Gamora is best waifu - Combos, Videos, Discussion

SlaserXSlaserX MasterJoined: Posts: 17
edited September 21 in Gamora
Combos:

Riot55--
Lk, HP, HK, qcfHk (2 hits), LK, ddLP, d.HP in air, qcb LK, HP, cr.HP, air HP, air dHP, air HP, air HK, HK, qcfLP, qcfLP+HP.

d3v--
any ground string into launch, j.HP, j.d+HP, j.qcb+LK, j.qcb+LK, j.qcb+LK, land, dd+HP, d.LP, qcf+LP,qcf+PP (Corner Carry)

Gilthwixt--
(any ground series into launcher) > j. Lk , j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+lk (x3), land, j. Lk, j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+Lk (x2), land, j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+Lk, LK, HP, HK, d.d. HP, HK, qcf+Lp xx Godslayer Hyper.
Post edited by SlaserX on

Comments

• Eat ManEat Man Joined: Posts: 141
    Yellow eyes! So help me God, yellow eyes!
    Oops, my bad, that's my scenario.
  • Riot55Riot55 King Scrub Joined: Posts: 840
    edited September 21
    What an... informative topic. Anyways, might as well talk shop. I've been learning (read:struggling) to adapt to Infinite controls coming from mvc3 and picked up Gamora so far. I've been able to kind get a bnb so far that gets around 6.3k damage solo one bar. What I've been using:

Lk, HP, HK, qcfHk (2 hits), LK, ddLP, d.HP in air, qcb LK, HP, cr.HP, air HP, air dHP, air HP, air HK, HK, qcfLP, qcfLP+HP.

Then maybe tag into partner while she's doing the sword super.

Seems relatively easy to confirm into, can do qcbLK guns from air or across screen and if it hits can confirm into this. Are there other easier and more damaging combos? I'm finding that the down down motion uppercut is annoying to do at times and still inconsistent.

Also, what are some good synergies with other characters? Any cheap tag setups or mixups people have been finding?
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    SFV/Competitive CS:GO/Hearthstone
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,996 mod
    Me, I'm mostly just doing any ground string into launch, j.HP, j.d+HP, j.qcb+LK, j.qcb+LK, j.qcb+LK, land, dd+HP, d.LP, qcf+LP,qcf+PP guaranteed 6k+ damage and is an amazing corner carry, though the timing to get the dd+HP to hit is a bit tight. That said, that point may be a great time to set up resets.
  • ApoCDucKApoCDucK Joined: Posts: 6
    edited September 21
    I'm struggling somewhat with the j.d+hp into j.qcb+lkx3 I can often get 2 of the j.qcb+lk but the third always gets me. Any help?
  • GilthwixtGilthwixt Fraudulent Theory Fighter Joined: Posts: 31
    edited September 21
    I've been running with a modified version of this combo:

(any ground series into launcher) > j. Lk , j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+lk (x3), land, j. Lk, j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+Lk (x2), land, j. Lk, j. D+Hp, j. qcb+Lk, LK, HP, HK, d.d. HP, HK, qcf+Lp xx Godslayer Hyper.

I find the j. LK x2 to be way easier to time, but that might just be because it reminds me of Jill jump loops. The damage is about the same.

Like the original uploader notes, this can be done anywhere including corner to corner, and will have different damage depending on who you do it on. Starting with a jump in I've hit Thanos for 7k+.
  • RedVegaRedVega Joined: Posts: 861
    Just realized I've been missing out on 3 additional gun loops. Only been doing 3 back-to-back.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,939
    Wow that one in the video is a lot easier than the one I been doing here:

I always fuck up at the end with s.lk, f+hk, qcb.lk, c.lk, c.hp.
    edited September 21
    Nice combo. I just grinded it for like 2 hours lol. I can technically do the whole thing, but I'm finding it a bit hard sometimes to include the last little single jump/gun in the air after the 3 guns then 2 guns. You can just end combo without the tighter timing of the last jump loop and still do nearly the same damage (was about 200 or so less?. Maybe just more consistent for hectic online matches.

