Strange, Jedah, Stark and Danvers. Choose two.
    UMvC3: Mag/Doom/Strange, Strange/Dorm/Dante
    DBZ: Vegeta and whoever else. Vegeta is the only one that matters.
    Nova/Venom/Power lookin sexy to me
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • MastaSWMastaSW Joined: Posts: 200

I'm loving some Venom! These are the BnB's I'm running with so far and they're also meter sufficient. Pretty simple to pickup and a couple slight variations to what I saw on the earlier Capcom streams pushed the corner combo to ALMOST 6.7k. I'm sure someone will figure out how to optimize these even more eventually but hopefully this sparks an idea or helps anyone out who may be looking for more combos with notations, etc. Have fun folks!
    DBFZ for Me
    PSN - SNCK916
  • WarriorBySandWarriorBySand Joined: Posts: 132
    3 combos

Im just happy venoms back...but man do i miss rushdown pressure venom
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • SyCcNySs22SyCcNySs22 Joined: Posts: 10
    edited December 2017
    Not sure if this is known, but IAVF (Instant Air Venom Fang) causes Eddie to instantly splash into the ground. It causes somewhat of a fake out for his typical horizontal Venom Fang. 'Could' be useful.
  • Riot55Riot55 King Scrub Joined: Posts: 867
    3 combos

I know he's not hard execution wise but if you have time would you mind writing out the notation of these combos? It helps to look at it written down step by step for me. If not, that's cool.

I'm currently trying to figure out ways to maximize Hawkeye with Venom. I can get the command grab to work after a gimlet but can't get his little run afterwards to connect (even with a quick OTG into powerstone). Does he have any totally safe grounded pressure strings? His HP has lots of recovery so canceling it into the QCF LK seems like a decent trap if they push buttons.
    MVCI: Gamora/Hawkeye - Add Taskmaster into this game, Capcom plz
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
  • JoLeF88JoLeF88 You finished practicing now? Joined: Posts: 10
    Any specific timing on Mission 8? I’m struggling connecting on the follow up from qcf lk+hk -> cr.lk -> cr.hp
  • BallTapperBallTapper Boi Joined: Posts: 576
    Im just gonna throw my easy mode bnb here
    T7: Bryan, Drag, Steve, Oscar
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: Daimon/Joe/Iori
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
    MvCI: Spiderman/Venom/Power
    DBFZ: Yamcher/16/Goku | Nappa/Cell/Bluegeta
  • SyCcNySs22SyCcNySs22 Joined: Posts: 10
    Damn, Venom is not a "Big Body" :/ (1K health)
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,736
    JoLeF88 wrote: »
    Any specific timing on Mission 8? I’m struggling connecting on the follow up from qcf lk+hk -> cr.lk -> cr.hp

Don't press anything (not even a direction) and wait for Venom to auto-OTG after the end of Death Bite, then chain with cr.LK > cr.HP into the air combo.
    [SFV] Laura [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • SevansSevans Hell bent Joined: Posts: 639
    edited December 2017
    Riot55 wrote: »
    3 combos

I know he's not hard execution wise but if you have time would you mind writing out the notation of these combos? It helps to look at it written down step by step for me. If not, that's cool.

I'm currently trying to figure out ways to maximize Hawkeye with Venom. I can get the command grab to work after a gimlet but can't get his little run afterwards to connect (even with a quick OTG into powerstone). Does he have any totally safe grounded pressure strings? His HP has lots of recovery so canceling it into the QCF LK seems like a decent trap if they push buttons.

I've been playing Eddie/Clint/Purple too and the Web Throw 'capture state' seems really finicky so I've kind of been reserving it for meterless combo enders as it works especially well with allowing the poison arrow to tick all of its damage. So pretty much any Hawkeye confirm into 2x freeze, poison xx Gimlet, switch, dash in c.lk xx power stone, lk trap, lp web throw. I have no idea how much poison arrow ticks for, but it looks like it adds at least another 1,000 unscaled damage to a combo.

Also, man, anytime you land the Maximum Venom (or whatever the web super is called) in the air, tag to Hawkeye and fucking SPAM the triple piercing upshot. Holy freakin' hell it hits a ton of times and Venom's super keeps him in place for THREE of them. I've got 7,200 damage versus a big body with stray power stone confirm for one meter doing this.
    edited December 2017
    Sevans wrote: »
    3 combos

I've been playing Eddie/Clint/Purple too and the Web Throw 'capture state' seems really finicky so I've kind of been reserving it for meterless combo enders as it works especially well with allowing the poison arrow to tick all of its damage. So pretty much any Hawkeye confirm into 2x freeze, poison xx Gimlet, switch, dash in c.lk xx power stone, lk trap, lp web throw. I have no idea how much poison arrow ticks for, but it looks like it adds at least another 1,000 unscaled damage to a combo.

Also, man, anytime you land the Maximum Venom (or whatever the web super is called) in the air, tag to Hawkeye and fucking SPAM the triple piercing upshot. Holy freakin' hell it hits a ton of times and Venom's super keeps him in place for THREE of them. I've got 7,200 damage versus a big body with stray power stone confirm for one meter doing this.