Any other characters that can really capitalize off tagging in off her super at the end of this? Or other nice synergies people have discovered? I haven't even touched stones yet pretty much, though I imagine with soul stone and install super she can lock people down pretty well. Revived partner uses same inputs right? Could probably qcf H with partnered Thanos for his armored overhead no? Any other good characters with qcb LK moves to aid in her gun spam? lol

edit: I'm not very confident in Hawkeye overall, but I'm messing with him a little now and he seems like a pretty good tag in as Gamora is doing her super. You can do his backflip arrows and hit them with a poison arrow, another arrow, and then a final ground shot to extend the total damage without using a 2nd bar. By that time you've already done ~7000 damage or so with poison ticking, so opponents will only have a little bit of HP left so Hawkeye can run and try to chip out maybe.
    Post edited by Riot55 on
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
  • D4GamersD4Gamers Just Like Cap! Joined: Posts: 271
    I keep changing my BnB because of the videos I see of people hitting 7-8k. After learning them I realize it's more like 5-6k no matter what combo I do... What's causing the huge damage discrepancies? I assume it has to be Gamora's Godslayer super not hitting perfectly?
    -Vanilla MvC3: Main:Zero/ Viper/ Taskmaster I Alt: Skrull/ Wesker/ Sentinel
    -Ultimate MvC3:Main: Spencer/ Hulk/ Doom I Alt: Doom/ Akuma/ Strider
    - Currently learning: Ironfist, Dante, Frank West

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • SlaserXSlaserX Master Joined: Posts: 17
    Personally, I've been using Thanos as my second. I use gamora to cheese/annoy/zone a little bit, then bring in big daddy Thanos for the damage.
    Using Thanos' beam super into tag is a huge help to get Gamora in safely and have a chance to mix up.

I'll be practicing tonight to get some better combos/mixups down.

Anyone else using a different partner?
    Another interesting entry from ElChakotay:

We have loops!
    edited September 22
    Riot55 wrote: »
    Nice combo. I just grinded it for like 2 hours lol. I can technically do the whole thing, but I'm finding it a bit hard sometimes to include the last little single jump/gun in the air after the 3 guns then 2 guns. You can just end combo without the tighter timing of the last jump loop and still do nearly the same damage (was about 200 or so less?. Maybe just more consistent for hectic online matches.
    D4Gamers wrote: »
    I keep changing my BnB because of the videos I see of people hitting 7-8k. After learning them I realize it's more like 5-6k no matter what combo I do... What's causing the huge damage discrepancies? I assume it has to be Gamora's Godslayer super not hitting perfectly?
    Yeah, there are several videos out there that show this better, but basically scaling in this game is weird af. For one, the character you do the combo on changes the damage output. Also, with this combo in particular starting your ground series with a light attack actually makes it lose ~500 damage for whatever reason, but doing the light attack after a jump-in undoes this. And you get serious diminishing returns the longer the combo is - entire strings end up being a pitiful 200 to 300 damage difference. On the one hand it makes it a bit easier for newer players since even very unoptimal stuff can net you 5.5k+, and ToD combos are pretty much nonexistant without Power Storm + Level 3 so setups and oki will be more important. On the other hand, it almost feels like it isn't worth the effort to learn difficult, flashy stuff especially if you exclusively play online. And we'll never have hype moments like Marlin Pie's TAC swag.
    Any other characters that can really capitalize off tagging in off her super at the end of this? Or other nice synergies people have discovered?
    My money is on Dormammu being top tier across the board, especially with someone like Gamora on point. Just look at what FChamp is doing with him. While Godslayer hyper is active, you have enough time to stock 3 Dark Spells and still get Stalking Flare out to combo. It's disgusting to the point that I almost don't want to do it lol. Doctor Strange would probably work the same way, but probably not as strong - I want to give that a shot and see how fun it is.

Post edited by Gilthwixt on
    edited September 22
    Gilthwixt wrote: »
    Also, with this combo in particular starting your ground series with a light attack actually makes it lose ~500 damage for whatever reason, but doing the light attack after a jump-in undoes this. And you get serious diminishing returns the longer the combo is - entire strings end up being a pitiful 200 to 300 damage difference. On the one hand it makes it a bit easier for newer players since even very unoptimal stuff can net you 5.5k+, and ToD combos are pretty much nonexistant without Power Storm + Level 3 so setups and oki will be more important. On the other hand, it almost feels like it isn't worth the effort to learn difficult, flashy stuff especially if you exclusively play online. And we'll never have hype moments like Marlin Pie's TAC swag.
    Starting a combo with a light scaling a combo hard was in MvC3 as well.
  • SixGunJonSixGunJon Joined: Posts: 4
    Yeah I feel like the main thing you want in combos right now is corner carry and meter building since damage is fairly homogenized
    Gilthwixt wrote: »
    Yeah, there are several videos out there that show this better, but basically scaling in this game is weird af. For one, the character you do the combo on changes the damage output. Also, with this combo in particular starting your ground series with a light attack actually makes it lose ~500 damage for whatever reason, but doing the light attack after a jump-in undoes this. And you get serious diminishing returns the longer the combo is - entire strings end up being a pitiful 200 to 300 damage difference. On the one hand it makes it a bit easier for newer players since even very unoptimal stuff can net you 5.5k+, and ToD combos are pretty much nonexistant without Power Storm + Level 3 so setups and oki will be more important. On the other hand, it almost feels like it isn't worth the effort to learn difficult, flashy stuff especially if you exclusively play online. And we'll never have hype moments like Marlin Pie's TAC swag.

Thanks for the clarification, Sucks that we lose out on the crazy combo potential that makes marvel what it is but I guess theres not much we can do about it. I'll be sticking to the simple stuff I suppose.

edited September 22
    d3v wrote: »
    Starting a combo with a light scaling a combo hard was in MvC3 as well.

Yeah but not to the extent of 10 ~ 15% damage loss. There are people in other threads noting up to 1k damage loss. That's nuts.

Edit: I'm going to acknowledge the irony in that your comment was actually the one I saw mentioning up to 1k damage loss. But point still stands - 1 jab never dropped a 1mil combo to 900k in mvc3.
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,346
    Me, I'm mostly just doing any ground string into launch, j.HP, j.d+HP, j.qcb+LK, j.qcb+LK, j.qcb+LK, land, dd+HP, d.LP, qcf+LP,qcf+PP guaranteed 6k+ damage and is an amazing corner carry, though the timing to get the dd+HP to hit is a bit tight. That said, that point may be a great time to set up resets.

Is this really netting you 6k? I'm not even coming close to that. Hell I added another loop in there andonly hit 5.3k. What ground series are you doing beforehand?

As for that 3rd gun loop I can't seem to hit. Is this something that only works on big bodies?

Also do anyone have some of gamora full screen confirms?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm having a lot of trouble with gun loops in the corner. Are they even possible?
    I am having a lot of luck online with Reality Gem/j.f+LK to break defense. If they're using time stone, just keep your reality orb out and free combo every time they use their gem.
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 848
    Didn't Gamora have an air hyper?
    edited September 23
    Still searching for a good 2nd with Gamora that can tag in and do some damage or setups after she's hitting them with her hyper and can keep her safe as she stands there for a second. Still using Hawkeye and tagging em with some arrows. I suck with flight characters and everyone still feels weird to play. Tinkering with Arthur a little bit, but feel like I need some lockdown mixup. Also need good ways to tag into Gamora from any distance and let her combo. Anybody exploring zoning-type characters with her? I think Ultron would probably be decent with her as Ray Ray plays her, but for whatever reason I just can't make myself cancel into flight in the air, having to do the qcb kicks so fast mid combo just doesn't jive with my brain. Dante's combos are weird too. I mean I guess if I just sat in training mode with a specific bnb it'd work, but I dunno. I'm starting to have luck with Hawkeye and Gimlet can be nice, but if the opponent gets in to even midscreen on me I have no good answer with him, he's just so weak up close.

Anybody experimenting with X? Or Strange? Does Strange rely on extended fly combos? I dont think so, right?
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
    edited September 23
    Still searching for a good 2nd with Gamora that can tag in and do some damage or setups after she's hitting them with her hyper and can keep her safe as she stands there for a second. Still using Hawkeye and tagging em with some arrows. I suck with flight characters and everyone still feels weird to play. Tinkering with Arthur a little bit, but feel like I need some lockdown mixup. Also need good ways to tag into Gamora from any distance and let her combo. Anybody exploring zoning-type characters with her? I think Ultron would probably be decent with her as Ray Ray plays her, but for whatever reason I just can't make myself cancel into flight in the air, having to do the qcb kicks so fast mid combo just doesn't jive with my brain. Dante's combos are weird too. I mean I guess if I just sat in training mode with a specific bnb it'd work, but I dunno. I'm starting to have luck with Hawkeye and Gimlet can be nice, but if the opponent gets in to even midscreen on me I have no good answer with him, he's just so weak up close.