Yeah been doing the arrow rain spam lol. Was trying to figure out the timing to set up an explosive arrow trap on the ground for when they land and tag them with a poison arrow as they fall to the ground right before they recover.

I played another Hawkeye/Venom player who was hitting his freeze loop into poison and tagging Venom there WITHOUT the Gimlet and comboing into web grab but I can't get that to work. I can do freeze > freeze > piercing shot and tag Venom to run in and combo, but need some help optimizing damage after that. I don't know if there's better stuff to do than just web grab.
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    I'm gonna play some more tonight to see what all I can manage in those scenarios.
    edited December 2017
    I'm gonna play some more tonight to see what all I can manage in those scenarios.

I just fiddled around and figured this out (I mess it up a few times but towards the end check it out). You can move around during the cinematic command grab and maybe set up some kind of trap or at least tag them with a poison at the end. The other thing that's annoying as you can see as I mess up a few times is that it seems inconsistent how far Venom runs after the opponent. I can't always get far enough to cr.LP into power stone.

www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,700
    floooooooop

• appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,269
    edited December 2017
    floooooooop

why did you stopped to show the inputs like you did in your older videos?

appo wrote: »
    floooooooop

??

Inputs are on in the combo vid.

Notations for combos in full are in the vid description as always for marvel vids cause too many fuckin things to write down.
    floooooooop

??

Notations for combos in full are in the vid description as always for marvel vids cause too many fuckin things to write down.

yeat but i meant the extra notations like in the older ones. didnt checked the the description.

edited December 2017
    floooooooop

??

yeat but i meant the extra notations like in the older ones. didnt checked the the description.

notations were never in the video proper for marvel vids outside of leaving my inputs on, always on the video description :i_dunno:
  • ItsNotJackieChanItsNotJackieChan Joined: Posts: 116
    for anyone playing spiderman/venom ive been using this for recaps:

floooooooop

??

notations were never in the video proper for marvel vids outside of leaving my inputs on, always on the video description :i_dunno:

guess i mixed that up...as i said i was tired.

I just fiddled around and figured this out (I mess it up a few times but towards the end check it out). You can move around during the cinematic command grab and maybe set up some kind of trap or at least tag them with a poison at the end. The other thing that's annoying as you can see as I mess up a few times is that it seems inconsistent how far Venom runs after the opponent. I can't always get far enough to cr.LP into power stone.

Venom's dash after the grab is frustrating me as well. I tried switching at different points during the Hawkeye loops, at different areas of the screen and the results after the web throw were always inconsistent. I feel like I'll just use that time to set up shop; as you said.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Change is good. Joined: Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2017

Venom's dash after the grab is frustrating me as well. I tried switching at different points during the Hawkeye loops, at different areas of the screen and the results after the web throw were always inconsistent. I feel like I'll just use that time to set up shop; as you said.

I know that it won't work if you've used your OTG(obviously) but also if you've used a crumple stun. You also need to cause a screen transition without cornering them which means they need to already be cornered or close to it.
    edited December 2017
    dizzynecro wrote: »

I know that it won't work if you've used your OTG(obviously) but also if you've used a crumple stun. You also need to cause a screen transition without cornering them which means they need to already be cornered or close to it.

Yeah... is there anything Venom can do if he throws them into the corner and doesn't run to chase? There's like a body-length space from where he knocks them down and I don't think he can do anything to pop them up (into a power stone or otherwise). Maybe just have to be content to lay a trap or something. Though I've gotten it to work once where if I tag they'll come in and hit them once with the tag attack and can maybe poison arrow or something. I'll keep experimenting.

Also not sure what's optimal to do after I land a gimlet and tag Venom in. Not sure if he can really combo into anything besides a web grab? Even with power stone it feels inconsistent to close the distance quickly and convert anything. I'm hoping to find ANYTHING that's easy to do like I used to do with Gamora, like Gimlet > tag to gamora, dash, cr. HK otg > power stone, jumping hk sword into super.
    Post edited by Riot55 on
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
  • ItsNotJackieChanItsNotJackieChan Joined: Posts: 116
    edited December 2017
    @Riot55 after web throw into the corner you can do df.hk/lk (depending on distance use one or the other). I usually do it then tag. I dont play hawkeye though...

you can combo df.lk/hk into itself several times from full screen.

Edit: i misread lol. Yeah you cant do much besides tag and combo due to the distance
    Post edited by ItsNotJackieChan on
    edited December 2017
    I just threw this together, if anyone else has something more optimal pls let me know
    It beat all air techs
    Here is a easy webthrow combo, of course the screen positioning is gonna be a factor but you know, figure it out
  • tomletomle Joined: Posts: 232
    edited December 2017
    I found a weird bug with web throw.
    My combo only work on one side and never on the other side.
    Post edited by tomle on
  • WarriorBySandWarriorBySand Joined: Posts: 132
    edited December 2017
    Venom optimal combos and with ultron