Anybody experimenting with X? Or Strange? Does Strange rely on extended fly combos? I dont think so, right?

Trust, just learn and get used to the flight cancels. I had a lot of trouble in MvC3 and now even in infinite when learn how to flight cancel. Eventually it just clicks. A lot of character options become available because the flight cancels works nearly exactly the same across most of the cast. Learning one characters flight combos and you've pretty much learned them all. Not learning them is just limiting your character pool.

I've been using Jedah and Nova to compliment Gamora. While not an incredibly effective zoner I'm pretty sure Jedah would be your go to if your looking for a hit and run type style, especially with reality/time stone. The fact that you cant push block his eviscerates makes for some good zoning and great lockdown.

Is this really netting you 6k? I'm not even coming close to that. Hell I added another loop in there andonly hit 5.3k. What ground series are you doing beforehand?
    Tested this again. Anything that starts from a light, no matter how long or short will scale the combo hard (about 1k damage).

If you want more damage, you're going to have to substitute dd+HP for a rejump into j.HP, j.d+HP, 2x gun loops, into ground string to super.

Tested this again. Anything that starts from a light, no matter how long or short will scale the combo hard (about 1k damage).

If you want more damage, you're going to have to substitute dd+HP for a rejump into j.HP, j.d+HP, 2x gun loops, into ground string to super.

Ah thanks.

@Riot55 Strange doesn't have anything like that from what I've seen. He's probably a pretty good character for gamora. I'm thinking about using either X Dante or Captain Marvel alongside gamora. Haven't decided tet whp I want to try.
  • RedVegaRedVega Joined: Posts: 861
    edited September 24
    What are some basic combos for her dd super? The double animation one? Or what do you guys usually combo from to trigger the super and follow with a combo
    RedVega wrote: »
    What are some basic combos for her dd super? The double animation one? Or what do you guys usually combo from to trigger the super and follow with a combo

Strange timing but I was about to post about this. L godslayer will confirm into her shadow combination.

If you're running soul stone you can do HPxSoul Stone and just repeat that may have to dash a couple of times or walk slightly forward. You can also combo light god slayer after the soul stone and get another heavy.

So loops involving soul stone can be HPxSoul Stone or HPxSoul Stone lp god slayer. HPxSoulStone x3 lp God alayer then repeat.

If you don't have soul stoe you can do HPx lp god slayer. It can be tricky to get the hp after the lp qodslayer so you can substitute that with lk. LK HP x lp god slayer is a lot easier to confirm.

Your best bet for an ender will prob be ddHP. I don't think using a 2nd bar will be worth it. The cpu was usually able to block around 30 hits when I tried these loops. So keep that in mind.

I haven't tried it but HKx lp god slayer should potentially work as well. Possible ender also that I haven't tried is ddhp cr jab ddhp or lp god slayer.
  • DocCeaserDocCeaser Joined: Posts: 297

I think this is a good start for a reset concept. They can escape if they tech up and tag. You might be able to counter that if you tag with the j.hk arc shots. That gives better mix-up options anyway.
  • SixGunJonSixGunJon Joined: Posts: 4

Cute power stone reset concept. If they air tech (in any direction I'm pretty sure) you get gunshot pressure
  • FatherGreenFatherGreen Joined: Posts: 4
    I'm up at 2am in the lab. I found this cute little loop/reset. I hope it gives somebody some ideas.
  • Eat ManEat Man Joined: Posts: 141
    How are you guys controlling her in the neutral? I've noticed constant leaping gun pressure from randoms online. I feel like we should be more clever than that.
    Oops, my bad, that's my scenario.
    Eat Man wrote: »
    How are you guys controlling her in the neutral? I've noticed constant leaping gun pressure from randoms online. I feel like we should be more clever than that.

By also throwing in ground guns and kunais. Or activating Genei Jin, then shooting.
  • MastaSWMastaSW Joined: Posts: 191
    D4Gamers wrote: »
    I've been using Jedah and NOVA to compliment Gamora

You must tell me of this possible Gamora and Nova galactic marriage. Nova and Dante are two of my fave characters especially coming from MvC3. Also loving Gamora so far she just feels really responsive, quick, rewarding and kinda reminds me of Deadpool slightly(plus her theme is GODLIKE). If I can pair her with Nova I'd be pretty fukkin happy. What are you doing with them?

Also I haven't hit the lab with these gun loops everybody's using but is that as required as it seems for her combos? First thing I should be getting down moving forward?
    It's MAHVEL again baby!!! - Currently finding a Main
    PSN - SNCK916
  • MastaSWMastaSW Joined: Posts: 191
    I've gotta say I've been VERY impressed and surprised by how good Gamora feels and looks like she has a lot of potential to still be figured out thanks to that Shadow Super that folks aren't using all that much yet. If I can nail these gun loops which seem to lead to her optimal damage than she'll have to be a main of mine. Anyways tho who is the character folks have been finding works best with her so far?
    It's MAHVEL again baby!!! - Currently finding a Main
    PSN - SNCK916
  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,188
    Hey guys what are the properties of gamoras anti air? Is it invincible on start up?

My friend does a block string into the move and then tags Jedah who dashes in with a low or aerial HP. Was wondering if this could be interrupted or I have to just take it and guess lol.
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,664
    edited September 30

Combo idea. Trying to optimize it.
    Post edited by ribu on
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

I've been using Hawkeye and Gamora still lately. What do you think the optimal combo would be if I hit the opponent with a Gimlet? I've just been trying to tag in and dash over, crLK cr HP > air gun loop but it's too high to really do any loops without them falling out.
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
  • Kaiten92Kaiten92 Well-Known Pervert Joined: Posts: 12,459
    I've been using Hawkeye and Gamora still lately. What do you think the optimal combo would be if I hit the opponent with a Gimlet? I've just been trying to tag in and dash over, crLK cr HP > air gun loop but it's too high to really do any loops without them falling out.

Try the low-to-ground loop jLK HP 2HP xx QCB+LK. Usually loops up to 3x in a standard BnB but should still work at least twice off a raw super into tag confirm. Oh yeah, you can use 22LP to OTG and do 2HP while falling into air QCB+LP to start it off a knockdown. Works after LP Godslayer knockdown as well.

Afterwards I think you can link launcher but if not, a buffered 22HP works if you didn't do too many reps. Or you can end it with the reset posted above by DocCeaser as your last loop since you should end up in the corner.
    "Persona 4 Golden has taught me that I need to focus on maxing my S.Link's IRL.
    Too bad I spent like 80+ hours on a Single player game w/ non-existent people and fictional love interests.
    Kind of counterproductive isn't it?

• riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,664
    Really like the idea of Hawkeye/Gamora. Messed around and think i have the basis for something sort of simple/effective:
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• ThumperThumper Joined: Posts: 69
    Just started playing a couple of days ago. The game still feels really weird to me (even dashing feels off) but so far, Gamora has been pretty fun. Really dug her in the character reveals and her guns are too good!

I use her and Thanos right now. Ideally, I would've wanted to play Capt. Marvel but flight cancels just feel weird to me. I don't know if it's the best synergy but I feel like both characters set up each other well? Or at least, they set up their partners fairly well.

Will try the BNB's people posted on here when I get home later.

• ThumperThumper Joined: Posts: 69
    Just played more last night and holy crap, I can't get the 3 gun reps in the air consistently even on the first loop! I tried the lk lk version and the hp version and can't get them both down with any type of consistency. Any tips?

As an aside, here's a bnb that I found that's pretty reliable and easy and does about 6.4k from mid screen.

Qcf HK (2 hits), LK (guns), LK, HP, HK, crHP, j.LK, j.HP, j.HK, cr.HK, qcf.HP (get all those hits), qcf.PP (sword super)

Sometimes, I have to dash in after the LK guns but the timing isn't so tight.
  • Geist_6one7Geist_6one7 Joined: Posts: 4
    @Thumper, I usually use cr.HK into launcher for a little extra height and then go right into j.HP, j.d+HP xx qcb+LK x3. Dunno if that helps at all.

It seems like a dagger flip very low to the ground is her best overhead. Comes out faster than qcf+HP and less obvious than a DUD j.HK. You can use a follow up j.LK or two to confirm against most of the cast. Power Stone surge handles the coversion against shrimps.